idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 794, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 636, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2, Isis wrote:2. Lynching will also be compulsive but that's an "Isis is modding so town suffers" thing, not specific to this setup, I use mafia lynch not plurality lynch.
You may need to self vote George.
You guys understand why this is not a scummy post, right?
so titus had not been around before her hammer and i said i would be around and was but was appearing not to be so if you get georgebailey to selfvote and say it was necessary because mafia lynch then hammer and set up a push on me the next day it doesn't necessarily seem like 'not a scummy post' to me.
In post 798, Hoctac wrote:shiki, how have these recent interactions affected your read on the two of us?
i think i am in about the same place in general. i am still trying to determine if this:
In post 774, Hoctac wrote:I don't think they planned it from the start. I think they really misinterpreted it - at least at the beginning. it doesn't make any sense for two mafia to intentionally misinterpret the same thing, especially since it links them.
makes any sense to me. at what point would they have noticed in this version of events?

dunnstral's reasoning for why the deadline vote stuff makes him town doesn't seem very strong to me.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 800, shiki wrote:so titus had not been around before her hammer and i said i would be around and was but was appearing not to be so if you get georgebailey to selfvote and say it was necessary because mafia lynch then hammer and set up a push on me the next day it doesn't necessarily seem like 'not a scummy post' to me.
I said he may need to self vote because it was questionable whether there would be a lynch otherwise.

If there wasn't a lynch otherwise, then mafia choose who to lynch, and they can choose to lynch Georgebailey if they want to, or whoever else they want to lynch to set up the perfect nightkill with powers
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 800, shiki wrote:makes any sense to me. at what point would they have noticed in this version of events?
I always clarify unclear mechanics with the mod as soon as I pick up on it when I'm scum. Want some links?
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 802, Dunnstral wrote:I always clarify unclear mechanics with the mod as soon as I pick up on it when I'm scum. Want some links?
i am aware of this and have factored it into these:
In post 735, shiki wrote:one problem with this might be that dunnstral would have possibly asked isis about it
In post 756, shiki wrote:like if elements/one of you asked isis 'so mafia gets to pick someone to become an IC if there's one of us alive?' after having read this:
In post 183, Isis wrote:Lone scum picks someone to become an IC
and isis said 'yes' would she then be committed to that regardless?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

How familiar are you with me as scum? You think I could be performing a gambit because it's me, or because it makes sense in this game?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

756 sounds like you're accusing me of tricking the mod
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Well I can't shake the feeling that Hoctac is playing in a manipulative way, it's most noticeable to me in posts that are addressed to me. In comparison, I liked your posts from 750 & beyond.

Sorry Pigman, Elena.

VOTE: Hoctac
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by shiki »

VOTE: hoctic
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 4.1Hoctac----------- Dunnstral, shiki
Dunnstral--------
shiki--------------

Not voting (1): Hoctac
Lynching deadline:(expired on 2020-06-29 11:59:59)

Replacement and aliases reference

PINNED:

ImageImageImage Elena Fisher
ImageImage ImageGeorgeBailey

Image + Image !
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Isis »

The demon wind princess ruptured her wind bag earlier, but had soon constructed another. She had it hoisted over her shoulder, a mystical vessel that somehow captured something as ephemeral as the wind itself.

While holding onto it, she watched Hoctac parade and brag about his new collection of gods and devils, some of them from dueling games like Yu Gi Oh. Shiki looked curiously at the faces of the cards, and how similar they seemed to Hoctac.

"Hoctac, you are saying these cards represent monsters. Captured into these cards. And you harness their power?"
"Yes! It's such an exciting game! All the cards are like your friends. They activate whenever you throw them, but of course you don't throw them when the card wouldn't really want to duel, that would make you a bad friend.
"Hmm... And remind me of something. You are a monster also, Hoctac?"
"Yes! My best friends are Tea Gardner and Fire Sorcerer!"
Shiki adjusted her bag of winds to the other shoulder, the very special straw the bag was made of holding the winds in. That's right... it was amazing what one could contain... when using just the right vessel.

"Hoctac, hold still."

Shiki used one of the blank cards amongst Hoctac's junk and trapped him in it, then equipped it to herself, greatly increasing her strength, especially since Hoctac was holding onto all of his magic stones when she did so.

"I think I quite like being a duelmaster, " Shiki said, with an evil grin. With a cyclone of wind, she locked Dunnstral into combat and began to duel him, both dealing blows from her own proficiency with the wind and healing herself from Alrescha's water jets and typhoons with Shining Friendship power!

After a long marathon of a fight, Dunnstral felt limp onto the ground, unable to lift a finger to resist shiki divesting him of all his magic stones.

"Power begets power, star god." she sneered.

Coincidence or not, Elements stumbled back into the park, to witness Dunnstral and Hoctac turning back to humans, Hoctac more comically as the card rejected each of his human limbs one by one and spat him out like a long string of sphaghetti.
"You did it shiki!" he said, with an affable smile, somehow inheriting a manticore's underbite even as a human.
"Are you going to remember me?" "Of course," shiki said.

"Well, I put no limits on methods, but I can't say I thought of that one." The lady on the bench said. She typed into her laptop, as if making one final note, then closed it and stood up, as if ready to leave. "You won't even need all of those stones you have to make it shiki.. it's kind of a waste, you and Dunnstral could have both made it. I encourage you to be responsible to this world in your everlife. And... I hope you do.."
There was visible discomfort.
"This is the first time a winner has come out... this way. The detractors said someone who won the way you did would be surely evil. But we shall only see what we shall see."
Shiki had a million questions about immortality, truancy, mythology and family, but she was provided no answers. The park cleared out leaving no one but her and Elements. And for once, finally, they could talk.

The boy spoke. "Ok, I know there's a lot to figure out, later and stuff," Elements started. "But first, before all of that, I think we should go fly a killer kite. Come on. We have to."
Last edited by Isis on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Isis »

The scumteam of
Elements and shiki
wins Gacha Mafia! The town faction of
Dunnstral, Titus, Hoctac, DoctorPepper, Pigman, GeorgeBailey, and Elena Fisher
takes second place!
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Isis »

Scum PT is released once Elements and Shiki confirm.
"Raziel" PT already became public during the game.
DoctorPepper was lynched before he could create a PT
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by Isis »

This is undoubtedly the worst I've ever moderated, and I'm sorry for everyone who participated in the game. Poor curation of the setup information led to a situation where absolutely everyone was disappointed, and the actual setup played was mountainous-but-sometimes-you-can't-kill-who-you-want, which I could run without losing sleep but I would want to run intentionally, and is very understandably not a town power level anyone queued for.

In addition to making errors themselves, I think I practiced too much restraint with respect to midgame adjustments to make the game match the original projected setup promised from the start. I do still believe in restraint and minimal intervention but I think I took it too far in a few different ways.

Regarding the setup itself, if I average the routes people thought they were playing too -oof- I was happy with the calibration. I think the Day 1 dayplay showed that not starting on a day 1 lynch was a design flaw for this setup though. Many special mechanics kick off with a day 1 lynch. Some special mechanics seem to get along fine without a day 1 lynch - like FakeGod's dance games. I think this needs a day 1 lynch. I'm thinking the day 1 lynch victim could give and identity to another player, and then that player could give one to another, popcorn style, to conclude day 1. Tentatively. Or maybe it'd just be a day two activity.

This game was somewhat indulgent using a flavor I'm familiar with that others aren't. I tried to reference more generically relatable elements of the source material when I could. I'm going to try not to mod obscure source material all the time. If I don't powerquit modding.

I appreciate the replacements and everyone who kept their activity level healthy.
"Well, I..."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Well, I don't think I was going to be able to convince Hoctac otherwise even if I arrived at the correct decision

The IC vs public cop thing wasn't a big deal
if
the nerfed version with 1 public cop had went through instead, it was probably going to confirm Titus who would then die the next day. If it remained as the 2-shot version things could have been different, I'd guess it would be used on Hoctac

Setup wise: Near the start of the setup I discovered (?) that town can mess up with the card throws and make it so one person both needs a card-egg and has the card-egg, I don't like that being in the game as a (gotcha) as it's really punishing if it happens and I don't think that was the intent
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Well it's fine Isis - I also don't think an ic on mafia should be a valid target though, my understanding is that ic can only exist on town. The ic/1 public cop wasn't an issue because I believe Titus would have been cleared then killed regardless
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 814, Dunnstral wrote:Well, I don't think I was going to be able to convince Hoctac otherwise even if I arrived at the correct decision

The IC vs public cop thing wasn't a big deal
if
the nerfed version with 1 public cop had went through instead, it was probably going to confirm Titus who would then die the next day. If it remained as the 2-shot version things could have been different, I'd guess it would be used on Hoctac

Setup wise: Near the start of the setup I discovered (?) that town can mess up with the card throws and make it so one person both needs a card-egg and has the card-egg, I don't like that being in the game as a (gotcha) as it's really punishing if it happens and I don't think that was the intent
Yeah it wasn't intended, if town was super careful and avoided it and lynchpunished people who messed it up they could get around it but it wasn't intended.
Part of what's attractive about popcorn is removing that.
I don't want people to have to make dethy charts to play a setup.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Isis »

apropos of nothing
just now, two years and two month's after Pandora's adoption, I finally collected the card I named her after:

I collected Loki about six months ago so now I have both.
"Well, I..."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Enhance
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by shiki »

thankyou for moderating.

In post 812, Isis wrote:Scum PT is released once Elements and Shiki confirm.
/confirm

In post 813, Isis wrote:This game was somewhat indulgent using a flavor I'm familiar with that others aren't.
i really liked this about the game; the flavour seemed to be something you are passionate about and being introduced to things by those who are passionate about them is always enjoyable. if i were to pick a character as an idealized version of myself, i would choose master librarian goddess, kali. my main regret is not remaining in queue from the beginning in order to have received a personalized character. i attempted to play puzzle and dragons after looking through all of the characters but this mostly consisted of me rerolling the tutorial until i got a goddess of secrets, kali from the egg machine and then kinda burning the algorithm for maximizing her passive ability into my brain through repetition. i saved all of the eggs for the godfest but then i didn't roll a goddess of power, kali despite 2% so i decided it was time to retire.

In post 813, Isis wrote:Poor curation of the setup information led to a situation where absolutely everyone was disappointed,
sorry for messing up the game; hopefully this does not preclude me from joining your games in the future.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:28 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Thanks for modding Isis, if it's any consolation this was very creative and the flavor showed your passion.

Good game scum team
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by Isis »

No, shiki, you didn't do anything wrong. When a moderator makes multiple contradictory moderator posts that can be quoted for a minefield of different possible citations the moderator has screwed up. In a very general sense, I did not spend enough time as a setup designer going over the solo-slot scenario for god, and I would have remembered it better if I did, and outcomes in general would have been better.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy PAD, it sounds like you don't like the gacha dynamic of possibly knowing about cards and not having them. That's rough to me too sometimes. For what it's worth, Goddess of Power, Kali, is considered a high value teammate that can provide all five colors and healing on her active, and Goddess of Secrets, Kali, is considered very unuseful for winning strategies in most normal singleplayer dungeons because her skill does not make heal orbs. As far as success with rainbow colored strategies goes, many other units that are "free" if you beat their dungeons are better than Kali because they make hearts: Azathoth, Linthia, and Gaianaut.
However, they are both named "Kali", and it can be uncomfortable to find out about characters that seem cool and like a set and not be able to get them, and that can be independent of their "winningness", and that's a very legitimate reason to shy away from the genre. Similar games that are monetized differently can be more gratifying, like Pokemon where generally any Pokemon you find out about, you can go get.
In some cases, I gain joy fromm Puzzle and Dragons' unequal access to its characters itself. It means sometimes the popular guides for how to play the game best don't apply to me because I didn't get the right monster, so I have to make up stuff on my own. I get to be creative, but also not feel like I am picking weaker characters purely to be different from the things that are popular.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by Isis »

That's Librarian Goddess Kali, Shiki's favorite. Normal Kali wants to match all five colors, Librarian Kali wants to match all five colors, and is greedy to also requests to have an especially large green blob for the green part.
She's from the "school" event that has "school" versions of standard cards, which is what my avatar comes from. My avatar's character also wants to match all five colors (but gets fully satisfied with a mere four;)
"Well, I..."
Elements
Elements
they/she/it
Bloop
Elements
they/she/it
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: they/she/it

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:33 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 812, Isis wrote:
Scum PT is released once Elements and Shiki confirm
/comfirm

Thanks Isis, your setups and flavour are always good fun. And I seems to win when you mod so keep up the good work.
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”