Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

So uhhh. Well that didn't go so well. A lot of the troubles came from the sheer number of replacements. I don't know what actually went wrong, but I know a part of it is from my questionable modding so I truly apologize from that.

Also setup perspective, aside from a number of items I should have made clearer, I do agree with someone saying that this is heavily scumsided. All three scums have insane powers compared to a number of towns having gated abilities, or in some case, negative. The audition should have been a separate phase for less interference; also because it seems to me that a number of people never utilized the mechanic. The game lasting off to Final 3 is beyond my expectations, though.

Anyways, if you still enjoyed the game with all that aside then that's cool to hear. Sorry for any mistakes and I hope to try do better next game. Or the same, I don't know. I'll try anyway.
Last edited by Tatsuya Kaname on Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Gg mafia bois
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Thanks to MariaR, Shiro, mastina and Panzerjager for sticking with me from the start.
Thanks to everyone else for replacing in and keeping this game from burning (not that it hasn't been).
Thanks to all the previous players for your interest in my game.
Thanks to Torque for helping me with the game.
Thank you.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Honestly I had the biggest brain plan to be a bridge between dead and alive communication but then I replaced out and oofed
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by jks »

Sorry about not hammering instantly. I tend to play cautiously around potential vengeful shots when it gets that late in the game and it's role madness (covered this a bit in the scum PT, not sure if that's been made public yet).
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Titus »

I'm still rightfully pissed off my gun power did not resolve immediately. A dayphase power usually resolves when the player submits the PM. Using that would have made things a lot clearer for town. Instead finding out that my "dayphase" resolved at the start of night was totally whacked up.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
jks
jks
Goon
jks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by jks »

I do agree scum had too many powerful abilities vs town's gated abilities, but I don't know if it was necessarily imbalanced so much as very swingy. For example, a D1 scum flip from any scum player (but especially beeboy or myself) would have probably tilted this heavily in favour of town (unlike in a less power-heavy game where a single instance of scum dying isn't as damaging).

It's hard to properly balance role madness games since they're always going to be incredibly swingy and may seem imbalanced as a result, even if they aren't.

Some roles seemed like they could have been made a little stronger though (e.g. Shiro's investigative ability was practically useless in this game, for as long as beeboy was alive at least).
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

In post 2030, Titus wrote:I'm still rightfully pissed off my gun power did not resolve immediately. A dayphase power usually resolves when the player submits the PM. Using that would have made things a lot clearer for town. Instead finding out that my "dayphase" resolved at the start of night was totally whacked up.
That is truly my mistake for being unclear.

Among the day powers (except Audition Bonuses), the only power I intended to have activated immediately and not end of day is the (somehow fake) Gladiator power (I might be missing more but this is the only thing I can remember clearly of). Other power I should have the phrase "at the start of the following night" written on it. I actually wrote it on DK's power but I forgot to write it down on yours and be more clear.

That said, I should have just make it immediate action as well; I totally forgot what went into my mind that make me create the role like it is.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by catboi »

Sigh. Sorry Titus. Sorry Creature. Sorry everyone - pretty much every plsy I made this game was shit. I knew I was being dumb with what I was saying but couldn't pull back. I had briefly considered at the start of the day phase that on sheer tone that titus made more sense as town but couldn't commit to that and with her voting me feeling like an inevitability I just sort of rolled over. I'm just glad it's over.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by beeboy »

My only setup critique is in regards to exactly Panzer's role.
I don't think it needed to be gated, which swung balance, a lot.

Or my role needed to not be a thing if you liked keeping the cop that way.

One or the other and I'd say the setup is balanced, role madness has a thing where each scum death creates holes the town PRs can expolit like what JKS said.
Having no scum night actions go off night after night obviously made it look a lot worse then what it actually was.

Let's say I die day 1, Panzers cop went off on town and the vig went off on POE town.
That would result in a town win most of the time, and that's 2 night actions arguably being used "poorly"
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

I first was going to hold onto this song for Song Contest but I have a better one in my mind. (well, I'll have to wait 10 more contests though :P)

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:30 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2021, catboi wrote:Also sorry for throwing autowin by not doccing Ari
Hey man, I asked you not to, hoping to trick scum into shooting elsewhere as my BP shots were left unclaimed and I pretended it was ungated.

I wanted to limit the pool of unknowns and I was almost certain that with the macho on you and the claims on my part that I was still BP that you would be the one eliminated. That was also why I told DK to watch you if yku lived, because it made no sense to me that scum wouldn't shoot you in that scenario.

I was cocky and may have cost us the endgame, not you!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Tatsuya, I still had a fun game! Finding that mechanical play I made with the scumkill bait was such a rush!

Sorry MariaR :twisted:
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Townie
Donkey Kong
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Donkey Kong »

In post 2020, catboi wrote:Also, Donkey Kong, I did you fucking dirty and I want to say I'm sorry for that.. I said a bunch of mean stuff to you and called you names, and then when you turned around and tried to actually play a little, I ended up quickhammering you, less than a day after I actually towncased you. That was incredibly shit of of me to do.
That's alright, bud. It's an emotional game and it just gets like that sometimes. Unlucky at the end, I thought it was Titus too.
I've never known any problem that couldn't be solved with a little nap.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:55 pm

Post by mastina »

This was a game I played in.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

...the fact mafia won this game is a complete miracle. Massive kudos to the guys who replaced in and made it happen, especially jks obviously.

Bravo!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2025, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:So uhhh. Well that didn't go so well. A lot of the troubles came from the sheer number of replacements. I don't know what actually went wrong, but I know a part of it is from my questionable modding so I truly apologize from that.

Also setup perspective, aside from a number of items I should have made clearer, I do agree with someone saying that this is heavily scumsided. All three scums have insane powers compared to a number of towns having gated abilities, or in some case, negative. The audition should have been a separate phase for less interference; also because it seems to me that a number of people never utilized the mechanic. The game lasting off to Final 3 is beyond my expectations, though.

Anyways, if you still enjoyed the game with all that aside then that's cool to hear. Sorry for any mistakes and I hope to try do better next game. Or the same, I don't know. I'll try anyway.
No issue with your modding. Definitely didn't feel the game was scum-sided, we may have had power roles but they were very complicated and there was far too much info hidden from the 'informed minority' which placed town at a big advantage. My main frustration was the amount of people (scum and town alike) lazily coasting and not really thinking, and a minority of town players spamming and browbeating made it feel like a real chore to post. I did feel bad for the players who were trying though, and fair play to them. I think the lack of engagement is a problem with heavily themed games in general, so don't take it personally!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life