Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:12 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Trapped!

This is not a fairytale, or is it?

The current game state is:

Day 6

And will end when the challenge ends.

Unfortunates:

1. ***Pine, he likes standing in fields like a pretty little flower.
  2. teacher, he once told a muffin to lynch itself.
  3. Chickadee, she eats pineapples on Thursdays.
  4. **Myloninja13, formerly known as "Peter".
  5. *Kokichi Oma, he has lost 12 of his fingers.
  6. CreativeMod1, he doesn't know if fairies exist.
  7. *ofrhz, they think puppets can dance.
  8. WhyMafia
    FA_Q2,
    his
    her
    his favourite strawberry is an orange.
  9. **GuiltyLion, one day, he wants to be a lightbulb.
  10. *Irrelephant11, oh the shame of him!
  11. Enigma, blankets are their forte.
  12. **Feysal, they don't want their parents to win the election.
  13. Not Known 15, they only wash the top left quarter of their body.

Spoiler: Trapped
  1. Not Known 15 the unfortunate, voted on floor 1.
  2. Teacher the unfortunate, night killed on floor 1.
  3. Chickadee the saboteur, voted on floor 2.
  4. FA_Q2 the unfortunate, night killed on floor 2.
  5. Pine the saboteur, voted on floor 3.
  6. Irrelephant the unfortunate, night killed on floor 3.
  7. CreativeMod1 the unfortunate, voted on floor 4.
  8. Enigma the unfortunate, night killed on floor 4.
  9. ofrhz the unfortunate, voted on floor 5.
  10. GuiltyLion the fortunate, night killed on floor 5.

Spoiler: Still competing for the key of freedom
  1. Myloninja13
  2. Kokichi Oma
  3. Feysal
Last edited by mutantdevle on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:55 am, edited 47 times in total.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:15 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Rules:

Rules list and format shamelessly stolen and adapted from Viomi, Not_Mafia, Kmd4390 and Socrates.

Deadlines & Activity

Day Length
Night Length
Other Phases?
Varies with each challenge (explained in post 2)
48 hours
  1. You can see how much time is left in each phase at the top of this thread.

2. If you do not post in the thread for more than 48 hours, you will be given a prod.
  3. You must reply to this prod by posting in the thread within 24 hours or you will face being replaced.
  4. If you are prodded 3 times you will be force replaced.
  5. If you know that you are going to be away for more than 48 hours, either activate VLA here or send me a PM saying how long you will be away for.
  6. You may be given a prod for a lack of content if I feel your posts do not contain any content relevant to the game (prodge). These will only be issued upon consecutive prodges.
  7. Deadlines may be extended by up to 48 hours if someone replaces in to give them time to catch up on the thread. The deadline extension may apply to both day and night deadlines regardless of alignment. All deadline extensions will be announced in the thread.
General Rules
  1. All site rules apply.
  2. Do not attack other players with hostile intent. Mafia is a game of manipulation and, as such, insults will naturally be thrown around as a method of devaluing the opinion of another player. This means that some level of tough skin is required. However, there is a huge difference between playing the game and attacking an individual. If you ever feel like you are being attacked by another individual beyond the boundaries set by the game, PM me immediately.
  3. The mod colours I will be using are
    8000BF
    and
    , do not try to impersonate me by using these colours. Any information posted by me in this colour is important and official information.
  4. If you make a post with broken tags, you may explicitly ask me to fix them in a new post and I will happily do so. I will not fix tags unless requested to.
  5. You may not quote directly from any messages sent by anyone in any PTs. Copy and pasting a message is allowed as long as it is not quoted. If you do not know whether what you want to say is a quote or just paraphrasing then send me a PM asking if what you want to post is allowed.
  6. Do not use any form of provable randomness. Claiming you did something randomly is fine as long as you cannot prove it.
  7. If you are aware of anyone breaking these rules outside this thread then please report it to me immediately. If I find out you intentionally avoided reporting a rule breaker then I may punish you as well.
  8. If someone breaks one of these rules in the thread, please refrain from quoting them as this will often repeat the rule break.
  9. If you think that I have made a mistake, whether this is within the vote count or an action resolution, PM me immediately. Do not point out the mistake in the thread. If the fix to this mistake requires a post in the thread then I will do it.

10. Pretending to break rules or theoretically breaking rules will count as actually breaking the rules. An example of theoretically breaking a rule is posting a role card that you claim the moderator sent you even if it is not actually your role.
  11. All rule breaks that I have to mention in the thread will also mention potentially breaking rule 10.
Voting, lynching, night actions & deaths

Allowed Voting Methods
Voting Options
Voting Resoloution
PM Only
Voting Phase Only (explained in post 2)
Players
Compulsive Pluarity
Short Straws (explained in post 2)
  1. Unvoting before voting a player is not necessary.
    Not relevant.
  2. Abreviations in votes are allowed.
    Eg. VOTE: mutant would mean you are now voting mutantdevle.

3. If it is not undoubtedly clear who you are voting for then I will quote your vote saying it has not been counted.

4. Once a player has reached the requirements to be lynched, votes and unvotes will no longer be counted and the game will enter twilight.
    Not relevant.
  5. During twilight, everyone can continue to post in the thread until it is closed. This includes the player who has just been lynched.
    Not relevant.

6. Failure to submit a night action before the night countdown runs out will result in your night action not being used.
  7. Scum players may submit factional abilities on their teammates' behalf, however, any additional abilities they may have can only be submitted by the player they belong to.
  8. You may change the target of your night action as much as you like. When the night countdown runs out, whoever you last submitted your night action on will be your target.

9. Once your death has been announced in the thread you will no longer be allowed to post. This includes posting in any PTs with the exception of the dead chat.
  10. You will receive a PM when you have died which will include a link to the dead chat.
  11. Spectators will also have access to the dead chat.
  12. When a player dies they will be flipped.
Flips Include:
Alignment
Full Role (excluding hidden mechanics)
Bah Posts
Not Permitted.

Failure to follow these rules will result in punishments. The punishments can include warnings, force replacements, mod kills, bans from any future games I host and, in extremely rare cases, the game may have to be reset or a player may receive a ban from the entire site. I reserve the right to change these rules at any time and any changes made will be announced in the thread. I will always try to implement the punishment that has the least impact on the game.
Last edited by mutantdevle on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:16 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Setup:
  • 10 Unfortunates

• 3 Saboteurs

Mechanics:
  • Day start.
  • The scum PT is always open.
  • The night phase will last 48 hours where the scum team may perform a standard factional kill.

• At the start of each day phase (floor) a challenge will be announced. These challenges were created before the game and had their order randomised.
  • Challenges may have to be completed in a certain time or will have a specific lose condition.
  • Players may VOTE: forfeit a challenge which may be useful for challenges with no time limit that drag on.
  • If the challenge is completed, a random
    unfortunate
    will secretly become a '
    fortunate
    ' at the start of the following night phase. The player chosen is randomly decided through a dice and is informed of their new role.
  • The scum PT will be given extra information about the challenge such as the soloution to the challenge or advice on how to prevent the challenge from being completed. It will be publically announced what type of information they are given.

• Once a challenge is failed or completed, the thread will be locked and the voting phase will commence.
  • During this phase, each player is sent a form to fill in through PM. This will ask who you are voting for, why you are voting for them and how you would feel about being trapped (a last will).
  • All 3 of these questions are compulsive and can result in prods and replacements. Players may change their answers during the entire voting phase which includes prods and replacements.
  • Once the phase is over, everyone's answers to the first 2 questions will be posted publically which is then concluded with a final vote count. Whoever has the most votes on them will then be lynched.
  • If 2 or more players have the most votes on them, the tie will be resolved through picking short straws. Each 'straw' is secretly given a value in the mod PT. PMs will then be sent to each tying player asking them to pick a straw. Whoever picks the straw with the lowest value is lynched.
  • Each player would be asked to put the straws in order of most preferable to least preferable so that if they both pick the same straw then it will go to their 2nd choice instead. These picks cannot be changed once sent in.
  • Failure to pick straws may also result in prods and replacements.
  • The player who has been lynched will have their answer to the third question publically revealed. Players who are night killed will also have their third question answer publically revealed.
  • The initial voting phase will last 48 hours. However, the resolution of ties will almost certainly take up additional time (hopefully no more than another 48 hours).

Role PMs:

Spoiler: Saboteur
Saboteur
[Player Name], do not react; you are a saboteur.

It is your job to work with your teammates [Player Name] and [Player Name] to ensure you fail each challenge.

I will guide you through your whisper clip located here: [PT Link]. You must use your powers of persuasion and manipulation to fail each challenge.

But be careful! You don't want to be detected.

You will earn your freedom if you trap enough unfortunates to overpower them and take the key of freedom for yourselves.

Spoiler: Unfortunate
Unfortunate
[Player Name], you are an unfortunate!

It is your job to climb the tower to win the key of freedom. However, 3 people are not to be trusted and are planning to steal the key of freedom for themselves.

On each floor you will face a challenge. Successfully complete each challenge and you will have the chance to become a 'fortunate' which reduces your chances of becoming trapped.

You will earn your freedom if you can successfully trap all 3 of the saboteurs so that you can use the key of freedom to release all the unfortunates.

Spoiler: Fortunate
Fortunate
Congratulations [Player Name], you have successfully completed a challenge and have become a fortunate.

You are now more trusted. If someone you're voting for has to draw short straws, they will be lynched automatically instead.

Alternatively, if you have the most votes that are tied with someone else, instead of drawing short straws, the other person will be lynched instead; assuming they are not another fortunate that is. This will happen even if you have another fortunate voting for you.

To clarify, Saboteurs have the standard scum win condition and unfortunates/fortunates have the standard town win condition.
Last edited by mutantdevle on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:30 am

Post by mutantdevle »

*double whistle*

"Eh! ooh! what!

Ahh! Its another one of them bobbing crafts, ready with 13 more unfortunates!"

"I tells you what, they are in for a treat. We haves ourselves some dastardly challenges in store for them!

ahahahah! ahahaha!

Like all those before them, they will be imprisoned at the bottom of the tower! At the tops of the tower, lies the key of freedom which they could use to earn their escapes!

They must work as a team to complete challenges and escape each floor. But it's not that simple! The voice demands that some of them must remain trapped!

The voice will choose 3 unfortunates to act as her minions, the saboteurs! This means that not everyone can be trusted.

Only some may leave with the key of freedom. And the rest? That's right, TRAPPED!

ahahahah! ahahaha!"

"On each floor you will be faced with a new challenge. If you complete each challenge you will be rewarded with additional power to uncover who the saboteurs are.

If you make it to floor 6 unobstructed by the saboteurs, you may take the key of freedom and leave!

Not all of you will get that far.

Some of you will be staying here a
very
long time!"

"Ooooh.

She's so mean isn't she!"

"LINE UP!"

"It's time to choose

the saboteurs!"
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Role PMs have been sent but I was in a rush when I sent them so forgot information like a link to this thread but if you’re reading this then you’ve probably found it.

I’ll update this post with better information later.

Apologies for the time it’s taken to set this all up and how slightly messy it is. Starting next week I will be on top of my moderating game.

Again, I apologise for this messy start.

The game will begin when 11/13 players have confirmed their role or in (expired on 2018-07-20 17:00:00):

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :(
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:07 am

Post by mutantdevle »

"FLOOR 1!"

"Consecutive Counting"

"Oooh it's an easy one this! They only have to count to one thousands and sixty twenty!

There's magic in numbers and powers in three,

But only one number in mind can lead to the key.

325 is the number to lighten your heart,

But if you count wrong then you will have to restart!

In this challenge, unfortunates must begin each of their posts by counting the next number in the consecutive sequence of 1.

This number must be
at the very start
of each post and written in number form.

If an unfortunate fails to start their post with the next number, or uses the wrong number, then the mod will restart the count from 0 when they're next online!

And beware, making 7 posts in a row or 13 posts in a single page will also cause the count to reset!"

"Unfortunates! To pass, you must have successfully counted to 325 by the end of 1 week.

Let the challenge begin...

NOW!"
Last edited by mutantdevle on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:07 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Some clarification:

"Unfortunates" will always refer to players in general with flavoured text.
Everyone must start their post with the next number in basic counting from 0 to 325 like I have done with this post. Eg. the next person to post will start their post with "1".
Players may not post 7 times in a row. Your 7th post will cause the count to be reset. Additionally, if you make a 13th post on a single page then the count will also be reset. This is to prevent players from spamming the thread to reach the count.

Now is the time to ask questions about the challenge if you do not understand it.

You will fail in (expired on 2018-07-26 19:00:00)

The saboteurs will be given tips on how they can try and reset the count.
I mostly just lurk now.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:13 am

Post by teacher »

Ego - found the thread. Did that solve the first puzzle? Also VOTE: Elephant.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:17 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 7, teacher wrote:Ego - found the thread. Did that solve the first puzzle? Also VOTE: Elephant.
This post has caused the count to be reset. The count starts again at 0 with this post.

Also, for those of you who aren't aware, BTD6_Maker is co-modding and may also resolve challenges. For this challenge, his function will likely simply be resetting the count.
I mostly just lurk now.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:21 am

Post by teacher »

Got it. Actually read the challenge now.

Test post to find out if "the next number in the consecutive sequence" means just +1, or we can use a pattern.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:26 am

Post by teacher »

And just read the clarification. Nope, looks like basic counting. Alright.
Question for more clarification, can we restart on our own or do we have to wait for a mod/co-mod?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:32 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 9, teacher wrote:65

Got it. Actually read the challenge now.

Test post to find out if "the next number in the consecutive sequence" means just +1, or we can use a pattern.
This post has caused the count to be reset. The count starts again at 0 with this post.

In post 10, teacher wrote:Question for more clarification, can we restart on our own or do we have to wait for a mod/co-mod?
I will allow players to start the count from 0 again themselves but obviously incorrectly restarting from 0 will cause the count to be restarted anyway. If a player does restart the count I will still make a post stating which post caused the reset and which post restarted it (with my own post then including a number so that the mod always takes up the equivalent of the 0).
I mostly just lurk now.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:33 am

Post by teacher »

Thanks.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:34 am

Post by teacher »

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:34 am

Post by teacher »

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:34 am

Post by teacher »

teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:35 am

Post by teacher »

Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Enigma »

Mutant could you please define (maybe even with an example)?
Basic counting
Consecutive sequence

I.e. to help understand if we have to count from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. or can we do some pattern.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Enigma »

is this game going to turn into 100 pages ....???
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:39 am

Post by WhyMafia »

I think there's a pattern.
In post 5, mutantdevle wrote:There's magic in numbers and powers in three,

But only one number in mind can lead to the key.

325 is the number to lighten your heart,
We probably will need to experiment a bit
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:40 am

Post by Enigma »

Couldn't we just then solve this with two people sitting here for like 1 hr counting... and completely bypass the rest of the players?
Meeting the criteria of not seven posts in a row and not 13 posts on one page?

Plus we can't vote like normal games so scum hunting will be different?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:41 am

Post by mutantdevle »

void

To clarify it literally is just counting, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... etc. Like y'all have been doing the last few posts. I have specified "consecutive sequence of 1". Each number in the post must be +1 from the previous to count. No more, no less.

And fyi void means ignore this post when taking into consideration the counting. Eg. previous post is 9 and the next will be 10.
I mostly just lurk now.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Enigma »

Ding. The choice of 13 is not random.
We need three people to do it, since 25 posts per page.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

this actually seems pretty easy

hi teach, not following you around I promise :D
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I like Enigma, teacher felt a wee bit LAMIST for a first impression

please nobody fuck this up I don't want to get embroiled in "was that an intentional mistake" for the rest of this day phase
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”