RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:46 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Lovebird Ms maybe
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:57 am

Post by Reality Check »

Spoiler: neighborhood posts
0: (Pregame) Dunnstral: announcing the neighborhood will open at the start of day, it wasn't open in pregame
1: (15-16) Brigitte: announcing that she knows we are town
2: (23-24) Ankhead: announcing no main access, both heads will be posting under the hydra account
3: (23-24) Ankhead: wanting to dump strategy stuff but there's no point anymore (specifically I was planning to keep the neighborhood a secret and potentially claim masons later)
4: (24-25) Ankhead: saying that claiming our role is pointless because it will be obvious anyways, 'softclaimed' my first post in the main thread
5: (27-27) Ankhead: claiming our parry mechanics; normal parry except I can also decide to parry for her instead until day 4. I speculated that maybe our role was designed to complement hers
6/7: (27-28) Brigitte: claiming the same parry mechanics except only having one shot of it; split into two posts
8: (30-31) Ankhead: claiming that we can parry once a day
9: (30-31) Brigitte: claiming her parry is only usable on me and has only one use of it all game
10: (32-33) Ankhead: speculating strategy; this slot being unlikely to ever need two parries so I'd be using it on her every day
11: (50-51) Brigitte: warning me that my posts in the main thread read as scummy, claiming to have no reads other than the pings on my posts
12: (50-51, about an hour later) Ankhead: stating it's on purpose
13: (51-52) Ankhead: saying I'll go into what I'm trying to do in the neighborhood later; I think the game will be easier to sort when I read as scum in the main thread so I'm avoiding towning up
14: (57-58) Ankhead: saying Taly's post looks like town-Taly but not wanting it to be public info yet
15: (61-62) Ankhead: announcing I'm looking for an excuse to sheep GL's vote on Fractured
16: (65-66) Brigitte: acknowledging 15
17: (65-66) Ankhead: announcing I will follow up on #13 soon
18: (77-79) Ankhead: big strategy post. I'm looking to solve in the neighborhood until I feel I have a town win figured out. I want to avoid being locktowned because there's info that is easier to get when I'm not written off as town and there's enough slots here that both can and will likely want to get that sort fast; I want to avoid hitting a situation where I have a time limit too short to get enough out there to get town on the same page in order to reach a win. I don't want to emulate my scum meta because I can't risk RC confusing it for the real thing and deathtunneling me (which results in a lynch or written off as locktown). Enough players will likely get fooled by me not publicly sorting for it to be the better option. Also announcing I'm testing RC to see if my method of reading him works this game (which I went into :x) and hoping that he shows what I'm looking for earlier so I don't have to worry about it later when he starts having a much bigger presence in the thread. Ending with a complaint that I need strong townreads before that happens or I'm useless.
19: (79-80) Ankhead: saying that mastina can do her own thing and odds are we will end up syncing as a hydra eventually, I don't think it will really matter to what I'm doing because most slots will be looking to sort me instead of her. announcing that my reads will be going in the neighborhood alone
20: (86-87) Ankhead: announcing that me being so detailed in my thought process in the neighborhood proves I'm not committing to one of my known scumtells
21: (95-96) Ankhead: fluff comment on mbaki's ReaCh case,
22: (161-162) Ankhead: calling RC's 160 post very town, I don't see RC making that post as scum
23: (165-166) Ankhead: reads (townreads on implosion and GL via gut, revoking the taly townread because of their hydra posting style and paranoia that it was partly improvised to fool me)
24: (219ish) mastinahead: joke about her standard neighborhood mason gambits
25: (236ish) Ankhead: adding to 24 that I was planning the same thing and Brigitte beat both of us to it
26: (240ish) mastinahead: quoted her reads list and told me that she would leave reading RC to me
27: (242-243) Ankhead: saying that I think I'll have RC sorted soon and am optimistic that he's town
28: (243ish) Ankhead: hardclaiming my role and what I plan to do with it
29: (247ish) Ankhead: telling mastina she should probably handle slots like michael scott (since I'm bad with reading logic and I specced enough of sc2 to not even want to try with them)
30: (260-261) Ankhead: quoting Fractured's #259 and commenting that something about it is weird; I want to lock that slot as town but I need to see a 1v1 to be comfortable doing it to be sure they're not trying to hide Taly's "tell" from me
31: (260-261) Ankhead: clarifying that taly knows what the "tell" is and the difference between the town and scum subtypes
32: (290ish) Ankhead: asking if brigitte knows what our flavor is
33: (348ish) Brigitte: very bluntly says she doesn't
34: (432-433) Ankhead: asking if brigitte has other thoughts and saying that I will take them into account and that I have a read on who her main is
35: (511ish) Ankhead: townread on GL
36: (679-680) Brigitte: townread on mbaki like she said in the main thread, no townread on GL, not sure what to make of Alonzo since he's not playing the way she read his playstyle to be and might need to investigate it
37: (784-785) Ankhead: lot of hesitation about the Alonzo wagon, bad feeling about it
38: (784-785) Ankhead: optimism about being able to read the game and get a gamestate read out of it, theorizing that 37 might be because RC isn't pushing the wagon but it feels like how his wagons usually do
39: (826-827) Brigitte: disagrees with 38, Alonzo is weird and RC has had variable scumreads throughout the game so far
40: (829-830) Ankhead: asking Brigitte her opinion on RC's theory that it's related to the Parm push
41: (868ish) Brigitte: answering she doesn't think so, but some of their posts are questionable and it's weird nobody else is pushing for a wagon on them. announcing she's going to vote Alonzo despite that
42: (871-872) Ankhead: not seeing anything town about JohnnyEnglish, but acknowledging that the way he interacted with me (ignoring my questions and trying to get me to follow him) always look bad to me anyways
43: (873-874) Brigitte: essentially asking why I find Johnny trying to get me to sheep him concerning, acknowledging she might be misunderstanding me, and acknowledging that she can see why I wouldn't want to sheep him after those interactions
44: (873-874) Ankhead: clarifying that it's not a scumread, just a lack of a townread
45: (873-874) Brigitte: asking me to reread Alonzo's posts on the last page, he is the scummiest player because of johnnyenglish's point about him parrying and his self-meta, which fits if you take out his mention of shit town and his read on rc being bad (I think I'm interpreting that right???)
46: (873-874) Ankhead: acknowledging 45 and announcing that I'm starting my analysismode readthrough and will judge when I get there
47: (897-898) Ankhead: asking what Brigitte thinks of RC's scumread on her, stating I think I need to be a support player and want to find enough town to comfortably stay in the background and wanting to try addressing that scumread
48: (912-913) Brigitte: answering 47, the scumread will prevent her from reading him, so she's ignoring it
49: (913ish) Brigitte: saying she thinks RC is guttown from the interactions but needs distance while she decides whether she thinks it's likely he was manipulating her or not
50: (913-914) Ankhead: calling Taly probably not pocketing me, town
51: (913-914) Ankhead: announcing I'm going to reach out to RC, hoping that worst case he will know my townread is a real one
52: (917-918) Brigitte: essentially saying that his read on me isn't something to worry about, pushing me is dumb because of her informed status on my alignment and that it would require town to fuck up hard enough and even then it wouldn't result in anything because she can still parry; he'd have to lynch her first and that would just conftown me anyways. RC's reads are all over the place and he needs to get his thoughts together
53: (918-919) Ankhead: claiming RC can read me so I'm not worried about a scumread, claiming to want to get my townreads to meld so we can start to poe since I'm worried it won't happen otherwise
54: Ankhead: miscellaneous role stuff + strategy relating to it
55: (920-921) Brigitte: says she doesn't like townblocks, they have issues with read diversity (not enough) and tend to bias each other, plus it's unlikely it will be viable here anyways with the array of personalities that are in the playerlist. she's less worried about high profile players and wants to focus on harder-to-read slots. looking for reads on GL/lovebird/michael scott mainly, acknowledging that she's probably going to struggle reading them relative to everybody else, and asking what I think of those three slots
56: (920-921) Brigitte: wants to add parmesan to the list but thinks that it would be easier to read them indirectly through other players
57: (924-925) Ankhead: guttown on GL that I can't explain, not trusting my read ability on lovebird, commenting that I'll struggle reading michael scott too since I've never played with either head before and they seem like logic-headed players and I tend to struggle with reading those kinds of players
58: (925ish) Ankhead: commenting on the townblock comment in 55; saying it depends on when we get NKed but hoping that we live long enough with a good enough gamestate read to be able to tell when town is hitting an incorrect solve
59: (975ish) Brigitte: saying RC will probably not like her Alonzo push and will retaliate by pushing parmesan, then parmesan will accuse her of whatever (her example was grandstanding) and RC will somehow get a scumread on her from that, saying she can predict that will happen and just wants to watch it
60: (998-999) Ankhead: acknowledging Brigitte probably knows the differences between RCs towngame and scumgame better than me, saying I haven't seen scumRC since lynch the wolves
61: (1078-1079) Ankhead: declaring I'm going to start analysis mode on the thread after a quick trip to the store
62: (1078-1079) Ankhead: complaining that I made an emote and forgot that none of my hydras/alts have disabled emotes by default
63-70: Ankhead: catchup notes all the way to page 15
71: (1112-1113) Ankhead: acknowledging that I haven't seen the scumRC version of this tell yet but optimistic that us being on similar wavelengths means he's probably town
72: (1558-1559) Brigitte: saying she thinks she will get lynched and that she doesn't feel like even posting anymore. says alonzo is her biggest scumread and implosion/michael scott had the worst votes on her; no read on RC but hopes he gets NKed so he doesn't lead a lot of mislynches. says bye
73: (1564-1565) Ankhead: shorthand explanation for why I thought it was better for the game for her to be lynched regardless of alignment and that I hope our next game goes better
74: (1564-1565) Ankhead: comment about not realizing she posted in the neighborhood until she voted herself
75: (1569-1570) Brigitte: she's going on hiatus and comments that her games afterwards might go better and that she won't be apathetic

everything after that is just dunnstral announcing that brigitte is dead and a few posts between mastina and me
"Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."

Ankamius + mastina hydra
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:38 am

Eh I feel pretty like that's unusable without actual phrasings at least the way I play mafia
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Reality Check »

if you want tone or w/e from specific posts I can try to go into more detail

I just don't want to get modkilled for being too close to quoting the neighborhood
"Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."

Ankamius + mastina hydra
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:40 am

not worth it honestly
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:42 am

I think the possibility of MS being scum should be taken a v srs
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:05 am

Post by mbaki »

Lynch The Bird
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:22 am

I'm rly good at mafia
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Reality Check »

meh

my read on the gamestate is going to be unstable until I know why all these slots are being locktowned

...or until I have enough flips to be able to build a read manually

:V

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:41 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 2030, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think the possibility of MS being scum should be taken a v srs
Possible? Yeah.
Probable? Nope.

Your case is still half-OMGUS half-nothing and an objectively untrue allegation that I'm playing to scum meta.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 2033, Reality Check wrote:my read on the gamestate is going to be unstable until I know why all these slots are being locktowned
I've been asking for a long while why Implosion is "locktown" and no one's bothering to answer.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 2026, Reality Check wrote:michael scott (since I'm bad with reading logic and I specced enough of sc2 to not even want to try with them)
I'm sorry my play ruins the game slightly for ya? Honestly don't feel like I've been a logical machine this game.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:21 am

Post by Creature »

Why Lovebird wasn't ever replaced?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Creature »

The Lovebird votes are antitown regardless of Lovebird's alignment
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Creature »

In post 2022, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: Lovebird

-tries to shade Reality Check early D1
-votes Alonzo mislynch wagon
-tries to break down Johnny's townread on me
-no quality scumreads at any point
In post 2023, GuiltyLion wrote:also fi Creature's town then Lovebird's townread on Varsoon feels like scum townreading town
Damn, starting to doubt GL

These posts are bad
Sigh
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:23 am

Post by Reality Check »

what are you thinking creature

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:23 am

Post by Creature »

In post 2040, Reality Check wrote:what are you thinking creature
I'm thinking we're wasting time.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:24 am

Post by Creature »

If you were given the power to end the day rn with a lynch on Lovebird, would you do it?
Sigh
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:25 am

Post by Reality Check »

no

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:26 am

Post by Creature »

Then what are we fucking doing rn?
Sigh
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:27 am

Post by Reality Check »

idk

I feel somethings off but I'm not sure how to approach figuring out what it is

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:30 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: GuiltyLion
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:31 am

Post by Creature »

Wagonparking without hammering an empty slot (yeah, I'm considering Lovebird has gameflaked like always) is objectively worse than hammering one.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:32 am

Post by Creature »

We can return to Lovebird later anyway.
Sigh
Creature