Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Creature »

lol

If Irre is town we have a pure wagon on Varsoon.
Sigh
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:36 am

Post by northsidegal »

VOTE: porkens

i'm fine with this wagon. i know that porkens is normally kind of a zany guy but here it feels more like he's using that as an excuse for not actually doing anything rather than just having it be a part of the way that he scumhunts and plays the game. i suppose it's possible that i'm speaking from an outdated picture of how he plays, but for now i'm fine with it.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 516, Gammagooey wrote:pretty much everyone else is here and doing shit and nothing anyone here is doing feels strongly more likely to be coming from scum than town yet.
i feel like this too kinda; i have some townreads and a bunch of people around null and i'm not really scumreading anyone

==
In post 525, Creature wrote:I'm leaning Irrelephant for last scum
i don't really see scum!irrelephant right now

==

gamma might be town?

==
In post 534, SirCakez wrote:-It looks like you're hesitant to vote Varsoon because of your past with him and then you just voted him anyway a few posts later.
-Because the progression to those votes looks unreal.
In post 337, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: varsoon

i don't like the kokichi read and i think that kokichi's side of their argument made a lot more sense and i think that varsoon was kinda reaching to find something to scumread him for
i only played one game with him and i intially scumread him there for his tone too but i eventually realized it was a personality thing and not an alignment thing so ignored that

here i was noting that the blustery/confident tone makes me want to scumread him but since i know that he just kinda sounds like that and it isn't an alignment thing that wasn't something to scumread him for so i noted it but ignored that when trying to read him; i didn't vote him for anything to do with tone or past games, but rather because his kokichi read looked kinda trumped up to me and kinda overblown and like he was looking for something to scumread him for; i thought it was strange that he'd had such a viscerally opposite reaction to something that i was townreading

like yeah the tone was bothering me so i mentioned that but i ultimately decided it wasn't ai (or at least, ai in ways that i know how to read) so i ignored it; that's not why i voted him.

i don't know what 'the progression to those votes looks unreal' means

==
In post 541, Porkens wrote:VOTE: rc

I can only lead to his town to victory. Rc is a proven liar. Everyone says it that I've seen. Where is his evidence? NONE!
you were fine sheeping rc on his non-existant sircakez scumread the last time you posted ...

i'm not even sure what you're talking about here tbh

==

creature maybe town too

==
In post 552, northsidegal wrote:VOTE: porkens

i'm fine with this wagon. i know that porkens is normally kind of a zany guy but here it feels more like he's using that as an excuse for not actually doing anything rather than just having it be a part of the way that he scumhunts and plays the game. i suppose it's possible that i'm speaking from an outdated picture of how he plays, but for now i'm fine with it.
i've not played with him before but nothing he's doing really feels scummy?

like wtf-y, sure

like he's playing some sort of alternate-reality version of this game that in no way correlates to actual events, sure

but i don't see scum motivation in what he's doing. granted, i don't see town motivation either.

like this doesn't feel like an excuse to me? it just feels like wtf-y and troll-y and 'i have absolutely no idea what to do with this'-y. kinda like nm but in a different flavor if that makes sense

maybe i'll go look up some of his scumgames but atm nothing he's doing really feels purposeful or agenda-driven or like he's trying to accomplish something
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:48 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 553, skitter30 wrote:i've not played with him before but nothing he's doing really feels scummy?

like wtf-y, sure

like he's playing some sort of alternate-reality version of this game that in no way correlates to actual events, sure

but i don't see scum motivation in what he's doing. granted, i don't see town motivation either.

like this doesn't feel like an excuse to me? it just feels like wtf-y and troll-y and 'i have absolutely no idea what to do with this'-y. kinda like nm but in a different flavor if that makes sense

maybe i'll go look up some of his scumgames but atm nothing he's doing really feels purposeful or agenda-driven or like he's trying to accomplish something
it's not really about scum motivation vs town motivation for me, moreso a difference in this game vs how i remember his towngame being

although i would argue that acting weird to not actually have to read the game / put in effort to look towny / justify positions is a perfectly rational scum motivation for what he's doing

things fall apart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

i've never played with him so i can't really do the meta thing

like yeah acting weird means he doesn't have to look townie or justify positions but it also means he's prob going to get lynched at some point so i don't know why scum would play that way on purpose unless they didn't mind getting lynched

(but i also don't know why town would play this way on purpose unless they didn't mind getting lynched either)
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:59 am

Post by northsidegal »

-shrug-

not sure.

who are your scumreads?

things fall apart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14 am

Post by skitter30 »

i think i said this above, but i don't have any major ones right now

i have a bunch of people i'm townreading; a bunch of people i'm around null on that i'm not entirely sure how to read

rc was tending scum before he repped out because of how he made up a lot of bs about varsoon that he'd never said; it kinda reminded me of that newbie from a few months back that you weren't in but math said you were following; the one where rc deliberately picked a fight with math because ... well, i'm still not entirely sure why he did that really but i think it made a gamestate that he felt he could manipulate easily

i also think he has a bit of an incendiary personality and gets kinda offended by things so i'm not entirely sure how ai it was; i'm kinda waiting for a replacement and will prob just toss the rc-part of the slot out because i really don't think i can read him either way

idk i can talk more about the various reasons why i'm null on a bunch of people more if you want me to but i don't really explicitly scumread anyone else in particular right now; that's why i'm not voting
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:20 am

Post by northsidegal »

i think there are a few differences between the way rc was pushing people in that game vs this one (although i guess you might have more authority on the subject considering you were actually in that game)

i feel like in that game it was VOTE: MATH and then a lot of pushing and pointing out things that just make math "incredibly obvscum" or something

whereas in this game a comment like this seems to have an entirely different motivation
In post 440, RadiantCowbells wrote:Varsoon there's two ways this can go from here

1) you fuck off and go vote someone else. I do the same. If we're both town this helps everyone

Or

2) I lynch you. You cannot prevent this. If you're town, reck double vote plus scum votes probably kill me tomorrow.

I said what I did regarding Reck because it was better than saying the truth because I don't want to make this game toxic.

that's not to say that a comment like that should individually be townread (although i do townlean the rc slot), just that i think there's a difference between the way he's pushed people as scum before and the way he was pushing varsoon here. i can speak personally as to what it's like to be lynched like that before, and there were even some similarities between the way he lynched math and the way he lynched me in a game a long time ago.

things fall apart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

yeah ok, i see ur point; i skimmed through that one and i don't see him deliberately trying to de-escalate there anywhere

i'm just a little bit wary because he's very very willing to make a toxic gamestate to manipulate people; i was hard-townreading him throughout that and he basically manipulated me and got me to posthumously mislynch people for him

he also threatened said if he was scum he would just rep-out so he wouldn't have to deal with the argument but he was scum purposefully perpetrating the argument so

and he was also making up things that didn't happen to support his side and to antagonize varsoon; like if he didn't want to actually have the fight as scum i can see him repping out too

i really feel like rc is like a mess of wifom for me right now and i think i scumlean him overall but i'm also aware that i really don't know how to read him so i have like no confidence in this whatsoever

i really think it's better for me to try to not-read him and wait for a replacement tbh
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:52 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 559, skitter30 wrote:i really think it's better for me to try to not-read him and wait for a replacement tbh
not a bad approach

things fall apart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

ye; i think that's the best way to handle this and start with the slot afresh for me really
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:26 am

Post by xyzzy »

RadiantCowbells is no longer being replaced and is instead just in the game.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

or not
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Good. And I think NSG could be scum this game. :/
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your Pokemon trainer. go, Reuniclus, kick everybody's ass!

votecount 1.134 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Varsoon, Porkens)
4 players voting for Porkens (Gammagooey, Creature, SirCakez, northsidegal)
3 players voting for Varsoon (Shoshin, Kokichi Oma, Irrelephant11)
2 players voting for northsidegal (RadiantCowbells, Nosferatu)

1 player not voting for lynch (skitter30)

with 14 votes, it takes 8 to lynch.

3 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11, Gammagooey, skitter30)
2 players voting for xRECKONERx for Fantasy Gachapon (Varsoon, xRECKONERx)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma for Fantasy Gachapon (Kokichi Oma)
1 player voting for RadiantCowbells for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin)

6 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal, RadiantCowbells, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez)

the current day will end in (expired on 2018-09-24 17:00:00).

mod notes:
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I know nsg is scum but i also feel really bad because she was getting away with 0 posting while i wasn't present so i'm gonna lynch her last
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Shoshin »

She posted.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@koki & RC - why do you think NSG is likely scum here? Cause her reads and posts that she's made so far seem perfectly fine to me, the only real complaint I'd have about her is that she doesn't seem as aggressive about her reads as she was in the one town game I've seen her in but I think that makes sense given that game was a large and this is a mini that just started this week.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Gammagooey, have you ever had a player who you knew well enough that you could read like any 1-2 of their posts and without actually thinking about anything, automatically know their alignment?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:53 pm

Shoshin
Creature
RC
Skitter
Sircakez
Nosferatu

all strong townreads

that leaves

Reckoner
Varsoon
Irrel
Gamma
Porkens
Kokichi

and NSG is scum
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

not personally I don't think, reck vs pie in face-to-face mafia is pretty magical though

if you're confident enough to basically declare "If I'm wrong about this I'm scum and you should lynch me" then I can mayyybe deal with it but otherwise I'd much rather see you actually try to explain it through whatever combination of gut feeling descriptions and playstyle quirks that you can.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:07 pm

she's scum but I don't feel like lynching her right now :o
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 566, RadiantCowbells wrote:I know nsg is scum but i also feel really bad because she was getting away with 0 posting while i wasn't present so i'm gonna lynch her last
my not posting during the thread going from however many pages to 20 pages wasn't a deliberate act, it's just how things turned out.
In post 572, RadiantCowbells wrote:she's scum but I don't feel like lynching her right now :o
i guess we can discuss this when you're ready to discuss this? i'm interested in hearing your explanation but if it's something you plan on waiting for then ideally you'll have changed your mind by whatever time that would've been

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:16 pm

I was gonna like pretend to scumread you or something to keep you alive but I don't think that's a play suitable to this gamestate in hindsight.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”