Alternatively,

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:15 am

Post by MariaR »

Never said that. I just don't know why they're a wagon
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:38 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 152, skitter30 wrote:i think gl is town
This is a mark against GL IMO. I think Skitter usually provides reasons.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:41 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Spoiler:
In post 157, skitter30 wrote:he's thinking a lot of the things i'm thinking as i was reading through the thread (specifically posts like , , the bit about tris in

i like that he's reaching out to other people and how he was trying to push the game out of rvs (as evidenced by his push on beazu for a lack of early-game contributions)

a lot of the things he's saying has the underlying current of trying to progress the game and to get people to articulate reads and to start forming towncores and it just feels to me like he's trying to get the game into a ~cohesive / game-solving-conducive~ gamestate

the way he's thinking about things is also like very nuanced/comprehensive/idk the right word but like his whole thought process seems very organic and like the things he's saying seem like real thoughts, and not ones he's making up. for the most part i understand why he's thinking things and where his trajectory is coming from and it doesn't feel fake to me

like his whole tone is kinda like 'no-nonsesne-y i'm here to solve this game' and it feels townie to me, especially since he's being kinda aggressive at pressuring people he's suspicious of. like it's not just the tone; his actions match the tone too

i don't agree with all of his pushes (like, say, the bit where he was pushing mariar for not townreading tris even though her townreads were townreading her; that's a silly reason to expect someone to townread someone at this stage) but i think he's def approachign this with a townie/solve-y mindset

i also think that his townread on roster is a little strong for what roster actually did; i kinda think that he felt validated that someone agreed with his stance on beazu, and so he then kinda gave roster a townread for like mindmelding with him there or whatever. i actually think that the way roster agreed with gl was kinda pocket-y / buddying-y (specifically )

And I also feel like Skitter wouldn't give this much reasons to someone who wasn't a partner, when they weren't forthcoming immediately.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:42 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 337, skitter30 wrote:
In post 220, insomnia wrote:It is town’s job to get rid of the scummiest town and it is scum’s job to get rid of the towniest.

I’ll wait 24 hrs for a claim from Ym and then I’m voting.
In post 252, rosterfoster wrote:VOTE: Insomnia
@ roster i think that these two lines from insomnia probably dont' come from scum tbh
they're too 'i'm going to push what i think is right and i don't give a flyign fuck about the consequences'-y to be scummy imo
I'm not sure Skitter tries so hard to diffuse an early wagon on her buddy which is probably going to dissipate naturally.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 546, skitter30 wrote:
In post 476, tris wrote:Skitter has been saying a lot of stuff I agree with. She might be town.
In post 520, tris wrote:
In post 517, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 476, tris wrote:Skitter has been saying a lot of stuff I agree with. She might be town.
I think I say this stuff as scum.
You're probably right.

Pedit: Oh, interesting
In post 521, tris wrote:You know what. VOTE: skitter
In post 524, tris wrote:I completely read that wrong. I somehow read that as "I think skitter says this stuff as scum." As in skitter is capable of saying that as scum. Which I think is true.
no offense, but this progression on me is atrocious
I don't think this can be bussing.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:51 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 599, skitter30 wrote:i don't think this is gaining traction like at all today but i still think this is scum so
VOTE: tris
This is giving me paranoia as a last distancing push, but I see the anti-associatives more from Tris' side so maybe it's a genuine push attempt from Skitter seeing as I had voted Tris before so that wagon might have gotten some traction.

Other things I noticed:

-Skitter barely interacted with GL directly. There were two posts and these were all solely about GL and felt completely different in tone to the others ( and )
-Skitter never interacted with Volxen as far as I can see beyond which was very much a hedging position. So I want to investigate from this perspective also.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:55 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Someone will need to tell me why they scumread Baezu.

I could say GL being on Skitter wagon and Volxen off it actually.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:56 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 642, volxen wrote:Why do you have your vote on Tris rather than Baezu? Tris is a widely townread player and you are clearly in the minority with your scumread of her. It's very unlikely that you could push a successful wagon on her, and you must realize this is the case based on the current state of the game. Baezu, on the other hand, is not a widely townread player and is coming under scrutiny due to some questionable things that she has done. You are currently the leading wagon at L-1 (6) votes, and Baezu is the closest thing to a competing counter-wagon at L-4 (3 votes). So wouldn't it make more sense for you to be voting for Baezu rather than Tris, given that you scumread both slots? Because your vote for Tris is really a vanity wagon at this point.
"Oh Skitter please help me force through this myslynch so you don't get lynched'
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:00 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 714, Enigma wrote:from skitter's angle, skitter interacts with baezu as if trying to scumhunt and asks questions - but never really follows up on it, nor scumreads baezu when there was plenty of questionable behaviour from baezu d1
Skitter did that with everyone no? (except GL and Volxen who she never properly interacted with). It's one of the things which contributed to her lynch.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:03 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 148, GuiltyLion wrote:sorry yeah I see what you're saying, "scum incentive" is probably more clear than "scum!incentive", not sure why I did the latter tbh

anyway I feel I've been kinda dominating the past few pages so I'm out to play some Rocket League, catch you all later and hope to see some Elbirn votes on my return
I'm not sure the second paragraph comes from town GL. Too self conscious. I think I've only played with him when he was scum but I do vaguely remember something about being self-conscious.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:04 am

Post by rosterfoster »

In post 284, GuiltyLion wrote:volxen I wanna think is town but his townreading me was almost a little too on the nose and I wanna see some scumreads. could maybe swap with skitter but skitter has been at least unwinding some other threads in addition to hardcore townreading/defending me as well
Also I feel like this may be an associative between GL and Volxen.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:07 am

Post by rosterfoster »

I think it's GL/Volxen.

Volxen I am more sure about.

VOTE: Volxen
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:42 am

Post by insomnia »

I’ve played with you in 3 games and in none of those were you so dedicated to explaining your scum reads or giving a case when voting someone. Why are you doing it now?
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:47 am

Post by insomnia »

Anyways, tomorrow I’ll be on holiday for like 2 weeks and so I’ll re-read everything and give my thought on potential scums.

As a point of reference, I don’t like Baezu or roster right now. For you to go on GL after you stacked votes in rvs with him, therefore I take it you share the same mentality, you can’t be turning on him like this right now and say he’s probably scum. That self-conscious argument is meh and it can’t be justified because you’ve only played one game with him.

I’ll be willing to get into a 1v1 later on. Given that I’ll have time to analyse everything I don’t want this lynch to go through that fast.

UNVOTE:
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:53 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 732, rosterfoster wrote:
In post 642, volxen wrote:Why do you have your vote on Tris rather than Baezu? Tris is a widely townread player and you are clearly in the minority with your scumread of her. It's very unlikely that you could push a successful wagon on her, and you must realize this is the case based on the current state of the game. Baezu, on the other hand, is not a widely townread player and is coming under scrutiny due to some questionable things that she has done. You are currently the leading wagon at L-1 (6) votes, and Baezu is the closest thing to a competing counter-wagon at L-4 (3 votes). So wouldn't it make more sense for you to be voting for Baezu rather than Tris, given that you scumread both slots? Because your vote for Tris is really a vanity wagon at this point.
"Oh Skitter please help me force through this myslynch so you don't get lynched'
Not sure what you’re trying to misrep here. Volxen’s point made a lot of sense to me.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:59 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Jungle Republic - I was scum
Access Point - that setup did not gel with me and didn’t facilitate scumhunting anyway.
Large normal - we lynched town every day. I did try a few times to explain my reads but I am way better with associatives than just reading off posts. This is why most of my D1 reads are utter crap but it does improve with flips.

That’s not to say I can’t have reads without casing or stating reasons but usually it’s because I don’t have much confidence in them.

See Unstable Mafia or Winter’s Sacrifice Mini normal for me actually making cases. I do do it.

Pedit: Volxen was trying to get Skitter to move onto Baezu to help him escape the rope. What was his point in this post?
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:00 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Also the Baezu wagon went way too fast and the scummiest way joining that was Volxen IMO.
insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:12 am

Post by insomnia »

In post 740, rosterfoster wrote:Jungle Republic - I was scum
Access Point - that setup did not gel with me and didn’t facilitate scumhunting anyway.
Large normal - we lynched town every day. I did try a few times to explain my reads but I am way better with associatives than just reading off posts. This is why most of my D1 reads are utter crap but it does improve with flips.

That’s not to say I can’t have reads without casing or stating reasons but usually it’s because I don’t have much confidence in them.

See Unstable Mafia or Winter’s Sacrifice Mini normal for me actually making cases. I do do it.

Pedit: Volxen was trying to get Skitter to move onto Baezu to help him escape the rope. What was his point in this post?
Wrong. Skitter was a leading wagon and the closest wagon to her was Baezu. She scum read Baezu and has stated it, but she never ended up pushing for her scum read? She was her competing wagon, she scum read her, but she ended up starting a vanity wagon?

Why is that? What I got from it was that Baezu could be her scum bud because Skitter didn’t try to vote for her, especially with Baezu being an almost universal scum read, instead, she pushed for Tris who was widely town read and it was obvious she wasn’t going to get lynched by the end of the day.

What’s the motive behind it from your point of view?
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:16 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Baezu never got to more than 2 votes? Tris got to 2 votes too (me and Maria). I also don’t think he was universally scumread at all.

However I do see how that might be an associative between Skitter and Baezu if Volxen is town so you have convinced me that there is one scum in Baezu/Volxen. I think it’s Volxen but this should be resolved today.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:17 am

Post by rosterfoster »

*she, I apologise.
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:19 am

Post by rosterfoster »

I already explained what I believe to be the motive (trying to direct Skitter to vote for a mislynch to save her).

I do ask this again - what do you believe was Volxen’s reason/point for making that post?
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 716, Enigma wrote:baezu, what are your thoughts of the people currently voting you?
Tris and Elgrin are town. Insomnia is seeming more and more scummy to me tbh, especially reading the quotes that invis is putting up...yes mafia im still not sure about and volxen I’m thinking is town as well
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Invisibility »

insomnia tell me exactly whats wrong with my logic
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:08 am

Post by Invisibility »

and what's your read on me?
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:18 am

Post by Baezu »

In post 748, Invisibility wrote:and what's your read on me?
Who is this question directed towards?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”