Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I say Pine just do it again since like I said I see no reason for him to pick the right one as scum there
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Mmm I think his scum motivation is what you just said
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Like idk yet if I think it makes him town or scum but I think scum would be willing to take the odds from 1/9 to 1/3 for this challenge if it also happens to get that scum player townread for the rest of the game
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Pine »

I kind of don’t want to be nominated for it. Yoloing was one thing, but suddenly getting nominated feels like a trap, like I’ll be 2/3 odds screwed, and even picking right could be painted as improbable to frame me. Kind of a damned-if-I-do/damned-if-I-don’t thing.

However, the logic of not trusting anyone other than myself still holds. I’m ready for day end, and will choose a number after everyone checks in following this post. If a 1/3ish quorum insists on prolonging the day farther I’ll holster.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Shoot, I say! Also, Re: Irrelephant: I think Enigma's town based mostly off of his thought processes jive with mine (I thought I had said this before), i.e. I can understand his comments coming from town.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:47 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm fine with any of Pine/Irrelephant/NSG taking the guess, I also don't mind doing it. With respect to Pine's second guess being right, or how to evaluate the third guess, I may have said this before but I think getting it right should generally be seen as evidence for being town - yes there's a possibility scum could do pro-town things for WIFOM and towncred, but I don't see a compelling reason to weigh it heavily in that direction and I don't think you should wholly discount the fact that they're a doing a fundamentally pro-town thing. if nothing else then it's NAI rather than scummy.

and I feel like you could make a similar argument for passing any of these challenges - yeah scum might do it to try to blend in, but ultimately town wants to pass the challenge and we shouldn't consider it scummy to do something that helps pass a challenge.
In post 1204, Prof Fridays wrote:Also, Re: Irrelephant: I think Enigma's town based mostly off of his thought processes jive with mine (I thought I had said this before), i.e. I can understand his comments coming from town.
I don't think any of Enigma's thought processes have been particularly deep or hard to fake from a scum perspective. I'd suggest you revisit them and challenge yourself if it's actually difficult or unlikely to come from scum.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 1194, GuiltyLion wrote:if you're legitimately town and you legitimately think your lynch will not provide useful info, provide some useful info yourself. sitting around taking small potshots at townreads without actually putting down any firm reads is the primary reason people want to lynch you as well as the primary reason it'd be a waste of effort if you are actually town.

that said, this mostly feels like AtE bs to try to sow doubt in scumreads on your slot. you could at least respond to my most recent posts (1151, 1178) where I am inviting / practically-begging you to give game-relevant content.
I already mentioned why I'm taking "potshots" at town reads. Just because some people feel some slots are town doesn't mean I have to conform to their thinking.

And hello, I did respond to your 1178 and I'm not sure what you want me to say to 1151? The majority of your case rests on me not having posted town/scum reads, and at this stage I can't really be fucked thinking and writing them if I'm on my way out, so meh. If I'm around D3 we can see then.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 411, Enigma wrote:if I was scum I would want to coast through this game (as I'm currently doing now :lol: )
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1202, Irrelephant11 wrote:Like idk yet if I think it makes him town or scum but I think scum would be willing to take the odds from 1/9 to 1/3 for this challenge if it also happens to get that scum player townread for the rest of the game
That makes sense but to me that just seems dumb, but I see what you mean. Scum would be dumb to do that especially after we won round 1
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Chickadee »

I'm at work, can we hold off a few hours until we choose? I'd like to make a few more posts. I've only skimmed a bit since my last post.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 1207, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 411, Enigma wrote:if I was scum I would want to coast through this game (as I'm currently doing now :lol: )
Coast through the first challenge, nice quote out of context.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

does that context actually change anything about the point?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

like are you saying if you were scum you wouldn't coast through other challenges?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 1212, GuiltyLion wrote:like are you saying if you were scum you wouldn't coast through other challenges?
If I was scum I would have probably done the count right now (and gotten it wrong) given there is a high likelihood I'm about to be (mis)lynched tonight.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

we'll see
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 1211, GuiltyLion wrote:does that context actually change anything about the point?
Yeh it does actually. I've explained that I have been and still am rather busy for D2, and also that I haven't been super engaged in this game D2 due to the challenge. Not coasting.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 1214, GuiltyLion wrote:we'll see
I can see why Pine thought you are scum in the 1v1, not least for the incredibly frustrating stubbornness when engaging 1v1 vs you.
I'll be sure to leave a nice meme in my will for you to remind how wrong you are.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1216, Enigma wrote:I can see why Pine thought you are scum in the 1v1, not least for the incredibly frustrating stubbornness when engaging 1v1 vs you.
I mean what are you actually trying to engage with me and change my opinion about? You say you're town and you're just too busy/detached to put some effort in and point town in a useful direction in case you are mislynched. You're not offering anything else to look at besides that. Cool, noted, that's nothing that scum couldn't or wouldn't say either. I'll listen to you if you want to sell me on other scum suspects - we both think Chickadee is a scum candidate, you can start there if you want.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1216, Enigma wrote:
I can see why Pine thought you are scum in the 1v1, not least for the incredibly frustrating stubbornness when engaging 1v1 vs you.
I'll be sure to leave a nice meme in my will for you to remind how wrong you are.
Wrong tense. I *still* think GL is scum.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 1213, Enigma wrote:If I was scum I would have probably done the count right now (and gotten it wrong) given there is a high likelihood I'm about to be (mis)lynched tonight.
I think this is in fact a fair point, though laced in WIFOM. This was what I was thinking of at the start of today. After we reached a decision who to lynch, they would have no reason not to fail the challenge if they were scum. This in fact occurred to me on day one, but only after the thread was locked.

I tried to look up meta on Enigma, but found only one recent town game. Have you really been away for several years, or have you played with a different account?

Also, I feel like the discussions we had before Pine picked the numbers ended up being interrupted. For one, was there something you wanted to say about Myloninja, Irrelephant?
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Alright. So I'm going to try and walk through this timing thing as clearly as I can because there seems to be a lot of confusion around me concerning it.

Pine picked the first number. I saw and responded. I think we're all on the same page up to this point.

The following morning Pine picked a second number. This was at 8:03am my time. I came back around 11:15 my time and see there are more posts and decide to catch up. I see Pine picked a second number, and that there is a page after the one that number is on. So I catch up. I had not started any catch up post or anything. I just set out to catch up. I finally catch up and the last post I read upon catch up was the one where the number was revealed. That is the point at which I started my first post after catching up.

If day were ending right now, I'd vote enigma or ofhz, since it seems to be one of them or me. I'm obviously not voting me. Between the two, I'd go with ofhz, because I feel like enigma is putting in more effort, trying to be present.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1194, GuiltyLion wrote: I will say I am definitely not voting Prof Fridays, I think the "fluid" nature of his reads (as he self-described it) vibes vaguely town - not a hard townread but enough to make him less of a lynch priority for me than the other candidates I've been pushing.
explain how Friday's ~fluid~ reads are different from the things you're scumreading me for?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

:Nominate: NSG :/Nominate: for picking the last number :D
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:28 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1219, Feysal wrote:Also, I feel like the discussions we had before Pine picked the numbers ended up being interrupted. For one, was there something you wanted to say about Myloninja, Irrelephant?
Was there?
In post 1063, Irrelephant11 wrote:So I went and re-read some mylo games and I don't see enough of a difference between town!mylo and scum!mylo to be so certain, and I'd actually lean sucm!mylo after reading his games. Most games that he is town he is low-content but provides some better/deeper thoughts in those rare posts than he has here. I get avoiding lynching mylo for being low content (which seems NAI for him), but I really don't see how you can locktown him here?
Please talk more about this.
Oh this. I was hoping to get more from nsg about this, though someone else responded... idk I can also get this tomorrow.

I'm voting in {chickadee, enigma, ofrhz}
I can pick a number today if need be. Don't want to shut down discussion but I'm ready to end the day
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 1205, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1204, Prof Fridays wrote:Also, Re: Irrelephant: I think Enigma's town based mostly off of his thought processes jive with mine (I thought I had said this before), i.e. I can understand his comments coming from town.
I don't think any of Enigma's thought processes have been particularly deep or hard to fake from a scum perspective. I'd suggest you revisit them and challenge yourself if it's actually difficult or unlikely to come from scum.
I disagree, and I think it goes further than simply his reads, just to clarify - it's his responses, too. I mean, if you ask Pine, I bet he'd say your thought processes wouldn't be hard to fake from a scum perspective. Obviously I'm biased, since I more-or-less said so in saying that Enigma's thought processes jive with mine (in that his responses to things strike me as similar to how I'd respond as town or, at least, I can understand them coming from town!Enigma), but I don't think that's an unacceptable reason for town-reading him.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”