comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #6700 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:30 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 6698, Bitmap wrote:I helped. I really did scum side this game.
you only have 172 posts. that's not 420 :/
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #6701 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am

Post by xyzzy »

also thanks everyone who made this the longest mini game by page count ever. every post in this game was good and useful which means this is a totally legitimate record for which I should be commended

I actually didn't look that up in advance and didn't know it would be so easy to beat btw -- I went with 3000 pages for the unlynchable part b/c that would make this the longest thread on the site and that's funny to me, but I was shocked when I realized partway through the game that this was suddenly the longest mini game ever.

btw I'm very sad that the jeep+MeMe win condition wasn't fulfilled, and as far as I can tell, there wasn't even an attempt made to get in touch with either of them... that would've been the best possible way for this very silly nonsense game to end.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6702 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 6700, xyzzy wrote:
In post 6698, Bitmap wrote:I helped. I really did scum side this game.
you only have 172 posts. that's not 420 :/
I'll try harder next time.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6703 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

RC I think I can read you, let's test it sometime
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6704 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:43 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 6699, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Also, nothing really off about your reads or play either. Like in GS you pushed nonsense like Maria venge and Titus reveal. Where as I really did expect Pine to flip scum, so I could see town!you making the exact same reads.
that's because this game, though townsided, was significantly less townsided than gameshow
i could get away with pushing for only things that seemed very believably town motivated in this game and still have enough mislynches to win the game
gameshow required... a little flexibility around pushing for things that were clearly either terrible play or scum, or allowing such things to pass.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6705 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

Maybe RC's troll title is bad if he feels people don't actually try to read him
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6706 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:46 am

gameshow required me to convince town (with Titus's help) to kill a lot of hilariously town players

getting bef/oka in that dance setup was absolute bullshit that no one should have stood for
then getting clemency/pink ball in the veto was...

i had to open wolf to push enough scumsided plays to win gameshow. this game i didn't have to do anything that wasn't at the very least a reasonable play coming from town.
actually it wasn't put in as a troll title, it was submitted as a serious title.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6707 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:48 am

that's kind of why i detest the way that most people judge scum play. if you got away with being super towny as scum it's because you had a really easy game.
what's hard as scum is scum-pushing and successfully mislynching a bunch of townie people and still being townread.

i feel like a lot of people are more impressed by games where town self destructed and scum got away with being universal townreads because town pushed all their mislynches for them.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6708 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Ankamius »

you generally don't even have to in a lot of games
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6709 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:54 am

Post by Bitmap »

I think some players are better as scum rather than town because of how they process information. Scum can be intimidating if you can't process information correctly.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6710 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:58 am

I mean part of being scum is totally baiting scum to self destruct. but i'm more referring to games where scum players (Katsuki style) just floated on by being null-town while everyone below them got lynched and then they won and they get oohs and aahs, whereas games like this one where I entirely reframed town's approach to the mechanics of the game in a way that made me locktown to the players in the game I get criticized for because I wasn't actually trying to 'look towny' by posting a bunch of thoughtful wallposts or LAMISTING by pretending I didn't know exactly who I wanted lynched. Towntelling is the least useful scum skill once you're "good" at scum and it's the one that people seem to obsess over. I also got shit on by dead townies in civ mafia where I replaced in with 2 scum being wagoned and one being the designated lynch and from that point on the only scum that got wagoned from there to endgame was me, and only because I was the one making mislynches happen.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6711 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:00 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 6692, RadiantCowbells wrote:Oh and uh I got a lot of shit from Tammy for not being towny and getting townread but like. I can be Towny by play to infinity and it's not going to matter when people know I'm good as scum. How towny I play is essentially irrelevant so there's not much point in trying to be towny. I played to win via the roleblocker spec and no efforting at the correct points as scum doesn't really interfere with that win condition. Just because it seems obvious that I'm scum from spoiled dead and it feels like everyone else should scumread me knowing what you know, doesn't mean I'm scummy in the context of the game.

If you're implying that somehow I'm leveraging [being me] to be an advantage rather than a disadvantage as scum via [people being too scared of earning my ire by scumreading me] that's really not how being a notorious scum player works. Also I've never held someone correctly scumreading me against them and I've spent years encouraging people to actually put the effort in to learn to read me which they largely haven't.
Yes, well as you can see from my comment to you in thread, and my comment in the thread when I was recruited, I thought you were suspicious and possibly scum before you killed us. If i'd have lived I'd have investigated the pings you gave me, maybe I'd have been right, maybe not, but you were behaviorally scummy to me.

I didn't give you a lot of shit; I just wondered why people weren't actually trying to read you. It looked like people were just reading your posts to call you town rather than actually assessing your behavior. As scum you do whatever town will let you get away with, which as long as you fulfilled your win con is what you should do. That doesn't mean that I can't wonder why town isn't really critically assessing you as a player. Your "paranoia" at end of day read fake as shit to me, and your insinuating Pine would play on an alt to cheat was over the top, rude, and extremely disrespectful. I thought you were pretty scummy for it, though I do know that accusing people of cheating when they haven't or wouldn't is not beyond you, so I wasn't 100% on it making you scum.

And for the people that just cleared you on misunderstood mechanics, well maybe that will be a lesson about outguessing the mod in future games. Behavior should always be taken into account too. People make mistakes with those too, but it shouldn't be overlooked.

For the record, my wondering if people just called you town to stay friends with you came from this statement by you in which you pretty much implied that very thing. I wondered if that was, in fact, what was happening.
In post 5495, RadiantCowbells wrote:
understanding reads on me in the same context that you understand the way that people read other people is incorrect because most people don't even try to read me. they just generate the read on me that suits their purposes outside of game. the people that want to have a friendly relationship with me just call me town. the people seeking glory and prestige call me scum. the people who are pragmatic about the latter treat me as confirmed scum after x point in the game.

as soon as my slot comes into play the game essentially stops being mafia and starts being something else.
except in newbies, but then the SEs bring their baggage in anyway and it goes down the same direction.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6712 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 6710, RadiantCowbells wrote:I mean part of being scum is totally baiting scum to self destruct. but i'm more referring to games where scum players (Katsuki style) just floated on by being null-town while everyone below them got lynched and then they won and they get oohs and aahs, whereas games like this one where I entirely reframed town's approach to the mechanics of the game in a way that made me locktown to the players in the game I get criticized for because I wasn't actually trying to 'look towny' by posting a bunch of thoughtful wallposts or LAMISTING by pretending I didn't know exactly who I wanted lynched. Towntelling is the least useful scum skill once you're "good" at scum and it's the one that people seem to obsess over. I also got shit on by dead townies in civ mafia where I replaced in with 2 scum being wagoned and one being the designated lynch and from that point on the only scum that got wagoned from there to endgame was me, and only because I was the one making mislynches happen.
What's the point of tryharding scum when you can float null-town and have a big town personality run down their scum list and lynch there?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6713 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:09 am

In post 6711, Tammy wrote:. I thought you were pretty scummy for it, though I do know that accusing people of cheating when they haven't or wouldn't is not beyond you, so I wasn't 100% on it making you scum.

Would you like to discuss this with me?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6714 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 am

In post 6711, Tammy wrote:Your "paranoia" at end of day read fake as shit to me, and your insinuating Pine would play on an alt to cheat was over the top, rude, and extremely disrespectful.
Fake as shit is one thing, and I killed your slot for a reason.

Querying the mod [is this cheating] is not the same as saying [this is cheating and Pine would do it] and I make extremely careful plays around every possibility as both alignments as me not hammering to consider the possibility of not winning post hammer should attest.

I don't believe I ever implied Pine -would- cheat and if I did that wasn't my intention.
geometry
geometry
Goon
geometry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6715 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:14 am

Post by geometry »

In post 6706, RadiantCowbells wrote:gameshow required me to convince town (with Titus's help) to kill a lot of hilariously town players

getting bef/oka in that dance setup was absolute bullshit that no one should have stood for
then getting clemency/pink ball in the veto was...

i had to open wolf to push enough scumsided plays to win gameshow. this game i didn't have to do anything that wasn't at the very least a reasonable play coming from town.
actually it wasn't put in as a troll title, it was submitted as a serious title.
lol
I signed up to play
MAFIA
, not so you could roll me town again.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6716 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:15 am

In post 6712, Bitmap wrote:What's the point of tryharding scum when you can float null-town and have a big town personality run down their scum list and lynch there?
Least effort possible to win is good but it doesn't make your play spectacularly impressive on its own.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6717 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:19 am

I forgot about that and it does make me feel differently about you saying that. I have definitely at different periods felt like certain players were just not trying to sort me even if I can't prove the reason. Definitely not what happened here though; not the playerlist where that happens.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6718 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

Bitmap's play was spectacular this game
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6719 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:23 am

Post by chennisden »

Impressive scum wins aren't where they all coast to endgame because nobody can bother to catch them and town implodes

Impressive scum wins are where they win by the hairs of their nose

That being said I don't care for impressive scum wins

All that matters is if I win
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #6720 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:24 am

It doesn't even have to be by the hair of your nose, what matters is what you actually did that stands out.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6721 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:25 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 6713, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 6711, Tammy wrote:. I thought you were pretty scummy for it, though I do know that accusing people of cheating when they haven't or wouldn't is not beyond you, so I wasn't 100% on it making you scum.

Would you like to discuss this with me?
I would probably yeah
In post 6714, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 6711, Tammy wrote:Your "paranoia" at end of day read fake as shit to me, and your insinuating Pine would play on an alt to cheat was over the top, rude, and extremely disrespectful.
Fake as shit is one thing, and I killed your slot for a reason.

Querying the mod [is this cheating] is not the same as saying [this is cheating and Pine would do it] and I make extremely careful plays around every possibility as both alignments as me not hammering to consider the possibility of not winning post hammer should attest.

I don't believe I ever implied Pine -would- cheat and if I did that wasn't my intention.
That's how I read it and why I thought it was fake. How I read it was that you were saying if they didn't hammer soon, Pine might get on as an alt and post so that Ausuka couldn't get her cop shot. It would have been cheating because xyzzy had stated more than once that you could not post on an alt if you were a player. I was having a hard time believing that you legitimately thought he would do that, so I was thinking you might have been trying to mimic paranoia.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Wagonomics
Wagonomics
Goon
Wagonomics
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6722 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:25 am

Post by Wagonomics »

In post 670, DrewVa wrote:
In post 616, Wagonomics wrote:You're just a pretty cool cat

Spoiler:
In post 6029, Arkham Asylum wrote:
In post 6023, Creature wrote:
In post 5929, xyzzy wrote:Who, RadiantCowbells, Creature, Ether, and Nancy Drew 39 are now a hydra.
Yey welcome Nacy
<3

You did say you wanted to hydra. We can also do a real hydra sometime. 39 Creatures and counting? :P
Sorry xyzzy about the frequency of Nancy posting from hydras that include me, but I think it's safe to say these are all easily Nancy and none of them are particularly game-related.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #6723 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:26 am

Post by Creature »

Sorry, was scared of screwing up what RC has built this game.
Sigh
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #6724 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:28 am

Post by chennisden »

HOW CAN WE SOLVE THIS GAME?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”