Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Post by Detective Pikachu »

I hear the scumminess really amplifies the more questionmarks there are at the end of a question
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1637, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 1635, Pine wrote:
In post 1633, Klick wrote:
In post 1622, Menalque wrote:I really don’t like how hard the push has been to divert away from gamma towards ofhrz/chemist (clearly increasingly ofhrz)
On the contrary, I'm surprised by how little attention ofhrz has received all day up until this point. Even now there's an alarming amount of fighting this wagon with hardly anyone expressing a townread on him.
My ofhrz TR is pretty strong.
Can you spell out how you got such a strong TR on ofrhz? I tried looking for the answer, but a Ctrl+F of ofrhz in your ISO yields two results.
Well, part of that is that I pretty frequently misspell his damn name. The other part is that in my stream of consciousness in I made heavy use of the
tag to make it easier to read than if I'd used the
tag. I tried to remember to use the person's name in my comment, but it didn't always happen, and I definitely misspelled it at least once (at a glance). Given that that post is where I developed and explained my ofrhz TR...*shrug*

Pages 20-23 in particular put Town!ofhrz on display. To adapt what I said in 1422, he was asking good questions, wasn't intimidated by Tim/RC pushing him, and displayed independent reasoning. He was unfazed by a flashwagon on him, and stayed focused on his own reads. Any one of those things looks Townish to me, and together they form a strong read.

Awww fuck it. I said like six hours I'd sit down with this in three, and it didn't happen. I'm not holding up the game any more. Come hell or high water, I'm not sleeping until I'm caught up.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1648, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1646, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1639, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1474, Pink Ball wrote:I want to agree with you Pine, but I've tried to derail Gamma's wagon for a while now and even after your big cool post there seems to be no change at all. ofrhz's vote on Gamma is demotivating at best and infuriating at worst
? Do you disagree that Cinnamon has been playing differently from their past town games?
I've never played with Cinnamon before and I don't do meta stuff. So the whole Cinnamon scumreads where because of meta? I don't remember that being the case.
Why would you say that my vote on Gamma is demotivating and infuriating when I said that I looked at Cinnamon's games and came to the conclusion that he is not playing his usual town game here?
Answer my question before asking your own.

Your vote on Gamma was infuriating because we were starting to discuss shit about that slot to see if we should continue with the lynch or maybe start another wagon, and you just came in, yeeted a vote on him and left. You've been really absent in general and especially during this day, so that intermition of yours was, as I said, demotivating for the rest of the people who were trying to figure things out.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1647, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1555, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 183, Cinnamon wrote:I agree with DP here Klick's push seems to be pretty bad. I don't think their reasons for pushing Pikachu are good at all.
We know DP is town, so here, Cinnamon took an early stance onto defending a player who was, at that time, being one of the first pushes in the game. This defense and stance looks good in retrospective thanks to new info we got.
In post 188, Cinnamon wrote:I have a bit of an EP scumread here. Their response to and not kind of suggests that they're trying to get Tim on their side, or at least take the spotlight off them. While it's not scum indicative to push on lurkers it's an easy way to generate a read as scum and it also helps bring attention to other players when he's getting pushed.
Again, we know Tim is town, so another good post in retrospective, and his logic makes sense from a town PoV: "I don't like the way you're trying to derail the attention on you by calling out a lurker".
In post 189, Cinnamon wrote:I like creature and Tim rn.
Again, Tim is town, and I'm townreading Creature.
In post 190, Cinnamon wrote:VOTE: EspressoPatronum

I'm cool with this right now.
Consistent vote.
The summary of this towncase on Cinnamon is that he had a few correct townreads (which isn't hard to fake because scum know who is town and who is not) and because of a consistent vote, which PB was also townreading me earlier for
In post 224, Cinnamon wrote:This is the sort of 'I'm pushing on you for lurking' without actually asking about the things that I've said that make me feel a bit uneasy about you since this type of push would be easy to do as scum.
And here and on he starts engaging with EP because of EP's scumread on him. Two things to say about this: one, is that I agree 100% with Cinnamon, the push from EP felt unfounded and if I were Cinnamon, I would've been frustrated with that push too; and two, is that if Cinnamon was scum, I think his reaction would've been different. Instead of answering with frustration everything EP said, I think he would've tried to engage with other players or at least try to look more comprehensive about EP's push on him, but that wasn't the case. He got in a 1v1 and he couldn't get out.
And having looked at Cinnamon's games, I think that Cinnamon is more aggressive as town and is actually more likely to engage in direct questioning with someone who is broadcasting a scumread on him
The summary of that towncase is that he was taking the correct stances, not that he was having correct townreads.

And the second part of your post seems like you agree with me??
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1650, Detective Pikachu wrote:I hear the scumminess really amplifies the more questionmarks there are at the end of a question
I'm VERY emotional right now after watching Stranger Things, you don't want to push my buttons Pikachu
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1649, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1641, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1556, Pink Ball wrote:Yep, I'm all clear: today's lynch, brought to you by your lovely host Pink Ball, is between ofrhz and Chemist! *cheers*
No I think this is pretty bad

Why do you scumread Chemist?
ofrhz, look into my eyes and say that again, say that you think that you and Chemist being my two best options is "pretty bad". Do you think you don't deserve to be lynched here? Do you think I'm wrong about you? Like you really think that? Like, take the whole "I'm town you're wrong" bullshit for a moment and tell me: am I wrong at scumreading you in this game? Should I be townreading you, for real????

Same question about Chemist, and now I DO have meta on him 'cause I've played two times with town!Chemist already, both times I've wanted to lynch him at some point on the game (the second time I did lynch him and I was wrong), so I know I tend to scumread him for the wrong reasons, but now I think it's different and I'm following that trail. Again, am I wrong at scumreading that slot? Should I townread him, for real????
I have been relatively absent sitewide. This isn't hard to check. I don't know why else you are scumreading me, but given the little time I have to set aside for this game, I think I have already put in a lot of effort all things considered by carefully evaluating Mena's case on Cinnamon and looking to read Chemist on my own.

I looked at Chemist's scumgame in Forkbomb Mafia and a majority of the (few) reads he gave there were reachy. Even the townreads he gave were somehow reachy.

I also think Chemist has shown that he is reacting fairly naturally to the pace of the game. His townread on Creature earlier today and dislike of some of RP's posts today both seem natural to me.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1652, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1648, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1646, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1639, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1474, Pink Ball wrote:I want to agree with you Pine, but I've tried to derail Gamma's wagon for a while now and even after your big cool post there seems to be no change at all. ofrhz's vote on Gamma is demotivating at best and infuriating at worst
? Do you disagree that Cinnamon has been playing differently from their past town games?
I've never played with Cinnamon before and I don't do meta stuff. So the whole Cinnamon scumreads where because of meta? I don't remember that being the case.
Why would you say that my vote on Gamma is demotivating and infuriating when I said that I looked at Cinnamon's games and came to the conclusion that he is not playing his usual town game here?
Answer my question before asking your own.

Your vote on Gamma was infuriating because we were starting to discuss shit about that slot to see if we should continue with the lynch or maybe start another wagon, and you just came in, yeeted a vote on him and left. You've been really absent in general and especially during this day, so that intermition of yours was, as I said, demotivating for the rest of the people who were trying to figure things out.
The meta? It was right here
In post 1341, ofrhz wrote:I don’t think menalque is just making up meta. A couple of cinnamons posts do seem like busywork. Cinnamon asking Tim for his townreads is a pretty general/vague question whereas cinn seems to only have asked questions about a specific player in his completed town games.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by ofrhz »

I didn't think Pikachu was all that towny early game, so the fact that Cinnamon correctly townread him so quickly is interesting but not a reason to townread the slot
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

ofrhz, again, you didn't answer my question. Should I be townreading you in this game? I don't believe I should. I'm not asking you to know why I'm scumreaidng you, I'm asking you, knowing how you play in general and how we both have played together, that if my scumread on you is bad or inconsistent with the information that I've got.

(about the "I've been absent sitewide, this isn't hard to check": I don't check those things)
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Let's say I start believing you're town because of your recent posting, and that you're right about Chemist. Who's scum? And take me out the equation, I'm not voting myself.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

And stop fucking implying that I'm townreading Cinnamon for having correct townreads, I already dismissed that.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by ofrhz »

I don't think you have to be townreading me, but I do think I've done some things that are townreadable already. I don't think I should be scumread for periodically lurking, but now that I think about it, I think you might've stopped playing mafia before I started lurking in some of my town games

My issue is that your top two pushes for today are me and someone else who I think is just lynchbait
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:29 pm

In post 1654, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1650, Detective Pikachu wrote:I hear the scumminess really amplifies the more questionmarks there are at the end of a question
I'm VERY emotional right now after watching Stranger Things, you don't want to push my buttons Pikachu
but what if the buttons I want to push are the ones that make you smile :(
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Gamma, RedPanda and ???

I think you're still in my bottom three but I'm willing to reconsider

I townread Mena, Klick, and Creature

So not in those three or DP I guess
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1662, Detective Pikachu wrote:
In post 1654, Pink Ball wrote:
but what if the buttons I want to push are the ones that make you smile :(
Omg

That was actually wholesome as fuck
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1661, ofrhz wrote:I don't think you have to be townreading me, but I do think I've done some things that are townreadable already. I don't think I should be scumread for periodically lurking, but now that I think about it, I think you might've stopped playing mafia before I started lurking in some of my town games

My issue is that your top two pushes for today are me and someone else who I think is just lynchbait
Hmmm yeah I usually use our famous Newbie as a reference of your playstyle so you may be right on that one.

And YES, I know Chemist is lynchbait, but lynchbait players can roll scum too, ya know?

But for fucks sake I do like your point of view 'cause I've been tempted on scumreading RP for a long time, but with Gamma? RP was pushing him hard, it didn't seem like distancing to me.

UNVOTE: ofrhz
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Espresso seems pretty towny too

Idk about Gamma and RP being SvS. RP's "oh but Gamma is actually probably town because scum have daychat!" is kind of really bad? Idk if it's partner-y bad, it's just bad

I think I would rather just lynch who I think is the scummiest and go from there.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:52 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Pikachu do you have a read on Gamma?
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:02 pm

I think I'd prefer he flip scum so that I could go out on a high note
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:04 pm

He seems to really like Pokemon, I like him, seems like a cool fellar. Not sure what his rolecard is, could go either way, but I kinda feel like he's probably today's consensus lynch one way or the other and his flip is probably good for gamestate? I've kinda been waiting for everyone to feel kinda caught up before pushing for a claim but I haven't really seen a reason yet to go somewhere else tbh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Not sure about offers as a wagon, will look him over for myself, as well as Chemist since those seem to be the consensus outside of me v Menalque
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1072, Menalque wrote:new readslist

DP
RP
EP
pine
ofhrz
klick
chemist

creature
pink
gamma
Menalque et al, can you label your lists more cogently? I have no idea how to read this.

Most people simple do a rank-ordered scummiest to towniest or the inverse, or else put people into labeled categories.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Pine, top is town and bottom is scum... it's a straightforward list :P
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1164, Creature wrote:
In post 1163, Klick wrote:Activity tell? I'm unfamiliar.
Oh right you're not 2018 generation.
Okay, but without labels and an odd gap in the middle, that's hard to tell. I've been reading Menalque, so I could intuit that GEmerald was the bottom, but lacking that it's confusing.

Up to page 52. Probably done within half an hour.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Post by Pine »

Fell asleep at my desk. Never mind, finish in the morning.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”