Nahdia & Starbuck/votato
- Friendship and confessions
Morning Tweet & Kanna
- An iron bond and a quality scumteam
drusilla & Clover Ebi
- Revelation, paranoia, and regret
skitter30 & Raven Branwen
- Wholesome. Won't be released as per request
Nahdia/Star/votato, Dunn and bee, Chara/Tux/Lillith are showing up as “unauthorized”.
And the dead thread links directly to mine and Skitter’s PT.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:38 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

Subject: Silent Star 1: Mafia PT
Dunnstral wrote:I may have messed up with my actions and claimed result

Now my path to victory involves lynching Raven Branwen, which should be considerably difficult and probably won't happen
:lol:

gg everyone. @mod, keep me on your future games list. @Clover deserves a moment of brilliance nom for putting together the pieces. Hadn’t he had done that, this game might have ended very differently.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by Kanna »

In post 3578, beeboy wrote:Image

Back stabbed by Dunnstral, and I couldn't even lynch the Mayor.
What a game.
hugs for beeboy
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Kanna »

thank you for the great game everyone! + thanks for moderating hectic, menalque <3

had a lot of fun!
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:40 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, I fingered Tuxedo the moment I got in the game. I can't believe no one took that serious.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3600, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 3599, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 3586, Hectic wrote:
Mod PT
- A bit of commentary from us
Mafia PT
- Removed the posts where they roasted all the players
Dead & Spectators
- They could see everything
Chara/Tuxedo Mask & lilith2013
- Friendship and betrayal
Dunnstral & beeboy
- More friendship and betrayal
Nahdia & Starbuck/votato
Morning Tweet & Kanna
drusilla & Clover Ebi
Nahdia/Star/votato, Dunn and bee, Chara/Tux/Lillith are showing up as “unauthorized”.
This is fixed, I think the others are unauthorised in case they want to request any redactions before release
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:08 am

Post by Nahdia »

oh, no redactions on my part.

having slept on it, i really don't see how scum was ever meant to win this short of town not figuring out the wolf twist until long past due. being locked into claims from post 0 unless you quickly kill your partner was a big handicap on top of the major town power. like i said, probably hard to balance while accounting for the twist, but still :\
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Menalque »

We were aware that how quickly town figured out the twist would be very important to the balance, but didn’t think it would swing this townsided if they got it on D2 and were prepared to openly scumclaim by then. We tried to redress that a little bit by letting dunn decide on the flavour but it was kind of a last minute redress of the swing. You have a point about the neighbourhoods too, I think, although the beeboy hood worked in Dunn’s favour by letting him get a good pocket, the others didn’t generate paranoia, everyone sort of just locked into “well my partner is town, it must be someone else’s partner who’s scum” which wasn’t (I think I’m right in saying) the intention of the hoods

I hope you enjoyed the game anyway, nahdia
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

i think hoods in general are +scum, and were in particular in this game (serving as functionally limited role-cops by telling scum where the bg and watcher were, and allowing bee to be pocketed for a while)
that being said, i do think that scum were underpowered for what town had, despite the twist (cop, watcher, backup, bg) is a lot against three goons, even if you know about the watcher/backup, as there were functionally 1.5 cops (cop + even-night watcher), either of which could be backed up. it's kinda hard playing against that sort of investigative power, no matter what you know about the setup, especially since dunn had to lock into a claim so early

i think that the twist was really, really neat, and i was incredibly confused for the first dayphase. seeing star flip ww was incredibly unnerving because ... did i just like vote out a member of my own scum faction without knowing they were part of it?
but i think after *two* such flips (i.e. by the start of day2) it started becoming obvious what was going on, and i think i would have prompted the 'scumclaim' at that point if dru hadn't

ty hectic for teh game, it was quite fun and enjoyable, and the flavor was great :)
balancing such a game is hard by it's nature
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:35 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 3608, skitter30 wrote:i think hoods in general are +scum, and were in particular in this game (serving as functionally limited role-cops by telling scum where the bg and watcher were, and allowing bee to be pocketed for a while)
i mean, it depends on the skill of the player involved. a really skilled scumplayer like Dunnstral can make it work, but most people aren't Dunnstral.

I feel like, really strongly about this. Again, there was a time that neighborhoods were referred to as indirect cop checks. There is a reason for this! And in this setup, MT/Kanna and Drusilla/Clover could have easily roleswapped if they wanted to. Our cop shot was basically a 50/50, we almost went for MT. Not to mention that again, scum were locked into their claims from before d1 even began.

Knowing the identity of the BG and even-night watcher is fine, but we had to find some way around the fact that them both ending up dead would look super suspicious once the twist dropped.

I like, hate being that salty scum player who bitches about the setup after they lose, but current balance wisdom about neighborhoods really frustrates me because of how wrong it is.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:37 am

Post by Nahdia »

Dunnstral pocketing bee shouldn't be a given. MT being cleared off Kanna and skitter/raven being basically unassailable VT's as a result of the neighborhoods is already a ton of town benefit.

-Zaphkael, 2020
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:42 am

Post by skitter30 »

you're making some good points too, esp wrt being forced into claims post0. i think maybe if you had been told the whole setup it would have been easier? idk.
it's def a tricky setup to try and balance

and idk i guess i'm in the group of people who can do a boatload of pocketing in a neighborhood so to me they seem super +scum, but it's fair to point out that this might not be the case for everyone. i'm not sure i would agree that they often function a indirect cop check tho. i think on balance it's easier for scum to pocket in a neighborhood than for town to sus out their neighbor's alignment.
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

(i guess i mean more in a 'normal' game where the hoods aren't part of the setup, etc. i do agree that in this game in particular it gave us an mt clear, and me/raven were always townreading each other because of it)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:49 am

Post by Hectic »

Agreed on town having too much power, Nahdia - sorry about that. You can see some of my regrets in that department if you read the mod PT.

The other PTs have been released btw.
In post 3601, Raven Branwen wrote:gg everyone. @mod, keep me on your future games list.
Will do, I'm glad you had fun!
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3605, Menalque wrote:
In post 3600, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 3599, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 3586, Hectic wrote:
Mod PT
- A bit of commentary from us
Mafia PT
- Removed the posts where they roasted all the players
Dead & Spectators
- They could see everything
Chara/Tuxedo Mask & lilith2013
- Friendship and betrayal
Dunnstral & beeboy
- More friendship and betrayal
Nahdia & Starbuck/votato
Morning Tweet & Kanna
drusilla & Clover Ebi
This is fixed, I think the others are unauthorised in case they want to request any redactions before release
No, the dead thread still links to mine and Skitter’s PT.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Nahdia »

only if you're clickin it from the quote. click it from the original post

-Zaphkael, 2020
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3607, Menalque wrote:We were aware that how quickly town figured out the twist would be very important to the balance, but didn’t think it would swing this townsided if they got it on D2 and were prepared to openly scumclaim by then. We tried to redress that a little bit by letting dunn decide on the flavour but it was kind of a last minute redress of the swing. You have a point about the neighbourhoods too, I think, although the beeboy hood worked in Dunn’s favour by letting him get a good pocket, the others didn’t generate paranoia, everyone sort of just locked into “well my partner is town, it must be someone else’s partner who’s scum” which wasn’t (I think I’m right in saying) the intention of the hoods

I actually think Star and Lillith we’re screwed right out of the gate and I feel really bad for both of them. You believe you and your partner share the same faction, so of course as a ww, you are open and honest and share everything. That’s why Skitter and me, MT and Kanna absolutely trusted each other. Can’t really speak for Dru’s paranoia on Clover though and it unfortunately influenced me after her flip. But as ww Prs wrongly believing they could trust their partners - not knowing their Pr reveals made them immediate targets, neither ever stood a chance. Both were doomed from the start.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:08 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3615, Nahdia wrote:only if you're clickin it from the quote. click it from the original post
Yeah thanks. Btw, did you enjoy my alternative ending with the GoT flavouring? I howled when I saw that raven gif btw, especially after I read you use “skittered” as a verb.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Nahdia »

a thing of beauty.

we shoulda just pushed the mayor down the well and lived happily ever after to start.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3616, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 3607, Menalque wrote:We were aware that how quickly town figured out the twist would be very important to the balance, but didn’t think it would swing this townsided if they got it on D2 and were prepared to openly scumclaim by then. We tried to redress that a little bit by letting dunn decide on the flavour but it was kind of a last minute redress of the swing. You have a point about the neighbourhoods too, I think, although the beeboy hood worked in Dunn’s favour by letting him get a good pocket, the others didn’t generate paranoia, everyone sort of just locked into “well my partner is town, it must be someone else’s partner who’s scum” which wasn’t (I think I’m right in saying) the intention of the hoods

I actually think Star and Lillith we’re screwed right out of the gate and I feel really bad for both of them. You believe you and your partner share the same faction, so of course as a ww, you are open and honest and share everything. That’s why Skitter and me, MT and Kanna absolutely trusted each other. Can’t really speak for Dru’s paranoia on Clover though and it unfortunately influenced me after her flip. But as ww Prs wrongly believing they could trust their partners - not knowing their Pr reveals made them immediate targets, neither ever stood a chance. Both were doomed from the start.
I think the counterpoint is that very accurate PR killing early on implicates the partners, and before the twist is revealed there’s the option for the scum to simply try to manipulate the PRs into bad shots instead of eliminating them. I think the play of knowing that immediately meant that killing them was a valid option, but I don’t think all scumteams would have chosen to go down that route and I think the manipulation option would also have been viable
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:24 am

Post by Nahdia »

if we hadnt killed the known PR's ASAP then the faction cop would have been even worse for us :c

i did have fun with this game btw. scumposting day 2 was a lot of fun.

-Zaphkael, 2020
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:29 am

Post by beeboy »

Maybe just not have the backup?
If scum make the choice to kill the power roles and make themselves look worse.
Then the watcher doesn't come back to haunt them anyway.

And in that world town is still left with a cop.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3618, Nahdia wrote:a thing of beauty.

we shoulda just pushed the mayor down the well and lived happily ever after to start.
<3

I probably let Dunn off too easy. :P What do you think? :lol:
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3619, Menalque wrote:
In post 3616, Raven Branwen wrote:

I think the counterpoint is that very accurate PR killing early on implicates the partners, and before the twist is revealed there’s the option for the scum to simply try to manipulate the PRs into bad shots instead of eliminating them. I think the play of knowing that immediately meant that killing them was a valid option, but I don’t think all scumteams would have chosen to go down that route and I think the manipulation option would also have been viable
If I’m mafia in this setup, I 100% want the ww PRs dead asap and Nahdia and Tux didn’t get executed because of their respective connections to Star/Lillith. It was a happy accident for town that Kanna copped her and as for Tux, his slot got executed be he was being very obviously scummy.
In post 3620, Nahdia wrote:if we hadnt killed the known PR's ASAP then the faction cop would have been even worse for us :c

i did have fun with this game btw. scumposting day 2 was a lot of fun.
+1

Yes exactly. You’re tinfoil was the highlight of the game for me.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3621, beeboy wrote:Maybe just not have the backup?
If scum make the choice to kill the power roles and make themselves look worse.
Then the watcher doesn't come back to haunt them anyway.

And in that world town is still left with a cop.
Nahdia was just unlucky, Tux was super scummy. As for Dunn, don’t know how I missed it the first time around but both that hammer and his explanation for it was a blatant perspective slip. What scum deliberately tries to look scummy? Scum is supposed to try to look as townie as possible, so I’m baffled as to how we all missed that when he first posted it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”