mini 2051: tree's dump blitz - game over !!!

apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 142, Taly wrote:They also reevaluate their reads; and if I had to townbloc someone, this would currently be my only choice - but it's something.
Taly, what does "soulread" mean?

I'm still thinking Enter might be town, especially because he really does seem genuinely convinced of Trekkie being scum. I think his desire to quickly help Taly establish a core of town people is misguided because I don't think that Taly is/should be townread by everybody, and because it seems like he's trying to insert himself into that group of people.

If it were up to me at this point, I'd probably kill in one of xyzzy or northsidegal.
sometimes i want to rest
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 200, apthet wrote:
In post 142, Taly wrote:They also reevaluate their reads; and if I had to townbloc someone, this would currently be my only choice - but it's something.
Taly, what does "soulread" mean?

I'm still thinking Enter might be town, especially because he really does seem genuinely convinced of Trekkie being scum. I think his desire to quickly help Taly establish a core of town people is misguided because I don't think that Taly is/should be townread by everybody, and because it seems like he's trying to insert himself into that group of people.

If it were up to me at this point, I'd probably kill in one of xyzzy or northsidegal.
My intent w/ the town block isn't to keep those people in it from being suspicion, but to keep the Jury from making mistakes like they did yesterday and to help focus our efforts via minimization of confusion. If we were all talking about everything that seemed scummy to us, it would hard to collect enough data on a single person to have their lynch. Every time anyone made a scummy mistake, someone would be likely to catch it and try to have them lynched for it, and since town makes scummy looking posts all the time, we would never get anywhere. I've found it is much easier to find scum when they feel comfortable and are allowed to have a consistent pattern of posts lacking in town motivation. Very rarely have I seen scum caught off a single post, and very rarely do I see scum make very scummy posts.

After looking back at Taly's responses to me I significantly doubted (and still doubt) my town read on him, but I refuse to examine him as scum for now until I'm certain that the pool outside the established town block, because I feel that would be distracting for the other players. I've found that through methodical examination of players in various groups, it becomes easy to find who you trust and who you don't by looking at the method and reason behind the way they play.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:29 pm

Post by Enter »

I apologize for my absence at day end, I'm a bit ashamed of how brashly I lost control earlier, so I'm just taking a break for today. I'll reexamine in the morning.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:36 pm

Post by schadd_ »

replacing Child
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:09 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Omniste replaces Child
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by schadd_ »

prodding northsidegal and xyzzy
free darius mccollum

Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:28 pm

Post by Enter »

Inb4 NSG comes back from prod to be lynched.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:08 am

Post by xyzzy »

henlo everybody

I keep thinking "oh well not much time has passed since I last posted and not much has happened in the thread since then" but it turns out it's been a couple days and a lot has happened! I will make a big post soon but I wanna get breakfast first, okay
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by Taly »

I'll get to the thread tomorrow indefinitely :)
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I was gonna make a long post but tbh nothing has happened that's all that interesting in the last page or two and my eyes glaze over whenever I try getting anything out of it
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:38 pm

Post by schadd_ »

northsidegal has been lynched ! she was
mafia

From Flicker:
Lynching Bambi Jay was just a lynch on Clemency. His ISO was very empty, and I though there might be some credence to the theory that scum was less active. I also hoped that lynching someone inactive would get everyone else to post more. I thought there might be some slight information to be gotten on xyzzy and DarkLightA relative to their reads on Clemency, but I was wrong (partly because DarkLightA got replaced, partly because I was maybe grasping at straws in the absence of any scumreads). The timing of our votes and the hammer probably made the lynch harder to understand, but I'm also sorry if you thought it was a bad lynch. Not being able to interact is harder than I thought it would be.

Lynching nsg was from a combination of factors. First, I feel like there has to be scum in the 1v1s of Enter/Trekkie99 and Tony/nsg, because I don't think both scum are in xyzzy, apthet, and Taly right now. Of those, I feel the most strongly that Trekkie99 is town, especially because he feels different than in Newbie 1901, which is the last game I played, where he replaced into a scum slot. I felt like Enter could be scum, but that read has cooled based on his recent posts and discussion with my jury-mates. That leaves Tony and nsg. I feel like nsg is scummier, based on her ISO having a lot of theory posts and her scumread of Trekkie. My only hesitation is that five people have scumread her, which is possibly too high a number, but it's also the strongest consensus, and people have been wanting lynchpools and such to be a factor in our votes, so your wish is our command, I guess.

My feeling is that if nsg isn't scum, then xyzzy, apthet, and Tony would be my new pool of suspects. I don't really have anything else to say, except that if everyone could post more I'd really appreciate it. Maybe not huge walls or more than four or five posts in a row (looking at you, Enter), but if everyone could at least have reads lists that they update as they change (even if your list still has nulls or you're not very certain), that would be nice.

From Omniste⁚

Hey all.

I didn’t strongly view nsg as scum but there were things that bothered me in her play. I had no real problem with her set-up spec and pretty much agreed with it, but I haven’t been too impressed with nsg read wise and figured in lieu of her doing looking more town, she made sense as the go-to lynch. Most players have her in their scum lists and I mostly want to move the game-state forward. I have more detailed reasoning in the pt, but there’s not much merit to talking about until post-game. Sorry if you were town, nsg.

I have a few questions/comments/concerns I’d like addressed. We can’t have a back and forth about it, but I’ll definitely be reading it.

Trekkie is being cased as mafia but I’m not seeing it. The big points against him are that his reads are shallow (sure) and that he’s asking useless questions. This isn’t terrible, but it isn’t compelling to me. I thought some of Trekkie’s early posts were pretty bold for a player who’s never been town outside of a three player meme game. 53 was a pretty bold response. 74 and 76 looked pretty town as well to me. nsg’s post about trekkie’s fearlessness in the face of the jury being fake felt shaky. That seems more like a personality thing than a mafia/town thing.

I’m not completely closed off to lynching Trekkie, but the current arguments aren’t doing it for me, sorry.

Enter, I agree there isn’t much depth to Trekkie’s posting. What do you feel like he’d be doing differently? You mentioned earlier that you played with trekkie in the 3p meme lylo game and you clearly don’t have a high opinion of his play. In light of that, it feels like your confidence is forced.

xyzzy please post more thanks.

We’re not going to bind ourselves exactly to who town wants to lynch but it factors heavily in our considerations, for what it’s worth.

And yeah, that’s pretty much it. Good luck town and see you post-game I guess.
free darius mccollum

Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Post by Enter »

A couple points I wanted to hit quick, and I'll get to this (and the rest of the game) more in depth later. (I know that's a lot of promises, I apologize)
Of those, I feel the most strongly that Trekkie99 is town, especially because he feels different than in Newbie 1901, which is the last game I played, where he replaced into a scum slot.
Keep in mind, as far as my experiences have gone, replacing into a game and starting a game result in very different styles of play, and a one game sample is not very large at all, especially since people often intentionally play different from game to game sometimes (I do.)
Maybe not huge walls or more than four or five posts in a row (looking at you, Enter), but if everyone could at least have reads lists that they update as they change (even if your list still has nulls or you're not very certain), that would be nice.
I tried to avoid this, and people (Taly) yelled at me. :/ Don't read them if you don't want. I've only posted them this game because I'm certain that I will
Trekkie is being cased as mafia but I’m not seeing it. The big points against him are that his reads are shallow (sure) and that he’s asking useless questions. This isn’t terrible, but it isn’t compelling to me. I thought some of Trekkie’s early posts were pretty bold for a player who’s never been town outside of a three player meme game. 53 was a pretty bold response. 74 and 76 looked pretty town as well to me. nsg’s post about trekkie’s fearlessness in the face of the jury being fake felt shaky. That seems more like a personality thing than a mafia/town thing.

I’m not completely closed off to lynching Trekkie, but the current arguments aren’t doing it for me, sorry.
The big points against him are that his reads are shallow (sure) and that he’s asking useless questions.
As per the Trekkie confusion, something people don't seem to understand (or maybe I'm failing to understand people's responses), is that I don't think of Trekkie as scum for being shallow and useless. I think he's scum because he's lacking in motivation. His failure to adequately perform in joke games is a failure on the theory side of mafia, but motivation is relatively universal (as far as I'm aware.)

When I quoted Trekkie's posts (I quoted all so you could see what I was talking about), I was showing that he fails to care about basic and important things. He fails to answer prompts given to him that further the game thread and asks questions about unimportant details. Even after being prompted a second time, his vote is still on Clemency, which is a DEAD character who wasn't even listed in his scum pool when he put it down (and he confirmed his vote was still there). He complained for two pages about not answering "questions" and when he finally did quote the singular question that I had been asked, it was one that I had already answered (and one that he could have answered himself, nonetheless).

When I play mafia and I find that I am scum, I often find myself lacking motivation to look for indications of what each player is (particularly because I don't have any reason to, I already know) and thus I find myself posting about theory and lurking (like NSG) or finding weird questions and doing my best to present activity with the least effort possible.

SO answer this: Does Trekkie's posts mimic a lack of effort to you?

The answer to that question, for me, is a hard YES. There is no way around this. Complaining about answering questions instead of asking them again if they're so important, making lists of reads that consist of names w/o reasons, making pages and pages of random comments (he talked twice to / about bambi jay, a player that didn't even post in the game), and leaving his vote on a dead player after being prompted to move it are just the few reasons that immediately come to my mind as indicating a strong lack of effort. This is why I read Trekkie as scum. Not because his posts ping my scumdar or anything he's doing is particularly scummy, it's because of what he ISN'T doing and because of the lack of motivation that seems to come from him.
You mentioned earlier that you played with trekkie in the 3p meme lylo game and you clearly don’t have a high opinion of his play. In light of that, it feels like your confidence is forced.
That was a post about his failure to adequately apply mafia theory to mafia and a spur of the moment attempt to reconcile Taly's apparent surprise at my read/post on Trekkie and my current thoughts on Trekkie. My read on Trekkie is based on a lack of motivation, not his ability.

We’re not going to bind ourselves exactly to who town wants to lynch but it factors heavily in our considerations, for what it’s worth.
I understand and agree, which is why I made the posts I did.

One thing I would really like you to understand, if you can, is that this is the hardest town game I have ever played. Not being able to have any control over the lynch whatsoever and having no in-game indication of where people stand as far as how close they are to a lynch and the like makes this game excruciatingly difficult. This is one reason I asked Trekkie to place is vote. This is also a tertiary reason why I don't like Trekkie's posting -- he complained about the lynch yesterday and then started implying people were dumb for complaining about the lynch yesterday. In addition, he was complaining about people talking to the Jury and feeling weak and powerless -- I cannot relate or imagine relating to either of these sentiments as town in shape or form. Talking to the Jury is just about the only power I feel I have, and I feel legitimately weak. Not being able to apply pressure by making someone think they're about to get lynched? That's a nightmare. Not being able to know who might be lynched? That's a nightmare. I feel like scum have no reason to recognize when they're out of line. I'm really having a hard time describing the overwhelming feeling of atrophy this game gives me as a player, so I promise if I find better words I will use them.

But Trekkie doesn't make posts that are consistent or relatable as a member of the town, and he doesn't reflect the senses I feel as far as frustration and the like due to not knowing who might be lynched/having power over the lynch, -- because it legitimately doesn't matter to him as scum.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Post by Enter »

A couple points I wanted to hit quick, and I'll get to this (and the rest of the game) more in depth later. (I know that's a lot of promises, I apologize)
Of those, I feel the most strongly that Trekkie99 is town, especially because he feels different than in Newbie 1901, which is the last game I played, where he replaced into a scum slot.
Keep in mind, as far as my experiences have gone, replacing into a game and starting a game result in very different styles of play, and a one game sample is not very large at all, especially since people often intentionally play different from game to game sometimes (I do.)
Maybe not huge walls or more than four or five posts in a row (looking at you, Enter), but if everyone could at least have reads lists that they update as they change (even if your list still has nulls or you're not very certain), that would be nice.
I tried to avoid this, and people (Taly) yelled at me. :/ Don't read them if you don't want. I've only posted them this game because I'm certain that I will

The big points against him are that his reads are shallow (sure) and that he’s asking useless questions.
As per the Trekkie confusion, something people don't seem to understand (or maybe I'm failing to understand people's responses), is that I don't think of Trekkie as scum for being shallow and useless. I think he's scum because he's lacking in motivation. His failure to adequately perform in joke games is a failure on the theory side of mafia, but motivation is relatively universal (as far as I'm aware.)

When I quoted Trekkie's posts (I quoted all so you could see what I was talking about), I was showing that he fails to care about basic and important things. He fails to answer prompts given to him that further the game thread and asks questions about unimportant details. Even after being prompted a second time, his vote is still on Clemency, which is a DEAD character who wasn't even listed in his scum pool when he put it down (and he confirmed his vote was still there). He complained for two pages about not answering "questions" and when he finally did quote the singular question that I had been asked, it was one that I had already answered (and one that he could have answered himself, nonetheless).

When I play mafia and I find that I am scum, I often find myself lacking motivation to look for indications of what each player is (particularly because I don't have any reason to, I already know) and thus I find myself posting about theory and lurking (like NSG) or finding weird questions and doing my best to present activity with the least effort possible.

SO answer this: Does Trekkie's posts mimic a lack of effort to you?

The answer to that question, for me, is a hard YES. There is no way around this. Complaining about answering questions instead of asking them again if they're so important, making lists of reads that consist of names w/o reasons, making pages and pages of random comments (he talked twice to / about bambi jay, a player that didn't even post in the game), and leaving his vote on a dead player after being prompted to move it are just the few reasons that immediately come to my mind as indicating a strong lack of effort. This is why I read Trekkie as scum. Not because his posts ping my scumdar or anything he's doing is particularly scummy, it's because of what he ISN'T doing and because of the lack of motivation that seems to come from him.
You mentioned earlier that you played with trekkie in the 3p meme lylo game and you clearly don’t have a high opinion of his play. In light of that, it feels like your confidence is forced.
That was a post about his failure to adequately apply mafia theory to mafia and a spur of the moment attempt to reconcile Taly's apparent surprise at my read/post on Trekkie and my current thoughts on Trekkie. My read on Trekkie is based on a lack of motivation, not his ability.

I understand and agree, which is why I made the posts I did.

One thing I would really like you to understand, if you can, is that this is the hardest town game I have ever played. Not being able to have any control over the lynch whatsoever and having no in-game indication of where people stand as far as how close they are to a lynch and the like makes this game excruciatingly difficult. This is one reason I asked Trekkie to place is vote. This is also a tertiary reason why I don't like Trekkie's posting -- he complained about the lynch yesterday and then started implying people were dumb for complaining about the lynch yesterday. In addition, he was complaining about people talking to the Jury and feeling weak and powerless -- I cannot relate or imagine relating to either of these sentiments as town in shape or form. Talking to the Jury is just about the only power I feel I have, and I feel legitimately weak. Not being able to apply pressure by making someone think they're about to get lynched? That's a nightmare. Not being able to know who might be lynched? That's a nightmare. I feel like scum have no reason to recognize when they're out of line. I'm really having a hard time describing the overwhelming feeling of atrophy this game gives me as a player, so I promise if I find better words I will use them.

But Trekkie doesn't make posts that are consistent or relatable as a member of the town, and he doesn't reflect the senses I feel as far as frustration and the like due to not knowing who might be lynched/having power over the lynch, -- because it legitimately doesn't matter to him as scum.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:27 pm

Post by Enter »

Sorry. I write my posts in pieces and incomplete thoughts, and don't review them before I post all the time...

What I meant to say is that I've only posted my response to every one of Trekkie to prove my point.

Also sorry for the double post.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:42 am

Post by Taly »

>_> without reading most of page 8 in depth tbh, I'm going to clarify that I actually read
Trekkie's
damn ISO.

Enter
, if you're basing your read on
Trekkie
off any previous game, could you link it? Because at the moment, there's several people I could accuse with a lack of motivation or push at the moment based off the last few days.
(apthet, xyzzy)

Omniste
most mirrored my read on
Trekkie
... provided I often strongly townread people who I think is unjustifiably scumread and pushed by most of the playerlist.
In post 210, schadd_ wrote:
Lynching nsg was from a combination of factors. First, I feel like there has to be scum in the 1v1s of Enter/Trekkie99 and Tony/nsg, because I don't think both scum are in xyzzy, apthet, and Taly right now. Of those, I feel the most strongly that Trekkie99 is town, especially because he feels different than in Newbie 1901, which is the last game I played, where he replaced into a scum slot.
I felt like Enter could be scum, but that read has cooled based on his recent posts and discussion with my jury-mates.
I'm completely on the same page with
the bolded.

I'm trying to understand
the italicized.

Time to ISO dive
North

Reads

TOWN

Trekkie

xyzzy
apthet

Tony
Enter

SCUM
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:44 am

Post by Taly »

also, I don't mean to be nitpicky or uncooperative
Enter
(because I used to do walls all the time)

but if you want me to understand your reads and opinions the best, just give very concise bullet points, and I'm not talking about just the
Trekkie
read (by the way, what are your reads on everybody but
Trekkie
?)
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:48 am

Post by Taly »

In post 200, apthet wrote:Taly, what does "soulread" mean?
It's like a gut read, but it's more subjective.

How I use it is; if I find a town trait or scum trait within myself or something I've most often seen in others, then I label that as a soul read.

I don't get them often, and they're sometimes fickle.

Reads?

(Also, bring apthet above xyzzy on my readslist)
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:51 am

Post by Taly »

I'd be much more comfortable if
Tony
made content outside of
North
right now.

actually, I'm not confident in
xyzzy
town anymore at all.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:59 am

Post by Taly »

xyzzy's
more oriented in engagement and response like his town-game.

But he was on the quick-votes/quick-push on
Trekkie
, and while he stated that votes were a good method of expressing our thoughts and pushes, he hasn't followed up much. I can't find a lot of townreads in his , and even notes that he doesn't believe
North/Tony
is TvT. But doesn't do anything much with this good bit of content aside from further stating reasons to scumread
Trekkie
and asking questions.

I can still see
xyzzy
-town but it's fading, and I want them to assert their reads.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:01 am

Post by Taly »

xyzzy
also had more "scum" and "questioning" reads than town... which doesn't strike me well in a 2:6 game.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:05 am

Post by Taly »

Yeah,
North/Tony
felt TvS

Tony/Trekkie/apthet
are my townreads

I'll ISO-dive
North
later today probably, but
xyzzy/Enter
are the lowest on the list.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:06 am

Post by Taly »

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:20 am

Post by Taly »

eh,
enter
is right above
xyzzy
now
*glares at page 8*
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:37 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

Not surprised by NSG's flip. Enter asked for a NSG lynch so it definitely gives him a stronger town lean. That or he thought NSG would go unnoticed and that the jury was focusing on someone else.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:45 am

Post by Taly »

Bare with me, I looked at
North
and found a few quotes that caught my eye.

Spoiler: Quote Dissection: Noteworthy
In post 35, northsidegal wrote:
In post 30, apthet wrote:xyzzy sounds town.
I did not opt out, but I considered it pretty strongly.
mind elaborating?
This post alone doesn't seem off, but the focus on a reason to townread
xyzzy
is more prevalent later.

Plus,
xyzzy
was pretty vocal on a means to approach this game, it doesn't make much sense that
North
asked
apthet
for an explanation and didn't follow up or add any read of
xyzzy
on her own.

Spoiler: Quote Dissection: North brushes off apthet to pursue Trekkie
In post 35, northsidegal wrote:
In post 32, Trekkie99 wrote:
In post 30, apthet wrote:xyzzy sounds town.
Awfully early to be getting reads IMO...
i disagree pretty strongly. why shade apthet for it being too early to make reads when you even asked to "get this party started"?

VOTE: trekkie
Without following up the
apthet
question,
North
strikes a vote against
Trekkie
with the argument of him
"shading
apthet
"
North
never entertained whether
Trekkie's
post was a reaction test. (As it was, solely off of
Trekkie's
"i got us out of RVS!"
post alone)

Spoiler: Quote Dissection: Distance from xyzzy while hardpushing Trekkie
In post 44, northsidegal wrote:
Now, do you have a read on
xyzzy
and any thoughts on his posts?
And why is disagreeing with warrant a vote and a scumread on him?
not really, he's pretty null.

what do you mean disagreeing with ? if you mean me disagreeing with him saying that it's too early to be getting reads, i think it's logically inconsistent to both want to get the game moving and to point out to someone that it's too early to be getting reads. i also thought just in general that his entering with a joke into later RVS and then 32 and 33 was just a really awkward series of posts.

it's not like i'm claiming some high reliability scumread, but it's enough to warrant a page 2 vote.
Only 5 words for the
xyzzy
read, which was basically nothing, despite people forming an opinion of him already.

And several sentences of saying
"
Trekkie's
scum because he's inconsistent. I mean, this isn't quite reliable but still..."

Both answers read disingenuous.
Xyzzy
was WITH you on the
Trekkie
push but you never paid attention to that - scum distancing.

Spoiler: Quote Dissection: How North-Scum makes apthet/Trekkie/Tony very likely town
In post 111, northsidegal wrote:
In post 61, Trekkie99 wrote::lol: No I'm not worried about the jury potentially scumreading me. Why should I? And yes votes do matter because they help the jury come to their conclusions.
i still just don't feel like this is a town reaction. if you're town you
should
be worried about the jury scumreading you and your own mislynch – most townies, in my experience and myself included, tend to get pretty rattled when voted incorrectly or when there's a risk of their mislynch.

this sort of nonchalance just comes across as faked
This almost conftowns
Trekkie
to me.

-
Like most any interaction
North
has had with
Tony ( - - )
and
apthet ( - )
in this game,
North
only talks about how jury, mechanics, and playstyle in this specific setup is town or scum, and nothing definitively AI. It's all situational.

- North
assumes that town WOULD be bothered by getting pushed as if that were a fact... Which covers up HER own behavior of
"you're misinterpreting me"
or
"that's not what I said"

There is NO benefit at ALL for this being a Scum/Scum interaction.

Her string of posts creates a strong dichotomy between
Trekkie/North
, which benefits NEITHER of them as a scum-duo because they have both been heavily suspected by the playerlist.

Spoiler: Quote Dissection: "why is xyzzy town?"
In post 113, northsidegal wrote:
In post 70, Taly wrote:I already said this to a degree; what do you think about my reads thus far?
i like your apthet townread and as i'm sure you know still somewhat disagree with your trekkie townread

elaborate on xyzzy town? i don't really disagree (i'm townleaning him), i just want to hear your reasoning
Again with the
"give me another reason why
xyzzy
is town"
, she just plainly states she has a townlean and asks for a unique thought to piggyback.

It's literally the same mentality she had when reading and agreeing with me in and . She provides a non-confident read that's based on what other people say.

North's
posting is basically to tunnel
Trekkie
to reinforce her posts, to doubt the read on me for fencesitting because I townread
Trekkie
, she's 1v1ing
Tony
to fill the game with fluff AND to defend herself, while she creates a blatant associative with
apthet
through townreading and making indirect posts toward her.

This points to
Xyzzy-North
scumteam because she reserves any reasoned opinion of him so nobody would think they're associated.

I'm also thinking
North
keeps questioning why someone thinks
xyzzy
is town, so she could push them if he flips.

Spoiler: Quote Dissection: North/xyzzy on Tony
In post 117, northsidegal wrote:
In post 86, xyzzy wrote:TOWN
Taly
TonyMontana

apthet
northsidegal

DarkLightA
Clemency
Trekkie99
NOT TOWN

the bottom part of this might shift once replacements show up
explain tony being town?
This was during the
North V Tony
scenario.

xyzzy
puts 3 scumreads - one of which is
Trekkie
, which
North
I'm assuming is still scumreading here...

But
North
isn't focused on any of that. Her ONLY direct interaction with
xyzzy
, is her asking about the
Tony
townread, the person she's 1v1ing.

xyzzy
called
North/Tony
a Scum/Town interaction... but never pushed either two.

I'm confident its because
North/xyzzy
are scum, and they wanted to be on the SAME page with pushing
Trekkie/Tony
-scum while doing the bare minimum amount of interaction with each other, while they state suspicion of the other so they can position themselves at ANY point of them gets lynched.

Their only other interaction is which I actually forgot about because of how irrelevant and content-less it was.

VOTE: xyzzy

I'm seeing a huge associative tell with
xyzzy/North

And I'm starting to see how
Me/Enter
could very likely be TvT.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”