Mini Theme 2094 : Undertale Semi-Open: Game over!

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Mini Theme 2094 : Undertale Semi-Open: Game over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Uncommon RulesExperienced players are often tempted to skim the rules, so here are the rules unique to popsofctown modding to be aware of.
  1. You must play to win the game. This is a common rule, but enforcement is uncommon.
  2. "Pretending to break a rule is the same as breaking a rule" is included in Common Rules below, but it is particularly important with this rule. It's allowed to claim you are not fighting to win quite as hard as you did last game, but you cannot claim not to be playing to your win at all, even as a tactic that you believe gets you closer to your win condition.
  3. The above two rules do not constitute a blanket ban on selfvoting or bussing, which often either furthers the wincondition, or in other cases is just a manner of conceding an unwinnable game to the other team.
  4. If you feel totally unable to play to your win condition due to personal conflicts with other players, please request replacement upon realizing this.
  5. This game is using a special rule that relates to hammer testing. When you make a vote, (this includes
    special
    votes
    ), you can post,
    in bold
    I and all members of my faction that are known to me, VOTE: popsofctown and win the game
    . Do not name any other members of your faction. If you've made a mistake and voting together with any/all partners would not win you the game, it will be treated simply as a vote. If you haven't made a mistake, then you will perform votes on behalf of your teammates and win the game.
  6. The above rule does not work if you do not have the information required to know that it would win the game. For example, if you are Masons with a player and one scum remains among five players, you cannot cause your teammate to vote popsofctown with you. It would only work if you previously investigated popsofctown as guilty in an open setup.

Common RulesTemplated from singletonking, hoping for forgiveness over permission.
  1. All site-wide rules apply. In particular:
    No discussion of ongoing games is allowed

2. All standard rules of Mafia apply. This means:
    1. Do not quote your Role PM or any other PMs from the Mod, real or fabricated.
    2. Do not quote private topics.
    3. Do not edit or delete your post, even if you have the ability to do so.
    4. Do not use encrypted text, small text, bright-coloured text, or otherwise make it hard to see what you are writing.
    5. Do not use cryptography or other complex information hiding. If you hide information in a post, it must be based purely on the English letters in that post, without shifting them to different letters based on any kind of rule, and they must be left-to-right.
    6. Do not discuss this game outside this thread or PTs related to this game you have access to.
    7. Do not use provable randomness. This means no dice tags.
  3. Do not fake mod posts/edits.
  4. Pretending to break a rule is breaking a rule
  5. Once your death scene is posted, you may not post. No bah posts.
  6. Be civil to other players. Criticize play, not players. As a rule of thumb, profane nouns or profane adjectives that describe player will start strikes against you; describing actions of a player will not.
  7. Do not quote or copy/paste from any private thread into any other thread (including the main thread). Please paraphrase instead. However, it is permitted to copy anything from the main thread into any private threads.
  8. No set of rules can be complete. If you think something is wrong, please don't do it. Breaking the spirit of rules is also disallowed. Do not encourage others to break the rules either. If in doubt, please PM me.
  9. Breaching of rules will usually result in a warning initially, but depending on severity, may result in a force-replacement or modkill.
  10. During the course of the game I may add extra rules if necessary. These rule changes will be announced publicly.

Deadlines, Activity, and replacements
  1. Day start. Days will last N+2 days, where N is the number of players alive, but no greater than eleven days.
  2. When not otherwise stated, assume other lynchesque decisions will also follow this formula.
  3. Nights will last 48 hours.
  4. Prods will be issued if you do not post for 48 hours.
  5. If you get three or more prods, or fail to respond to a prod by posting in thread within 24 hours (or by PM if at Night), I will begin seeking for a replacement.
  6. If you expect to be unable to post for a while, please declare V/LA in thread. Should your V/LA be unreasonably long (>5 days), however, I strongly suggest you request replacement.
  7. You will still be prodded while on V/LA, but these will not count towards the above three prod limit. An official prod will be sent 24 hours after your V/LA ends if you haven't posted then.
  8. If a replacement happens at Night, deadline will be paused until a replacement is found.
  9. If you would like to replace out, please PM me. Do not publicly replace out, discuss about wanting to replace out, threaten to replace out, or persuade/dissuade others from replacing out for any reason other than activity. If you think the mods have not noticed an activity issue, you can PM the me to take not of it, but I will not credit your arguments about whether the activity level is replaceworthy or not.
  10. Once your replacement request is publicized, it is final. You must cease to post. Inquiries about possibly retaining the slot must be conducted by mod PM.
  11. Special Activity rules for Undertale SemiOpen: If you have been spared, you do not need to post as frequently, especially in the thread, where you are not allowed to post. However, you must post every 96 hours or you will be prodded, and have 72 hours to pick up your prod. At moderator discrection, Spared PT prods will usually not count for the three strikes rule.

Voting Rules
  1. To vote, use heal tags or hurt tags. HEAL: popsofctown, HURT: popsofctown. Removing players from the game in the pacifist route will use vote tags, VOTE: popsofctown, as we select players to go live among the humans where they will probably die if they are wicked. The other two routes will continue to use hurt tags.
  2. Abbreviations or misspellings in votes will be accepted as long as it is clear who you are voting for.
  3. Nicknames in votes will be accepted only if they fall into the above categories. Otherwise, nicknames based on other sources such as (but not limited to) avatars, titles and other accounts will not be accepted.
  4. You can remove your selection by healing or hurting the mod. The UNVOTE: tag will only work in the pacifist core. (I will be skimming the thread for reds and yellows.)
  5. A strict majority (more than half) of players is required to achieve a kill or sparing.
  6. Once majority is achieved, it is final, and the Day will end immediately with further votes and unvotes being invalid.
  7. I will do my best to ensure that each vote count is accurate. Check the vote counts. If I make a grave error I may reset all votes at my discretion.
  8. If there is no killing or sparing decision by the deadline, the mafia will be privately contacted to make a killing or sparing decision on behalf of the town.

Setup:

Undertale Semi-open
2 Mafia Goons

8 Vanilla Townies

1 Town Character

Each day, town must vote to
Kill
one player (HURT: or VOTE: ) or
Spare
one player (HEAL: ). Votes are made to either Kill a specific player or Spare a specific player, and a player can only have one vote total across both options. Players may vote to spare themselves. (They may also vote to kill themselves.) This is mandatory so if no majority is reached on either option by deadline, plurality wins out. The mafia may kill a player each night. (This does not count as a capital-K Kill for any other mechanics.)

If a player is
Killed
, their role is revealed and they take no further part in the game.

If a player is
Spared
, their role is not revealed, and they are temporarily removed from the game and added to a separate Spared PT. However, they may possibly rejoin the game, when the
Core
is reached. If a mafia member is spared, they may continue to talk in the mafia chat in addition to the Spared PT.

If both mafia members are Killed, town immediately wins. If both mafia members are Spared before the
Core
, mafia immediately wins. Otherwise, the
Core
is reached immediately after the end of Day 4. At this point, one of three things will happen:

Pacifist Route:
If no players were Killed, the game enters the Pacifist Ending. There is no Night 4 kill. If all four Spared players were town, town immediately wins. Otherwise, all players still in the game must vote to Spare a fifth player, after which all the non-Spared players are immediately removed from the game without flipping, and the Spared players are returned to the game. The mafia kill one (Spared) player, and then the game then continues with only the remaining Spared players alive.
Neutral Route:
If at least one player was Spared and at least one player was Killed, the game enters the Neutral Ending. All Spared players rejoin the game, and the number of Spared mafia members (but not their identities) is revealed. The mafia get one kill on Night 4, plus one more if a mafia member was Spared. The game continues with the previous living players and the Spared players both alive.
Genocide Route:
If no players were Spared, the game enters the Genocide Ending. The player with the most LOVE-- that is, the player who was on the most wagons that led to a Kill-- is determined, and the alignment of this player is publicly revealed. (For tiebreaks, see the footnote*) There is no Night 4 factional nightkill. The game continues with no further change.

After the
Core
is reached, regardless of the ending, the game will continue as a normal game of mafia, with lynches and nightkills, and no-lynching allowed. Mafia win at parity, town win by eliminating all mafia.

The possible Town Characters are:
  • Toriel: As long as no player has been Killed, Toriel can protect another player from a kill each night before the
    Core
    is reached. If Toriel protects a player from a kill in this way, she can no longer use her ability.
  • Asgore: If the
    Core
    is reached in a Neutral Route and Asgore is still in the game, he may jailkeep one player each night,
    starting Night 5
    . When a nightkill is prevented as a result of his night action, he is demoted to a doctor.
  • Undyne: On Night 2, if no player has been Spared, Undyne may choose any player, including herself, to be permanently bulletproof. They are not informed of this. This goes away if a player is ever Spared, or when the
    Core
    is reached.
*LOVE tiebreaks between players on the same number of wagons are: Lowest sum of their positions on the wagons -> On the earliest lynch wagon -> On the earlier position on the earliest Kill wagon they are on. This should resolve all LOVE ties.

Tips on the SetupHere are some quick look observations about the implications of the mechanics in this setup. These observations were made before roles were assigned.
  1. Early claiming from the town power role is detrimental as all of them are vulnerable to a factional nightkill.
  2. Early crumbing as a town power role and, therefore, as a mafia goon, is potentially powerful.
  3. Any of the three roles can be fakeclaimed just as easily as the others due to the semiopen nature of the setup. It is better to counterclaim a roleclaim using the role that would best match your play throughout the game, rather than the one that correctly matches the subsetup. None of the claims are testable. The exception to this is that Asgore becomes almost impossible to claim once a night passes with no nightkill.
  4. Undyning yourself always protects a town-aligned player, but undyning someone else has potential investigative effects.
  5. The LOVE mechanic can be leashed, but leashing is only beneficial to the extent you get information about a player who had different dayplay. Ruining all the game's dayplay by arguing about a LOVE mechanic leash could not prove worth it's cost. Where there is strong groupthink about where to leash it, this cost is reduced.
  6. And last, but not least, note that Day4 of the pacifist route might be LyLo, and the mafia already know whether it's LyLo.

Spoiler: Living Players
Five of them (including spared)
Something_Smart
chennisden
Elements
Chemist1422
Adorable

Spoiler: Spared Players
chennisden, Elements, Chemist1422, Something_Smart, Adorable

Spoiler: Players pounded into white pixel vapor
Gamma Emerald, DrDolittle, Emperor flippyNips

Spoiler: Schrodingered Players
Oversoul, Dr Easy Bake, volxen

Spoiler: Journeying players
Zero of them

Game links:
Day 1 decision
Day 2 decision
Day 3 decision
Day 4 decision
Special Spare decision
Last edited by popsofctown on Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:26 am, edited 22 times in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by volxen »

First. And I am masons with Chennisden.

HURT: Dr Easy Bake

Someone sheep me on DEB.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Post by Elements »

I don't believe you. @mod could we have a player list please?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

Something_Smart
Gamma Emerald
chennisden
Elements
Oversoul
DrDolittle
Dr Easy Bake
volxen
Chemist1422
Adorable
Emperor flippyNips

A more formal "Alive/Dead" list is coming later today.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:40 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

morning
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:49 am

Post by Elements »

In post 4, Chemist1422 wrote:morning
It's afternoon where I am. A more chronologically neutral getting would be "Time of day"
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:52 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 5, Elements wrote:
In post 4, Chemist1422 wrote:morning
It's afternoon where I am. A more chronologically neutral getting would be "Time of day"
good morning/day/evening/night/whatever other time it might be for y'all

that better?
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:56 am

Post by Elements »

Much, now it can be read absent of time
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:04 am

Post by Something_Smart »

HEAL: Something_Smart

Now this is an RVS vote I can get behind.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:07 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

GTKAS

Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:09 am

Post by Elements »

It's always good to have something smart locked away for a troublesome day
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:38 am

Post by chennisden »

Hi Volxen!

HEAL:
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:38 am

Post by chennisden »

Nice

HEAL: chennisden
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:41 am

Post by chennisden »

Uh we should go with neutral spare 3 heal 1 its like a "party" mechanic
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:47 am

Post by chennisden »

Im thinking prolly spare spare kill spare or spare kill spare spare prolly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:56 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Hmm.

If all three spared are town, that works out pretty well for us, but it would be better if we could just spare four town and win on the spot.

Otherwise, we get dumped into a LYLO with a 1v1 unless the one kill hits scum.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

Votecount 1.1
Kill votes:

Something_Smart -----(0)
Gamma Emerald -------(0)
chennisden ------------(0)
Elements -------------(0)
Oversoul --------------(0)
DrDolittle --------------(0)
Dr Easy Bake ----------(1) volxen
volxen -----------------(0)
Chemist1422-----------(0)
Adorable----------------(0)
Emperor flippyNips-----(0)

Spare votes:

Something_Smart -----(2) Something_Smart, Elements
Gamma Emerald -------(0)
chennisden ------------(1) chennisden
Elements -------------(0)
Oversoul --------------(0)
DrDolittle --------------(0)
Dr Easy Bake ----------(0)
volxen -----------------(0)
Chemist1422-----------(0)
Adorable----------------(0)
Emperor flippyNips-----(0)

Voting for a Kill:
:
volxen
Voting for a Spare:
: Something_Smart, Elements, chennisden
Not voting at all:
Gamma Emerald, Oversoul, DrDolittle, Dr Easy Bake, Chemist1422, Adorable, Emperor flippyNips.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to make a choice.
"Well, I..."
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:29 am

Post by DrDolittle »

so like we just need to find 2 conf towns to win the game via the neutral route? sounds easy enough even if we are just drawing normally.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:31 am

Post by DrDolittle »

we even have a PR. if PR claims, and no cc, we just need to find 1 more conf town. with cc, we just need to dodge 1 mafia. what's wrong with that thought
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:32 am

Post by Oversoul »

How would claiming help the game at all?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:32 am

Post by Oversoul »

Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:37 am

Post by Elements »

I was thinking we spare the biggest town read each day
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:39 am

Post by Elements »

In post 19, Oversoul wrote:How would claiming help the game at all?
I don't see how claiming helps. If there is a claim we can spare them but their ability won't mean anything and we lose the advantage of their existence in the first place
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:40 am

Post by Elements »

^ I was agreeing with you oversoul