ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

You can be whoever you want to be, I believe in you!

Boop.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Firebringer »

You are still a very interesting person ms chibi. Hope you enjoy mafia retirement.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Thanks, I'm sure I will! ^^
Boop.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Aw, was looking forward to more chibi.
You snowed me so hard I was paranoid.
When you mod something, lemme know.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

I have no idea what snowed means!

On Day 1 I was just going with the flow and trying to let you guys argue as much as possible (without looking like I was encouraging it
too
much) to save me the effort tbh. I picked your side mostly because it had less supporters and also you were
ever so slightly
more sympathetic :lol:

Sadly I don't have the skill/experience/patience to run anything even half as creative as this, but I do have a mini normal going into signups soon.
Boop.
Yuchou
Yuchou
Townie
Yuchou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Yuchou »

Nibbui here

Hmmm, so my scum reading mutant in the begin wasn't only paranoia...that is a bit sad.

anyway, mutant, you played really good here in my opinion. Even if town hadn't been so auto-destructive I think you would still be townread and would have made it to endgame or close to it. Your posts felt genuine enough and even if you did things that would normally look bad some moments, the impressive thing was that you did it in a way that looked towny (defending the "lynchbaity" NK15 and scum reading me right after I was scum reading you for example). It was a nice win.

In my opinion Chibi played good as well, especially for her first game as scum, she wasn't as towny as mutant, but she was still towny. If town hadn't been auto-destructive, I think that she would have a bit of trouble in later days but in my opinion she would probably still endgame.

Nico...I can't particularly say that you played well but I can't say you played bad. If town overlooked you, you deserve the win, but I hope you don't get mad on me in the next games when I actually strongly push you because you're not giving us enough content. I can be wrong but there's always so little in which we can try to read you on that it's kind of a burden honestly. When you roll scum that makes your scum play really powerful because you can play the "I don't do much as town as well" card, but when you're actually town it hurts the game. I don't have a problem with it though as long as when we push you to make content as town, you don't take it personally.

About the town...man...we played this badly huh. I don't get Kokichi though, why did you fakeclaim IC? I even said that if you were fakeclaiming for the lols, It would help us to stop because if you flipped town I could end up reconsidering MariaR, but you kept with the troll claim man...

About the setup, it was indeed ambitious. I'll be honest, although some roles were pretty creative and fun, I particularly don't like the PT cop/redirector/Miller interaction, I already feel like cops are a bit cheap, and the fact that you can be redirected, false "inno" someone and town end up losing because of it without having a way to do a comeback, it's...hmm..not cool. Neither it would have been if town win a game by a PoE based on cop innos alone. It just feels too depedent on power roles, and too WIFOM while we're on it. I'm of the opinion that if a cop inno or guilty isn't a 100% on a game, you should never put a cop in the game in the first place. It leaves all the game to...so much luck. Ignoring the inno sometimes will be dumb, and suspecting it sometimes will be the right thing, and there's no way to know the right option. The most sensible thing is to not read it too deeply but it's so WIFOM that it's again, in my opinion, better left alone if we should kind of ignore the results. I don't think it was that troublesome this game around but still...

About the minigames, I ended up not playing them because I thought it would be other kind of minigame, but they weren't bad, I even considered playing it on day 1 but I was in a bad mood for the whole RC vs Varsoon thing. My problem with it was mostly it delaying the game so much, Elbirn already said the solution though, one minigame per day would have been pretty ideal, in essence, it's a creative and fun mechanic. It just had some technical issues this time however it was the first time we tried it. With some improvements, it can even
help
make the players engaged with the game.

My reads sucked most of the game (like, I was even feeling that I was wrong in a spiritual sense), but I'm happy with my read on Elbirn and NSG though. Especially on Elbirn since I feel it was a slippery rope.

For last but not less important, I'm sorry Radiant and Varsoon. I don't think what I said, to any of you, was logically wrong. I still find my arguments solid. But my tone about it may have sounded a bit harsh on Varsoon, and especially a bit too harsh on Radiant. I was mad on you guys because I was sticking "fine" reads to both slots before the whole thing (more so to Varsoon), and I wanted both because of my role and because that I had a gut that it may have been town vs town and it would cost us a lot (what it kind of did), to first lynch Nico that day because I knew that it would be +EV town regardless of the flip (too much of a hard read).

But I don't know, right now I feel I'm to blame for a lot of this game as well. If I had been as loud and pushy about my opinions, this game could have gone in a very different way with a day 1 Nico lynch and inno cop on Radiant (afterwards saying to Gamma put me and Varsoon in a hood to "discuss" things and innoing him as well). and who knows if after gaining confidence by lynching scum, I wouldn't even stick with my first read on mutant.

Anyway, nice play scum team. You guys, and I mean all of you, deserve it.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:51 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3498, ChibiBear wrote:Lmao there's a Rick and Morty screenshot out there that perfectly encapsulates what I think about this argument :lol:

This is my last mafia game as a player, although I will still be sticking around to mod games. Playing mafia is just... Not for me. Actively observing is way more entertaining and also way less likely to give me an aneurysm.

Regardless of how little I deserved the victory, it wasn't our fault that town imploded on itself so I'm still counting it as a victory. Going out on a high note woot woot! :D
Tfw you've been on site for 4 months and have already retired

They grow up so fast nowadays
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Nibbui I missed you! If it makes you feel any better you almost caught me. It was pure luck that I'd just finished a town game where I failed really badly and was able to use that as an example to convince you otherwise :lol:
In post 3506, Elbirn wrote:
In post 3498, ChibiBear wrote:Lmao there's a Rick and Morty screenshot out there that perfectly encapsulates what I think about this argument :lol:

This is my last mafia game as a player, although I will still be sticking around to mod games. Playing mafia is just... Not for me. Actively observing is way more entertaining and also way less likely to give me an aneurysm.

Regardless of how little I deserved the victory, it wasn't our fault that town imploded on itself so I'm still counting it as a victory. Going out on a high note woot woot! :D
Tfw you've been on site for 4 months and have already retired

They grow up so fast nowadays
Has it been 4 months already? Time flies! (Nah but I played for like almost a year back in 2014)
Boop.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Chibi: Means you completely had me fooled. 'Snowed' is slang for deceiving someone.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Aww yess a successful pocketing ;)
Boop.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

If this game and our last game had gone in the other order DVA would have been paired with skies
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

As the top pair? Still a town victory yay!

Still dude, I didn’t know for sure that ‘short’ was scum until after the pairs were confirmed but wow was I glad that I trusted my instincts on that one.
Boop.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

I remember going back checking my ISO and being shocked on how unexpectedly right I was about that. I mean yeah I failed really bad at the other 2 scum but I totally got it right on the one that mattered most :D
Boop.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm sorry I was wrong if it helps

But I was never actually putting him in endgame
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Nah man I mean you pretty much solved the entire game for us otherwise so kudos. Couldn't have asked for a better IC.

But I will hold on to my little bit of pride for correctly suspecting 'short' ahead of time :D
Boop.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 99, Elbirn wrote:
In post 97, MariaR wrote:Oh no
Mars is a very bad place for love
In post 1750, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1733, RadiantCowbells wrote:Use it tonight
These were uh...Me crumbing my flavors. In case anyone cared. I never crumbed Rod Serling but yeah.

I was real proud at the time of the useless things I did.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:24 am

Post by MariaR »

I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”