Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3975 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 3974, Pink Ball wrote:Game swinged towards town because my role was a support one, but could've gone the other way.

I mean I describe a game as balanced when it's not swingy, but I wouldn't call it unbalanced/townsided either. Just swingy. We used the quest mechanic once, for example.
What about the treestump?
Either
- generates an unremovable IC at the cost of a town vote
or
- kills Mafia
Or the Restless Spirit(another unremovable IC)
Or the fact that scum had a really bad hand if town played mechanically well(regarding mechanics) which was not that difficult...(the removal of strongman would have been atrocious for scum even without so many scum dead early, and the quest mechanic was so openly scumsided that any half-decent town would have avoided it past Day 1)
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Farkran »

I agree that quests should have been improved, probably by forcing the town to participate - scum would always have the chance to roleblock someone, but on the other hand town gets to confirm themselves/gain gifts. And it would have been more fun.

About the dayplay, i should just have claimed watcher and explain why i was scumreading lullaby for his claim.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3975, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 3974, Pink Ball wrote:Game swinged towards town because my role was a support one, but could've gone the other way.

I mean I describe a game as balanced when it's not swingy, but I wouldn't call it unbalanced/townsided either. Just swingy. We used the quest mechanic once, for example.
What about the treestump?
Either
- generates an unremovable IC at the cost of a town vote
or
- kills Mafia
Or the Restless Spirit(another unremovable IC)
Or the fact that scum had a really bad hand if town played mechanically well(regarding mechanics) which was not that difficult...(the removal of strongman would have been atrocious for scum even without so many scum dead early, and the quest mechanic was so openly scumsided that any half-decent town would have avoided it past Day 1)
Treestump is not an unremovable IC. I mean, it could be used that way, but people this days don't know how to play around an IC. They don't listen a player's opinion just because they're confirmed town. And the fact that they can't vote is, well.. Crucial. The restless spirit yeah that was very pro town but it never came to play.
The removal of strongman became atrocious because it was just me alive, but yes, that was the right mechanical choice from town. And the quest mechanic wasn't openly scumsided; we killed the player who recieved the treasure, the sabotage was the counterpart of the treasure and it never came to play 'cause that player died. And again, I was alone; with one active partner and Ali's role, Quests could've been a thing again later in the game, but we never knew what was the protown part of the quests.

As I said, I think it was swingy, but not townsided. You could repeat this setup and get a complete different game. If it was townsided, you would get a similar result everytime.

I like this setup, the mechanics were cool, it forced me to get better at game mechanics. If I were town I would've mostly ignored it, but as scum I was much more invested because of them.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Isis »

I skimmed this game sometimes
Voting whether to disable strong killing in a closed setup where you don't know for sure the game has even a single protective is weirdland
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Isis »

Is worsty o.k.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3980 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 3978, Isis wrote:I skimmed this game sometimes
Voting whether to disable strong killing in a closed setup where you don't know for sure the game has even a single protective is weirdland
Strongman was a confirmed role. Where there are bees, there is honey.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3981 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Isis »

Mmmm honey
"Well, I..."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3982 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3983 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

Subject: Mini 2133 Mafia Topic
Farkset wrote:so, recap of actions (even if we are past deadline, but a recap is also useful to us later):

Farkset watches Ame
Pinkball trains
Knightmare kills Flight of the Conchords

Mafia sabotages Hectic
re bolded: Woot! Knew it, damn I’m good. *pats self on back* :)
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3984 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

Subject: Mini 2133 Mafia Topic
Pink Ball wrote:And to be clear,
I really don't understand Raven's logic here. She's confbiased on Ali being town and TSE being scum, so it makes sense to her that Ali was framed. But that really doesn't makes any sense.

Also I killed Raya because he was going to be conftown and I told that in the main thread lol
Too be clear, my main reason for being suspicious of TSE is that I didn’t/and still don’t understand how he only had 2 XP instead of 3.
@mod, can you confirm or not: Did every player start out on Day 1 with 1 XP or not?
. I’m seriously still confused by that.

I knew Ali was town, the minute he dismantled Hectic wagon and with eir XP claims checking out plus, e never ever kills Raya here.

Yes, my Ali frame theory may have been incorrect but your response to it screamed tmi to me at some level and Ame was obviously correct about you targeting her (I will have to read her role pm to understand how she knew.). She cleared Titus the previous day and TSE and ABR the next, that only left you and Ali as the uncleared slots and Ali was already obvtown to me, so based on PoE, it had to be you, so when you made that slip up about both barding and training on the same night, I pounced.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3985 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3984, Raven Branwen wrote:Subject: Mini 2133 Mafia Topic
Pink Ball wrote:And to be clear,
I really don't understand Raven's logic here. She's confbiased on Ali being town and TSE being scum, so it makes sense to her that Ali was framed. But that really doesn't makes any sense.

Also I killed Raya because E was going to be conftown and I told that in the main thread lol
Too be clear, my main reason for being suspicious of TSE is that I didn’t/and still don’t understand how he only had 2 XP instead of 3.
@mod, can you confirm or not: Did every player start out on Day 1 with 1 XP or not?
. I’m seriously still confused by that.

I knew Ali was town, the minute he dismantled Hectic wagon and with eir XP claims checking out plus, e never ever kills Raya here.

Yes, my Ali frame theory may have been incorrect but your response to it screamed tmi to me at some level and Ame was obviously correct about you targeting her (I will have to read her role pm to understand how she knew.). She cleared Titus the previous day and TSE and ABR the next, that only left you and Ali as the uncleared slots and Ali was already obvtown to me, so based on PoE, it had to be you, so when you made that slip up about both barding and training on the same night, I pounced.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3986 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Game's already over. And I wrote that before I understood what you meant by your frame.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3987 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

And once again, it wasn't a slip... That's how my role worked.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3988 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3986, Pink Ball wrote:Game's already over. And I wrote that before I understood what you meant by your frame.
I’m aware. :lol: Yes, understand but my point being, that it was actually the tmi aspect of your contesting my theory pinged me more than you disagreeing with it. The specific way that you phrased your argument, just read like you almost KNEW - which obviously turned out to be the case.
In post 3987, Pink Ball wrote:And once again, it wasn't a slip... That's how my role worked.
So, your role did actually allow you to bard and train simultaneously? If so, you can blame the mod for that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3989 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:42 am

The mod very clearly indicated that day actions and night actions were separate and that training couldn't be done with any other actions in the same NIGHT.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3990 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by Ame »

Here's my pt btw: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=82708

Moriarty are you able to make it public?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3991 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:33 am

Done!
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3992 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3989, Something_Smart wrote:The mod very clearly indicated that day actions and night actions were separate and that training couldn't be done with any other actions in the same NIGHT.
In post 3987, Pink Ball wrote:And once again, it wasn't a slip... That's how my role worked.
I is extremely confuzzled.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3993 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3992, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 3989, Something_Smart wrote:The mod very clearly indicated that day actions and night actions were separate and that training couldn't be done with any other actions in the same NIGHT.
I is extremely confuzzled.
And
@Something_Smart, are you ever going to answer my question regarding if everyone all started with 1XP on D1 or not, because I still don’t understand how TSE only had 2?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3994 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:48 am

Everyone started with 1 XP, except for Flight of the Conchords, who started with 2. All night actions and XP amounts are in the mod PT. TSE had 3 XP for most of the game.

What about PB's role are you confused about?
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3995 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3994, Something_Smart wrote:Everyone started with 1 XP, except for Flight of the Conchords, who started with 2. All night actions and XP amounts are in the mod PT. TSE had 3 XP for most of the game.

What about PB's role are you confused about?
Well, he claimed it wasn’t a slip up on his part, so how can that be possible if you’re not allowed to train and bard on the same night?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3996 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Twice during the game, during the day, you may target a player. At the start of the next night, that player will be notified that they can use an additional action that night, which may be an additional use of a standard ability or Training.
This is an exception to the rule that players may not use any other actions at the same time as Training.

When I barded someone, they got an exception to the rule. After I upgraded, I got barded too if I targeted someone. So I could bard and train at the same night.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3997 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by MariaR »

I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”