Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

Guys, IF there is scum in the neighborhood it's Zito. Both Persy & BEF are now Town to me and they will probably get resolved at night, so I don't want to do the scum's job for them. I am not lynching either.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

Also both have the potential to confirm their roles, so that's a thing.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1160, Elbirn wrote:I'll bite here as well, why am I a townread if percy is scum? Actually I think you townread me in general if I recall correctly, but this seems to imply that read is even stronger if I...defend hypothetical scum and they die?
Percy felt inevitable then, scum you with him would be better off bussing than weakly defending by saying you were townreading him.
but his claim changes things here.
UNVOTE:
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:03 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1175, Almost50 wrote:Guys, IF there is scum in the neighborhood it's Zito. Both Persy & BEF are now Town to me and they will probably get resolved at night, so I don't want to do the scum's job for them. I am not lynching either.
don't really want to lynch either of them now, too.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by Chara »

VOTE: Zito
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 1164, Varsoon wrote:Why didn't you target BEF on N1?
Because I mostly town read him D1.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 1169, Papa Zito wrote:Persivul you didn't soft anything on Day 1 did you?
No. I don't soft without good reason. In my first game here, the scum IC (goodmorning) softed more than one role, so I don't see the point. It doesn't prove anything, but good scum will spot it and kill you.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Chara »

i'd vote Fish over Persivul here. my break's over but i'll be back tonight.
if one of Fish/mcqueen is scum i'd lynch the other.
Zito feels like possible sleeper scum but that might be unfair, he's playing well either way.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1181, Persivul wrote:
In post 1169, Papa Zito wrote:Persivul you didn't soft anything on Day 1 did you?
No. I don't soft without good reason. In my first game here, the scum IC (goodmorning) softed more than one role, so I don't see the point. It doesn't prove anything, but good scum will spot it and kill you.
this, i don't think softing is a good idea.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1140, mcqueen wrote:Why? I’m kind of null on him rn. I’ll check his iso later. Also still have ~15 pages to read :/
In post 1097, skitter30 wrote:wrt persivul: don't like how he's pushing bef, don't like how isn't paranoid about scum in the hood, don't like how he outed bef's claim without a good reason for it
also his reaction to pressure is kinda underwhelming

==
In post 1142, Elbirn wrote:I've been townreading percival lately and I'm still unsatisfied with bef
i don't understand how people are still scumreading bef.
or reading further on why you're voting him agian; his claim comes from scum like never (like i can believe that he single-handedly forgot that chara was an ascetic - but the whole scumteam forgetting that? and being cool with him targeting them? or with him fake-claiming targeting them?like this doesn't make sense to me.
In post 1157, Elbirn wrote:For one thing, his 2nd post in this game is him quoting chara claiming ascetic. I dont buy for a moment that he forgets this. It sounds more to me like his claim would have been falsifiable since he claimed neighborizer, so he had to claim to target someone it would fail on
like it's not just him forgetting, it's the whole scumteam forgetting and allowing him to put himself in a purposefully difficult position.

==
In post 1147, Chara wrote:skitter announcing a strong townread on me came off as strange. i don't really see the point of it. it's hard to explain but i already think i was pretty townread in a general sense.
it wasn't directly related to anything, more like i realized i never said i had been townreading you so i just said it

==
In post 1153, Persivul wrote:That's how I usually play town PR. I play VT or scum much more actively, and as scum I go balls out on defense. I recently forgot to tone down as TPR in this game where I was cop, and I got killed N1 for it and town lost. I was trying to avoid that here.
i actually thought about the possibility that you might be a pr, but you feel nothing like that mini i played with you where you were a cop and iirc got nk'd n2, so i thought you being a pr wasn't too likely.
did you try to change your playstyle from that game too?

(ie when you repped in you were under a lot of pressure and you were very forceful in pushing back against it; you're a lot more passive here)

==
In post 1156, Persivul wrote:I'm a Phantom Cop. Each night I can learn whether someone is a Typhon Phantom. From discussions with mod I think that scum are all Typhons, but not all are specifically Phantoms. He wasn't perfectly clear. I asked straight out if I'm a Goon Cop but he wouldn't confirm. I targeted A50 last night but got a No Result.
eh

UNVOTE:
i don't find this claim to be particularly townie.
wouldn't want to mislynch this tho but like i don't particularly believe it. i don't particularly disbelieve it either; it just kinda is
why did you target a50 last night?

==
In post 1172, Elbirn wrote:I'm really glad I changed my mind about doing a VC because it would have been for nothing, thanks a50

If you mcqueen and skitter could see the light that would be radicool
lmao no
he's town and i'm not voting there

==
In post 1175, Almost50 wrote:Guys, IF there is scum in the neighborhood it's Zito. Both Persy & BEF are now Town to me and they will probably get resolved at night, so I don't want to do the scum's job for them. I am not lynching either.
why is persivul town ????

==
In post 1182, Chara wrote:i'd vote Fish over Persivul here. my break's over but i'll be back tonight.
i'd vote persivul over fish

i'll do papa zito tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: papa zito
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by Chara »

VOTE: implosion
i don't know if there's time for this wagon, but i think it on the whole feels a better option than Zito.
i wanted to see if this was a "leftovers" read or an actual scumread. leftovers brought him to my attention and then his approach to the game is what had me wanting this vote over Zito.
also: a stated reason for Persivul scum and redtea scum was the same. underwhelming response to pressure. i feel like town who saw the redtea flip would reconsider that particular thought if it had been so recently proved to be false.
hedging, which implosion is doing a
lot
of, is also not a scumtell by itself. but it's very safe.

i'm not sure if i'm biased, because implosion's style reminds me of mine, and my style as scum is to fake paranoia in the particular way he is now.
so i would love feedback. but we also have little time.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by the worst »

VC 2.8
[3] BrightEyedFish:
Persivul, Elbirn, Papa Zito
[3] Papa Zito:
mcqueen, Almost50, skitter30
[2] Persivul:
BrightEyedFish, implosion
[1] implosion:
Chara

[1] Not Voting:
Varsoon

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

The Day 2 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-02-11 18:00:00)

Fake Mod Note:
quack quack friends (backup mod vc; xtoxm will be back after the weekend. i'll defer setup-related queries to him.)
Last edited by Xtoxm on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:05 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

I did an ISO of Zito both in this thread and in the Hood thread. I don't notice any real differences in the tone or content between the threads. I don't know if this is AI but its just something I picked up on.

I am starting to doubt my reads on Persivul though. So I will unvote for now and see if I can make any sense of the Zito case.

UNVOTE:
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:27 am

Post by Chara »

ducky: mcqueen is voting Zito, not himself! :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:29 am

Post by Chara »

also, i would go back to Zito if implosion isn't viable at all. i'm guessing there's not enough time but i'll be around to change votes either way.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1182, Chara wrote:Zito feels like possible sleeper scum but that might be unfair, he's playing well either way.
This + this:
In post 1186, Chara wrote:i don't know if there's time for this wagon, but i think it on the whole feels a better option than Zito.
= Chara has just claimed scum with Zito.

In fact
In post 1182, Chara wrote:i'd vote Fish over Persivul here. my break's over but i'll be back tonight.
if one of Fish/mcqueen is scum i'd lynch the other.
this was a "softing scum". being Ascetic, Chara doesn't worry much about Percy, but they want the motivator gone sooner than later, and tying BEF with mcqueen hints Chara wants to bus mcqueen if they could.

Level of confidence is 50% though. Chara is hard to read for me as both alignments. As Scum they're capable, and as Town they sometimes do some weird moves (of course the same can be said about me, but I don't know if I would try to save Zito if I was scum with him, and I sure wouldn't try to shade a claimed PR when I'm town).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1187, the worst wrote:
VC 2.8
[3] BrightEyedFish:
Persivul, Elbirn, Papa Zito
[2] Persivul:
BrightEyedFish, implosion
[2] Papa Zito:
Almost50, skitter30
[1] mcqueen:
mcqueen
[1] implosion:
Chara

[1] Not Voting:
Varsoon

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

The Day 2 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-02-11 18:00:00)

Fake Mod Note:
quack quack friends (backup mod vc; xtoxm will be back after the weekend. i'll defer setup-related queries to him.)
@"QUACK" Mod: I don't think mcqueen is voting himself
:P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1189, Chara wrote:
ducky: mcqueen is voting Zito, not himself! :>
Shows awareness of the VC status = why they switched their vote off Zito to give him some breathing space.

@Zito: Your pal is telling you to do something to try and get BEF lynched instead of you still. (No need to thank me, Chara. We are friends) :P

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1186, Chara wrote:i don't know if there's time for this wagon, but i think it on the whole feels a better option than Zito.
i'm not sure what changed from a few posts up, where you voted zito
not particularly vibing an implosion lynch today; i'd prefer in zito/persivul (and since persivul is presumably off the table, zito)
i own't vote bef today; if scum want him out of the game they need to nk him
(also the fact that both persivul and zito want this makes me quite wary)
In post 1191, Almost50 wrote:this was a "softing scum". being Ascetic, Chara doesn't worry much about Percy, but they want the motivator gone sooner than later, and tying BEF with mcqueen hints Chara wants to bus mcqueen if they could.
can you say this again? i'm not following this bit really
Show
Hiatus once more.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

@skitter: We have 2 claimed PRs. Percy is a Cop. Chara is Ascetic, so cannot be guiltied by Percy anyway.
BEF is a neighborizer/Motivator though, and the motivator gives an extra shot to their target.
Chara looks like they're going to be the deep wolf in this game, so they want to get rid of extra town "whatever" abilities over getting rid of a mere Cop who cannot guilty them anyway.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

i mean sure
but they might be able to guilty their partners?
(depending on which scum are typhons are whatever the specific thing he can check is called, maybe it's phantom, i didn't go back to check)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Chara »

Almost, if i'm scum here deepwolfing, you're right i wouldn't be concerned about Percy guiltying
me
what about my partners? my ascetic doesn't protect them.

also, why wouldn't i be aware of the VC status at a day from deadline when town?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:06 am

Post by Chara »

oh, skitter already asked that and it didn't click.

and Almost, you're also forgetting that Fish's ability does
not
give anyone a second shot. what it does is enable multitasking. a player would need two abilities already before Fish's motivate was useful.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1194, skitter30 wrote:i'm not sure what changed from a few posts up, where you voted zito
not particularly vibing an implosion lynch today; i'd prefer in zito/persivul (and since persivul is presumably off the table, zito)
i own't vote bef today; if scum want him out of the game they need to nk him
(also the fact that both persivul and zito want this makes me quite wary)
i still think Zito is scummy and he's in my PoE, but with the context of me now thinking Persivul could be town, implosion is the most likely scum to me. but it's that or he's just naturally very hedgy, and also happens to be approaching the wagons in a way i think scum would.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”