skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1006, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 280, Varsoon wrote:Reck's my choice. I don't care if it's a good choice. The fact that my choice doesn't seem like a good choice to you makes me that much more sure that I want to go with my choice.
Yeah I think Varsoon is scum. He has a particular arrogance here that is similar to a past game I’ve played with him (no name drop because no one would get it). He seemed especially arrogant in pushing his mislynch of choice that game (drealmerz7).
that's what i initially misread him for in your game tho; he was rather standoffish there too
i think how stubborn he's being about all sorts of things (kokichi, argument with shoshin, etc) points more to town tho

==
In post 1014, xRECKONERx wrote:yeah i havent moved my vote bc i dont wanna lose the doublevote just
in case it winds up being the RCslot today
and honestly nothing else is making me feel real good or passionate and nobody has presented anything resembling a good argument or case as to why i should move my vote
this doesn't appear to be a thing tho; not sure why you're still sitting on this really

==

varsoon, shoshin explained why was a towntell for irrel like way in the beginning of your argument; i'm not entirely sure what the two of you are even arguing about tbh

==
In post 1119, northsidegal wrote:vote irrelephant or reck
VOTE: reck

i dislike this the least out of all the current wagons

gammag -> claim is proveable + i think it's more likely than not town + i dislike the current wagon on him and don't townread most of it + gamestate loosely pointing to town

gammae -> mildly townreading on some combination of interest/gut/tone; don't think i can explain that any better besides pulling up some posts that sounded good tonally

irrel -> shoshin can read him better than me and i townread her and i think that her being this certain outweighs the gutpings i have on him; not really interested in compromising on him

reck -> i dislike voting rc on policy in rvs and sitting on that still even though a gammae wagon isn't really happening today + i think doublevoting is mildly likely to come from town but i literally can't think of anything i townread from him so

additionally i townread: shoshin, nsg, probably irrel, probably varsoon, probably kokichi; at least enough that i'm not interested in lynching any of them today

i'd prefer shoshin get gacha; failing that i want nsg or maybe varsoon to get it; i don't really townred anyone else enough rn to want them to have it; i don't think nsg/varaoon are viable wagons for that right now tho
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

@xyzzy
i'm going to be v/la from like this evening till tuesday night or wednesday morning
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:49 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your second cousin. or maybe third. who can keep count?

votecount 1.273 players voting for Gammagooey (SirCakez, Nosferatu, Irrelephant11)
3 players voting for Irrelephant11 (Varsoon, northsidegal, Porkens)
2 players voting for Gamma Emerald (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx)
1 player voting for xRECKONERx (Gamma Emerald, skitter30)
1 player voting for Varsoon (Shoshin)
1 player voting for SirCakez (Gammagooey)
1 player voting for Porkens (Creature)

1 player not voting for lynch (Kokichi Oma)

with 14 votes, it takes 8 to lynch.

4 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11, Gammagooey, skitter30, Gamma Emerald)
2 players voting for xRECKONERx for Fantasy Gachapon (Varsoon, xRECKONERx)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma for Fantasy Gachapon (Kokichi Oma)
1 player voting for Gamma Emerald for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin)

5 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal, Porkens, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez)

the current day will end in (expired on 2018-09-24 17:09:00)

mod notes:
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:08 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Irrelephant
Sigh
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Skitter: It's not a town tell for that player unless Shoshin can provide hard evidence from previous games that puts that play into towntell territory. As far as I am concerned, it's not even a towntell at all. I wrote the book when it comes to manipulating tells, too, so even if it was an actual town tell at all and a town tell for Irrel, I still wouldn't believe that 886 alone makes Irrel town. What we're arguing about is how to read 886 and that Shoshin thinks that if you doubt anything you're scum, apparently.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

ok, let me rephrase that

i believe that shoshin can townread irrel that strongly off of that post. i think she's actually that stubborn and i think that she ardently believes everything she said. i also think that arguing with her about it won't change her mind.

i also believe that you don't think that's something worth townreading him over by itself, and that you're also stubborn and won't change your mind on it

i think that the two of you have wildly different ideas about how to approach mafia and i don't think that either of you are able to change the mind of the other, and that your two page argument left you basically where you started and didn't really accomplish much for anyone involved or change the reads/perspectives of anyone
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

I think all those things about Shoshin, too, which is why I dropped that topic of conversation.

I do think it's still worth reading and informs both of our approaches to this game.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1132, Varsoon wrote:I do think it's still worth reading and informs both of our approaches to this game.
ye it pretty much reinforced my understanding of how both of you treat this game
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1106, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1104, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1099, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1098, SirCakez wrote:oooh you got me there
I never played a game modded by pie
I’m referring to the one where pie was backup IC, it was modded by GiF
I honestly can't remember this :/ Do you remember the name?
The game is called “this game is for pieguyn”, that’s really clumsy though so I call it pieguyn game
I kind of recalled it looking back at it and Varsoon was a lot more aggressive there then he was here, don't you think?
In post 1117, Creature wrote:VOTE: Porkens
Gammagoo just said he was gonna vig Porkens, what is this?

Goo's claim is not necessarily auto-town, we'll see if two kills happen.
I don't really have any other strong scum reads aside from those two (Goo and Porkens :/)
Skitter has improved for me.
I guess I can do Reck to avoid a no-lynch?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

VOTE: irrelephant this wagon is disgusting but it's better than a nl i guess
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

VOTE: irrelephant
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@Cakez: Idk I feel like between This Game Is For Pieguyn and Splatoon Mafia Varsoon is closer in play to the first one.
Btw what are the cases on Irrel and Gooey as those seem to be the leading wagons rn
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Need 2 more to lynch. Only 16 more hours
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

vote varsoon for fantasy gashapon
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 588, RadiantCowbells wrote:Ok so
In post 438, Irrelephant11 wrote:If you think Shoshin is gullible who's tricking her?
Who do you think duped her into thinking Reck isn't reading?

What causes your townread of Reck to be so strong? (sorry if I've missed the answer to this somewhere)

What were you saying about Shoshin in ?

What made you feel the need to apologize for tone?
In post 439, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 436, Varsoon wrote:It's weird that you're voting me and simultaneously all "Oh, this is where I would see scum jumping on this wagon."
Is it weird? I don't know your alignment, so I have to keep both things in my head. Why is it weird?
In post 436, Varsoon wrote:Also, damn, apologies for being the first person to drop an ACTUAL CASE on a player this game, it blows my mind that so many people think it's bad but don't spend any fucking time detailing why.
I can see why this would be frustrating you. Does this say something about the alignment of the players scumreading you? Or does it maybe suggest you're just wrong about Kokichi? Or is there any other conclusion you can draw from this frustration?
In post 448, Irrelephant11 wrote:oh
sure

ummmm but why did you use up your double vote power so early?
In post 420, Irrelephant11 wrote:What's your read on RC currently?
Also @Reck how good are you at reading RC in general?
yeah, huh. I'll wait for a Porkens explanation before voting there
It's not really a tangible thing that I can put a lot of words to but it just -feels- to me like these questions are meaningless and not going anywhere.
It is worth noting that he never did anything with any of the answers and that backs that up but I just feel like he was scum asking questions for the sake of looking town, not town hunting.
Like these are questions that look very interesting but like I don't think this is actually how Irrelephant scumhunting works if that makes sense.
He talks a lot but he doesn't actually do much in terms of pushing anything or having any spicy reads.

The porkens thing just feels rly rly informed to me. What it feels like to me is that he knows that Porkens is town and doesn't want to seem too eager jumping there, I feel like he should have had more of a reaction to it. Just content to sit and wait for an explanation and not really follow up on it doesn't feel like town who was worried about it.

I think Varsoon was also dead on the money when he said that Irrelephant was playing both sides. (his wording was that he was saying this is where scum jump on while voting)
nsg: sheeping RC's scumlean for now
Prettyy much ready to locktown Shoshin & RC (and by extension probably creature, I guess?)
At least till D2.
So the only way Shoshin is scum is if it's with RC I think but for now neither of them is scum so yeah Shoshin should get gachapon votes
You get really strong reads from small things and while it's impressive it's not 100% accurate and I'd just like to note that here so I remember to measure Varsoon against my own gut/logic and not just your thoughts.
At the same time, I have come to a pretty similar conclusion on his slot so far so this is fine.
VOTE: Varsoon for a variety of pretty good reasons that have already been said, even though the skill of this playerlist makes me feel like this is too obvious. Not sure where else to turn rn, though, so.
Are you talking about me or Reck here
I have a lot of negative feelings about you as a player rn so my short answer for your slot is "let Shoshin figure it out, re-evaluate d2"
Independently I'm slightly scumreading you so far but I can't tell how much of that is my feelings so like I said
Overall this is just a lot of hedging but there's a lot more to this.

1) Irrelephant is well aware that I'm like absolutely fucking god tier at reading NSG. Insta gamesolve level. Yet the best he's willing to do is sheep my scumlean for now?
2) Until D2? Does he trust the reads or not? Why isn't he committing to anything?
3) Again, refuses to commit to anything, creates a world where we can both be scum but sure Shoshin gets votes.
4) This just vibes to me as scum talking to town about an incorrect scumread that that town has, and I'm not sure I can make anyone else see that, but it's very hedgy.
5) Even when he votes he hedges as fuck and acts like he believes its flipping scum without trying to sort beyond that, just shrugs at it.
6) CAN SHOSHIN READ ME OR NOT? If you're independently scumreading me then are you going to do something about it?

Btw NOSFERATU does a similar thing about my NSG read which was one of the draws of the approach I took.

Also
kokichi makes a fair point that "it was for townread" and "it was for discussion", while not directly contradictory, do seem to both be fighting for space in your mind, like you can't decide which it is. not sure I scumread it, but I do scumread you refusing to explain a townread. Unless it gives scum setup info it's always good to explain a townread. It's often even good to explain a nullread, for that matter
Scumreading Varsoon because of stuff that he argues based on it being good or bad, not scummy or not scummy.

I also feel like he has at least potentially SvS interactions with both my other scumreads, Kokichi maybe slightly less so but Gamma I strongly believe is scum with him.
The Nosferatu/Gamma 1/2 scum is a common thing for scum to do with their scum partners, he also overexplains kokichi quite a bit
He then calls Gamma a townlean but his lightest townlean when next brought up, but he was 1/2 scum before
which people?
Reck / Porkens
I barely posted after you left. So why do you scumread me?
PoE, you were always on the shady side and now i have a lot more townreads.
This post makes me feel like Irrel is a decent vote
VOTE: Irrelephant11
L-1
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 619, Porkens wrote:no no stop

i promise I will start actually playing this game tomorrow.

please don't lynch me in the next 24 hours. I will read and post actual things
Ok the switch from bravado to cowering by Porkens on Page 25 is really gross
<Embrace The Void>

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:15 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

7 hours
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:16 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Gamma just vote or it will nl
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:29 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Wtf
Hardclaim mason

Is there a point in keeping my fellow mason hidden or do I go ahead and reveal the crumbs
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:29 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

VOTE: Reck
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I was supposed to claim right?
Yeah my role was gonna flip either way
If I'm the lynch regardless of claim, Shoshin is 98% sure town
Watch skitter, but if she's consistently pro-town don't be paranoid about her
nsg is probably town based on how much she's playing but wow the fact that she made my wagon a thing when it otherwise wouldn't have been looks bad fmpov
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:33 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I'm giving my mason my crumbs so they can claim later
Believe them pls

If anyone is around please swing this onto Reck, Varsoon, or Porkens
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Like unless it's porkens which I legit think is ludicrous I don't think I believe the claim

ok and you've just said it's not porkens

VOTE: Irrelephant11
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:35 am

Post by xyzzy »

this is xyzzy, your moderator, your best friend, and your FACE

votecount 1.288 players voting for Irrelephant11 (Varsoon, northsidegal, Porkens, Creature, Kokichi Oma, Nosferatu, Gamma Emerald, Gammagooey)
2 players voting for Gamma Emerald (xRECKONERx, xRECKONERx)
2 players voting for xRECKONERx (skitter30, Irrelephant11)
1 player voting for Gammagooey (SirCakez)
1 player voting for Varsoon (Shoshin)

0 players not voting for lynch

with 14 votes, it takes 8 to lynch.

4 players voting for Shoshin for Fantasy Gachapon (Irrelephant11, Gammagooey, skitter30, Gamma Emerald)
2 players voting for xRECKONERx for Fantasy Gachapon (Varsoon, xRECKONERx)
1 player voting for Kokichi Oma for Fantasy Gachapon (Kokichi Oma)
1 player voting for Gamma Emerald for Fantasy Gachapon (Shoshin)
1 player voting for Varsoon for Fantasy Gachapon (Porkens)

4 players not voting for Fantasy Gachapon (northsidegal, Nosferatu, Creature, SirCakez)

the day has ended (for real this time!)

mod notes:
Last edited by xyzzy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”