Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:48 am

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

*catboi
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:44 am

Post by catboi »

Why, exactly? What does being the last vote matter?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:47 am

Post by catboi »

The way you're posting scares me, tbh
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:54 am

Post by redtea »

i want catboi voting last
*Old account here
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:10 pm

In post 2226, catboi wrote:Why, exactly? What does being the last vote matter?
Because we're the closest thing to mechanically town in this game and we're not sold you're town

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:10 pm

In post 2227, catboi wrote:The way you're posting scares me, tbh
Go on
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:10 pm

In post 2228, redtea wrote:i want catboi voting last
Because ...
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 2229, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
Because we're the closest thing to mechanically town in this game and we're not sold you're town

- Dumber
But, nominally, why would it
matter
? if you're wrong the game would be over, anyway. It makes no difference...for town.
Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 2227, catboi wrote:The way you're posting scares me, tbh
Go on
Because while I can't really deny that the way strbuck has approached the wagon every day has been scummy, and her no-showing this day phase is a massive disappointment (regardless of alignment), this reads like "I need the extra point of corruption from hammering and can't win without it".
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by catboi »

And given that there's no urgency to eliminate today, I'm disinclined to give you a chance to pull a fast one.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by catboi »

Like, if you don't trust me, why not ask me anything during this entire phase? Why push for voting starbuck anyway?
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:34 am

In post 2232, catboi wrote:But, nominally, why would it matter? if you're wrong the game would be over, anyway. It makes no difference...for town.
Because it makes me feel better about ending the day and I don't know why you're picking a fight over this?

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:35 am

In post 2232, catboi wrote:Because while I can't really deny that the way strbuck has approached the wagon every day has been scummy, and her no-showing this day phase is a massive disappointment (regardless of alignment), this reads like "I need the extra point of corruption from hammering and can't win without it".
Wut
Explain what you mean by the last sentence?
We've had redtea/nor visit us 3x now so ?

And reminder that star is scummy, you've not explained why we're scummier than her here ...

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:38 am

[quote="In post 2234, catboi"][/quote]

I mean we can no-elim, idrc

If we're going to vote today I want it star and I want you to vote before me

Your suspicion of my slot also feels undeveloped, and I"m not sure where it's stemming from just now, and if you're suspicious of me ... why haven't you questioned me this whole phase?

- Dumber
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:29 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2237, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Your suspicion of my slot also feels undeveloped, and I"m not sure where it's stemming from just now, and if you're suspicious of me ... why haven't you questioned me this whole phase?
Because it basically wasn't in question until now. I figured if you were scum concerned with corruption levels you'd probably have killed redtea. But "I don't fully trust you, so give me hammer on a different player" doesn't make sense? at all?

And yeah, we're testing the no elimination, I guess.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2232, catboi wrote:her no-showing this day phase is a massive disappointment (regardless of alignment)
Oh, trust me. I hate that I haven't been able to give time like I usually can to games and I hate being a disappointment.

I truly believe that DD is the last scum. I've been trying to find time to sit and write up the case, and I finally have some time to do it this afternoon if you'll bear with me.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Starbuck »

So starting from the beginning of their ISO, D&D says that anyone with a NU role should claim then. This frame of thinking always bothers me because I feel like giving scum more information is never in the town's best interest. Hence, why I held back from revealing mine.

D&D was a part of that whole "trolling" conversation and I know Joey pushed that pretty hard as a VT, but reading it yet again, it doesn't feel so genuine on DD's part. I don't know how to describe it as anything other than sowing undue chaos, and then acting the hero when D&D's other head comes in to squash it and all their reads change. Like I said it reads differently now than it read at the beginning of the game.

In the midst of that D&D calls out Radical Rat's Saintess crumb. We all know that RR was scum, but I still don't see the positive in calling out any crumb on Day 1. It's there to be caught, yes, but not publicly announced.

They don't mention me until their 322 where they say they scumread me, they get asked why, and say that my content feels forced and unnatural, and has ridden this tunnel the whole game since.

I never liked their stance on Jackal even from Day 1. Just take a look at this:
In post 334, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 153, Jackel98 wrote:Was Radical Rat's religious "roleplaying" really so out of character that two (three if counting D&D) people saw it as a flavour crumb, let alone one obvious enough to just out to everyone? Like, I'll trust you guys if that's the case, but I thought the point of crumbs was to leave subtle clues to point at later, and that pointing them out would be kind of against that.

I don't know how to read androgybee's fakeclaim, if it's AI at all. I guess it could be a way to see if a PR would out themselves, but that's a stretch tbh. Like, gutwise, trolling/muddying the water seems anti-town, since we'd be operating on false assumptions about how corruption works until they either out themselves or get eliminated, but I can't find scum motivation beyond just misinformation.

Joey_, why did you immediately believe their claim, yet you questioned D&D on why they thought SS was voting androgybee for trolling? You did say overthinking is your brand.
I don't love this post, for a few reasons:
a) The first bit feels like they're trying to undermine the townreads on Radical Rat
b) the second paragraph feels like scum who doesn't know how to react to a town!androgybee's fakeclaim

(Me disliking this post is a large part of why my other head voted for Jackel)

- Dumber
The discrediting of Jackal in all regards here, in hopes to push that elimination, is pretty clear. Also, I don't see how Jackal's reaction to androgy is anything less than town, especially when D&D themselves admits in 339 that they don't even know where to put androgy between their Town and Scum reads. It's scummy AF to vote someone for doing exactly what you are already doing.

And as we go further down through their posts in the 380s, they say they lost any semblance of a townread they had on androgy partly because they dislike their take on Jackal. It's such an odd stance to take.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

I hit submit instead of preview, in any case, continued:

And as we go further down through their posts in the 380s, they say they lost any semblance of a townread they had on androgy partly because they dislike their take on Jackal. It's such an odd stance to take.

They think that "a lot of AI material was produced" as a result of androgy's claim but they aren't sure why they made the claim or what they were trying to get out of it. Nor do they agree with the feeling that androgy is unenthused after their gambit got shut down. This feels extremely rolefishy to me now, given androgy's flip. Not to mention, it seems like in almost every game that I've played with beeboy since returning to the site, he has some sort of gambit to start off the Day. I don't blame anyone who is skeptical of him, but I do think this was a rolefishy stance given D&D's earlier request of NU's to claim.

Then we get down into 436 with more discrediting of Jackal/finding them actively scummy and the fact that they think someone/Jackal can't have a townread on someone/Joey who has different scumreads than them. Hell, it has happened to me and I've given my townreads benefit of the doubt when I've been apprehensive.

There's also the weird scumread of NDmath who they barely mention and then vote, but then swap back to Jackal then flip over to SS. I was going to make a point about them wanting an elimination, any elimination, and then I scroll down to this.
In post 623, Dumb and Dumber wrote:So much talk. C'mon guys, let's put someone at L-1.

-Dumbass
There's quite a number of vote flips before the end of Day 1 when they finally settle on NDMath.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Starbuck »

Day 2/Pre-Androgy martyrdom:

They want to start with me or Jackal for the vote. Let's remember, that D&D mentioned me all of twice (I think) on Day 1.

They say:
In post 785, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I'm also not super thrilled with the compromise wagon on ndmath yesterday, and would bet multiple scumz on wagon

But they said they were scumreading him earlier in the Day 1 and then never mentioned him again. This particular statement feels doesn't feel so great from the push they gave of him and then didn't shoulder any responsibility on that front.

I can't remember who tried to shade me for bringing up a possible 3P in regards to Banana (I was obviously wrong), but I wasn't the only one who was thinking this or who originally brought it up. This is in regards to the 2 NKs on N1:
In post 801, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I would imagine that at least one of them came from some entity other than the scumteam tho
They reiterate that they still think Jackal and I are scummy, even though they barely said anything about me and vote scum!Porkens in 803. Banana asks for elaboration in regards to me and D&D gets on the IIoA pony that they've ridden all game since then. What bothers me about this is that D&D never actually gathers a real case on me. They just keep playing the "what about Starbuck?' card to the point that they are still doing it now.

I feel as though this back and forth with Porkens as we continue through the 900s to be distancing. Also, the continual "I'd also switch to Starbuck" comments are just lazy. They say nothing about what I've done in this game still. Given how much they hopped around on Day 1 and their continual policy pushes, they don't have a leg to stand on even at this point.

This reminds me that D&D was the first to bring up the idea of a mass claim in 993 and 996. Given how rolefishy they were acting on Day 1 (which I wish I caught much earlier), this doesn't come as a surprise that they'd push for the mass claim.

They, then, vote me in 1035 because I was catching up in another (much shorter game at the time) before conquering this one. Yet again, still not creating a case based on this game and then when I finally start getting through some catch up, they still ride the IIoA pony in 1043 and 1053. This continues down where they decide that I'm not being genuine when I'm coming back to a ton more pages each time. I don't know if y'all looked at the damn Activity Overview, but it was insane there for awhile. Even looking at it right now, Banana has a total of 620 posts in this game before he died. Norwee was closing in on 400. There was a lot of fluffposting going on that was making it difficult for me to catch up. Not to mention feeling pretty downtrodden when coming across posts like
In post 1188, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Why are we not wagoning star again ?????????

Despite how this is being portrayed by several different people, this is not just an activity based pushed, and I do not understand why wagoning her is so hard

- Dumber
I'm really glad that there were those who stood up for me because once I got through reading, I felt like I had a better sense of the game, but I also wanted to not only add to the conversations that I missed but to have them in perpetuity/in my ISO had I made it this far in the game.

Additionally, a comment like this (and the rest of 1193 for that matter) really brings major scumpings:
In post 1193, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I think the fact that it's so impossible to wagon her, and that there's so much resistance to it, is scum-indicative as well
I don't understand why I'm responsible for the actions (or in this case, nonaction) of the other players in the game. How in the hell is that at all AI or have anything to do with your feelings about why I'm scummy and not your feelings in regard to the other players?

After this post, D&D asks Banana, Cat, and Bell to vote me in 1194 and tries to maneuver the vote off Porkens after scumreading him earlier during Day 2. The conversation turns back to the massclaim and they ask yet another rolefishy question of the claimed Clerics in 1461. They even continue down that nothing about the massclaim changes their view of me or Porkens, even though they seemed to drop their willingness about Porkens. There's a lot more posts about wagoning me and "how about Starbuck?"

Another interesting note, that really didn't fit in with the tangent above, is that D&D considered Bell as town from when they replaced in and still after Bell claimed to be the fruit vendor in 1087, where this reaction after Bell's death makes absolutely no sense given their town read of Bell the whole time before:
In post 1590, Dumb and Dumber wrote:i was right thinking a compulsive fruit vendor that hands out corruption is scum
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Starbuck »

VOTE: Dumb & Dumber

Getting this done because I know who needs to be eliminated today for our town to win.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:51 am

Post by redtea »

In post 2229, Dumb and Dumber wrote:

- Dumber
This makes no sense honestly.
In post 2231, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 2228, redtea wrote:i want catboi voting last
Because ...
I'm not elaborating.
Think I'll UNVOTE: though.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:04 am

Post by redtea »

I
will
elaborate that no-elim now seems to be the best bet for today. Catboi hammering between D&D and Starbuck tomorrow is fine with me. Starbuck's comeback up there seems way too put-together to come from maf, gotta say.

Starbuck, glad to have you around.
To add a tiny point to all of that: Stood out to me there that a maf!D&D motivation behind pointing out the saintess crumb would be to get their partner locked-in as town.
*Old account here
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I wish real life wasn't so overwhelming during this game and I could be here more.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 2245, redtea wrote:I
will
elaborate that no-elim now seems to be the best bet for today. Catboi hammering between D&D and Starbuck tomorrow is fine with me. Starbuck's comeback up there seems way too put-together to come from maf, gotta say.

Starbuck, glad to have you around.
To add a tiny point to all of that: Stood out to me there that a maf!D&D motivation behind pointing out the saintess crumb would be to get their partner locked-in as town.
Meh. Not like making cases as scum is the hardest thing in the world.

That said, keep healing dumb and dumber and see what happens. I'm not going to sweat it, let the mechanics work this one out.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by catboi »

I'm not really whelmed by the case, but that last post she quoted is interesting, Lol.
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:19 pm

No-elim is mechanically better in a vacuum but given the possibility of extra kill power it may be a bad decision.

We believe we're mechanically likelier to be town since we got double cleric shot? It'd be weird if only one scum had town criteria for dying from corruption.

I'm confused at the point about us pointing out the saintess crumb.

-Dumbass

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”