Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1951, Boonskiies wrote:Something_Smart has been lynched! He was a...

Welcome,
Something_Smart
, you are a
Mafia Compulsive Weak Doctor

Abilities:

• At night, you
must
target a player. You will protect them from any night kill during the night.
• If you target a player without a Pro-Town wincon, you will die.
• Your private thread is here.

Win condition:

You win when you control at least 50% of the population or if this situation can no longer be prevented.

Game thread is here. Confirm by replying to this PM with your role name.
Clever. I like it a lot.
Btw I think I want to try being the mod of BT9, but I’d need to finish my current game. I have my own role I’d like to submit to the Boon Bank btw.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1957, Boonskiies wrote:So do the new guidelines for the BooneyToonz series work? I plan on overtime changing what roles are in the Boon Bank. The theme queue gives me for variety while still playing like a regular game.
They were scary at first but this should be a good reference point for the future of the series
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:09 am

Post by ChibiBear »

In post 1974, profii wrote:I’m pretty sure that’s what I said in the dead thread

Also if you do that, let’s hydra :cool:
That reminds me I need to read the dead thread.

I would be honoured to hydra with you good sir! :D

OK wait I need emphasise how terribly I did in this game lemme find the post.
Boop.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:14 am

Post by ChibiBear »

In post 1535, ChibiBear wrote:Ok reads list time now that we're well into D2:

Lamees - Duh.
UnaBomba - All the PR stuff checks out, would be shocked if he is not town.

Tchill - Visitor thing makes sense, his reaction towards the end of the tunnelling on him felt legit.
Alonzo - Bunyip thing makes sense.

Gamma - Claimed role seems too strange to be a fakeclaim but that's just me. A somewhat town feel overall.
Invisibility - What. Leaning town but only barely.

FormerFish - Unsure. His stumbling with the PRs was questionable but his realisation and apology felt genuine? Not entirely sure what to make of him, might have to go back and reread that whole thing.

Kokichi - Impossible to read but my gut feeling is not good.
Profii - First wagon analysis was concerning. Second analysis wall was better-ish. Appears to be trying hard to solve the game and yet I don't have a good feeling about him. There is a bad scenario I'm half-anticipating because of certain things he has said, but hopefully I'm just overthinking so I'd rather not discuss it unless I actually see it begin to unfold.

Chateau/Shortaru - Grouping together because between these 2 I think there's a
very
good chance that 1 is scum. My money is on Short right now.

Pedit: I agree! :lol:
I made this post shortly before Short was lynched and flipped town and then Prof and CL both died and flipped town.

I actually laughed out loud in real life at how goddamn awful my reads were :lol:

But in the very end I got it right so it's ok :D
Boop.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:21 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1976, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1957, Boonskiies wrote:So do the new guidelines for the BooneyToonz series work? I plan on overtime changing what roles are in the Boon Bank. The theme queue gives me for variety while still playing like a regular game.
They were scary at first but this should be a good reference point for the future of the series
Yeah, I knew it was going to come across as a lot at first, but I think it’s incredibly easy once like you get the hang of it.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Boonskiies »

It also allows other people to mod the games, I feel, which is super cool, and we can like create some sort of discussion thread with it.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1975, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1951, Boonskiies wrote:Something_Smart has been lynched! He was a...

Welcome,
Something_Smart
, you are a
Mafia Compulsive Weak Doctor

Abilities:

• At night, you
must
target a player. You will protect them from any night kill during the night.
• If you target a player without a Pro-Town wincon, you will die.
• Your private thread is here.

Win condition:

You win when you control at least 50% of the population or if this situation can no longer be prevented.

Game thread is here. Confirm by replying to this PM with your role name.
Clever. I like it a lot.
Btw I think I want to try being the mod of BT9, but I’d need to finish my current game. I have my own role I’d like to submit to the Boon Bank btw.
For the Boon Bank, I was trying to use roles that have been seen before, yet were old variants, so I’m definitely looking into mixing up the Boon Bank roles.

Like StickyFruit Vendor is likely to get the boot, alongside maybe Cleric.

Bunyip is almost at the level where it can almost be brought up to the free game position, since it isn’t too crazy of a role.

So yeah, I think discussion about that is fair game. I’ll make a discussion thread about the series sometime soon.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:00 am

Post by profii »

Just noticed the scum thread has been released - missed that before

This game is an interesting example of how bad a scum bus for town cred can be

Granted the mitigating factor of it being the most powerful PR but in any other game scum wont control that I suppose
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I tried.

Sorry to everyone who had to suffer through Chateau and shortaru. When I was following along, I figured both were town (Chateau especially was obvtown) but if I had replaced in earlier, I might have honestly advocated for lynching Chateau just to shut him up.

Happy ScumDay!
Last edited by Boonskiies on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I also think since the next game or 2 of BooneyToonz is going to be modded by someone else, I might finally try to run a Micro/Semi-Open setup game.

It's not mafia exactly, but it's a game I created back in 2014 that has actually been through the ringer in face to face mafia, originally created to try and play Mafia when we only had 3 people. It isn't Mafia, but it is mafia adjacent, and requires multiple rounds for it to actually be good, but I've wanted to try it online for a while now.

I think I'm going to playtest it in the Micro queue soon. Probably 6 players, and a point system so technically it's individual performance based.

In face 2 face, I don't play points, but I feel it makes sense to do it with points here. I've tested it with points in person, though.

I may eventually try to package it into a board game like how One Night Werewolf or Resistance are packaged (I have a couple board game ideas as well), so I've been wanting to playtest it more.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:37 am

In post 1983, Something_Smart wrote:
Happy ScumDay!

I definitely want to play more with the Boon crew. I've been busy with my internship but come next semester I'll be ready to roll.

I do want to keep out of the multiball games though... I very much appreciated Boon confirming that this game was singleball :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:23 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1985, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1983, Something_Smart wrote:
Happy ScumDay!

I definitely want to play more with the Boon crew. I've been busy with my internship but come next semester I'll be ready to roll.

I do want to keep out of the multiball games though... I very much appreciated Boon confirming that this game was singleball :P
I actually think BooneyToonz III and VI were pretty great as far as multiball goes. Those were my large games. But for the most part, I think personally as a mod, I'd like to confirm single/multi more.

I catered hard towards making sure my multiball games were unique, though, for players who do enjoy Multiball, because there's an untapped market in that scenario.

I think the Checklist part of the guidelines worked out really well here, as it just adds the potential for more layers.

You're a Boon Babe now, SS. Haha.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Boonskiies »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=77822

also, it's nowhere near finished right now, but I made the BooneyToonz Discussion thread. Might rename it later.

I'm going to add a bunch of stuff to it over the day, like links to all the games, the guidelines, ideas for Boon Bank roles and what not, and the guidelines can be updated as we go along with doing BooneyToonz games.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:57 am

I don't know about III, but the setup for VI was interesting. I was annoyed more by the way the game played out than the setup itself, but multiball allowed the game to play out that way.

I just think multiball makes it a lot easier for the incompetence of a few people to have a big effect on the flow of the game.

We can keep discussing this in the BooneyToonz thread if you want.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:08 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 1982, profii wrote:Just noticed the scum thread has been released - missed that before

This game is an interesting example of how bad a scum bus for town cred can be

Granted the mitigating factor of it being the most powerful PR but in any other game scum wont control that I suppose
Ppl bus just to bus. Which actually defeats the purpose of bussing altogether.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1988, Something_Smart wrote:I don't know about III, but the setup for VI was interesting. I was annoyed more by the way the game played out than the setup itself, but multiball allowed the game to play out that way.

I just think multiball makes it a lot easier for the incompetence of a few people to have a big effect on the flow of the game.

We can keep discussing this in the BooneyToonz thread if you want.
Fair point.

Definitely take it to the BooneyToonz discussion thread! Haha.

Everyone feel welcomed to go post on the BooneyToonz Discussion thread. It's in Mafia Discussion.

The thread has a lot of blank space still, but I'm working on it!

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”