Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3469, NicoRobin wrote:And @Firebringer Your continued derogatory comments towards me no longer affect me.
Play the game.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3475, Firebringer wrote:
In post 3469, NicoRobin wrote:And @Firebringer Your continued derogatory comments towards me no longer affect me.
Play the game.
You played this game so little that the mod of the game. Had more posts than
YOU
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:15 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 3476, Firebringer wrote:
In post 3475, Firebringer wrote:
Play the game.
You played this game so little that the mod of the game. Had more posts than
YOU
Considering that I played 1936 and was active during it, I don't think me not playing is your real issue. I've proven I can play well during that game and you still antagonized me despite that. So take your attitude and shove it.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:20 am

Post by NicoRobin »

Like, if the way I played during Mini 1936 didn't satisfy you, then you won't be satisfied no matter how much or how well I play. Therefore, I will not bother with you anymore.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Firebringer »

I don't give a shit what you did another game you You played a bad game and I will call you out on it and then you want to wave around a flag of "I won it doesn't matter how and I will celebrate it" when literally its like you won a football game where the opposing team let you make touchdowns so that you could win.

If you want to dance around with your hands in the air that you won, go fucking ahead but the truth of the matter is their is zero pride in winning a game where none of your skill was put to the test or even used.

If I go win a fight against someone who doesn't fight back there is no feeling of success or victory in it. Its just a thing that happened. Its empty.

So go ahead and celebrate your empty victory. If you believe you challenged yourself to an extent that this victory tested your skills all I can do is laugh at you and say "Good job Nico. You really showed me that you have no skill".
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:29 am

Post by Firebringer »

If I was in your shoes in this game. I would be saying.

"Thanks for the game guys. I didn't really do anything to deserve this win. But I had fun playing, next time gonna try to do better"
Show

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Elbirn »

Fire I think your constructive criticism needs more "constructive". Respectfully. I do have to echo the idea that I would love to see nico play a more proactive game if/when we play together again, but considering she was scum here she did what she had to to win I suppose?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:40 am

Post by Firebringer »

She can totally say that she played in a way that ensured her victory, but then I can again still point out she played in a way that didn't challenge any of her skills which still makes it a empty victory.

I can win games by using cheap tricks and exploits but if I don't play in a way that actually tests my abilities theres no honor no feel of accomplishment no anything with it, and to pretend otherwise is a weird delusion.

There is so much more to playing a game than if you win or lose tbh and if all we value is that outcome I think we lost a lot of what makes the game engaging and fun.
Show

NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:42 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 3479, Firebringer wrote:I don't give a shit what you did another game you You played a bad game and I will call you out on it and then you want to wave around a flag of "I won it doesn't matter how and I will celebrate it" when literally its like you won a football game where the opposing team let you make touchdowns so that you could win.

If you want to dance around with your hands in the air that you won, go fucking ahead but the truth of the matter is their is zero pride in winning a game where none of your skill was put to the test or even used.

If I go win a fight against someone who doesn't fight back there is no feeling of success or victory in it. Its just a thing that happened. Its empty.

So go ahead and celebrate your empty victory. If you believe you challenged yourself to an extent that this victory tested your skills all I can do is laugh at you and say "Good job Nico. You really showed me that you have no skill".
Fact of the matter is that you have impossibly high standards as to what 'playing well' entails.

Like, even if I played the best game ever, like I did during 1936, you would still find some fault with it, wouldn't you?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:42 am

Post by Varsoon »

If the winning strategy is to not post, I'm curious why people even play games.
We really need to promote a site-meta of engagement and content production if we want to avoid situations where players just don't play.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:46 am

Post by NicoRobin »

"I, Firebringer, have impossibly high standards and I have dedicated myself to finding faults with everyone, even if they play the best game ever and will never acknowledge their efforts no matter how hard they try."
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:47 am

Post by NicoRobin »

^That's you. That's what you're essentially doing.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

Eh, you could just take the critique at face-value regardless of what Firebringer's stance or ethos is.
No point in getting upset with FB or defensive of your play--neither of those things is going to change FB's ethos.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:52 am

Post by NicoRobin »

NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:55 am

Post by NicoRobin »

That said, will ignore him from now on, because you're right, nothing will change between us and nothing good will come of it.
I, Firebringer, have impossibly high standards and I have dedicated myself to finding faults with everyone, even if they play the best game ever and will never acknowledge their efforts no matter how hard they try
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3483, NicoRobin wrote:Fact of the matter is that you have impossibly high standards as to what 'playing well' entails.Like, even if I played the best game ever, like I did during 1936, you would still find some fault with it, wouldn't you?
Having higher standards is objectively better than having low standards. I have no idea why you think I should lower standards for you. These standards that I am applying are standards I apply to myself.

If you think they are ridiculous then you should know that. Theres very few scum games I am insanely proud of winning. Most are a mixture of "well I did x good but I should have done a,b,c,d better". I am very critical of my town games too.

Frankly I think you are proud and want to celebrate shit that makes a you worse player. And from my stance you want praise for participation award level things. The bare minimum stuff that I would see as "not worthy of praise or attention". If I did the same things in a game no one would praise me or congratulate me, nor should they. But they do for you because that's how people think of you. They have such low opinion of you that they see even something so small and are like "Good job! Amazing Nico!", and I just have to look and say why are you okay with this bad praise? Why do you embrace it?

Its embarrassing how condescending people are and treat you like you are a little kid who successfully did something anyone can do but since its you its something "amazing". No. I expect better, I want you to do better and I will continue to push you to do better because you aren't a child, and you can be easily at my level if you apply yourself and do the work, but you aren't going to do the work if I never expect better from you.
Show

NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:00 am

Post by NicoRobin »

So look at this game

The winning strategy is to plunge into it headfirst

and tell me what did I do wrong there?
I, Firebringer, have impossibly high standards and I have dedicated myself to finding faults with everyone, even if they play the best game ever and will never acknowledge their efforts no matter how hard they try
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 am

Post by NicoRobin »

If you really want me to become better, then out with it: what did I do wrong in that game? I was active, I did everything in my power to win and I caught scum with my own skill, not piggybacking on someone else's thoughts/sheeping someone else.

So again. What did I do wrong in that game?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:03 am

Post by Firebringer »

I am not going to look at another game nico, I am talking about this game. I am done responding to you about this game also btw. Take whatever you like from everything I said.

If you want to continue with your self defense mechanism you can do so at your own leisure.
Show

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Well, Nico had a ... weird role.
And got falsecleared.
Let's just say, Nico, that your play
here
should not be an inspiration for your general scum play. Here it was good enough considering the circumstances(The game was... actually pretty unfair for town because of the low mod activity and long holiday breaks).
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:08 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 3493, Firebringer wrote:I am not going to look at another game nico, I am talking about this game. I am done responding to you about this game also btw. Take whatever you like from everything I said.

If you want to continue with your self defense mechanism you can do so at your own leisure.
Well, you need a reality check too. You just said I am not a perfect player and cannot become one overnight. And yet you're expecting me to magically become one. That's just not gonna happen, at least not instantly.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:11 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 3493, Firebringer wrote:I am not going to look at another game nico, I am talking about this game. I am done responding to you about this game also btw. Take whatever you like from everything I said.

And yeah, no, I am not gonna let you ignore the best game I played so far just so you can continue to be a condescending asshole.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:28 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Well, that was a fun game. It's nice to finally get my first win as scum :D

I think y'all will find the scum PT an interesting read (it's 15 pages). The town definitely played well given the circumstances but too many mistakes were made and we were able to exploit them and manipulate them to our advantage. Just about everything went our way during this game with the only real exception being the open night phase where we were expecting RC to face more criticism after Varsoon's flip and for Kokichi to actually get lynched thereafter - both of which were easy to work with.

jjh, I really liked the role madness aspect of this game. It was incredibly fun to think about how we needed to use each role and how we could counter what we knew others were doing. I really appreciate the effort you put into designing that. Unfortunately, the mini games were pretty much directly responsible for the stagnation in the game since it made people not want to use their vote until the minigames were over. Everyone then either had their minigame PM, was dead, or didn't really care about winning another minigame which kinda devalued the entire system. Though, of course, that's not something you could have predicted. The best minigame (in my opinion) was definitely the battleships one. I'm glad that my strategy there was a winning one. I look forward to your next game since I've thoroughly enjoyed the last 2 games that you've hosted :P
I mostly just lurk now.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Lmao there's a Rick and Morty screenshot out there that perfectly encapsulates what I think about this argument :lol:

This is my last mafia game as a player, although I will still be sticking around to mod games. Playing mafia is just... Not for me. Actively observing is way more entertaining and also way less likely to give me an aneurysm.

Regardless of how little I deserved the victory, it wasn't our fault that town imploded on itself so I'm still counting it as a victory. Going out on a high note woot woot! :D
Boop.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I would love to see that screenshot. I hope I am morty in it.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”