RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:20 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Dude I just started townreading him. Don't do this to me.
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:24 am

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 1674, Shock Value wrote:Ya.

I think that's a sign I need a hiatus :P
Hmm..
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:10 am

Post by BNL »

Ari can you check your role again? And I would like you to actually go back and see your role, and not cite it from memory.
Also, can you clearly state all rolecards you received at the beginning?

Btw slimer I also want you to go back to reread your role (but not claim it), just so you don't repeat what you did in Charging.
GTKAS - BNL

Busy, on indefinite V/LA. May return April 2020
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:31 am

Post by BNL »

In post 1654, Xtoxm wrote:Took me a while to logic this out but I believe shock is non town. He is a double lyncher. This is a very low utility role for town (high chance of basically being vanilla depending on setup), and can only be town initially according to the grand idea thread. He discarded search and rescue, which is decent utility for town. This means he picked his alignment from a 3rd unknown role. Search and rescue has zero utility to anything that isn't town, so choosing non town alignment makes sense for discarding it.
Also Xtoxm is town for using his results to figure out people's alignment
GTKAS - BNL

Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:47 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Great. So Shocks role is anti town. Still don't want to "waste" a lynch on that. I want scum.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1679, Vaxkiller wrote:Great. So Shocks role is anti town. Still don't want to "waste" a lynch on that. I want scum.
Why do you think he's not scum. Have you looked up the roles in question? I think some people are not following the argument I've tried to make. Based on his admitted choices he is objectively scummy, and his defence amounts to "i made an anti town decision based on personal preference". He could be just scum making an anti town decision.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

In post 1677, BNL wrote:Ari can you check your role again? And I would like you to actually go back and see your role, and not cite it from memory.

Btw slimer I also want you to go back to reread your role (but not claim it), just so you don't repeat what you did in Charging.
you're never going to let me live that down, are you? >.>

In post 1679, Vaxkiller wrote:Great. So Shocks role is anti town. Still don't want to "waste" a lynch on that. I want scum.
Ever considered the possibility that maybe there is no scum? Because it's entirely possible that theres just a hand full of third parties, then some townies.
Especially given the fact that someone else flipped 3p yesterday. The killing faction could very well just be an unclaimed vig/pgo/serial killer
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Honestly, I can't disagree.

According to Ari, they received three TOWN roles: Cop + Double Lyncher + Psychiatrist and Coastguard Rescue.
Out of those we only know 3 to be true (mod-confirmed) and then 2 must be true (Xtoxm couldn't have possibly "guessed" it, plus Ari admitted it)m which leaves us with the 1st card (the Town Cop).

Now there are several times the Town Cop appears in the Great Idea Mafia thread, but there's also a 3P Town Cop, and that one's win con is THIRD PARTY (as long as there are other 3P in play, which in this game we know to be true). I'm referring to this card:
In post 5057, Irrelephant11 wrote:
Third Party Town Cop

You can check one person each night, and will get the results in the form of “Town” or “Not Town”

If there are other third parties, you have the same win condition as one of them

If not, you also have the ability once per day to post a very clearly-stated list of every players’ alignment (do so in italics so the mod recognizes it); if you are correct for every player, you will win and exit the game. If not, nothing will happen.
As soon as I found that card I stopped looking. I would very much expect Ari to have picked the Double Lyncher combined with the above quoted win con for the fun of it.

Otherwise, what Townie really throws out Cop and adopts Double Lyncher when they have no choice but to be TOWN???

In other words, Ari (and Aero) had two shots at being Town and one at being 3P and that is why they had to drop the Cop role in favor of adopting the 3P alignment, so had to chose between Double Lyncher/Psychiatrist, and obviously the former guarantees a lynch on a 1-shot lynch proof thus helping their 3P win con which would probably be get NK'd (if Deathster was the only other 3P we had) or live to end game (if we have a true Survivor in-play).

The question now is whether we want to go for safe play, lynch a non-Townie (and be dicks to them), or we want to leave them be for another day or two (Mafia probably have no incentive to shoot them now since they'd rather shoot Town)? *Thinking*

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

the thing about that, A50, is that there are dozens of town cop roles, and probably only one (or maybe two) of that role. Even if they'd use third party cop for their alignment 100% of the time and town cop for their alignment only 10% of the time, they're still more likely to be town.

And... Ari is a great guy, but he's not known for always preferring the mechanically correct choice :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1683, Something_Smart wrote:the thing about that, A50, is that there are dozens of town cop roles, and probably only one (or maybe two) of that role. Even if they'd use third party cop for their alignment 100% of the time and town cop for their alignment only 10% of the time, they're still more likely to be town.
Is he known to make the worst of choices though? Not to my knowledge. And not when it's clear cut.

But regardless, I'm past that point (at least from my own PoV). I am asking .. if we "hypothetically knew" he was a 3P Double Lyncher.. do we want to lynch him today or wait another day or two? Do you think Scum (as a general term) would want to shoot him for us or would they be inclined to keep him alive to keep us skeptical and/or hope he sides by them towards the end of the game if they appear to have a shot at winning?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 2.08

Xtoxm (0) :
Eragon (0) :
BulletNLynchproof (0) :
Shock Value (3) : Xtoxm, Almost50, Chara
Chara (0) :
Vaxkiller (1) : Eragon
Almost50 (2) : Carcalilly, BulletNLynchproof
Carcalilly (0) :
theslimer3 (2) : Something_Smart, Vaxkiller
RCEnigma (0) :
Something_Smart (2) : RCEnigma, theslimer3

Not voting : Shock Value,

with 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2018-11-18 01:30:00)

fake mod notes:
- joined mod iso
- eragonna go prod Eragon
- quack
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Eragon »

RIP
Show
"follow your heart but take your brain with you"
"Get away... from me...!"

Get to know a Dark Shadow!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78520
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by Eragon »

I get why shock would want 3p

If it’s confirmed he isn’t a killing/evil role then I’m very happy with letting them live
Show

theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

VOTE: Shock
Sticking to my 3p theory. Prove me wrong
Im a black cat anyway.
GTKAS Slimer
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:40 pm

Post by Chara »

we only know the role, not the alignment.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Eragon »

Yes, but I think it’s confirmed non-Marfia right?
Show

Shock Value
Shock Value
Goon
Shock Value
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Shock Value »

In post 1677, BNL wrote:Ari can you check your role again? And I would like you to actually go back and see your role, and not cite it from memory.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Savage XD
I fucking live it BNL :P

Ya, I checked. Town Cop, Town Coatgeard/Psychologist, Town Double-Lyncher. I chose the latter.
My reasoning was that Cop is boring (ya ya, be mad w/e :P) I stand with 3Ps, and I think any "unlynchable/DayBP/whatever roles are most likely 3P or Scum.
I look at it this way, we are a Town Strongman Voter. If the role that is lynched has protection, we bypass it and get a flip. It's quite a good town utility tbh!

But like I say, I need a fucking break from Mafia.
I literally worked a 12 hour day with no breaks, almost no food/coffee, and on 2 hours sleep because I was writing an essay al night.
It's be a blessing XD
Hydra of Aeronaut and Aristophanes
Shock Value
Shock Value
Goon
Shock Value
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Shock Value »

Vax, can you explain why you think my role is antitown?
And you specifically say role, not alignment. What is your actual read of me?
Shock Value
Shock Value
Goon
Shock Value
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by Shock Value »

In post 1680, Xtoxm wrote:"i made an anti town decision based on personal preference"
This is literally 100% true. So what?
Shock Value
Shock Value
Goon
Shock Value
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Shock Value »

In post 1682, Almost50 wrote:Honestly, I can't disagree.

According to Ari, they received three TOWN roles: Cop + Double Lyncher + Psychiatrist and Coastguard Rescue.
Out of those we only know 3 to be true (mod-confirmed) and then 2 must be true (Xtoxm couldn't have possibly "guessed" it, plus Ari admitted it)m which leaves us with the 1st card (the Town Cop).

Now there are several times the Town Cop appears in the Great Idea Mafia thread, but there's also a 3P Town Cop, and that one's win con is THIRD PARTY (as long as there are other 3P in play, which in this game we know to be true). I'm referring to this card:
In post 5057, Irrelephant11 wrote:
Third Party Town Cop

You can check one person each night, and will get the results in the form of “Town” or “Not Town”

If there are other third parties, you have the same win condition as one of them

If not, you also have the ability once per day to post a very clearly-stated list of every players’ alignment (do so in italics so the mod recognizes it); if you are correct for every player, you will win and exit the game. If not, nothing will happen.
As soon as I found that card I stopped looking. I would very much expect Ari to have picked the Double Lyncher combined with the above quoted win con for the fun of it.

Otherwise, what Townie really throws out Cop and adopts Double Lyncher when they have no choice but to be TOWN???

In other words, Ari (and Aero) had two shots at being Town and one at being 3P and that is why they had to drop the Cop role in favor of adopting the 3P alignment, so had to chose between Double Lyncher/Psychiatrist, and obviously the former guarantees a lynch on a 1-shot lynch proof thus helping their 3P win con which would probably be get NK'd (if Deathster was the only other 3P we had) or live to end game (if we have a true Survivor in-play).

The question now is whether we want to go for safe play, lynch a non-Townie (and be dicks to them), or we want to leave them be for another day or two (Mafia probably have no incentive to shoot them now since they'd rather shoot Town)? *Thinking*
Ooo that role is fantastic! I 100% would have used that as alignment if I'd gotten it!
Sadly we did not.
Also, the wincons suggested, A50, are to get NK'd or to survive. Do I appear to be playing towards either?
If so, please present your argument because LOL!
In post 1683, Something_Smart wrote:the thing about that, A50, is that there are dozens of town cop roles, and probably only one (or maybe two) of that role. Even if they'd use third party cop for their alignment 100% of the time and town cop for their alignment only 10% of the time, they're still more likely to be town.

And... Ari is a great guy, but he's not known for always preferring the mechanically correct choice :P
HEY!
I mean, you're right XD But still! :P
I play for fun, trollz, and lols. I really am not a srs busns guy anymore, which also affirms my need for a break.
In post 1684, Almost50 wrote:
Is he known to make the worst of choices though? Not to my knowledge. And not when it's clear cut.

But regardless, I'm past that point (at least from my own PoV). I am asking .. if we "hypothetically knew" he was a 3P Double Lyncher.. do we want to lynch him today or wait another day or two? Do you think Scum (as a general term) would want to shoot him for us or would they be inclined to keep him alive to keep us skeptical and/or hope he sides by them towards the end of the game if they appear to have a shot at winning?
I legit didn't care about Cop and it was the one I decided I was not keeping first. Oh man, would we have gotten lynched D1 if that was the discard not the alignment card? XD I mean, the others are conftown by nature of only being available in this alignment, yet I'd have been scumread for the discard!
This is an interesting thought experiment! XD
Shock Value
Shock Value
Goon
Shock Value
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by Shock Value »

Honestly, I don't remember the last time I scumread this player, but

VOTE: A50

Lynch me if you like, but I am town and A50 is shading me so hard! It's scummy AF and I'm a known easy target.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

@RC, have you hard claimed unlychable?
If yes, do you still stand by it?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Shock Value
Shock Value
Goon
Shock Value
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by Shock Value »

Here's a piece of advice - Never believe what RC claims. Think about the motivation behind his making the claim. It'll get you far closer to the truth!
BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by BNL »

In post 1681, theslimer3 wrote:

you're never going to let me live that down, are you? >.>
Sorry, I don't mean to etch that in your memory, I just wanted to make sure accidents don't happen that town trip over.
GTKAS - BNL

BNL
BNL
Micro Madness
BNL
Micro Madness
Micro Madness

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by BNL »

Btw I was confused at first... but a Double Lyncher is a role, not an alignment (Lyncher):
In post 1743, Cheery Dog wrote:
Town Double-Lyncher

If you are on the lynch-wagon, the lynch happens twice. (if the lynched person can survive one lynch, they're still lynched, otherwise you're just hanging up a dead body)
Were other people confused as well or was it just me? :oops:
GTKAS - BNL

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”