Mini 2052: Downtown Train Mafia - Game Over!

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 273, Bambi Jay wrote:I'd do that but I'm too lazy.

Honestly I'll put my actual effort into this game tommorow and see why TGP is scummy or if I notice something else.
You had one job.
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

In post 266, Munchmellow wrote:@Robert
From what you say, I gather you townread NSG, feel good about TGP and null read Bambi.

Am I your only scumread? Can you give reasons for your read or is it just level of activity? Who else do you scumread?
In post 259, Robert2424 wrote:I honestly Feel better about TGP then past times.
What about TGP makes you feel better?

Any thoughts about others?
Your not really a scum read. I don't have any scum reads. If I had to choose somebody, I'd choose Bass, mainly for his aggressiveness but it doesn't mean scum. I voted you cause I had 0 notes on you, so I wanted activity and conversation, I got both. My main problem is my lack of a scum read. Though my day one reads are usually trash, having no reads doesn't bode well for me getting any better reads for the following days, therefore, I have to make something, even if its out of nothing, to get a read.

Activity is a contributing factor to my thoughts on anybody. I recently finished a game were scum laid behind the scenes while town tore itself apart. Before I was lynched, I figured out the remaining scum team, but my words fell on death ears. The slots committed nothing to the game but nobody seemed to care.

TGP the last game I played with him was very conservative and flipped anti, here he is opposite, course he could be trying to change his play style. Course I did hammer him too. Not sure if he was expecting me to do so, but yeah. Why my thoughts are on him right now.
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

Unvote
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

I apologize. I swear this has nothing to do with the game - I'm going through a rough patch in life right now and can't play a lot until Monday.
@mod V/LA until Monday

Noted ~ LA
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:49 am

Post by northsidegal »

i'm leaning town on robert
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by Amor »

Can you expand on that?
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

it's kind of a lazy read, i suppose

i guess i townread his relative lack of direction as well as his lack of real scumreads, kind of as shown in these posts:
In post 251, Robert2424 wrote:I'm still here, just mainly stumped.
In post 276, Robert2424 wrote: Your not really a scum read. I don't have any scum reads. If I had to choose somebody, I'd choose Bass, mainly for his aggressiveness but it doesn't mean scum. I voted you cause I had 0 notes on you, so I wanted activity and conversation, I got both. My main problem is my lack of a scum read. Though my day one reads are usually trash, having no reads doesn't bode well for me getting any better reads for the following days, therefore, I have to make something, even if its out of nothing, to get a read.

Activity is a contributing factor to my thoughts on anybody. I recently finished a game were scum laid behind the scenes while town tore itself apart. Before I was lynched, I figured out the remaining scum team, but my words fell on death ears. The slots committed nothing to the game but nobody seemed to care.

TGP the last game I played with him was very conservative and flipped anti, here he is opposite, course he could be trying to change his play style. Course I did hammer him too. Not sure if he was expecting me to do so, but yeah. Why my thoughts are on him right now.
i
imagine
that scum would have someone that they would be voting, even if they weren't really scumreading them and never talked about their scumreads (i.e. naked voting people, sheeping wagons and the like)

i also like that apparently he's taking notes, although that may have just been a figure of speech

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Post by northsidegal »

so i guess my townreads right now are {bambi, robert, amor, rcenigma}
maybe brass, maybe darth vader.

i know i strongly townread darth vader earlier but i would very much like them to post more and don't feel comfortable with them not doing so. that being said, i understand that auro is probably busy and this is a low activity game, along with dva having maybe siteflaked? seems like she hasn't logged on for a little bit.

things fall apart
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

Votecount:

Robert2424: 1 (Allomancer)
TheGoldenParadox: 4 (Bambi Jay, Brassherald, Northsidegal, Darth Vader) L-2

Munchmellow: 1 (TheGoldenParadox)
Bambi Jay: 1 (Amor)
Brassherald: 1 (Munchmellow)

Not Voting: RCEnigma, Robert2424

Leading Wagons are in bold.

With 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

The following players have yet to post and will be prodded if they do not post before the next votecount: Allomancer, Brassherald, Darth Vader, Munchmellow,

TheGoldenParadox is V/LA until monday.

Day 1 ends on Wednesday, January 23rd at 6:00 PM PST, or 8 days, 23 hours and 43 minutes from this post.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
Darth Vader
Darth Vader
Townie
Darth Vader
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Darth Vader »

I haven't site flaked but I've been letting Auro stay in front.

I actually like this wagon right now and mostly just want to push it through, maybe with RCE and Munch? -D
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

do you townread munch?

things fall apart
Darth Vader
Darth Vader
Townie
Darth Vader
Townie
Townie

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm

Post by Darth Vader »

Moreso than Amor or Allo, right now -D
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by northsidegal »

could you go a little bit into why?

also, why are you letting auro take front stage mostly? after the coalition, i haven't gotten to play a game with town!you yet.

maybe you're... scared i'll catch you? :wink:

things fall apart
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 83, RCEnigma wrote:With that I'll say I'm not a big fan of meta. I assume anyone I play with is self aware enough to somewhat replicate their town game and don't find scum meta a good measure in games or playerlists that don't have any correlation.
In post 160, RCEnigma wrote:Hence indirect. But I agree the reactions from Bambi are poor, though Allo's don't feel townie either.

One scum is better than none.

VOTE: Bambi Jay
Makes a case on me a few posts earlier, votes Bambi with no reasoning attached.
If scum can always replicate a town game, scumhunting would therefore be useless? Bad logic is bad.
In post 186, RCEnigma wrote:That guy also said the previous statement prematurely. Pretty sure I just want Allomancer to be the lynch today. I still don't like your reactions. Allomancer flipping scum would just make me even more sure that you're scum. Even your fos at TGP is weak, he's been picking mostly at you in a majority of his posts. Feels like you're omgusing him right now.

Not sure why him specifically though.
Wants to lynch me, still voting Bambi at this point.

Looking through RCE's ISO, I pulled the most standout posts, but there seems to be a general trend of self-contradiction and do as i say, not as i do.
VOTE: RCEnigma
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 288, Allomancer wrote:If scum can always replicate a town game, scumhunting would therefore be useless? Bad logic is bad.
This should be up above in response to the first quote, sorry.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Darth Vader
Darth Vader
Townie
Darth Vader
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Darth Vader »

Eh sorry, I've not been posting much in all of my games, sorta lost motivation in general :$ I'll make more of an effort.

Wanted this to be a teaching Hydra initially so DVa took the backseat and let me post and call the shots mostly, but yeah I think it makes sense if she lays down her opinions directly in the thread as well.

I'll read the game and get back into it soon

~Auro
Darth Vader
Darth Vader
Townie
Darth Vader
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by Darth Vader »

In post 288, Allomancer wrote:Makes a case on me a few posts earlier, votes Bambi with no reasoning attached.
If scum can always replicate a town game, scumhunting would therefore be useless? Bad logic is bad.
His assertion is that scumhunting purely reliant on meta isn't quite useful, not scumhunting as a whole. You're misinterpreting his logic here.
In post 288, Allomancer wrote:Wants to lynch me, still voting Bambi at this point.
He transparently, repeatedly says he wants to lynch you, he voted Bambi Jay because there was a wagon there and the others weren't up for voting Allomancer.

This change your mind?

~Auro
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

there are too many people for whom i have very light reasons to townread unless the scumteam is like literally TGP/Munchmellow

things fall apart
Darth Vader
Darth Vader
Townie
Darth Vader
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by Darth Vader »

I think you have way too many townreads though. Is Munch a PoE for you?

~Auro
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 288, Allomancer wrote:
In post 83, RCEnigma wrote:With that I'll say I'm not a big fan of meta. I assume anyone I play with is self aware enough to somewhat replicate their town game and don't find scum meta a good measure in games or playerlists that don't have any correlation.
In post 160, RCEnigma wrote:Hence indirect. But I agree the reactions from Bambi are poor, though Allo's don't feel townie either.

One scum is better than none.

VOTE: Bambi Jay
Makes a case on me a few posts earlier, votes Bambi with no reasoning attached.
In post 186, RCEnigma wrote:That guy also said the previous statement prematurely. Pretty sure I just want Allomancer to be the lynch today. I still don't like your reactions. Allomancer flipping scum would just make me even more sure that you're scum. Even your fos at TGP is weak, he's been picking mostly at you in a majority of his posts. Feels like you're omgusing him right now.

Not sure why him specifically though.
Wants to lynch me, still voting Bambi at this point.

Looking through RCE's ISO, I pulled the most standout posts, but there seems to be a general trend of self-contradiction and do as i say, not as i do.
VOTE: RCEnigma
Unfortunately the early wagon on you means slot probably aren't going to come back to voting you. I made the case for you AND Bambi so voting Bambi when your wagon broke down isn't a stretch.

The fact your wagon broke down arbitrarily should tell town something but to each their own.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 293, Darth Vader wrote:I think you have way too many townreads though. Is Munch a PoE for you?

~Auro
yeah what i was saying that was that munch would be like among the two people whom i have just no reasons at all to townread

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i guess (assuming the scumteam
isn't
TGP/Munch — i would laugh if it was) this game will be an interesting exercise in seeing which of my reasons to townread people are unreliable

things fall apart
Darth Vader
Darth Vader
Townie
Darth Vader
Townie
Townie

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by Darth Vader »

I know it's in your ISO, but for the sake of clarity could you just list reasons for your townreads concisely in a single post? I'll do that too in a while, I do feel TGP/Munch is too easy a solve :P

~Auro
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

robert i just talked about in

dv for ~reasons~

amor i described as his trajectory, which looking back on it looks like a reason i'm categorically likely to be wrong on and i'm not sure i should trust in

rcenigma meta, i don't feel i'm likely to be wrong here

allo said that he was excited at the start of this game and by default i assume people like playing town more than scum, perhaps especially someone who doesn't play mafia much. i also townread . although, looking at makes me feel something that i want to elaborate on later.

bambi i've talked about

brass again for vague ~reasons~, i also think is pretty town-indicative. maybe.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by northsidegal »

@Allo, what's your read on bambi?