comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #6775 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 6772, chennisden wrote:
In post 6051, RadiantCowbells wrote:
HOW CAN WE SOLVE THIS GAME?
So I kinda forgot the game was happening, but I've played this setup a couple times in sitechat before, (and modded them, too) and usually it doesn't matter who gets lynched first, just because if you get town, you get a confirmed townie, and most of the time by the first couple minutes based on who's working with who and so on and so forth. I saw the votecount and it looked like it was him or you. I knew if I voted you I'd either get scum and p much win, or I'd get town and you'd shoot him (killing scum). That's how it goes pretty much every time. So I flipped a coin that would only land heads up.

I get this setup mixed up a lot, though, with SS3 (and also every time I skim this I think townies are perma one-shot lynchproof) which is why I posted like I did at beginning of day 2. I know you know I'm town, cuz if you didn't think I was, you'd have shot me yesterday. Let's lynch RC and win this thing for the homies?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #6776 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by xyzzy »

So I kinda forgot the game was happening, but I've played this setup a couple times in sitechat before, (and modded them, too) and usually it doesn't matter who gets lynched first, just because if you get town, you get a confirmed townie, and most of the time by the first couple minutes based on who's working with who and so on and so forth. I saw the votecount and it looked like it was him or you. I knew if I voted you I'd either get scum and p much win, or I'd get town and you'd shoot him (killing scum). That's how it goes pretty much every time. So I flipped a coin that would only land heads up.

I get this setup mixed up a lot, though, with SS3 (and also every time I skim this I think townies are perma one-shot lynchproof) which is why I posted like I did at beginning of day 2. I know you know I'm town, cuz if you didn't think I was, you'd have shot me yesterday. Let's lynch RC and win this thing for the homies?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #6777 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by the worst »

who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #6778 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Who »

In post 73, Who wrote:Idk I vote we lynch RC and win this thing for the homies.
I'm sorry. I was planning to in the beginning, but then I ended up betraying the homies.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6779 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #6780 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Post by Who »

Oh also, Korina, in case you didn't realize I was trying to goad you into spamming while looking like I was trying to prevent you from spamming. Sadly I failed.
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6781 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 5711, Jingle wrote:Also, mastina scum seems hard to balance too. Like, cop/IC/vig/viglite/even commuter seems like too much for RB/goon/suicidal scum in the same way as suicidal town/IC/vig/viglite/even commuter seems like too little for RB/goons
In post 5709, Jingle wrote:
In post 5702, RadiantCowbells wrote:ausuka objectively isn't
Didn't I just come to the Ausuka's town by balance decision?

Also, ofhrz is vanilla. His role mirrors Pine's too perfectly to be faked and the progression of them revealing bits makes sense. He could maybe
maybe
be scum with PP rb, but... :shrug:

My stated reads?

Ausuka town came because PP flipped Gfather, but it was pretty clear where I stood on both of them when you shot me, while I was very much not sure of your alignment. :P
This is a Parachute.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6782 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6783 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Krazy »

vote conspiracy
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6784 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by Bitmap »

"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #6785 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by Skygazer »

You see, I came here from the ToS Forum Mafia section. For about a year I played Mafia on that forum, and by the end I was without a doubt the most skilled active player there. Eventually the disparity was so vast that I had to be banned to keep things fair for the rest of the players (officially it was for abrasiveness, as many of their players suffer from SSS and my personality conflicted with that).

Anyway, I always claim day one (and yes it was serious, for those that didn't understand that), and press others for their claims. I do this for the purpose of analyzing the behavior of others to determine if they are scum or town. Already I'm picking apart your posts and those of others for a level of analysis that is probably higher than you could comprehend.
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6786 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by Firebringer »

booo skygayzer!!!

booooooo
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #6787 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by Skygazer »

I slowly become meaner the better I am, I think

one of the best things I learned was to abandon good/optimal play (and how well/poorly people are playing) and think about why the player you're looking at is acting a certain way.. spending a huge amount of time empathising with how people are posting and trying to see ways in which they could be town has been working really well for me.

I think your experience catches up to you sometimes. Since you've experienced eras in site culture where policy was considered really important, I think you have a firmer stance about "good"/optimal play than quite a lot of us. Technically that's not a negative thing. But I can see why it could get in the way of read accuracy.

Some people still freeze up and make decisions based on who played "better" (or who they'd "rather lose to"), rather than who they think is scum. It happens at nearly all levels of play, I think. I can definitely see how human nature and instinct lends itself to reading people like that.

I am half asleep here so mayyy be rambling a bit. Sorry.
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6788 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Post by chennisden »

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #6789 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Post by the worst »

skygazer >:c
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6790 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by chennisden »

Hi gazer
RadiantCowbells Superfan
RadiantCowbells Superfan
Goon
RadiantCowbells Superfan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6791 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells Superfan »

I slowly become meaner the better I am, I think

one of the best things I learned was to abandon good/optimal play (and how well/poorly people are playing) and think about why the player you're looking at is acting a certain way.. spending a huge amount of time empathising with how people are posting and trying to see ways in which they could be town has been working really well for me.

I think your experience catches up to you sometimes. Since you've experienced eras in site culture where policy was considered really important, I think you have a firmer stance about "good"/optimal play than quite a lot of us. Technically that's not a negative thing. But I can see why it could get in the way of read accuracy.

Some people still freeze up and make decisions based on who played "better" (or who they'd "rather lose to"), rather than who they think is scum. It happens at nearly all levels of play, I think. I can definitely see how human nature and instinct lends itself to reading people like that.

I am half asleep here so mayyy be rambling a bit. Sorry.
~hydra of 2nd rate scumhunter katyusha and top-tier-but-only-behind-the-man-himself saskeismyyaoikismesis

(avatar drawn by saskeismyyaoikismesis)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6792 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6793 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6794 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by chennisden »

In post 6776, xyzzy wrote:

You see, I came here from the ToS Forum Mafia section. For about a year I played Mafia on that forum, and by the end I was without a doubt the most skilled active player there. Eventually the disparity was so vast that I had to be banned to keep things fair for the rest of the players (officially it was for abrasiveness, as many of their players suffer from SSS and my personality conflicted with that).

Anyway, I always claim day one (and yes it was serious, for those that didn't understand that), and press others for their claims. I do this for the purpose of analyzing the behavior of others to determine if they are scum or town. Already I'm picking apart your posts and those of others for a level of analysis that is probably higher than you could comprehend.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6795 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by chennisden »

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6796 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by chennisden »

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6797 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by chennisden »

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6798 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by chennisden »

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6799 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by chennisden »

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”