mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:18 am

Post by mutantdevle »

"You must now vote for who you think is a sabotuer, and why?

"Myloninja13, who do you think is a saboteur?"

"I'm going to vote CreativeMod1 as I think they are the most likely mafia here."

"Kokichi Oma?"

"
I am
Voting CM1
because
I dont like his previous slot and his posting coming in was bad"

"CreativeMod1?"

"I'm gonna go with my gut and vote Kokichi, having a blast read through they sound the scummiest and least likely town"

"ofrhz?"

"I’m voting for CreativeMod"

"GuiltyLion?"

"I am voting for CreativeMod1 mostly due to Prof Friday's posts. The townreads on Pine/Enigma seemed fake, the VCs do not look good for him, and I'm still townreading a lot of other players.

I wanted to put a lot of thoughts down about who I think is scum if it's not this slot, but unfortunately I procrastinated and got prodded on this and don't have the time to build the case now. I would probably look at Enigma again if CM is town - namely due to interactions with Chickadee (see Irrelephant's ), and if not Enigma then Kokichi. Hopefully one of them is a fortunate though which would help further narrow the pool. I am thinking ofrhz/Feysal/Mylo all town."

"Enigma?"

"
I am voting for
Kokichi
because
I expect PF to have a good chance of being scum though there are enough people voting him already. In any case, my backup scum read is Kokichi. I felt it was a bit weird he excused himself from the challenge, especially when it was pretty straight forward. And tbh, I kinda felt creativemod has been a bit less scummy than PF."

"Feysal?"

"
I am voting
CreativeMod1

I am not nearly as confident about this than I was about Prof Fridays, but this needs to be resolved. I even admit I never had much on Prof Fridays beyond process of elimination, and knowing he could successfully pretend to be town. His disappearance after his case against GuiltyLion blew up in his face looks most damning, but the idea of both scum voting the same strong town player without support also seems like an unlikely scum tactic to say the least.

Looking at the other players, I think GuiltyLion is above suspicion. If that interaction with Pine was scum theater, you guys should be performing on Broadway. I'm also confident in Myloninja being town. Northsidegal said he was, and I checked his meta myself.

Enigma and Ofrhz owe their town reads to the second day voting results. Not only did they vote Chickadee, they were each voted by one flipped scum. Since we did not seek a consensus that day, as suggested by Enigma, the lynch was likely to be decided by few votes, so scum voting each other would be asking for one of them to be lynched. If one of them had to be scum though, I think Enigma is more likely. We agreed the next day that the Chickadee lynch was unexpected, but we never asked what the scum team did expect? Enigma himself expected to die. Could he have been so certain of it that he asked to be bussed for town credit?

Kokichi Oma became town in my eyes for questioning a town read on himself, when I would have expected scum to simply accept it. Beyond that I don't have much reason to think he is town, but that is a topic for tomorrow if the game does not end here.

Creative really does not seem suspicious himself. He is acting like town who is resigned to his fate due to who he replaced, though I don't suppose resigned scum would act much different."
Last edited by mutantdevle on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:18 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Vote Count
(5) CreativeMod1 -
Myloninja13, Kokichi Oma, ofrhz, GuiltyLion, Feysal.
(2) Kokichi Oma -
CreativeMod1, Enigma.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:18 am

Post by mutantdevle »

"You have voted for CreativeMod1.

I can now reveal CreativeMod1 was in fact a...

Spoiler: Role
Unfortunate
CreativeMod1, you are an unfortunate!

It is your job to climb the tower to win the key of freedom. However, 3 people are not to be trusted and are planning to steal the key of freedom for themselves.

On each floor you will face a challenge. Successfully complete each challenge and you will have the chance to become a 'fortunate' which reduces your chances of becoming trapped.

You will earn your freedom if you can successfully trap all 3 of the saboteurs so that you can use the key of freedom to release all the unfortunates.

"CreativeMod1, how do you feel about being trapped?"

"I'm not surprised that I'm voted off here, sounded like I was the lynch anyway and tbh looking through, I would've lynched Prof too, I advise that town look through the game using the knowledge of who were scum and see the interactions from there, my 2 main town-reads are Enigma and GL, I'd also suggest that providing neither of them die during the night, we'll now have 2 fortunates left in game and so they should come out and mafia will either also claim fortunate or not, either way it'll give us 2 clears and 3 to pick from for the last 2 days and they'll probably have to try and sabotage tomorrows mission to save from there being another fortunate"

"Poor unfortunate CreativeMod1.

YOU'RE TRAPPED!"

"Poor CreativeMod1,

He wishes he could play more.

It's too bad for him then,

That he's trapped on floor 4!

I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:19 am

Post by mutantdevle »

The night phase has begun and will end in (expired on 2018-09-25 16:30:00).
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:09 am

Post by mutantdevle »

"It's a mystery how on the way to each floor,

The saboteurs inflict a conundrum to trap someone behind a door.

But now Enigma is trapped on the way to floor 5,

A quandary it is if he'll make it out alive. "

"Enigma, you have been trapped by the saboteurs and therefore will also not be leaving this room.

The rest of you are free to pass to the next floor.

Enigma, how do you feel about being trapped?"

"Image"
Spoiler: Role
Unfortunate
Enigma, you are an unfortunate!

It is your job to climb the tower to win the key of freedom. However, 3 people are not to be trusted and are planning to steal the key of freedom for themselves.

On each floor you will face a challenge. Successfully complete each challenge and you will have the chance to become a 'fortunate' which reduces your chances of becoming trapped.

You will earn your freedom if you can successfully trap all 3 of the saboteurs so that you can use the key of freedom to release all the unfortunates.

"Poor unfortunate Engima.

YOU'RE TRAPPED!"

"Poor little Enigma,

He wish he could explore

The rest of the tower.

Too bad he's trapped on floor 4!"
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:09 am

Post by mutantdevle »

"FLOOR 5!"

"Enemy Encryption"

"Riddle me this.

There is this ancient message that is hidden in plain sight,

A text than vanishes upon a sunset, invisible to the night.

Solve it as fast as you can to reap its rewards,

Revealing the whole message is what you must work towards.

In this challenge, unfortunates must work together to solve an encrypted message.

To figure out the plaintext they will have to figure out the golden rule.

To pass, unfortunates must successfully decode every character in the message.

But they must be quick, as there is very little time to do it in."

"Unfortunates! To pass, you must have successfully decoded the entire message by the end of 1 week.

Let the challenge begin...

NOW!"
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:09 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Small apology for posting this late, just needed some time to finalise the encryption.

Secret message:
ltetemylleufauootsynnhtahtyrtdeneppa.yadotemobarymkootitot,xam,tibdiasdnatevehcsitibbarym",si...deye-ssoroygnihtynaereht"?rehrofodnacu

"ew,llyas"vehtsel",etevahs'thtakoolaeh,os".reuxamdekcipenimaxednapeht,seyerehdepmetrehkootn.erutar

eevutnyllaaseh,'i":ditgniogmpotevahonwodrehtu".

ntaaru,yllhsawiifirrouoy".degnioger'drehtupotcebtsujnworcs'ehsesua"?deye-sso

"oneb,suac'ehsellaers.yvaehy"

Just figure out what this says and you win the challenge.

You will fail in (expired on 2018-10-03 17:00:00)

If you have any questions then now is the time to ask.

The saboteurs are given the soloution and the key to solve the challenge.
I mostly just lurk now.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:16 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

As long as we figure out the pattern I'm good with encryption
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

alright so initial thoughts

claiming fortunate/unfortunate
- I'm pretty sure it's the right play today for the two fortunates to claim w/ what day they become fortunate. If scum CCs either of them it's autowin for town, so that won't happen, which means we'll have a 1 in 3 shot of lynching correctly tonight and if we get that wrong we still have a conftown in LYLO. Does anyone disagree with this?

encryption challenge
- I haven't spent much time looking at it but my first things I've noticed:
1) there are no spaces in the message. This means either one of the characters maps to a "space" value or the decrypted message has no spaces in it. No spaces would be rather cruel in terms of difficulty to decrypt so I'm leaning towards the former.
2) punctuation - there's a bunch of quotation marks, commas, question marks, periods scattered throughout. The quotation marks definitely don't look like regular English usage, so that probably maps to a character. The "..." is noticeable - you almost never see three characters repeated in regular English so I think that may be in the original message, and that may imply that "."s are still used as normal.
3) double letters - I notice a bunch of duplicate letters in the encrypted message. "ll", "oo", "pp", "bb", "ss", "aa", "rr" are all present at least once. If it's just a one-to-one mapping, would an English message have that many occurrences of repeated unique letters? Not entirely sure, either way those are probably fairly critical towards figuring out what's going on.

I'll start doing find and replace on different characters with spaces to see if anything looks like a more normal message
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also Enigma is a weird kill, I would have assumed he'd be a viable mislynch for scum. Probably they thought he slipped/crumbed fortunate somewhere, but I'm kinda relieved his slot was flipped for us already
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

ehh I'm getting less confident about my "one character maps to a space" idea. some of the longer strings of characters unbroken by any punctuation -

ltetemylleufauootsynnhtahtyrtdeneppa

reuxamdekcipenimaxednapeht

ditgniogmpotevahonwodrehtu

I'm not seeing a letter that makes sense as a key for a space shared amongst all three of those. They're all way too long to be a common English word, but I don't see a common character shared amongst all three that breaks them up cleanly/logically. Is it possible the encryption pattern changes with each line, or is that already going too deep into the rabbit hole?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

"deye-sso" is repeated twice... that's also a good place to start
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:36 am

Post by ofrhz »

I also think fortunates should claim
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:44 am

Post by ofrhz »

I think the punctuation may be scrambled as well though the message is cut off at the end of each line since I’m on phone. But I can’t think of a single ,’ combination in standard English like there is in the third line
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:39 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Hiya guys!

We can wait for Koki/Feysal to agree on fortunates claiming but I have no problem either :D
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1738, ofrhz wrote:I think the punctuation may be
scrambled
as well
this may be a scumslip? I had been thinking encryption/decryption meant some kind of translating between letters that were in the correct
sequence
. But ofrhz is right, it actually looks a lot more like a "scramble" - the letter frequencies seem like the right ratio (don't see many Qs/Xs/Zs), and it would make sense/be fairly solvable if it's just a bunch of correct letters arranged in a different order in some pattern.

more thoughts in a sec
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

took the first line of the message and started pulling out letters to make words that seem related to the game, here's some progress:

ltetemylleooynnhtahty.yadotemarymkootitot,,ibdiasdvehcsitibbarym",si...deye-ssyynareh"?ehrofodnac

unfortunate, saboteur, exam, tonight, trapped

this seems to be on the right track... there's probably some system/ordering for swapping letters around and we just have to descramble. will keep thinking on this.

if anyone solves it don't post the solution yet as we need to ensure time to claim and argue a lynch for tonight
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1731, mutantdevle wrote:ltetemylleufauootsynnhtahty
rtde
ne
ppa
.yadotemobarymkootitot,xam,tibdiasdnatevehcsitibbarym",si...deye-ssoroygnihtynaereht"?rehrofodnacu
specifically with this

all the letters you need for "trapped" are right here, sort of in order but backwards. "rt" "de" "ppa". Could even throw in the "en" and make "entrapped". So I think it's collections of letters grouped by 2s and 3s, reversed

first word would be "tl" "te" "me" - mettle? "oot" = too? I think there's something here but haven't quite broken it. might be good to go through and reverse the whole string and see if that adds clarity, will do that in a sec
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh lol yeah reversing is definitely key, first line looks like this -

ucandoforher?"thereanythingyoross-eyed...is,"myrabbitischevetandsaidbit,max,totitookmyrabometoday.appenedtrythathnnystoouafuellymetetl
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah I'm fairly confident I'm close to solving this now

although I'm also not sure it even matters, bc scum will counterclaim the new fortunate in LYLO if they'd otherwise be caught by POE. but it's a fun puzzle
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Wait...

Mutant, do you have to vote at the end of the day? Can you choose to not vote?

This may be nothing but hopefully this could be a cool idea?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

There's rabbits mentioned, and I see a 'rab' and a 'bit' separate from each other too
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

It looks like 'took my' is there?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Wait!

"Is there anything you can do for her?" Looks like a phrase?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I'll read into it tomorrow but fortunes should claim
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”