comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:38 pm

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your personal shopper. I don't know what a personal shopper does. is that like those apps where you can have groceries delivered to you? is that a different thing? this was a bad bit.

votecount 1.164 players voting for Porkens (Gammagooey, Creature, SirCakez, Nosferatu)
4 players voting for RadiantCowbells (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx, Varsoon, Porkens)
3 players voting for Varsoon (Shoshin, Kokichi Oma, Irrelephant11)
1 player voting for Irrelephant11 (northsidegal)
1 player voting for xRECKONERx (RadiantCowbells)
1 player voting for Gammagooey (skitter30)

0 players not voting for lynch

with 14 votes, it takes 8 to lynch.

4 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11, Gammagooey, skitter30, RadiantCowbells)
2 players voting for xRECKONERx for Fantasy Gachapon (Varsoon, xRECKONERx)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma for Fantasy Gachapon (Kokichi Oma)
1 player voting for RadiantCowbells for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin)

5 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez)

the current day will end in (expired on 2018-09-24 17:00:00).

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 706, RadiantCowbells wrote:Remember what I just said about older players coming into newer games and being trash?
Kokichi and Shoshin are trying to solve the game with me while you flounder and get pissy at people for scumreading you for justifiable reasons.
You are the one who needs to play better, not them.
Nice projecting, homedog.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:27 pm

Post by Varsoon »

How close are ya'll to 'solving' the game?
Still think that obvious town people are scum?
Last handful of pages have been a ton of misgivings because you specifically employed rhetoric that involved someone's IRL situation, my guy. I don't care how you feel to spin that biz, but all you've been doing is putting up a stink.

@Porkens:
Why the earlier hop-off and now return to RC?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Kokichi's over hear publicly theorycrafting that the dude who enters D1 loud and making enemies might be scum with a powerful role.
That's cool, I majored in fiction, I get it, but can you give me a reads list, Kokichi?
Or, like, something? Anything?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:48 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Produce for the weekend
I think my vote might be in the right place for now, catch up tonorrow
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:55 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 705, Varsoon wrote:Shoshin, stop pushing the line that I'm scumreading Kokichi for play I was making--that's a gross misrepresentation of both my reasons for having an early scumread there, my reasons for loudly pushing it, and the reality of my situation not even being the same as Kokichi's. You getting hung up on a lie of a detail is clouding your judgment and keeping you from moving on to form much better reads than an incorrect scumread on me.
I thought I was "honest town" but now I'm a liar? And you're still not scumeading me?

RC, please lynch this.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:49 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 701, RadiantCowbells wrote: he's done enough reading to have better thoughts than this, he just doesn't because he's scum and hiding behind his doublevoter townread lets him get away with that.
also: the doublevoter wouldn't have been nerfed if it was a town doublevoter. it's nerfed for the specific balance reason of allowing town to force him to burn it later in the game.
Reck is kinda scummy but I don't think this bit holds up. Mod could just as easily given that restriction to a town DV so that they don't become conf-town in late game.

Regardless sad to see you go Reck, you are fun to play with.

VOTE: Gamma
This can go now, haven't seen anything to change my mind.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:57 am

Post by Gammagooey »

RC I need to talk at you about you and reck for a minute.

first, I absolutely guarantee you that him telling you to fuck yourself and replacing out, and him initially voteparking you and leaving it there for at least a bit isn't alignment indicative for him. Regardless of his alignment, he believes with all of his heart that you're being shitty and making the game miserable for him, and for the most part I agree with him. this post and saying that you offered him 'diplomatic immunity' for him being in a hurricane that only applies if he's not scumreading or voting you are really petty, shitty things to say.
In post 703, RadiantCowbells wrote:compare him in this game to team mafia or the aforementioned large theme and they are night and day, and don't blame the hurricane because he's engaged with stuff, he's just chosen to engage in the worst possible way.
And I may not share Reck's dislike of you as a person given that I've met you and you're fine in real life but I do hate your playstyle in forum games too. You absolutely made shit up about Varsoon earlier in the game to push on him. Your votes seem more focused on who's attacking you or has been calling you out recently instead of who you seem to think is most likely to actually flip scum. And despite all that being fucking awful I still don't think it makes you particularly likely scum, because I think you're the type of person to say shit like that to try to lynch someone that you think is scum and more importantly is pushing on you without checking to see if if it's actually true.
In post 719, RadiantCowbells wrote:Skitter, Reckoner came in this game threatening to policy Lynch me because of another game and replaced out because I had the audacity to call him out for it despite his RL situation.
This is also enormously fucking hypocritical given your attempted replace out

Like, I think reck is more likely to be town than not here, and yes, I could be wrong about that, but if you legitimately think you tried to be "extremely careful" with how you talked to reck as you said earlier than I really think you should reconsider how you play mafia on this site, because it feels like you treat most people who don't agree with what you're trying to say/do in games like dirt instead of trying to have actual, human conversations with them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on vacation for most of today - I'm grabbing breakfast in a bit and I'll have maybe an hour after to respond to things or talk to people, so if you've got any specific questions about my reads then go for it, otherwise I'll probably just go into more detail on the game on monday. I still think that Porkens is the most likely scum in the game and his bouncing around on his votes and RC read doesn't seem like it has any actual thought behind it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 746, RadiantCowbells wrote:this might seem really unfair to skitter but the fact that she's pushed on all of my scumreads makes me think that she's a lot more likely to be scum bussing
I also haven't gotten any of those ~town vibes~ that I'm supposed to have from her by now.

but I"m not explicitly feeling her as scum either, so that's something?
1. You had me in your list of townreads earlier so you're going to have to explain how you went from townreading me to not having 'gotten any of those ~town vibes~ that you're supposed to have from me by now'

2. I play mafia by looking at a given scenario and aggregating similar scenarios ive seen in the past in order to try to figure out if things are more likely to come feom town or scum. A few months back i played a game with scum!you where you picked a fight with someone i look up to in order to get him mislynched and to create a gamestate where you can manipulate people; you got me to mislynch math, pressure the cop to out for you by pocketing me, and mislynch someone else for you after you were dead. That game makes me very, very wary about you and your abiliity to manipulate me; i dont think i can confidently read or trust you after that. I dont think its fair of you to complain that your playstyle makes me scumread you when you created this dynamic by what you did in that game; its not like this is something im pulling out of thin air

3. I deal with anxiety irl and i have a lot of trouble dealing with interpersonal conflict for a variety of reasons; it stresses me out a lot and it's not something i can process or handle easily, even when im not directly involved. Within the context of a game its fine but when things get personal it messes with my ability to process what's happening and i kinda get stuck on the conflict; your arguments with varsoon and reck are tilting me out of being able to read this game and both you and reck. Its making this game unenjoyable for me. Im trying to get past it but atm i cant read u or reck and so im trying to figure out what to do about it. Reck's gone so i think i want to start with a replacement anew; i wanted to do that with u but you're here so i can't do that. The best way i think i can resolve u is to sheep people i trust who i think can read you but im not confident enough to do that just yet; i dont trust enough people that strongly atm

Agreeing to lynch reck (who i cant read right now) on your request (who i cant read right now) is idiotic and like the dumbest thing i can do this game, no matter how pissed it makes you or the fact that it seems to make you retaliatory scumread me
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 753, Varsoon wrote:Kokichi's over hear publicly theorycrafting that the dude who enters D1 loud and making enemies might be scum with a powerful role.
That's cool, I majored in fiction, I get it, but can you give me a reads list, Kokichi?
This post is so fake.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Also a misrep
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:33 am

Post by xyzzy »

after giving it some serious thought myself and consulting with another person with whom I discussed the topic, I'm replacing RadiantCowbells (with xRECKONERx staying in the game); his comments to xRECKONERx regarding the hurricane are extremely out of line, and I believe this is the best choice for the overall health of the game. if you have comments or concerns you wish to have addressed regarding this decision, I would ask that you do so via PM rather than here in the thread.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:33 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

reckoner is scum and you need to believe it when my slot flips town.

bye!
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm back? Cool.

Let me try to figure out what I think of each slot from memory, with the caveat that I've been hurricane drunk for the entirety of this game so bear with me:

Gamma: Hasn't interacted w/ me much, in fact has only mentioned me a couple of times in passing while interacting w/ other people, trying to avoid me?
Varsoon: successfully navigated to my D1 blind spot so not gonna worry about him right now
skitter: pinging me as scum tbh. all posting just feels super noncommittal and fencesitty.
northsidegal: Honestly IDK how to read her. I think there was a game where I just read her incorrectly for like 70% of the game until the last second.
Kokichi: lots of attacks on people with cool adjectives instead of cool logic and reasoning. dislike. maybe scum.
Irrelephant: null. i feel nothing from their posts.
RC: scum who is trying to emulate what RC thinks he's like as town when in actuality he's just ringing as hollow and empty and overkill. very similar to team mafia play.
Porkens: idfk man. a whole pile of nothingness so far. need content.
Nosferatu: ill be honest i dont recall any posts that nosferatu has made so far
Creature: uhhh i remember early few pages of creature posting looked good? then i kinda havent paid attention since then
SirCakez: see nosferatu
Shoshin: Generally Competent Posting (tm)

Okay well now hopefully I can contribute more than this garbage readslist but I really really don't have time to go back and reread so if there's something people want me to address specifically I'd be happy to otherwise yippee ki yay let's play some mafia
green shirt thursdays
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:01 am

Post by Nosferatu »

VOTE: varsoon

porkens is town and if we keep votes on him hes gonna do something dumb o/
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 755, Shoshin wrote:
In post 705, Varsoon wrote:Shoshin, stop pushing the line that I'm scumreading Kokichi for play I was making--that's a gross misrepresentation of both my reasons for having an early scumread there, my reasons for loudly pushing it, and the reality of my situation not even being the same as Kokichi's. You getting hung up on a lie of a detail is clouding your judgment and keeping you from moving on to form much better reads than an incorrect scumread on me.
I thought I was "honest town" but now I'm a liar? And you're still not scumeading me?

RC, please lynch this.

Oh no, I do believe that you honestly believe in something that isn't true.
That's the problem.
And here you are
Choosing to be hung up on this
Instead of doing anything else.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:40 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

More votes on Varsoon
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 759, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 753, Varsoon wrote:Kokichi's over hear publicly theorycrafting that the dude who enters D1 loud and making enemies might be scum with a powerful role.
This post is so fake.
Cool readslist.
Quality 10/10 engagement.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

Feels like good scum would just glide through this D1 while letting the rather thoughtless wagoning of me be the focal point with lots of noise and little content.

@Gamma:
If RC's slot isn't worth pushing despite RC's scummy (literally and figuratively) play, then who is the better lynch/push for today/right now and why?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 767, Varsoon wrote:
In post 759, Kokichi Oma wrote:
This post is so fake.
Cool readslist.
Quality 10/10 engagement.
I already engaged with you enough and have determined you are scum. I gave you multiple chances to explain your reads and they all feel fabricated.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Nosferatu »

i could be swayed but there's no counterwagon id be fine switching to
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:24 am

Post by SirCakez »

RC slot is still town.
Varsoon is a bad Lynch.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Creature »

How did Porkens become townread?