Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by implosion »

I think my early townreads on ceph and pops still feel good to me. Haschel i don't know how to interact with because he's playing this weird game where he kind of does things at the fringe of everything and he's done things that make me feel both directions as well. S_S is kind of a gut read at this point but my gut says he's town kind of strongly? that might change tomorrow.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 423, implosion wrote:
I liked her rant early. She hasn't done much since then.
She could be scum.

She is on my short list of people I need to sort directly more, along with hito.
Bolded is important. She's the type to make an effort to get an early TR then fly under the radar.

Cephrir and S_S are locktown for me right now. Implosion's racking up Townpoints too.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by implosion »

I've seen LLD's scumgame but I don't know what specific features it has that are distinct from her towngame.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by implosion »

VOTE: LLD
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 427, implosion wrote:I've seen LLD's scumgame but I don't know what specific features it has that are distinct from her towngame.
Also a fair point. She's more engaged and gamesolve-y as Town. Signs of questioning herself, looks stuff over and gives it real consideration. Less trite.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Pine »

I should really keep dossiers on people.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 426, Pine wrote:Bolded is important. She's the type to make an effort to get an early TR then fly under the radar.
What she did was extremely early though. Like 75% of her posts were in the first four pages, and I'll check but I doubt that many people had put her as town by that point.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 428, implosion wrote:VOTE: LLD
I could compromise here, but I'm going to stick to my guns for a bit.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:09 pm

Yeah, after going back and looking, she got pretty quiet after , but she wasn't really townread at that time. A few people listed her as somewhat trusted but that doesn't seem to be a situation where you'd strategically drop out and let them forget about that weak read.

Also of note is that two of the newbies, now cyanjet and Haschel, tried to vote LLD in their first post. So as much as I hate premature associatives, I doubt they jump on that bandwagon if they're partnered with her. (But I could see a scum newbie jumping on town, especially the second one to do so, Agoodcivilian who is now Haschel.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Pine »

Hmmm.

Fair points, but I keep coming back to my PoE.

Anyone on my Town list you want to burn at the stake?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:20 pm

Honestly, I'm not very hot on Haschel. When I sheeped Alisae onto you, I fully expected to catch flak for it. (The last game I made a blatant sheep vote like that I was promptly run up to L-1 in response.) He was the only one to really shade it, and he later voted me so he very well could have been setting it up back then.

Why is he on your town list?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 pm

In post 291, Haschel Cedricson wrote:As for my vote, you can consider it to be on
Alisae
xyzzy
, and
S_S
Also noteworthy :eek:
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 436, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 291, Haschel Cedricson wrote:As for my vote, you can consider it to be on
Alisae
xyzzy
, and
S_S
Also noteworthy :eek:
Not really. TvT is pretty common.

As for Haschel, his entrance was pretty good, and he seems to be making a concerted effort to sort and solve. This in particular caught my eye:
In post 280, Haschel Cedricson wrote:I hate the timing of the wagon. Two days ago, sure. Now, when we have actual content from people and the deadline is in three days? Hell no.
There's like no scum incentive for that kind of introspection. It shows critical thinking. He saw a strategy not working, and moved to correct it. Scum are best served to just let it ride, see if they can coast to an easy, blameless mislynch.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:31 pm

What did he actually do to try to correct it?

He took potshots for a little while, then voted me for making a post that didn't have definite conclusions.

That's not exactly the most compelling call to arms when you see town a few days from deadline without a good strategy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:32 pm

I do agree that the entrance was interesting, but he didn't really go anywhere with it. Just kinda said "Alisae's summary left out stuff and therefore it was bad" and then moved on.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

It's more I got demotivated by the Alisae interaction, honestly.

Also, I resent that you think I'm a step above active lurking as either alignment? I always post content based shit, and I always engage with the game

I'm kind of honestly tired too because I just finished winning in the MU championship game I was win as scum so.

I can focus here a bit more now at least? I dunno.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I feel like Pine is meant to know me better than that, and know I prefer scum over town, and if I do have an engagement preference its usually as scum?

Like I certainly don't get demotivated as scum... I rather enjoy it.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Scum have a factional nightkill, right?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by FakeGod »

In post 442, Cephrir wrote:Scum have a factional nightkill, right?
yes
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Cephrir »

'Kay.

I don't see any directions I feel especially good about moving at the moment. This disturbs me.

A thought: If town were able to plan pregame at all, we could have the playerlist alternate night 1 gun/night 1 rose and shoot the player below them to force scum not to take useful guns. Although I guess if that were +EV then the setup would just be vanilla 2:9 which is garbage for town which would make the setup balance crap and I'm hoping it isn't. Never mind?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 441, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I feel like Pine is meant to know me better than that, and know I prefer scum over town, and if I do have an engagement preference its usually as scum?

Like I certainly don't get demotivated as scum... I rather enjoy it.
Hey now, I didn't say you weren't engaged, a step above active lurking is a step above. I was actually suggesting that you would slowplay the thread when things are going well, nudging it in the right direction without exposing yourself. That's a crafty strategy, and one I'd respect.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

birthday today so don't really have time cause evening was filled with social things, but some stray thoughts:

don't get why Pine is so gung-ho on pops doing the lurker push making him mafia when I was repeating it verbatim and am a town read apparently?
haschel's reaction seems pretty forced given that xyzzy lynch was inevitable
LLD is weird because that reaction was so so town but I agree if you cover up the beginning of the thread with your thumb this kinda looks like LLD scum game. Well if she has more time for it today hopefully I'll get a better read

s_s
, why do you say "all of the scums kills" in post 400? are you treating it as certain that there are 1/2 mafia d1 guns?

also this post
In post 407, Something_Smart wrote:Maybe the answer to those "Who knows" questions is "Pine." He professed to have some experience with you, hopefully he can weigh in.
dissolved like...half of my town read on s_s. it's a real bad post!

VOTE: Haschel

Pine gets a brief stay of execution but I would hop back in a hot minute, and I think one more bad post from either s_s or cyan could get me on them. still no interest in pops/ceph wagons. still can't really read implo but whatever he's using his vote and a bunch of y'all aren't so I am going to give him a temporary "you are doing the thing and that is good enough for me for now" pass
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

hitogoroshi wrote:My reaction wasn't about the xyzzy lynch at all; Pine had finally started to act like an actual player in the game, I had questions I wanted answered, and then you ended the day five hours early despite both me and S_S saying we would be around to hammer. Thanks to you Pine got a whole 48 hours to think about what I asked him, which is exactly what I didn't want.

Gonna vacuum my house and then I'll dive in here. In the meantime:
FakeGod wrote:Please post at least once every four days. If you fail to do so, you will be replaced.
I believe Cyanjet hasn't logged onto MS in six days, let alone posted in the last four non-night days.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

EBWOP: I was trying to quote hito saying "haschel's reaction seems pretty forced given that xyzzy lynch was inevitable".
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by FakeGod »

In post 447, Haschel Cedricson wrote:I believe Cyanjet hasn't logged onto MS in six days, let alone posted in the last four non-night days.
Fortunately, I know him RL, and he is V/LA atm. He should be back tomorrow.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”