Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 1173, alimdia wrote:I also don't see why scum would kill Xtoxm, wouldn't they kill Zenith or dongfish instead?
That screams like a third party/vig kill to me.
Xtoxm was not a Vigilante kill as I have recently stated.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1166, Sujimichi wrote:I do not like Pine's associations with alimdia as I mentioned toward the start of Day 2.
Agreed.

In post 1168, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 1162, gobbledygook wrote:To the person who asked me why Mastina.
That was me. Thank you. Could you also explain the following?
In post 1156, Sujimichi wrote:You had me in your “townblock” prior to my assertion I preferred a Thief Stone vote, so could you explain why?
Also, I am not going to dance around this anymore given that I have hinted at this in my posting yesterday (which is why I wanted something more from gobbledygook then my preference for the Thief Stone) and my Flavor Claim is indicative of it. I am a Vigilante, and I did kill Pine. I require the Thief Stone to work which is why there was no shot last night.
It was partly your day play on the first day and pops read on you. When you asked for the Thief Stone it confirmed to me that you were probably vig. When Alimidia started asking obvious questions about it, I felt like your cover was blown so I revealed so Wake could have a target to protect. At this point, if you die before Wake dies, then Wake is scum. Plus we can use your shot to kill half of the remaining PoE people. I think it is probably GG unless Dong and SS are scum lel
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 1140, Something_Smart wrote:No. I can only ask each question once.

I thought Zenith already said that.
In post 1141, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1139, alimdia wrote:uh I thought full claimed already.

Mainly the self suicide if use ability 4 times seems weird.
I get the next modifier off of a list after each use of the power when the mage stone isn't active. The second modifier is "confused"-- cannot fill in blanks with anything containing the letter E.
The fourth modifier is "suicidal"-- that is, commits suicide at the end of the next day.

The modifiers seem meant to progress roughly in severity from less bad to more bad; through that lens, suicidal seems like a logical conclusion. It also neatly guarantees that he won't ever have to worry about what happens if I run off the end of the list-- I'll die before I can ask another question.

Also, it makes thematic sense, because my mod is Lovecraft-based and the idea is the more information I gather the more insane I become until it eventually drives me to suicide.

Among other things, I haven't claimed what the first and third modifiers are. I have no intention of doing so until it becomes relevant.
I wanted to see if you'd contradict anything he said./ Annyone, of the questions he said he could ask was "I can also ask if there is a blank in the game."
And blank can only be 1 word? Which doesn't sound really useful :|
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 1175, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 1173, alimdia wrote:I also don't see why scum would kill Xtoxm, wouldn't they kill Zenith or dongfish instead?
That screams like a third party/vig kill to me.
Xtoxm was not a Vigilante kill as I have recently stated.
Sorry missed it.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

Thank you, gobbledygook. I apologize for my scrutiny earlier.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1179, Sujimichi wrote:Thank you, gobbledygook. I apologize for my scrutiny earlier.
It's ok. I understand why you reacted the way you did, especially when I openly said you were the vig. I would have reacted the same way. I partly did it because SS said the game is in #winmode if he could find the vig + one more townie. At this point, operating under the assumption that Wake is town gets us to that 5 person town bloc. At any rate, Wake reveals himself as scum if you ever die, so I thought it was safe to do what I did.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1177, alimdia wrote:I wanted to see if you'd contradict anything he said./ Annyone, of the questions he said he could ask was "I can also ask if there is a blank in the game."
And blank can only be 1 word? Which doesn't sound really useful :|
Fair enough.

That one could definitely be useful. My current favorite for that slot is "Is there a bodyguard in the game?" Odds that Wake is scum bodyguard are minuscule so a "yes" seems like a pretty safe bet that Wake is town. I could also do "IC" if for whatever reason we were unable to confirm DF (not positive, but I'm pretty sure the mod would allow me to do IC instead of spelling out innocent child).

Though there's a different question I think I'd rather ask instead, but we'll see. It's dependent on who we lynch and what they flip as well.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 1169, Eve wrote:wasn't Xtoxm townreading me?

i think from a balance standpoint if you have a game full of PRs - stone leveling is gonna activate more town abilities than scum abilities since a lot of people have claimed that stones power them up - so leveling is great for town and bad for scum overall

that's why i think it's likely there's scum there
In post 1170, Eve wrote:it's snowbally basically if scum have no control over it
Does that read as frustrated scum?

Regarding the powering up, everyone that has flipped except Xtoxm doesn't have a 'if the stone is lvl 5, then I get stronger version of my skill'.
Wake has claimed to have a stronger skill at lvl 5. I have a stronger skill at lvl 5. Dongfish claimed to be an IC at lvl 5.
So I don't think the leveling part is overpowered since it takes 3 days and 2 nights before a stone is lvl 5 if we do the same stone everytime.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1181, Something_Smart wrote:Fair enough.That one could definitely be useful. My current favorite for that slot is "Is there a bodyguard in the game?" Odds that Wake is scum bodyguard are minuscule so a "yes" seems like a pretty safe bet that Wake is town. I could also do "IC" if for whatever reason we were unable to confirm DF (not positive, but I'm pretty sure the mod would allow me to do IC instead of spelling out innocent child).Though there's a different question I think I'd rather ask instead, but we'll see. It's dependent on who we lynch and what they flip as well.
If you do go down this route, please let me know which role you're planning on asking about. I am a Jack of All Trades so there could be a false positive.

We probably need a full claim from the PoE pool too.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Bodyguard is *not* one of my abilities, but I think Wake is self resolving so it might be better to ask about another power.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by alimdia »

Asking if there is an IC is a waste, since it will be revealed (or not) the next day.
If dongfish doesn't get confirmed IC after the thief stone is lvl 5, the scum is dongfish and gobble.
If he does, gobble can only be scum with Zenith (SS)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:01 pm

In post 1184, gobbledygook wrote:Bodyguard is *not* one of my abilities, but I think Wake is self resolving so it might be better to ask about another power.
Problem is, I can't ask about a power that could conceivably exist as a scum power. Because then the existence of it would tell me nothing.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

What can you generally ask for today's question?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1187, gobbledygook wrote:What can you generally ask for today's question?
Actually

Before anyone answers anything

Eve
Alimidia
Mastina

All need to claim everything about their role.

I think depending on the question that SS can ask and whether Suj can vig tonight, will determine who Wake protects. The other likely dies. (sorry)

So I would like Mastina to claim first. Then Alimidia. Then Eve.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

I have already stated that I can use my ability each night the Thief Stone is active, and it is currently active.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Ok. Well, I think the town waits for those three to claim and then we enter into night action planning. I think the likelihood of Mastina scum is like 75%. I would have hoped pride as either alignment would have gotten her to post in this game, but I'm not sure.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Sujimichi »

Also, I believe that Something_Smart has a claimed 1-shot Bulletproof ability and there has not yet been a missing kill.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1110, Something_Smart wrote:Mastina ISO is really unimpressive. I would like to hear more from her if possible.
So would I but this game is a real struggle for me.
In post 1119, gobbledygook wrote:I think the two scum are within {Wake88, Eve, Alimidia, Mastina}
I'd have replaced Alimidia with you if not for the cop inno on you.

Which is why my vote is on Wake.
Yesterday I thought the scum were in {Wake, Turkey, BS}. BS flipped scum, Turkey got copped, leaves Wake as the obvious vote.
In post 1157, Eve wrote:i haven't seen you give reasons for him specifically as scum yesterday or seen you vote him
I did:
In post 965, mastina wrote:
In post 829, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 826, mastina wrote:
In post 809, jjh927 wrote:
Xtoxm replaces Aeronaut!
Now we just need to somehow con kuribo into joining us here. :P
Are you going to contribute anything of substance to this game?
Hard to say. It's kinda a bit demotivating to have no powers in a role madness game--like I said, I understand exactly why GIF flaked out of this game. It's incredibly hard to get motivated because I've got nothing to look forward to, nothing to engage on, and am not really getting much in the way of thoughts.

I gave this before:
In post 727, mastina wrote:(I am basically at the spot of trusting Zenith's claim to be town and having minor gut townreads on alimdia and Formerfish but uh. There's nine players I have to read and I've got townreads on only three of them which is less than half the amount I need and even those reads amount to just looking at their posts and thinking "yeah I think that's probably town".)
In post 728, mastina wrote:Oh I guess Eve is also a maybe in townreads but it'd be of an even lower tier.
I feel like I can maybe maybe maybe if I am more awake get a read on Suji, but I don't have one yet.

So that'd be:
Zenith

Dongfish
alimidia

Eve?

{Blatant Scum, Wake, Aeronaut, Turkey} | {Suji}.
(Suji separate as like the others, no read, but unlike the others, probably can get a read, just...need to be more awake to properly process and create it.)
This is mostly unchanged, aside from me being able to mention that you said that your game in Jingle's micro was your first scumgame, which indicates you being town here, but there's the matter of whether you had the intelligence to fake that + needing to compare your play there to here and crossreference it to Gamma's game. Initial thoughts, I probably trust you there and think that this is probably town, but it's not definite town, so that's like:

Zenith

Dongfish
alimidia
Sujimichi

Eve

With last scum in {Blatant Scum, Wake, Aeronaut/Xtoxm, Turkey}.
Xtoxm's a lazy townread--not a real townread but a "eh, I'll let him be town for now" read out of laziness.
Which leaves 2/3 scum in {Blatant Scum, Wake, Turkey}. None of which I am townreading and none of which I am scumreading.

It's a bit survivalistic, but:
VOTE: Blatant Scum.
Leading wagon other than me + in the POE of three players most likely to contain scum.
In post 1188, gobbledygook wrote:So I would like Mastina to claim first. Then Alimidia. Then Eve.
I already did claim. It's literally in the quote above.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

You are not a VT. I do not believe that for a second.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1192, mastina wrote:I'd have replaced Alimidia with you if not for the cop inno on you.Which is why my vote is on Wake.Yesterday I thought the scum were in {Wake, Turkey, BS}. BS flipped scum, Turkey got copped, leaves Wake as the obvious vote.
I find it odd that you incorporate the new info about me into your reads, but not about Wake.

Why is it more likely Wake is lying about being a bodyguard than Zenith lying, or me being scum with Dong?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:52 pm

In post 1192, mastina wrote:So would I but this game is a real struggle for me.
I feel that. :( Hope you get the opportunity to involve a little more.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:55 pm

In post 1192, mastina wrote:BS flipped scum
Come again? :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:55 pm

Mastina, what was the mod's justification for making you VT?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:56 pm

Hey, guess what doesn't have an E in it?

"VT"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:57 pm

I guess if I wanted to cop mastina, we'd have to lynch Eve?

In theory.

Mastina, why aren't you reevaluating your reads in light of the new information (claims and such)? Why does scum-Wake claim bodyguard?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”