Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

I see dead presidents

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:38 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1920, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1917, Elbirn wrote:Honestly I'm sure this is already been done but wouldn't the simplest solution be to just treestump all dead players?
Would YOU still be interested if you were turned into a Treestump? The idea -here- was for the dead player to still effort to try and get their reads through to the main thread.
I joined this game for the guarantee of being essentially a weaker tree stump upon death so...yes, I would have been happy being a normal tree stump and I don't understand what would make that less interesting than being a spirit or why having easier communication would make my experience worse.

If anything the mechanic is for the sake of the medium player, who gets essentially a hydra head.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Elbirn »

You know I take back that last part that was dumb
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:30 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Sorry for the wait.

The mafia PT has been added to this post.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:50 am

Post by mastina »

BTW, RE: balance.
I would say that this setup is "accidentally balanced, but swingy".

I say 'accidentally', because Ank didn't realize that the medium mechanic was as townsided as it was;
And didn't realize that the roles were as scumsided as they were.

Townsided mechanic + scumsided roles = swing, but also a weird strange balance equilibrium.

So I actually think that the game was fine, even if only through accident. :P
If the roles/mechanic were INTENTIONALLY built start to finish with the idea of scumsided versus townsided, I don't think any of the players would've batted an eye.

Basically I think And accidentally made a neat interaction that few mods can pull off even when trying, and yet in spite of it not being intended, she not only made it work well, but made it work as well as possible.

Tl;Dr: I think that the setup was a "Happy Accident", and one which I enjoyed. Alas.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:27 am

Post by Ankamius »

Actually, I was going for that kind of interaction in the first place.

I wanted to build a setup that focused on day play, essentially. The scumteam had enough tools to determine what the setup was based around and to counter what town power there was, the way I wanted the game to work was to try to guide town to try to beat the scumteam by day play rather than relying on role information to do it for them, as well as trying to push the scumteam to play around identifying and eliminating the highest priority targets by day play via determining who they were sent to (or by manipulating what power town has, since most of it is tied into the spirit mechanic as well).

The only problem is... the safeguard against town being unable to use the neighborhoods properly at all (and focusing on using the neighborhoods to hunt) ended up having a completely undesired effect that essentially defeated the entire point. I still agree that most towns in this setup would struggle to use the spirit mechanic properly, but I believe that it would be very rare for it to happen at all without the mediums being relied upon. That's ultimately why I don't think this mechanic can really work, at least with the current metagame being the way it is.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Jingle »

FWIW, I as a reviewer didn't remember/realize that the neighborhoods would confirm alignment, assumed the activity of scumhunting in the neighborhood would confirm most townslots anyway, and stand by my decision to greenlight the setup. :P
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Jingle »

(What I mean is that scum isn't going to fake scumhunt in a PT no one is going to read before the endgame, so the fact the slot was scumhunting in the PT in the first place should be clearing outside of crazy people like mastina or Pine.
This is a Parachute.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:35 am

Post by MariaR »

I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”