Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Mini Theme 2412: Gacha Mafia

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by Isis »

Uncommon RulesExperienced players are often tempted to skim the rules, so here are the rules most unique to my modding to be most aware of.
  1. You must play to win the game. This is a common rule, but enforcement is uncommon.
  2. "Pretending to break a rule is the same as breaking a rule" is included in Common Rules below, but it is particularly important with this rule. It's allowed to claim you are not fighting to win quite as hard as you did last game, but you cannot claim not to be playing to your win at all, even as a tactic that you believe gets you closer to your win condition.
  3. The above two rules do not constitute a blanket ban on selfvoting or bussing, which often either furthers the wincondition, or in other cases is just a manner of conceding an unwinnable game to the other team.
  4. If you feel totally unable to play to your win condition due to personal conflicts with other players, please request replacement upon realizing this.
  5. This game is using a special rule that relates to hammer testing and quickhammer coordinations. When you make a vote, (this includes special votes, modify as appropriate), you can post,
    in bold
    I and all members of my faction that are known to me and I to them, VOTE: Isis and win the game
    . Do not name any other members of your faction. If you've made a mistake and voting together with all partners would not win you the game, it will be treated simply as a vote. If you haven't made a mistake, then you will perform votes on behalf of your teammates and win the game.
  6. The above rule does not work if you do not have the mechanical information required to know that it would win the game. For example, if you are Masons with a player and one scum remains among five players, you cannot cause your teammate to vote Isis with you. It would only work if you previously investigated Isis as guilty in an open setup. (In practice this rule will usually benefit anti-town groups the most, but it is defined in a neutral way).
  7. Whenever the deadline closes on a day's lynch or any other town-controlled day decision, unless otherwise specified, the mafia are privately contacted to choose among the town's legal choices instead. **********************
  8. Discuss site/game rule violations with the moderator/listmod, not in the game thread.

Common RulesTemplated from singletonking, hoping for forgiveness over permission.
  1. All site-wide rules apply. In particular:
    No discussion of ongoing games is allowed

2. Do not quote your Role PM or any other PMs from the Mod, real or fabricated.
  3. Do not quote private topics. Paraphrase. Do not mention timestamps on posts made in forum topics. Remember that true paraphrasing focuses on the message being conveyed and not the physical features of the messages - for instance, if Isis used a bulleted list, and that strikes you as important and makes you think she feels confident she's solved this game, "Isis posted a bulleted list" is a physical feature you shouldn't quote, "Isis has been professory" conveys the idea.
  4. You may quote a private topic if it is fully redundant (everyone alive reading the post is also permitted to view the post in the private topic it came from.)
  5. Do not edit or delete your post, even if you have the ability to do so.
  6. Do not use encrypted text, small text, or otherwise make it hard to see what you are writing.
  7. Do not use cryptography or other complex information hiding. If you hide information in a post, it must be based purely on the English letters in that post, without shifting them to different letters based on any kind of rule, and their significance must be left-to-right.
  8. Do not discuss this game outside this thread or PTs related to this game you have access to.
  9. Do not use provable randomness. Saying you used a random criteria is fine, providing even weak evidence isn't.
  10. Do not fake mod posts/edits.
  11. Once your death scene is posted, you may not post. No bah posts.
  12. Be civil to other players. Criticize play, not players. As a rule of thumb, negative nouns or profane adjectives that describe a player will start strikes against you; describing actions of a player will not.
  13. No set of rules can be complete. If you think something is wrong, please don't do it. Breaking the spirit of rules is also disallowed. Do not encourage others to break the rules either. If in doubt, please PM me.
  14. Breaching of rules will usually result in a warning initially, but depending on severity, may result in a force-replacement or modkill.
  15. During the course of the game I may add extra rules if necessary. These rule changes will be announced publicly.

Deadlines, Activity, and replacements
  1. Day start. Days will last N+2 days, where N is the number of players alive, but no greater than eleven days.
  2. If this setup has card-eggs (yes, I'm hedging about my own copy paste mistakes), day one lasts an additional four days, and healing decisions receive an additional three days
  3. Nights will last 48 hours.
  4. Prods will be issued if you do not post for 48 hours.
  5. If you get three or more prods, or fail to respond to a prod by posting in thread within 24 hours (or by PM if at Night), I will begin seeking for a replacement (this means the third prod functions like a notice that you are racing the search for your replacement.)
  6. If you receive a prod and satisfy that prod, you are "on probation" for the next 96 hours after responding to that prod. Meeting criteria for a prod during probation immediately triggers the search for your replacement even if it's your second prod.
  7. If you expect to be unable to post for a while, please declare V/LA in thread. Should your V/LA be unreasonably long (>5 days), however, I strongly suggest you request replacement. There's no probation during V/LA
  8. You will still be prodded while on V/LA, but these will not count towards the above three prod limit. An official prod will be sent 24 hours after your V/LA ends if you haven't posted then.
  9. When replacements happen at night, deadlines will be tolled as appropriate to conceal information.
  10. For replacements, day deadlines are extended by the length of time between the missing player's last post and the first post of the new player .A post that does little more than acknowledge they've replaced into the game isn't counted as that post.
  11. If you would like to replace out, please PM me. Do not publicly replace out, discuss about wanting to replace out, threaten to replace out, or persuade/dissuade others from replacing out for any reason other than activity. If you think the mods have not noticed an activity issue, you can PM me to take note of it, but I will not credit your -arguments- about whether the activity level is replaceworthy or not (due to bias concerns). You would just be drawing my attention to it.
  12. Once your replacement request is publicized, it is final. You must cease to post. Inquiries about possibly retaining the slot must be conducted by mod PM.

Voting Rules
  1. Use VOTE: tags to vote. A hurt feature is available for Gacha Mafia, see below.
  2. Abbreviations or misspellings in votes will be accepted as long as it is clear who you are voting for.
  3. You can bold a request to make a nickname for another player official, so that it will be counted in votes. Each player will get two, but using a nickname someone else made up is valid. Nicknames don't start working until after they're acknowledged in the next votecount.
  4. A strict majority (more than half) of players is required to lynch or to make a group decision. This includes no-lynch!
  5. Once majority is achieved, it is final, and the Day will end immediately with further votes and unvotes being invalid.
  6. I will do my best to ensure that each vote count is accurate. Check the vote counts. If I make a grave error I may reset all votes at my discretion.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Anubis

You are God, Devil and
Dark
. Image Image Image.
You have a neighborhood with clidd. It has daytalk.
At any time, you may PM the moderator to lock your neighborhood with clidd and disable clidd's similar, but distinct, ability.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Hathor

You are a God, Healer, and
light
Image Image Image card. You have a neighborhood with Elena Fisher. At any time, you may PM the moderator, and the neighborhood with Elena Fisher will be locked and become public. This won't work if the neighborhood is already locked because Elena Fisher Pmed me to lock it.
Last edited by Isis on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:57 am, edited 10 times in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Isis »

Gacha Mafia2
Mafia Goons

Vanilla Townies

At the start of the game, each player receives a card-egg. For the first six meatworld days of dayplay, they can
Throw:
their card-egg to another player with no card, cracking it open and publically granting them the card. If any townie hasn't thrown their card-egg by the deadline, all such townies are considered the day1 lynch and the setup becomes mountainous.
When a player is nightkilled, their card is pinned to the OP. Once exactly two cards have been pinned to the OP, they are examined for shared characteristics to produce a bonus for the town. If two bonuses could apply, the mafia chooses one.
If the cards share a type:
Attackers
: The living mafia become lovers.
Healers
: The town HEAL: s two players in a vote. If both those players are town, the town wins, otherwise, the mafia wins.
Devils
: The town chooses a player, that player is public cop'ed.
Gods
: If there are two living mafia, the mafia immediately strongkills one mafia and one townie. If there is one living mafia, that player public cops two other players.
If the cards do not share a type: they'll never share a color, instead receive this bonus: all cards with the same color as those two cards are public cop'd.

Spoiler: Cards
Uriel - Attacker/Healer - Night One neighborizer

Phantom Ninja, Jiraiya - Attacker/Devil - Can make a bah post before daystart+<prodtimer> consisting of an image of any other card

Date Masamune - Attacker/God - Disables daytalk in all his PTs.

Echidna Sara - Healer/Devil - Night Two Bodyguard

Archangel Raziel- Healer/God - Macho. Shares a PT with Lucifer. Can at any time PM the mod to lock the PT and reveal it.

Archdemon Lucifer- Devil/God - Shares a PT with Raziel. Can at any time PM the mod to lock the PT and disable Raziel's ability.

Venus - Attacker/Healer, one-shot ability to become Devil/God

Haku - Healer/God, one-shot ability become Devil/Attacker

Amberjack - Attacker/Devil/Healer/God, N1 Bulletproof, N2 chooses three types to lose.
Last edited by Isis on Fri May 15, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Isis »

Clarifications and small changes:

1. The mafia nightkill will be treated as compulsive this game.
2. Lynching will also be compulsive but that's an "Isis is modding so town suffers" thing, not specific to this setup, I use mafia lynch not plurality lynch.
3. If a player is hammered before card-eggs are distributed and before 6 days of dayplay have passed, that is treated as "the deadline". The Scrooge-punisher-lynch effect will override whatever player actually got hammered and was supposed to die, players with undistributed card eggs are the day 1 lynch.
4. As a convenience/quality life feature, I will allow the official use of HURT: tags during card-egg distribution phase. I will move each person's vote to the player they most recently hurt immediately when card-egg distribution phase ends. You remove it with HURT: Isis.
5. All neighborhoods have daytalk.
6. Haku, Venus, and Amberjack are permanent and resolve before the nightkill resolves.
7. Date Masamune locks PTs the moment he's part of them, unless it's night.
8. A throw counts if you bold "
Throw: <playername>
" in the thread with little mutation beyond typographical errors. You don't have to say what you're throwing, but I will immediately publicly reveal it the next time I update the thread.
9. Town group decisions use day phase rules and scum group decisions use night phase rules for deadline length, as they appear in the bonuses (Healer, Devil, God).
10. The two heal recipients are voted simultaneously for healer bonus, not sequentially.
11. Note that mafia are not directly punished for failing to distribute their card-egg day 1, but the missing punishment itself might raise questions about their morals.
Last edited by Isis on Fri May 15, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Isis »

1. clidd
2. Hoctac
3. Elena Fisher
4. Dunnstral
5. Elements
6. Chemist1422
7. DoctorPepper
8. Pickaxe Pete
9. Titus
Last edited by Isis on Fri May 15, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Isis »

clidd
GeorgeBailey
2. Hoctac
3. Elena Fisher
4. Dunnstral
5. Elements (also known as The Periodic Table)
Chemist1422
shiki (also known as Team Rocket Queen)
7. DoctorPepper (also known as DoctarMiranda and DoctarPepsi)
Pickaxe Pete
Pigman
9. Titus
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Hathor

You are a God, Healer, and
light
Image Image Image card. You have a neighborhood with Elena Fisher. At any time, you may PM the moderator, and the neighborhood with Elena Fisher will be locked and become public. This won't work if the neighborhood is already locked because Elena Fisher Pmed me to lock it.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 20, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Tea Gardner & Shining Friendship & Fire Sorcerer

You are a Healer, Attacker, I mean Devil, God and
light
Image Image Image card. One night per game, you may message the mod to permanently become a Devil/God instead of Healer/Attacker.
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:21 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Anubis

You are God, Devil and
Dark
. Image Image Image.
You have a neighborhood with clidd. It has daytalk.
At any time, you may PM the moderator to lock your neighborhood with clidd and disable clidd's similar, but distinct, ability.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 20, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Alrescha

You are God, and formerly Devil, Attacker, Healer, and
water
. You have Night 1 Bulletproof. Night two, you may PM me to become only a God, only a Devil, only an Attacker, or only a Healer for the rest of the game.
This will take effect before the factional nightkill resolves. Image Image
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:39 am, edited 9 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Manticore

You are a Devil, Attacker and
fire
type Image Image Image. During night two, you may PM me the name of a player. If the mafia targets that player for the factional nightkill, that player will survive, and you will die instead. This won't work if you target GeorgeBailey.
Last edited by Isis on Thu May 28, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Fujin

You are God, Attacker and
wood
ImageImageImage. Daytalk is disabled in all PTs you have membership in.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 20, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Terra

You are an Attacker, Healer, and
fire
card. ImageImageImage. Night one, you may PM me the name of another player. If they survive the night, you will form a neighborhood where you can discuss the game with that player. This neighborhood has daytalk.
Last edited by Isis on Wed May 20, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Jiraiya, Phantom Ninja

You are an Attacker, Devil, Physical and
wood
ImageImageImageImagecard. When you die, for the first 48 hours of the following day phase, you may make a single post, provided it contains nothing but the image code used for any player's card.
Last edited by Isis on Thu May 21, 2020 11:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:

Eir

You are a God, Healer, I mean, Devil, Attacker, and
Dark
card. Image Image Image . During the night, you can PM me that you wish to use your one shot ability. If you do, you will become Devil and Attacker instead of God and Healer for the rest of the game. This resolves before the factional nightkill
Last edited by Isis on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by Isis »

Game will start and six day deadline will begin tolling when ALL players have confirmed, due to the impact of the Gacha mechanic.
8/9 confirmations.
Last edited by Isis on Mon May 18, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 11:44 pm

Post by Isis »

The second round of card-eggs was checked for correctness and is correct.
If you genuinely can't figure out which card-egg you have from the symbols, PM me and I will just tell you. It's okay, this is somewhat of an experiment. I think everyone will be able to manage though.
Let's get going!
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Isis »

Pigman replaces Pickaxe Pete in pregame
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.0clidd'-------------
Hoctac-----------
Elena Fisher-----
Dunnstral--------
Elements.--------
Chemist1422----
DoctorPepper'---
Pigman----------
Titus-------------
Not voting: clidd, Hoctac, Elena Fisher, Dunnstral, Elements, Chemist1422, DoctorPepper, Pigman, Titus

The dots and apostropheres have no special meaning and were used to manipulate symbol width to get close to even lines.

Gacha distribution status(.:.) clidd - [X]
(.:.) Hoctac - [X]
(.:.) Elena Fisher - [X]
(.:.) Dunnstral - [X]
(.:.) Elements - [X]
(.:.) Chemist1422 - [X]
(.:.) DoctorPepper - [X]
(.:.) Pigman - [X]
(.:.) Titus - [X]

Gacha deadline! (expired on 2020-05-24 20:59:59)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Isis »

The children have all collected prizes from each machine. Each one received some kind of snowball. On the surface, a rather humble prize.

But there was something mysterious about them. As though they had some kind of deeper meaning.

All the kids were from the same school, and at least passingly familiar with eachother. They'd played at recess before, and had snowball fights in cold winters. But this winter hadn't been cold enough, at least on the days with precipitation. Was the most special thing about this gift the opportunity to play a snowball fight in a winter that might not see any snow at all? Or was there even more.

They all smiled as they schemed to hit eachother, hopefully hitting another before getting hit for minor bragging rights.

A bird tweets from a tree, and making it more recognizable how silent the park was to begin with.
"Well, I..."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I and all members of my faction that are known to me and I to them,
VOTE: Elena Fisher
and win the game.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

VOTE: Titus

Long time no see there
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Innocent younglings! Surely not capable of murder.
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Hoctac »

HURT: DoctarPepper

I throw a snowball at DoctarPepper.
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Does anyone know if scum have daychat? I looked through the rules but couldn't find it. I'd rather not hassle the mod.
not yet sentient
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Here are my thoughts right now:

1. I don't see a downside to claiming card-eggs right now - we need to distribute them to other players
2. We shouldn't distribute the card-eggs right away, I want to get a feel for people first, some card-eggs would be a shame to be lost
3. DoctorPepper didn't read the setup

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”