Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:24 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Also, I am in favor of ending the day. I sorta don't care who does it. Irrelephant, Pine, NSG all seem like good enough candidates to me.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Pine »

Pretty sure NSG is the only one left to check in, and unless I’m forgetting someone Chickadee is the only one who wants the day to keep going. I’ll make the choice in a few hours.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:14 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1221, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1194, GuiltyLion wrote: I will say I am definitely not voting Prof Fridays, I think the "fluid" nature of his reads (as he self-described it) vibes vaguely town - not a hard townread but enough to make him less of a lynch priority for me than the other candidates I've been pushing.
explain how Friday's ~fluid~ reads are different from the things you're scumreading me for?
I mean I've barely really even elaborated why I'm scumreading you, it's a bit presumptuous to assume that it's for "fluid" reads, no?

It's moreso for the fact that you don't seem genuinely engaged with a lot of relevant/interesting threads of conversation, most of your posts (especially D2) seem designed to go through the motion of pushing scumreads rather than game-solving, and that fundamentally I just don't feel particularly good about a townread on your slot compared to most of the other players in this game. This "why me" post is another reason, I have a hard time thinking that town!ofrhz would think that this particular question is the most important thing to post at this point in the game.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1220, Chickadee wrote:Alright. So I'm going to try and walk through this timing thing as clearly as I can because there seems to be a lot of confusion around me concerning it.
but the point people are making is that a townie in your spot should have panicked when you saw Pine's second guess, instead of deciding to proceed with a catch-up (rather than immediately posting and dumping thoughts) and risk thread lock before you say anything.

You're not actually defending against this point
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1224, Prof Fridays wrote:I disagree, and I think it goes further than simply his reads, just to clarify - it's his responses, too. I mean, if you ask Pine, I bet he'd say your thought processes wouldn't be hard to fake from a scum perspective. Obviously I'm biased, since I more-or-less said so in saying that Enigma's thought processes jive with mine (in that his responses to things strike me as similar to how I'd respond as town or, at least, I can understand them coming from town!Enigma), but I don't think that's an unacceptable reason for town-reading him.
what does Pine's read on me have to do with this?

and even if Pine were to say that I feel like I'd disagree pretty strongly hahaha, my posts/thoughts should be seen as much harder to fake than Enigma's

"unacceptable" is not the word I'd use, but maybe rather "lazy" or "questionable". Like I think Enigma is not doing much to sort or interact with most players, his primary interest seems to be in defending himself and pushing against townreads that are forming on other players, and he mostly comes in to respond to pushes against him but doesn't do anything proactive to push the thread towards a different lynch instead. That's not impossible to be bad town-play, but by no means is it something that should clear him from being a scum candidate.

like can you quote a post or two that strikes you as particularly townie because it jives with your own thoughts?
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:27 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

I can. I won't, though :P
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:28 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

It's like most of his ISO, bruh.

THE LAB 4 is live!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

quote one then, humor me
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

I shall not humor you.

THE LAB 4 is live!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

his whole ISO is apparently so townie and jives with your own thought processes as town, and you can't even bother to pick one or two posts in particular that gave you this feeling?
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:33 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

I could bother. I choose not to. It's a deliberate choice, not one of laziness.

THE LAB 4 is live!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

what is gained from you not doing it

like if your goal is to convince me not to vote Enigma, make your damn case

otherwise we could lynch one of your townreads and you should feel bad about that
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1234, GuiltyLion wrote:his whole ISO is apparently so townie and jives with your own thought processes as town, and you can't even bother to pick one or two posts in particular that gave you this feeling?
This, incidentally, is classic misrepresentation. Prof Friday is refusing to do the unnecessary thing extra work you’re demanding, and you’re putting words in his mouth.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:36 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I am literally pulling these things STAIGHT FROM HIS POSTS
In post 1224, Prof Fridays wrote:Obviously I'm biased, since I more-or-less said so in saying that Enigma's thought processes jive with mine (in that his responses to things strike me as similar to how I'd respond as town or, at least, I can understand them coming from town!Enigma), but I don't think that's an unacceptable reason for town-reading him.
In post 1231, Prof Fridays wrote:It's like most of his ISO, bruh.
IT IS NOT A MISREP TO ASSUME SOMEONE IS SAYING SOMETHING THAT THEY MEAN
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:36 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I am literally pulling these things STAIGHT FROM HIS POSTS
In post 1224, Prof Fridays wrote:Obviously I'm biased, since I more-or-less said so in saying that Enigma's thought processes jive with mine (in that his responses to things strike me as similar to how I'd respond as town or, at least, I can understand them coming from town!Enigma), but I don't think that's an unacceptable reason for town-reading him.
In post 1231, Prof Fridays wrote:It's like most of his ISO, bruh.
IT IS NOT A MISREP TO ASSUME SOMEONE IS SAYING SOMETHING THAT THEY MEAN
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Pine, I think GL is upset.

THE LAB 4 is live!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1237, Pine wrote:Prof Friday is refusing to do the unnecessary thing extra work you’re demanding
oh look!

Pine misrepped me by saying I'm "demanding" someone do "extra" "unnecessary" work!

because quoting a post you find particularly townie is so much "extra work"!

[I still think Pine is town I'm just being snarky and throwing his garbage argument in his face because it's so frustratingly stupid]
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1228, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1220, Chickadee wrote:Alright. So I'm going to try and walk through this timing thing as clearly as I can because there seems to be a lot of confusion around me concerning it.
but the point people are making is that a townie in your spot should have panicked when you saw Pine's second guess, instead of deciding to proceed with a catch-up (rather than immediately posting and dumping thoughts) and risk thread lock before you say anything.

You're not actually defending against this point
Correct.

It could have just as easily locked while typing a post. Any thoughts I needed to say I could have said in my final thoughts thingy that we do in the night phase. We approach things differently.

@Pine, I'm ok with ending the day now. I just wanted to try and set the timing right with what went down. I don't think further commenting on it is going to sway someone one way or the other from where they currently are on me.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:47 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1237, Pine wrote:Prof Friday is refusing to do the unnecessary thing extra work you’re demanding, and you’re putting words in his mouth.
ehhhhh I'm not sure it's really worth bringing this up

but I find it a little suspicious that you clearly originally wrote "thing", then decided to change it to "extra work"

most likely NAI overall but like, you really wanted to go an extra mile to try to make me look bad
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Pine »

Mmkay.

I’m not waiting for NSG. She’s been mostly absent and has had time to respond.

Going with 2. It hasn’t shown up yet, and while that is a shit reason for guessing it, there aren’t any good reasons.

Choose: 2

I’m voting Enigma, fyi

PE: My new phone makes unnecessary word-completion guesses all the time. I usually catch them (two in this post alone), but I must have missed that one. Your penchant for latching onto tiny things and making them into conspiracies is weird.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

WHOA PINE you can't just defend me then vote for Enigma like that! Don't do me like that!

THE LAB 4 is live!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Pine »

Calling GL (who I still scumread) out for his bullshit and agreeing with you on Enigma are entirely mutually exclusive.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:19 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

But Pine... :(

THE LAB 4 is live!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:26 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1245, Prof Fridays wrote:WHOA PINE you can't just defend me then vote for Enigma like that! Don't do me like that!
perhaps if ya

you know

expanded on your Enigma townread beyond lazy surface-level reasoning

and actually tried to convince people not to vote him, especially when they openly engage with you and invite you to

people would be less inclined to vote him

just a thought
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:29 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

I mean, if you don't understand my reasoning, he is an
Enigma
, after all.

THE LAB 4 is live!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”