UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:26 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

It sucks then.
There is no autowin.
We actually have to work for reads today. :yawn:

The problem with games that start well often ends up being the fact that there's very little to read into.
Game devolves into claims/claimed night-actions only.
So when we run out of those, we are suddenly dumbfounded. :]

I'm still thinking FF/SS, and since I have a bad habit of getting paranoid, I'm trying to get into a habit of tunneling instead.. :roll:
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1865, ChibiBear wrote:I had the chance to hammer way before anyone claimed any of that stuff. But like yeah SS seems real determined not to clear me so let's just keep going or whatever but I'm going to sleep soon
Yeah I should probably reread that part, it does sound familiar now that you mention it

But, you are right that I don't want to clear you. Even if you could have hammered before any actions were claimed, there's always the possibility that Lamees comes in during twilight and says "Wtf I confirmed myself to Chibi and she hammered me, instalynch her tomorrow."

And also... it's you or FF. And I really don't think it's FF. Even with bussing tactics considered, it's dumb to give up the trust that Tchill had... and I think Tchill played around FF's claim far too ineptly for it to be planned.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Well I know it's not me so it's you or FF. And because of going back through Tchill's actions I also am not leaning towards FF anymore.

Alonzo, can you link me to that post you mentioned yesterday?
Boop.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Yeah I think I'm happy voting for SS today, it would make sense for him to be scum.

The conftown players seem to have all figured out that I'm town which means that as it is, we'll lynch FF and SS one today and one tomorrow which would guarantee a town win, so he needs to cast doubt on me and get me back into the lynching pool.

VOTE: SS
Boop.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Spoiler:
In post 699, Invisibility wrote:hi alonzo
In post 992, Alonzo wrote:A classic Invisibility Iso from Invisibilty there.

Town lean based on the OMG how awesome it would be if he bussed TW as scum from that point.
In post 986, Alonzo wrote:
In post 56, Formerfish wrote:My head is pounding. I have such a bad hangover right now. I think I'm going to go crawl into a hole and die.
Gotta re read FF in context of a few games, will take a bit longer and It'd be great to see his reaction to this current status quo first.

(processing)
In post 1081, Alonzo wrote:I'v had Tchill pushing me because alphabetical order

Shorty pushing me for having no posts then you come along like there Enabler and vote me.

2 others have also hopped on and off me including mr FF is Scum and Mrs nonon FF is Town...

So yeah If I dont know WTF to think of you in this game yet forgive me....
In post 1143, Alonzo wrote:
In post 1126, Formerfish wrote:
In post 1118, Alonzo wrote:1080?
Yes. That is a post where I said stuff. What is your issue with me right now? I voted you because I don't think your play has been town. I think town you works more with me. Town you isn't so obstinate with me.
I am working with you, or trying.

You are kind of exasperating me in this one so far which whilst in line with town meta, is pretty frustrating.

Like you compared me with you Ex girlfriend for starters, whom unless she has a profile we can ISO shouldn't really be a factor in the thinking.... then proceeded to mention me negatively several times since...

Back on topic, I'm counting 4 TPRs, so whatdya wanna do about that?

So Invis dissapeared outta the game for 8 or 9 pages, then didn't post until after I'd given him a town!pass.
Upon re read I see Invis actually posted more than I recalled. At the time tho, I was sensing he became too focused on Short maybe??
Some posts appear Townie on the re read.

I put the FF interactions in there as they also seemed strange at the time. I cant tell If its because he didn't read chronologically before he replied to me or what but the sentiment was I came away not TRing FF as hard as I was expecting.

I have (redacted) with both, from which I can hand on heart tell you it could be Either fucking slot!
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Alonzo »

I think 1081 would be the crux of my issue with FF.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Chibi the way you were telling it it sounded like you completely shut down the prospect of lynching Lamees but it doesn't really look like that...
In post 181, ChibiBear wrote:I read it, and I also think it looks hella suspicious but I want to hear what Lamees has to say about it before she gets lynched. If her explanation is awful then we continue from there. Full on scum slipping 25 posts into a game would be hilarious but there's a chance we're misreading it or something.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Um yeah what else was I supposed to do, just out her as a PR without her permission? I pushed multiple times against her lynch throughout that whole piasco.
Boop.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Fiasco*

Hah, piasco. Amazing.

Also at that point I didn't actually know why I received a pm stating that she was town since I received it with no context. I suspected that it was because she has some sort of PR but I had no way of being sure that it wasn't me who has some sort of unknown power or something since this setup is pretty confusing. All I knew what that I had to stop her from getting lynched without making me look too weird.
Boop.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Since I knew for sure she was town all I needed to do was delay it until she came back to explain why she said what she did, obviously I would want to achieve that without outing the fact that I had extra information if it was avoidable.
Boop.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

In post 1881, Something_Smart wrote:Chibi the way you were telling it it sounded like you completely shut down the prospect of lynching Lamees but it doesn't really look like that...
In post 181, ChibiBear wrote:I read it, and I also think it looks hella suspicious but I want to hear what Lamees has to say about it before she gets lynched. If her explanation is awful then we continue from there. Full on scum slipping 25 posts into a game would be hilarious but there's a chance we're misreading it or something.
If I had said 'I don't think it looks suspicious at all' and then was unable to explain why I thought that (which I would not have been able to do since I did not in fact have any explanation as to why she said it) it would have made me look pretty freaking weird wouldn't it. I had to make myself sound reasonable, and it worked out.
Boop.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:58 pm

I mean the pressure on her was because of something that was a typo but that looked like a slip... you could just say "that was obviously a typo, this push is dumb". That's what I would have done.

But it's pretty clear from your response that you do genuinely think that was the best town way to play it, which means it's something you would have done as either alignment.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Because it didn't look like a typo to me? Kokichi actually made that exact argument and I think that it wasn't very good even though we were technically on the same side of the argument.

Well I've explained my entire thought process behind the situation, and I think that it should pretty clearly show that I am town. If you don't see it, then there's not much else I can do. But there's like a a more than 50% chance you're scum imo so I guess I don't expect you to.
Boop.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:12 pm

The thing is, I don't see why you wouldn't act the same way as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:13 pm

I can see how your posts could come from a town mindset, sure. But that's only half of it.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by ChibiBear »

Ok, that's fine with me. I'm just explaining why I did what I did.

Off to lunch, talk to y'all later!
Boop.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Vote Count 4.02

Something Smart [2]:
Alonzo, ChibiBear

Not Voting [4]:
UnaBombah, Gamma Emerald, Something_Smart, Formerfish

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline ends in
(expired on 2018-11-23 12:00:00)
on
November 23rd.

Mod Notes:
:lol:
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by Alonzo »

VOTE: FF

A mob has formed.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1888, Something_Smart wrote:The thing is, I don't see why you wouldn't act the same way as scum.
In a vacuum it could be either alignment. But Lamees was at L-1 at the time, and Chibi could have BSed a reason to vote.
Not sure if I trust your attempt to challenge a lockdown read.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:20 am

That's dumb.

I'll challenge whatever I want if I don't think it's sound, and I'm always correct to do so even if the conclusion turns out to be right.

Just because she COULD have acted a different way as scum doesn't mean she WOULD have. If scum-Chibi votes Lamees she's risking everything on the hope that (a) nobody saw Lamees visit her and (b) Lamees doesn't have time to claim her visit before the lock.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 1892, Alonzo wrote:
VOTE: FF

A mob has formed.
How do my actions say scum to you this game? Why turn on tchill like that if I was? You think that was all scum theater?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: Ss

It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Chibi is clear based off play, I've come to that conclusion. Everyone else is a TR regardless of PR claim, except una, that's the only one I'm unsure of.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Alonzo »

I didn't say it was a large or particularly intimidating mob...
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Alonzo »

Unless its within unas remit to fool me, i have a confirmed vanilla result on una
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1897, Alonzo wrote:I didn't say it was a large or particularly intimidating mob...
What was the point of that then?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”