Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 699, Firebringer wrote:i thought nsg was scumreading me for sarcastic poke at her for what i believe as bad reasons to townread someone, which i have done as scum in games where she modded. I think she has seen me do that at least 2 times and might think "scum tell". So her responding with a scumread on me completely made sense to me.
I'm having difficulty finding this event :c
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 204, northsidegal wrote:-shrug-

it's just something of a tone read, i guess. i liked as feeling natural. i'm certain it's not a good thing to townread things like this, but i also think typically comes from town.
In post 205, Firebringer wrote:If Varsoon makes another wall post or anyone quotes one again I'm replacing out. I dont know what kind of stupid bullshit this is but I refuse to believe that any mod gives the post restriction of "you have to quote and reply to EVERY post". I also flat out refuse to read any of those because the ratio of meaningless noise to actual information is astronomical. I'm on mobile and it takes me a few minutes to just scroll past them, let alone bother to read them, and I couldn't even reply until we got to a page without a wall on it because there was so much fucking text on my screen that it slowed my phone to a crawl and only allowed me to type about 1 character per 5 seconds.

So yeah that's basically where I'm at thanks for letting me rage I love you all but no seriously stop it
here was him poking fun at me for townreading you for

he's somewhat right in that i would consider that post from him to be mildly scum indicative. apart from that i also think that a lot of the way that he talked to varsoon earlier today seemed like he actually knew he was town while he was meant to be scumreading him – for example, telling him to stop doing things that'll make the game worse in some way (e.g. more toxic) whereas i would imagine that someone scumreading varsoon would simply point to those things and say "these are scum motivated".
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i thought it was pretty explicit when i was talking to varsoon i wasn't engaging him on what alignment i thought he was and didn't think it was relevant to alignment to talk about how he was approaching it and he should stop regardless.

but if you want to read my alignment from that, go for it.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:43 pm

Post by northsidegal »

that's fair and i don't think that doing that is something that you shouldn't do as town or that always comes from scum

things fall apart
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by Firebringer »

so what u think of my townread on u?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Firebringer »

better question:
how do you think i would approach ur read as town or scum in this scenario?
Show

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i didn't really take it as AI one way or the other. i don't really have much of a theory for how you would approach me as scum vs as town, although i would say that i wouldn't really expect you to scumread me if you were scum.

things fall apart
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i likely wouldn't scumread u as scum.
why do you think that though?
Show

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i feel like most people who are relatively familiar with me typically don't scumread me unless i'm playing a particularly lurky game. i also think that most people who are relatively familiar with me would rather try to pocket me and "work with me" or something similar rather than antagonizing or distancing themselves from me.

i also -imagine- that you are the type of person who, as scum, might keep people around just based on enjoying their presence, perhaps moreso than for any strategic reason. would you disagree?

things fall apart
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i don't disagree with that very much.
though i think more of its harder for me to manufacture fake scumreads on a player such as urself without giving a lot superficial bs to it which i think you could easily tear into

also i am trying to pocket u right now with this engagement.
don't think its working, might have to go to plan b.

and i would keep people around if i enjoy them as scum but if theres a consensus usually i just hop on while bitching about it.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Firebringer »

plan b involves name calling until u townread me.
Show

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by MariaR »

What's your issue.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 696, Firebringer wrote:I would do same to maria but i am not going to even bother engaging her about this.
Show

mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:49 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 568, Varsoon wrote:You know how someone wins this shit in 30 minutes?
They crack a plan with their team that each of them solves 15 scavenger hunt items then one person submits the list.
If he had on-the-ball help from town neighbors that are pocketed into the plan, it's even easier.

The only other way someone does that shit in 30 flat is if they're literally camping the thread for the game reveal in order to snipe it AS FAST AS POSSIBLE

You know who co-ordinates that level of making sure other people don't get power?
Scum.

I saw it happen before in a game that I modded.
Who do you think was involved in this plan? For this plan to work all scum involved would need to be online at the same time in order to help each other out. What do you think of the various people claiming whether or not they attempted the challenge or were present when the mini game was announced?
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:04 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 593, Varsoon wrote:Look, it's perfectly plausible that RC got all 40 correct completely on their own, rompers and all, in 31 minutes. I just don't think that sort of thing comes from town when coupled with how RC is approaching this game.
So are you saying that, given RCs lack of effort in the thread, the sudden burst of motivation to win the challenge is indicative that he may be scum? Whilst I don't think RCs behavior in the thread is AI in the slightest, I can see what you'd be saying here as I do think that, in a scum team with RC, RC would be the one who'd be chosen to 'snipe' the mini game as he'd have confidence in himself to wiggle his way out of any criticism faced over it.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:47 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 639, Varsoon wrote:I don't think town gets a day-neighborizer on D1 in this setup.
Do you not think that it's far more likely that his role is just a limited shot neighbouriser (that can be used anytime) that RC just decided to use immediately like someone like him would do?
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:53 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 663, Not Known 15 wrote:Ok. I think this might be the scumteam:
MariaR, Radiant Cowbells, Firebringer

Who disagrees?
Me. If I could shoot 3 people right now then I'd only shoot 1 from this list at most.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:02 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I really can't see why people scum read firebringer tbh. I don't recall anything overly town about him but he's never said anything that's irked me. I'm currently of the opinion that if FB AND RC != scum team then FB != scum.
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That’s a needlessly convoluted way to say if one of RC and FB are scum you don’t think it’s FB
FoS: mutantdevle
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:09 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 715, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 639, Varsoon wrote:I don't think town gets a day-neighborizer on D1 in this setup.
Do you not think that it's far more likely that his role is just a limited shot neighbouriser (that can be used anytime) that RC just decided to use immediately like someone like him would do?
The point stands. Town doesn't get that role in this setup if I had designed the setup. I didn't, though, so I have to keep that in mind and not let this outweigh/bias me on reading RC otherwise.
In post 714, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 593, Varsoon wrote:Look, it's perfectly plausible that RC got all 40 correct completely on their own, rompers and all, in 31 minutes. I just don't think that sort of thing comes from town when coupled with how RC is approaching this game.
So are you saying that, given RCs lack of effort in the thread, the sudden burst of motivation to win the challenge is indicative that he may be scum? Whilst I don't think RCs behavior in the thread is AI in the slightest, I can see what you'd be saying here as I do think that, in a scum team with RC, RC would be the one who'd be chosen to 'snipe' the mini game as he'd have confidence in himself to wiggle his way out of any criticism faced over it.
Pretty much. Especially given that we didn't know who would win or not.
Imagine if the winner wasn't revealed? RC could continue to just lurk in the shadows.
Honestly, the fact RC apparently had no problem clearing this check in 20 minutes (could've been something like 15 if not for minesweeper) indicates that unless we lynch RC, RC's liable to win every single minigame after this if they have the same weakness of design, meaning that RC basically just controls all the power of this game. This is not something I'd even trust with town RC, but the high likelihood that RC is scum here based on play alone means that leaving RC unchecked means giving scum fully upgraded roles.

@MOD: If someone wins a minigame but gifts the power from it, is it made public knowledge who they gifted it to?
For instance, RadiantCowbells won the last minigame--if they had decided to give the minigame power unlock to someone else, would that have been made public as well?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:10 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Actually, I think a NSG-FB scum team would make sense but I don't scum read NSG so that's not anything to apply to FB. So basically I'd rather RC be lynched before FB unless NSG flips scum. But I have no interest in any of that right now and my point is that I don't think we should be voting for FB.
I mostly just lurk now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 717, mutantdevle wrote:I really can't see why people scum read firebringer tbh. I don't recall anything overly town about him but he's never said anything that's irked me. I'm currently of the opinion that if FB AND RC != scum team then FB != scum.
You don't think scum would actively avoid stepping on town toes in order to avoid catching flak/attention?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:21 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 721, Varsoon wrote:
In post 717, mutantdevle wrote:I really can't see why people scum read firebringer tbh. I don't recall anything overly town about him but he's never said anything that's irked me. I'm currently of the opinion that if FB AND RC != scum team then FB != scum.
You don't think scum would actively avoid stepping on town toes in order to avoid catching flak/attention?
Of course they would if they wanted to play safely. But I don't get the impression that FB is doing that. I also don't think that, from my limited experience, that FB is the kind of person that favours playing safe. Additionally, by the logic that you have just given me, you are suggesting that the main people you think that FB is interacting with is scum because he's 'avoiding stepping on town's toes'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that include you?
I mostly just lurk now.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:47 am

Post by Nibbui »

Dunno

I don't really feel scum!FB strongly at all but if there is no better options for today...

What do you think of Fire here, Radiant?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:57 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 723, Nibbui wrote:I don't really feel scum!FB strongly at all but if there is no better options for today...
VOTE: Radiant Cowbells
How about this option?
They won a minigame and unlocked a power, yet they are absolutely suspect in their behaviour, including, as mutant and Varsoon correctly pointed out, in their motivation(putting much effort into a minigame but not putting any good effort to help town catching scum). It is exactly that FB gets too much heat for their position that makes me nervous to lynch them - while Radiant Cowbells absolutely belongs lynched with their extra power but doesn't get pushed as they should.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”