gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:23 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 349, Egix96 wrote:
In post 348, gobbledygook wrote:Now, I have a question for you, Egix.
Why did you ask me about Sujimichi, but not ask Sujimichi about his reads or opinions?
It stuck out to me like a sore thumb that you were townreading Suji for what I regarded as three NAI posts, and why would I question Suji's townreads when they were similar to my own?
So having two similar townreads precludes you from asking Sujimichi about his other opinions?
Note to self: When scum against Egix, just mimic his reads.
Rabid Schnauzer
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Rabid Schnauzer »

In post 342, gobbledygook wrote:I have previously caught you!scum based on your activity levels.
You guessed correctly once.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:28 am

Post by gobbledygook »

My Activity Flow analysis is peer reviewed, tyvm
Rabid Schnauzer
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Rabid Schnauzer »

VOTE: gobble
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:29 am

Post by gobbledygook »

:lol:
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:33 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 348, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 347, EspressoPatronum wrote:If you think I'm scum, then I would be trying to conceal that I am scum.
True, but you would not not do something (read: you would do something) you thought concealed you as scum. ;) It is possible that another explanation for the random comment about STRQ and policy is that you fully believed it to be your town meta to do such a thing. This is further supported by the fact that you admit you thought you policy voted a hydra in another game.
In post 344, EspressoPatronum wrote:Ahh, I see. I could have sworn I've done a hydra policy vote, but I can't find one in any of my other games either.
It is possible that you were aware of that meta and thought detracting from that meta needed an explanation. You just happened to be wrong about your own meta. :P
I think we're in deep enough here that whatever I say will be WIFOM one way or another.

I trust that whatever your read of me becomes later in the game, the hydra voting thing will be one of many reasons for said read.
In post 347, EspressoPatronum wrote:Are you asking about Titus because you also scumread her? Why not ask about the townreads, too?
I have a This Game answer and a Not This Game answer to this question.
This Game Answer: I think it is interesting that you both scumread one another.
Fair point. What do you think of Titus' reasoning?

And further, do you think my read of her questioning on me is accurate?
Not This Game Answer: I think it is easier to find scum by looking at their scumhunting, not their townhunting.
Addendum to the Not This Game: Scum are going to be necessarily correct when they call townies town. Probing a scum's mind for correctly townreading a townie seems like an exercise fit for a Lovecraft punishment. [...]
Re: the addendum -- I sometimes find it helpful to sort people based on their reasons for townreading (eg. Volpe's reason for townreading me in TM20). Your scumreads won't always be correct, so sometimes you can find town based on their town reads.

That being said, I know from MM2 that your specialty is looking for scum first. It makes sense that you'd therefore focus on your suspect's reasons for their scumreads.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Chronos »

In post 322, gobbledygook wrote:However, I have a question: do wolves always do logical things?
The point wasn't even that. It's about how town thinks wolves act, not how they actually act, and the read itself is not dependent on what a wolf would be logical or not, but if town!Egix would decide to vote for someone because they didn't want to vote a hydra based on "reads as a wolf not wanting to stick their foot in" without even considering "Why would a wolf even do that, if it's that awkward?" It's his conviction that's unwarranted given the evidence and it has nothing to do with what EP did.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:02 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 356, Chronos wrote:
In post 322, gobbledygook wrote:However, I have a question: do wolves always do logical things?
The point wasn't even that. It's about how town thinks wolves act, not how they actually act, and the read itself is not dependent on what a wolf would be logical or not, but if town!Egix would decide to vote for someone because they didn't want to vote a hydra based on "reads as a wolf not wanting to stick their foot in" without even considering "Why would a wolf even do that, if it's that awkward?" It's his conviction that's unwarranted given the evidence and it has nothing to do with what EP did.
What do you think about my opinions on EP? I am following much the same reasoning that Egix did. My conviction might be different. :nerd:

What do you think of RS’s vote on me?
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Chronos »

It sucks.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by mastina »

Just gonna link to with a solid note of approval as a very good dressing down of Adorable. But to give my own:
In post 74, Adorable wrote:Did I miss rvs and we're all on serious votes now? Two votes on page 2 looked like they were serious votes and some of the votes on page 3 looked like they were rvs.
This was Adorable's entrance into this game. It was more or less complaining and displaying confusion, which she kept generic. On the bottom of page three.

This immediately stuck out to me, because this was Adorable's entrance into a similar game with similar content:
In post 49, Adorable wrote:It's been a while since I last played a game here. I hope Elements is not scum again and I remember scum Elements was asking questions just like he's doing here.
In post 97, Adorable wrote:VOTE: Elbirn
I don't like how Elbirn votes without providing a reason and this is very frowned upon.
There's no complaining, there's no confusion. There's a fluff post and then a brief, succinct, serious vote.
In post 112, Adorable wrote:
In post 27, mastina wrote:
In post 26, mastina wrote:
In post 20, eyestott wrote:Why are you including the hydra in this?
Purely because until EspressoPatronum ruined it, we were the only three slots to have posted. :P
Speaking of,
VOTE: EspressoPatronum
For ruining the three-man posting townbloc on page one. :P
This is not really a good vote reason to scum read someone. You scum read Espresso for doing an rvs on page 1 while you were interacting with eyestott and Team on page 1? Isn't page 1 normally supposed to be rvs?
In post 110, mastina wrote:
In post 45, Chronos wrote:I have no idea who that is, but rest assured, if it was someone you didn’t like, they’re not in the game.
Eh, I'm probably one of the few who didn't inherently dislike Yume.
In post 45, Chronos wrote:Mastina, what do you think of the post I quoted? On EP.
Well I voted Espresso. :P
I'm not convinced Espresso is scum, but Espresso certainly isn't locktown.
You say you're not convinced Espresso is scum but you still leave your vote on him? If you were not convinced a player is scum then wouldn't it make more sense to not vote the player if you're not convinced they are scum?
VOTE: mastina

I'm pretty much just trying to get the feel of the game understanding on what's going on right now.
And it was cemented here because of the immediate dissonance. Adorable claimed to be struggling to get a feel of the game and understanding what's going on--but Adorable forced a rather strong omgus-stance on me here (keep in mind, I had already noted I was suspicious of Adorable by this point) and was giving immediate, forced, content and analysis.

This is a dead-ringer for Adorable's entrance into her only scumgame; there, she gave that same immediate analysis.

Now let's take a look at some of Adorable's other towngames' early entrances for comparison.
Spoiler: Like so!
Subject: Newbie 1943: Crosswords (Game Over)
Adorable wrote:Sorry for late entrance. This game started when I was asleep. I'm new to the forum and I have played mafia on 2 other forums.
Adorable wrote:I'm catching up and it looks like everyone is still at rvs except for TemporalLich who said he declared his rvs vote no more and it looked like he made a serious vote. I couldn't tell if Teacher was still at rvs or if he also did a serious vote.
Adorable wrote:
In post 71, Robbnva wrote:
In post 69, Adorable wrote:I'm catching up and it looks like everyone is still at rvs except for TemporalLich who said he declared his rvs vote no more and it looked like he made a serious vote. I couldn't tell if Teacher was still at rvs or if he also did a serious vote.
I’m not in rvs. Not sure why you assumed that.
Teacher said he was trying to be funny and said he failed. I'm guessing he was directing this at you and that's why I thought you were still at rvs.
This is my first time quoting and I don't know how this will come out.
This was Adorable's first game on site. Notice the difference between her entrance there and her entrance here? I sure do. Her entrance there was far more fluid and organic, which clear analysis done but not forced onto one person. There's no hint of complaining, there's very little in terms of confusion--why was Adorable's first game onsite showing no confusion at a nearly-identical situation to this game, whereas this game after she's had far more experience she displays some?
In post 145, Adorable wrote:Some power roles prefer to play passive so that they don't attract attention to scum and be nightkilled but I have also seen town players scum read a pr sometimes for playing passive. The setup says there are 8 Vanilla Townies, 2 Mafia Goons, and 1 Town Role. Reading through chennisden posts, it looked like he was talking about there being more than 1 Town Role aka pr.
In post 146, Adorable wrote:I meant Town Character and not Town Role. I made a mistake here.
In post 158, Adorable wrote:
In post 147, Something_Smart wrote:What's your mafia experience, Adorable? Have you played on another site?
I have 1 year 1/2 experience in mafia games and I play on other mafia sites.
In post 174, Adorable wrote:Chennisden has been focusing on wanting to spare players who are being town read and he even admitted he is okay sparing Elements instead of himself and that post of his looked towny. Chennisden has been active and if he was scum, I would think his scum buddy would also spare him right away and I haven't seen anyone doing that.
HEAL: chennisden
This was another example of a fluid, natural entrance into the game--a bit later, yes, but that makes it even more relevant. Note the fluidity in Adorable's posting, and how she segues smoothly into contributing. There's no forced analysis, there's no forced stance, and when she does transition into giving game content, she does so with a casual ease. It instantly fits right in.
In post 217, Adorable wrote:Whoever becomes the Student Class President sets up a hood for everyone? I saw Espeonage say this on #6.
VOTE: Brian Skies
In post 356, Adorable wrote:
In post 292, Farkran wrote:
In post 264, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 248, Farkran wrote:TOWN
NorwegianboyEE
Bitmap
Xtoxm
Amrun
Espeonage
Eragon
WonderTime
Yumeko and Kirari
Brian Skies
Adorable
Shadowlesscloud
SCUM
Farkram, is this reads list based from strongest to weakest town/scum read?
Top is strongest town, bottom is strongest scum, but in reality most of the middle names are placed with just slightly more care than a randomizer. All reads are very weak and mostly gut-based at this point - i have listed what i think are notable events so far.

Although by reading further i completely misinterpreted what small town meant. I didn't know it was part of the ms terminology, i just thought it was referring to some ability.
The game started around 17 hours ago and it takes a while for some players to post because of time zone. Right now it seems like we're all getting to know each other for the time being.
In post 300, Bitmap wrote:
In post 282, Espeonage wrote:@bitty: I don't actually watch a lot of anime. So chances are I haven't seen anyone's source material. I'm a fake weeb.
Oh, my waifu isn't from an anime and is non-weeb but can be considered a great waifu.
I never knew our waifu didn't have to be from an anime. When signing up I thought I saw somewhere saying the waifu had to be from an anime.
In post 315, Espeonage wrote:I regularly manipulate my meta, lie, and am elitist as both alignments. I've been known to fake claim from time to time. But like claiming neighbour when mason not claiming a guilty on someone or dumb shit like that.
PEDIT: @Fark
When playing town it's best to be truthful about your role. I guess sometimes town lie about their role is because their role looks like it would be given to a scum player. I remember lying about my role once when I was town because the town role looked like it would be given to a scum player.
In post 328, Shadowlesscloud wrote:
In post 318, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 314, Shadowlesscloud wrote:btw i think bitmap and esp either have to be t/t or s/s.
That would be maximum trolling by the game host, and considering balancing purposes it doesn't seem likely.
I wouldnt say so. It just would distract us during the first day and basically let scum make their own neighborhood chat. Hell, they could both be completely lying about their roles rn. Instead, one could be a fake mod announcer or something of the sort
On one of my completed games there was a role that could make neighborhood chat and when I looked up that role it says it can be any alignment. It seems like Espeonage and Bitmap were randomly selected by the mod to be elected for Student Class President who will make neighborhood chats.
In post 358, Adorable wrote:I'm leaning town on Xtoxm and Norway.
I highlighted something particularly important here which contrasts Adorable's attitude in that past towngame to her attitude this game. Notice here how, much later, Adorable is still fine casting an rvs vote and isn't too serious? Even when writing this long wallpost of a second post, notice something about it? There's not much analysis to be had. It's more calm, casual, chill chatting. Casual dialog, more than serious scumhunting. Which immediately segues into a rather casual natural townread, one which didn't require her to go out of her way to create a list.

Subject: Open 770: Fusion Mafia - Game Over!
Adorable wrote:I'm slowly catching up and I'm on page 18.
Thanks for the little summary Looker. I haven't been town reading Norway since some of his posts were random. I'm also getting scum vibes from Elements since his reasoning on his votes don't look good.
Adorable wrote:I'm on page 30 right now and I'm also checking recent posts on page 69. I see the top wagons are Norwegian and Hectic. Looker says Norwegian was yesterday's pending lynch until a group of players switched over to Dunnstral and is being suspected for being scum saying his scum buddies swung the wagon. Is this the only reason Norwegian is being scum read for? What's the case on Hectic? I'm at the part where Hectic is scum reading Ankaimus's predecessor for meta.
Adorable wrote:
In post 1482, Flopz wrote:
In post 1448, Hopkirk wrote:We're going with lynch Norway then see who Hectic gets paired up with (cough profii) right?
Honestly, that's been my thought throughout this whole nightphase. We lynch one of these jokers and then take out the romantic couple that remains. The question is do we go for Norwee or Hectic? Norwee is basically ObvScum at this point so makes sense for a lynch on him straight out of the gate but I'm leaning towards the idea of taking out Hectic and then lynching the 100% confirmed ScumCouple that Norwee is on. I'm thinking of this on the incredibly low chance that Hectic is Town, which I don't believe for a second, we can then lynch Norwee the subsequent night and the ScumCouple that's left will be pretty obvious from those remaining.

Free Information

I didn't like the reversal of Hectic and PK for the vote, right at the end. Profii came out of left-field and completely changed my view of him with the move from Norwee to Dunn.
This post makes me want to vote Norwegian now since you said he is 100% confirmed scum and he keeps changing his stance on players. From what I remember Norwegian was town reading Hectic and then scum reads him, he scum reads Profii and then he town reads Profii. Norwegian's votes on other players on day 1 were naked votes and he kept switching his votes around.
VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
And this shows the contrast between how Adorable enters as town compared to how she entered as scum, for those who want to point out that Adorable's scumgame was as a replacement so her play being similar this game to the scumgame where she was a replacement, have a comparison for the contrast.

This game where she was a replacement as town has the same casual demeanor as her towngames where she is a player from the start--which is in stark contrast to her play this game where her introduction to the game was stunted, stilted, forced, just artificial.
In post 443, Adorable wrote:I'm slowly catching up right now and I'm on page 15. I checked the current votes and I think alimdia is town. Reason why I think alimdia could be town is because most of the players have been scum reading him or unless he's getting bussed. My read is based on player interactions.
In post 444, Adorable wrote:I did not like Slaxx lol hammer on day 1. I think Slaxx is also town for having second thoughts on alimdia thinking he is town and he did the same thing with ico. It does look like Slaxx has been sorting. I hope I'm right on my reads on those 2 players and I liked how Hectic has been engaging with other players which looked towny.

My poe at the moment would be Gemini, nom, ico, and BBmolla in no particular order. I'll have to iso those 4 players again.
This is another town replacement game which has an immediate contrast between Adorable this game and Adorable that game as a replacement.

Again, to reiterate--Adorable this game has a strong resemblance to her one scumgame, where she was a replacement.
Adorable's other towngames where she started from the beginning do not resemble either her play here or her scumgame as a replacement;
Adorable's other towngames where she was a replacement do not resemble either her play here or her scumgame as a replacement.

The contrast between them is night and day.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by mastina »

Ya know what.
Why the fuck am I spoilering that.

People will pass that spoiler over but I think it's important enough to read to be outside of one. Let me change the spoilers then.
In post 359, mastina wrote:Just gonna link to with a solid note of approval as a very good dressing down of Adorable. But to give my own:
In post 74, Adorable wrote:Did I miss rvs and we're all on serious votes now? Two votes on page 2 looked like they were serious votes and some of the votes on page 3 looked like they were rvs.
This was Adorable's entrance into this game. It was more or less complaining and displaying confusion, which she kept generic. On the bottom of page three.

This immediately stuck out to me, because
Spoiler: this was Adorable's entrance into a similar game with similar content:
In post 49, Adorable wrote:It's been a while since I last played a game here. I hope Elements is not scum again and I remember scum Elements was asking questions just like he's doing here.
In post 97, Adorable wrote:VOTE: Elbirn
I don't like how Elbirn votes without providing a reason and this is very frowned upon.
There's no complaining, there's no confusion. There's a fluff post and then a brief, succinct, serious vote.
In post 112, Adorable wrote:
In post 27, mastina wrote:
In post 26, mastina wrote:
In post 20, eyestott wrote:Why are you including the hydra in this?
Purely because until EspressoPatronum ruined it, we were the only three slots to have posted. :P
Speaking of,
VOTE: EspressoPatronum
For ruining the three-man posting townbloc on page one. :P
This is not really a good vote reason to scum read someone. You scum read Espresso for doing an rvs on page 1 while you were interacting with eyestott and Team on page 1? Isn't page 1 normally supposed to be rvs?
In post 110, mastina wrote:
In post 45, Chronos wrote:I have no idea who that is, but rest assured, if it was someone you didn’t like, they’re not in the game.
Eh, I'm probably one of the few who didn't inherently dislike Yume.
In post 45, Chronos wrote:Mastina, what do you think of the post I quoted? On EP.
Well I voted Espresso. :P
I'm not convinced Espresso is scum, but Espresso certainly isn't locktown.
You say you're not convinced Espresso is scum but you still leave your vote on him? If you were not convinced a player is scum then wouldn't it make more sense to not vote the player if you're not convinced they are scum?
VOTE: mastina

I'm pretty much just trying to get the feel of the game understanding on what's going on right now.
And it was cemented here because of the immediate dissonance. Adorable claimed to be struggling to get a feel of the game and understanding what's going on--but Adorable forced a rather strong omgus-stance on me here (keep in mind, I had already noted I was suspicious of Adorable by this point) and was giving immediate, forced, content and analysis.

This is a dead-ringer for Adorable's entrance into her only scumgame; there, she gave that same immediate analysis.

Now let's take a look at some of Adorable's other towngames' early entrances for comparison.
Spoiler: Example One:
Adorable wrote:Sorry for late entrance. This game started when I was asleep. I'm new to the forum and I have played mafia on 2 other forums.
Adorable wrote:I'm catching up and it looks like everyone is still at rvs except for TemporalLich who said he declared his rvs vote no more and it looked like he made a serious vote. I couldn't tell if Teacher was still at rvs or if he also did a serious vote.
Adorable wrote:
In post 71, Robbnva wrote:
In post 69, Adorable wrote:I'm catching up and it looks like everyone is still at rvs except for TemporalLich who said he declared his rvs vote no more and it looked like he made a serious vote. I couldn't tell if Teacher was still at rvs or if he also did a serious vote.
I’m not in rvs. Not sure why you assumed that.
Teacher said he was trying to be funny and said he failed. I'm guessing he was directing this at you and that's why I thought you were still at rvs.
This is my first time quoting and I don't know how this will come out.
This was Adorable's first game on site. Notice the difference between her entrance there and her entrance here? I sure do. Her entrance there was far more fluid and organic, which clear analysis done but not forced onto one person. There's no hint of complaining, there's very little in terms of confusion--why was Adorable's first game onsite showing no confusion at a nearly-identical situation to this game, whereas this game after she's had far more experience she displays some?

Spoiler: Example Two
In post 145, Adorable wrote:Some power roles prefer to play passive so that they don't attract attention to scum and be nightkilled but I have also seen town players scum read a pr sometimes for playing passive. The setup says there are 8 Vanilla Townies, 2 Mafia Goons, and 1 Town Role. Reading through chennisden posts, it looked like he was talking about there being more than 1 Town Role aka pr.
In post 146, Adorable wrote:I meant Town Character and not Town Role. I made a mistake here.
In post 158, Adorable wrote:
In post 147, Something_Smart wrote:What's your mafia experience, Adorable? Have you played on another site?
I have 1 year 1/2 experience in mafia games and I play on other mafia sites.
In post 174, Adorable wrote:Chennisden has been focusing on wanting to spare players who are being town read and he even admitted he is okay sparing Elements instead of himself and that post of his looked towny. Chennisden has been active and if he was scum, I would think his scum buddy would also spare him right away and I haven't seen anyone doing that.
HEAL: chennisden
This was another example of a fluid, natural entrance into the game--a bit later, yes, but that makes it even more relevant. Note the fluidity in Adorable's posting, and how she segues smoothly into contributing. There's no forced analysis, there's no forced stance, and when she does transition into giving game content, she does so with a casual ease. It instantly fits right in.

Example Three, outside of spoilers to highlight a quote:
In post 217, Adorable wrote:Whoever becomes the Student Class President sets up a hood for everyone? I saw Espeonage say this on #6.
VOTE: Brian Skies
In post 356, Adorable wrote:
In post 292, Farkran wrote:
In post 264, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 248, Farkran wrote:TOWN
NorwegianboyEE
Bitmap
Xtoxm
Amrun
Espeonage
Eragon
WonderTime
Yumeko and Kirari
Brian Skies
Adorable
Shadowlesscloud
SCUM
Farkram, is this reads list based from strongest to weakest town/scum read?
Top is strongest town, bottom is strongest scum, but in reality most of the middle names are placed with just slightly more care than a randomizer. All reads are very weak and mostly gut-based at this point - i have listed what i think are notable events so far.

Although by reading further i completely misinterpreted what small town meant. I didn't know it was part of the ms terminology, i just thought it was referring to some ability.
The game started around 17 hours ago and it takes a while for some players to post because of time zone. Right now it seems like we're all getting to know each other for the time being.
In post 300, Bitmap wrote:
In post 282, Espeonage wrote:@bitty: I don't actually watch a lot of anime. So chances are I haven't seen anyone's source material. I'm a fake weeb.
Oh, my waifu isn't from an anime and is non-weeb but can be considered a great waifu.
I never knew our waifu didn't have to be from an anime. When signing up I thought I saw somewhere saying the waifu had to be from an anime.
In post 315, Espeonage wrote:I regularly manipulate my meta, lie, and am elitist as both alignments. I've been known to fake claim from time to time. But like claiming neighbour when mason not claiming a guilty on someone or dumb shit like that.
PEDIT: @Fark
When playing town it's best to be truthful about your role. I guess sometimes town lie about their role is because their role looks like it would be given to a scum player. I remember lying about my role once when I was town because the town role looked like it would be given to a scum player.
In post 328, Shadowlesscloud wrote:
In post 318, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 314, Shadowlesscloud wrote:btw i think bitmap and esp either have to be t/t or s/s.
That would be maximum trolling by the game host, and considering balancing purposes it doesn't seem likely.
I wouldnt say so. It just would distract us during the first day and basically let scum make their own neighborhood chat. Hell, they could both be completely lying about their roles rn. Instead, one could be a fake mod announcer or something of the sort
On one of my completed games there was a role that could make neighborhood chat and when I looked up that role it says it can be any alignment. It seems like Espeonage and Bitmap were randomly selected by the mod to be elected for Student Class President who will make neighborhood chats.
In post 358, Adorable wrote:I'm leaning town on Xtoxm and Norway.
I highlighted something particularly important here which contrasts Adorable's attitude in that past towngame to her attitude this game. Notice here how, much later, Adorable is still fine casting an rvs vote and isn't too serious? Even when writing this long wallpost of a second post, notice something about it? There's not much analysis to be had. It's more calm, casual, chill chatting. Casual dialog, more than serious scumhunting. Which immediately segues into a rather casual natural townread, one which didn't require her to go out of her way to create a list.

Spoiler: Example Four
Adorable wrote:I'm slowly catching up and I'm on page 18.
Thanks for the little summary Looker. I haven't been town reading Norway since some of his posts were random. I'm also getting scum vibes from Elements since his reasoning on his votes don't look good.
Adorable wrote:I'm on page 30 right now and I'm also checking recent posts on page 69. I see the top wagons are Norwegian and Hectic. Looker says Norwegian was yesterday's pending lynch until a group of players switched over to Dunnstral and is being suspected for being scum saying his scum buddies swung the wagon. Is this the only reason Norwegian is being scum read for? What's the case on Hectic? I'm at the part where Hectic is scum reading Ankaimus's predecessor for meta.
Adorable wrote:
In post 1482, Flopz wrote:
In post 1448, Hopkirk wrote:We're going with lynch Norway then see who Hectic gets paired up with (cough profii) right?
Honestly, that's been my thought throughout this whole nightphase. We lynch one of these jokers and then take out the romantic couple that remains. The question is do we go for Norwee or Hectic? Norwee is basically ObvScum at this point so makes sense for a lynch on him straight out of the gate but I'm leaning towards the idea of taking out Hectic and then lynching the 100% confirmed ScumCouple that Norwee is on. I'm thinking of this on the incredibly low chance that Hectic is Town, which I don't believe for a second, we can then lynch Norwee the subsequent night and the ScumCouple that's left will be pretty obvious from those remaining.

Free Information

I didn't like the reversal of Hectic and PK for the vote, right at the end. Profii came out of left-field and completely changed my view of him with the move from Norwee to Dunn.
This post makes me want to vote Norwegian now since you said he is 100% confirmed scum and he keeps changing his stance on players. From what I remember Norwegian was town reading Hectic and then scum reads him, he scum reads Profii and then he town reads Profii. Norwegian's votes on other players on day 1 were naked votes and he kept switching his votes around.
VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
And this shows the contrast between how Adorable enters as town compared to how she entered as scum, for those who want to point out that Adorable's scumgame was as a replacement so her play being similar this game to the scumgame where she was a replacement, have a comparison for the contrast.

This game where she was a replacement as town has the same casual demeanor as her towngames where she is a player from the start--which is in stark contrast to her play this game where her introduction to the game was stunted, stilted, forced, just artificial.

Spoiler: Example Five
In post 443, Adorable wrote:I'm slowly catching up right now and I'm on page 15. I checked the current votes and I think alimdia is town. Reason why I think alimdia could be town is because most of the players have been scum reading him or unless he's getting bussed. My read is based on player interactions.
In post 444, Adorable wrote:I did not like Slaxx lol hammer on day 1. I think Slaxx is also town for having second thoughts on alimdia thinking he is town and he did the same thing with ico. It does look like Slaxx has been sorting. I hope I'm right on my reads on those 2 players and I liked how Hectic has been engaging with other players which looked towny.

My poe at the moment would be Gemini, nom, ico, and BBmolla in no particular order. I'll have to iso those 4 players again.
This is another town replacement game which has an immediate contrast between Adorable this game and Adorable that game as a replacement.

Again, to reiterate--Adorable this game has a strong resemblance to her one scumgame, where she was a replacement.
Adorable's other towngames where she started from the beginning do not resemble either her play here or her scumgame as a replacement;
Adorable's other towngames where she was a replacement do not resemble either her play here or her scumgame as a replacement.

The contrast between them is night and day.
So here's my post reformatted to make sure you don't fucking skip my points.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 279, Chronos wrote:Egix fits the mindset of a scum lurker.
Egix's content this game is far, far, FAR from that of a scum lurker. I can point to half a dozen posts by Egix containing good content.

You know who
does
fit the profile of a scum lurker?

I can think of some rather good candidates for this profile of a player who is a scum lurker slot.

Now! Obviously. BP, Sujimichi, and Rabid Schnauzer are unlikely to be a trio of a scumteam here. Heck, with it being likely that at least one if not two of {Adorable, Espresso} are scum (tho I do admit I'm going to be guilty of some hypocrisy in liking some of Espresso's content--the reason this is hypocrisy will become evident later when I quote someone else's posts since I admit that the very thing I am saying not to do, contributes to softening up on Espresso), it's probable that only 1-2 of them are scum.

But like.
If you're looking for lurker scumslots.

The slots who've
actually
done fuckall are a far, far, far better place to start than Egix.
Particularly Sujimichi because this is night and day different from any Sujimichi towngame I've ever seen.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by mastina »

For the record: I have read everything as of a few hours ago (might be like half a dozen posts on page 15 I haven't read), but obviously I have posts in that timeframe which I need to address.

While I am doing so tho, I can immediately give you this readslist:

Turkey + eyestott

Chronos + Churros + alimidia

Egix96
Titus

EspressoPatronum

BP

Rabid Schnauzer

Sujimichi

Adorable

Turkey is locktown of locktown--not gonna lie, Turkey, I thought you'd be a massive, massive downgrade to your slot from the hydra, but you've surprised me by continuing to be one of the best, sanest, slots in the game to a level that is incredibly refreshing.
eyestott is also pretty much locktown, not just for his publicly-confirmed role but also for his entire approach here. I get what he's doing, where he's coming from, understand it, like what he's doing, and have the unique advantage of being probably one of the only players (only other possible one is Titus) to have played with him before, so have a familiarity with him.

Chronos is not the same level of locktown as they are, but is still someone who I just don't see as scum. Similar applies for Churros and alimidia. I feel that all three (might be a bit unfair to alimidia whose content is more reasonable than the other two) are at the least slightly misguided, but I don't think they're scum. They're so strongly town that I almost moved them up to the next tier.

Egix is a strong townread because I not only like what Egix is doing but also feel like this is Egix's towngame.
Titus is a strong townread because while we're not seeing 100% eye to eye and her votes are in somewhat questionable places, the strong overlap with her perspective on the game compared to mine is an incredibly promising sign.

EspressoPatronum is a "conflicted" read; I had EP as strongly scum and had EP's content as scum-indicative, but EP's more recent content has looked much much better to me, yet I know it's not something that makes EP definitely town and easily could still be from scum.

BP is a slot who has done nothing but cast an empty vote and declared a V/LA--this is somewhat sketchy, but not the most suspicious of our lurkers because it could've been just a nai entrance with real-life shit getting in the way; obviously, I will know more about this slot when there is more to see and I'll have a better idea on that placement on whether the entrance was scummy shit or just bad happenstance.

Rabid Schnauzer had a reasonable enough entrance, but since then has done nothing but coast off of the bigger names talking and has contributed nothing but casting sketchy opportunistic votes.

Sujimichi is lurking and that is not a town Sujimichi even remotely.

And Adorable is just obviously scum here for the lack of naturalness, lack of smoothness, lack of flow, lack of fluency, lack of calmness, lack of being smooth and casual.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 297, Churros wrote:Mastina can you howl again?
I sure can! Not right now, there's a limit to how often I can do it, but it's a repeatable action that I intend to continue using at every opportunity I can. (And yes, it is an activated action, not a passive one. I have to manually trigger it.)
In post 296, Churros wrote:I felt eyesott posting was forced
Take a look at Adorable's posting and tell me it isn't forced.
In post 298, Churros wrote:The main reason I'm TR'ing both slots is that I feel both actively invested in solving the game, in a way that it's not just a "solvy post to look busy".
I have a saying.
Effort != Alignment. (This would be the aforementioned hypocrisy in that I admit that part of the reason I am liking EP's posts more is that they have more effort behind them.)

More than that.

Adorable's posts are precisely that--'solvey' posts to look busy, without actually having a natural fluidity to them.

Read my post 360 in its full to see the notable contrast between Adorable as town in every towngame of hers previously, and Adorable of this game, and how Adorable as scum is a dead-ringer to this game.

Adorable as town has an aura of casualness to her. She's fluid, she's got this natural flow to her content which comes across as incredibly good.
Adorable this game has been forcing after forcing. There's an aggression to her that's utterly absent from her towngames, but which was the defining trait of her scumgame. This is an Adorable who has been forward, who has been pushing hard, rather than going with the flow.

Adorable as town is like a leaf on a river, drifting along with the flow.
Adorable this game is a rock in that river, cutting through it, unmoving, forcing the river to go around it. A trait she has displayed in her completed scumgame, but not a trait present in literally any of her towngames.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by eyestott »

Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity. Life has had a big upheaval thanks to lockdown procedures in Victoria moving to stage 3. Big post incoming!
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

VOTE: Adorable
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by eyestott »

Okay, firstly. I'm going to acknowledge that my play thus far has definitely warranted the scumreads. The plan I had was definitely not carried out very well. Nevertheless, I assure you that I am, in fact, town. Here was my thought process:

1:Hmm, what's this? Town Informed Role Flavorer? Oh great, I'm a glorified Vanilla Townie. (Pregame, I can pick each person's role flavour, has to be 50 characters or less.)
- I was quite disappointed at this stage as I was looking forward to a more mechanically interesting role when I signed up for a role madness game.
2: Oh wait, this is a bit of an opportunity!
- I realised two things. Firstly, in a role madness game such as this, a role as mechanically useless as 'role flavorer' is pretty much always going to be a protown role, and hopefully most of the playerbase will recognise this.
Secondly, I can actually use the role flavour for a bit of a plan If I play my cards right (I did not in fact, play my cards right.) The plan is that during early day one, I subtly tell certain players that I know their role flavour by referencing it. By now I've done this to about half of you. Then I see if/how they react.
3: Damnit, Team STRQ
In post 12, mastina wrote:
In post 6, eyestott wrote:PS plz dont vote me mastina, I would'nt be able to defend myself against you!
In post 7, Team STRQ wrote:please vote me mastina, so I can defend myself against you!
Is my flavor public.
Because I swear to god you two are making me think that the flavor the mod sent to me is public. :P
My first post was a reference to mastina's flavour, which by a stroke of bad luck, was copied by Team STRQ. This caused mastina to publically almost-out me at the very start, because not only did it seem like both myself and STRQ knew her flavour, but also mastina hadn't properly read the rules. Hence why happened. Pretty sure that Mastina now thinks that STRQ and I are both the role flavourers, which is why she offers to townbloc with us in . My response at makes sense to mastina and myself, but not to STRQ who I haven't clued in at all yet, producing

Fast forward to now, and what have I learned? I have no idea. I don't think this plan of mine actually achieved anything other than confusing everyone and distracting myself from actual scumhunting. So for that, I apologise. If anyone would like the data from my little experiment (as in when I leaked my role to who) because they think I may have been onto something, I'm more than willing to provide the information.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 366, eyestott wrote:If anyone would like the data from my little experiment (as in when I leaked my role to who) because they think I may have been onto something, I'm more than willing to provide the information.
What data should we be asking for? I don't even know what to ask you about your results.

What were your results?
Why did you choose the flavor names that you did?
In post 366, eyestott wrote:The plan is that during early day one, I subtly tell certain players that I know their role flavour by referencing it.
I don't know what this plan is supposed to do for you. Let people know that you are the Role Flavourer. Ok. But beyond that? I'm not sure I am following.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Churros »

In post 335, gobbledygook wrote:
Town Core: Activate!

- Chronos
- Churros
- Mastina
- Sujimichi

Obliterate

Scum Core:
Die

- Titus
- Rabid Schnauzer
- Egix96
- EspressoPatronum
If you add Eyesott to your scum core I could support this. In my quick skim I thought titus was squirming around, although I don't have a real grasp on Rabid/Egix/Espresso.

I do town read Chronos as well, and about Sujimichi 3 posts:
In post 292, Sujimichi wrote:Hey everyone! I will catch up shortly.
In post 293, Sujimichi wrote:I am caught up. I believe mastina to be Town. I also believe Team STRQ to be Town though with a lesser degree of confidence.
In post 319, Sujimichi wrote:Hello, gobbledygook! You are replacing a slot that I had a light Townread on, so I am looking forward to your views on the game.
I don't want to expand on detail right now, but I get good vibes from this short posts. I feel that scum!Suji would already try looking busy by asking questions or write longer posts. I'm not a Suji specialist though.

Again, normally I wouldn't explain my TRs etc but I don't feel I'm gonna be able to PoE this game so I think I'm more interested in forming a block of people I TR, aiming to pile votes in a common suspect and to reach roughly similar reads in D1. It would be a more effective pressure tool/ good way to get things rolling.

I didn't know eyesott was already such a popular wagon though.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Churros »

In post 363, mastina wrote:
In post 297, Churros wrote:Mastina can you howl again?
I sure can! Not right now, there's a limit to how often I can do it, but it's a repeatable action that I intend to continue using at every opportunity I can. (And yes, it is an activated action, not a passive one. I have to manually trigger it.)
In post 296, Churros wrote:I felt eyesott posting was forced
Take a look at Adorable's posting and tell me it isn't forced.
In post 298, Churros wrote:The main reason I'm TR'ing both slots is that I feel both actively invested in solving the game, in a way that it's not just a "solvy post to look busy".
I have a saying.
Effort != Alignment. (This would be the aforementioned hypocrisy in that I admit that part of the reason I am liking EP's posts more is that they have more effort behind them.)

More than that.

Adorable's posts are precisely that--'solvey' posts to look busy, without actually having a natural fluidity to them.

Read my post 360 in its full to see the notable contrast between Adorable as town in every towngame of hers previously, and Adorable of this game, and how Adorable as scum is a dead-ringer to this game.

Adorable as town has an aura of casualness to her. She's fluid, she's got this natural flow to her content which comes across as incredibly good.
Adorable this game has been forcing after forcing. There's an aggression to her that's utterly absent from her towngames, but which was the defining trait of her scumgame. This is an Adorable who has been forward, who has been pushing hard, rather than going with the flow.

Adorable as town is like a leaf on a river, drifting along with the flow.
Adorable this game is a rock in that river, cutting through it, unmoving, forcing the river to go around it. A trait she has displayed in her completed scumgame, but not a trait present in literally any of her towngames.
I don't know about agreeing with the content of this post because I've only see scum!Adorable lurk and be uninvolved in the game, but I...town lean this content?

I never thought I would give mastina such a easy town lean but I don't feel there's an agenda by her tone here and I always get the feeling she has an agenda to her reads when scum.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Churros »

Gobble from 0 to 10, how much you enjoy playing scum and again from 0 to 10 how much effort do you usually put in your scum games?

Don't lie because I might find out if you do.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Churros »

I've procastinated today and didn't re:read the game but...yeah I think I'm just going to keep going from here, I'm getting a good grasp here already. Maybe.

I'll try to check out Adorable case/meta another day, out of respect for mastina I'm putting him a bracket below what I would normally have him as

[Chronos]
[Suji, Mastina, Adorable]
[Gobble]
[everyone else]
[Titus, Eyesott]
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Churros »

Maybe Suji is a bracket below, or not.

I definitely feel like scum!Suji wouldn't make that entrance he did but a "3 posts" read is kinda meh I guess.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Churros »

In post 366, eyestott wrote:
Fast forward to now, and what have I learned? I have no idea. I don't think this plan of mine actually achieved anything other than confusing everyone and distracting myself from actual scumhunting. So for that, I apologise. If anyone would like the data from my little experiment (as in when I leaked my role to who) because they think I may have been onto something, I'm more than willing to provide the information.
Could you be more straightforward with your posts?

I'm entertaining reconsidering my read on you because giving people flavours seems fairly useless for a scum role in madness setup (is the setup roles randomly generated though? I don't quite understand "madness setups" other than there's lot of weirds roles and madness), but your posting is really lackluster.

RVS you spent a lot of your posts making silly content while there was already useful discussion going around

Your posts there were really awkward and sounding like you wanted to fit in, especially your early unvote.

What was going on in your mind in early game?
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Churros »

In post 373, Churros wrote:What was going on in your mind in early game?
This seems vague so I mean as in: what you felt back there etc, and was you into anything other than crumbing your role?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”