Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 122, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
vote flavor leaf

Talking too much
I think that Pooky may have been on to something with this.

If FL is trying to dominate the game, high, better than rand chance he’s scum in that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2919, jjh927 wrote:Ngl NM's role was actually very straightforward. I wouldn't have had any questions about how the role operated.
Well, please explain it to both me and NM then, because I still don’t get it.

Nm, I probably confused hider with some other role. :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2913, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2909, Gamma Emerald wrote:Maria, please don’t ever deviate so flagrantly from the standard role names + utilities like you did here, it makes things really hard to parse
@Gamma did you vig KD? We still don’t know why he died.
No, I didn’t target KD with any action that night
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2915, jjh927 wrote:
In post 2909, Gamma Emerald wrote:Maria, please don’t ever deviate so flagrantly from the standard role names + utilities like you did here, it makes things really hard to parse
Honestly, the only important thing with roles in theme games is that mods don't rely on the standard role names and explain how all roles work independently. I don't like making assumptions so I knew to ask what a hide action meant in the context of this game, but other people don't do that.
Hider I can forgive, but if you’re using a role explicitly conceptualized in the normal queue I think it would make sense to use the normal function. Like, I still think VMP’s role was a complete tire fire, though I’ll apologize for how heated I got about it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2925, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I think that Pooky may have been on to something with this.

If FL is trying to dominate the game, high, better than rand chance he’s scum in that.
I felt his Arcana through the interwebz <3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2920, April Ludgate wrote:
They died because they had a Suicide condition in their role.
In post 2786, Dunnstral wrote:Kaname Date has died during the night.

Spoiler: “You will come to know that what appears to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment you will ever make.”
Welcome Kaname Date you are

The Hanged Man

You are a Suicidal doctor/conditional cop sided with with the Town

Abilities:

You start the game with a counter of 5 The counter will go down by 1 every night
Every night you may protect a player. If you choose to do the counter will go down by 1
When you die you may pick a player you have previously protected. Their alignment will be revealed to the public.

Flavor Leaf has been revealed as aligned with
the Mafia

Day 4 will end in: (expired on 2020-10-03 04:00:00)
So, did he die because it was N3, he protected the same player twice or a combination there of?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2928, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2915, jjh927 wrote:
Honestly, the only important thing with roles in theme games is that mods don't rely on the standard role names and explain how all roles work independently. I don't like making assumptions so I knew to ask what a hide action meant in the context of this game, but other people don't do that.
Hider I can forgive, but if you’re using a role explicitly conceptualized in the normal queue I think it would make sense to use the normal function. Like, I still think VMP’s role was a complete tire fire, though I’ll apologize for how heated I got about it
I think I should have probably TA’d FL again, because a negative after Tris’ death would be a solid guilty. I once had a role that granted solid innos and conditional guilties, so I think this one was better.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2929, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2925, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I think that Pooky may have been on to something with this.

I felt his Arcana through the interwebz <3
:lol:

Scum!FL tends to talk a lot more than town!FL in general, so you nailed a common FL scumtell. *(in game) spanks Shiro*. :P <3
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Kaname Date
Kaname Date
Goon
Kaname Date
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Kaname Date »

i died from the "Suicidal" in my role name. it was inevitable.
i could have lived longer if i'd never docced but obviously i was going to use it.
I wish... that Mizuki will grow up healthy and happy.
Kaname Date
Kaname Date
Goon
Kaname Date
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by Kaname Date »

wasn't explicitly stated in my role PM but i figured from context that the counter being referenced would kill me when it reached zero.
I wish... that Mizuki will grow up healthy and happy.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:06 am

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 2921, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:kinda sad you killed me :( I think we had a good soul connection FL
You were just too townie.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Ampharos »

oh it got unlocked! was gonna be tragic if i didn't get to postgame at all

gg all, thought the scumteam played fairly well even considering the result. FL did a good job in making a terrible deathtunnel look genuine - i think i could have caught him after the tris flip, but given that the tris flip kinda required my death as a prereq...

and yeah, the setup was pretty heavily townsided, but them's the breaks sometimes. still enjoyed the game, ty maria/dunn for hosting
aka Amy | hope you're having a good day
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Ampharos »

In post 2912, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2902, Kaname Date wrote:i almost had to believe the claim because i figured it would be tested. and i knew after my N3 death Nancy would be looking for FL relaying a specific private conversation between us, so she'd be able to prove i wasn't in a topic with him. though, FL's ability to wiggle out of a bad situation can't be underestimated.

i protected Haya n1 thinking he might be the kill, and FL because i thought he was a likely kill target if town but also didn't trust him at all. between the two it was obvious that FL was the one to flip. i was trying to bait a kill n3.

credit to Fish and Haya for obvtowning so early they stayed entirely out of the PoE. also thanks to Nancy for townclearing me on D&D interactions. my goal this game was to survive long enough to die on my own and flip a scum, which i did do, even if my reads weren't too great.
<3 I had you as townlock for much of the game, now if only someone could tell me how to read FL . . . :P
biggest things i'd ding him on:

the earlygame, where he expressed a scumread on tris... but then parlayed this into pressure on
me
for not agreeing with it, rather than pursuing the scumread any further

and

the dichotomy he established on d2 with me/kd as the "not towny" players, attempting to influence the venge pool and expand it past N_M, who'd be an easy ML to get later and an inconsequential villager to leave alive otherwise

and

let's not forget that i had the correct read on his initially relatively noncommittal stance towards N_M on d2, before he buckled down for the hard defense

not to take away anything from FL's play! the tunnel was well-executed in that it had me reluctant to scumread him, and i think he certainly makes it deeper in the game if i don't out tris
Ampharos
Ampharos
Goon
Ampharos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Ampharos »

also i want it on record that pregame i thought beeboy was an entirely different mafia player who sometimes goes by hayasaka, and only backtracked on this when he started posting... and then was completely baffled when he claimed to know me anyways lmao
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:39 am

Post by April Ludgate »

I actually specifically state in the Mafia PT about though being wrong for the wrong reasons, if that makes sense, in regards to NM.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:41 am

Post by April Ludgate »

Yeah, I do scummy things in hindsight as scum, but that gives leeway, i do scummy things as town, so if i don’t as scum, it’s super obvious. I’m super consistent a lot of times as scum, so I have to actively make sure i get less consistent.

And chopping at gamestate manipulation is what I abuse a lot of times as scum.

But this game was highly irregular scum game by me. I just did fuck all :lol:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Chalk up another game where I’m dead right about FL and he tries to deflect btw
<Embrace The Void>

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2937, Ampharos wrote:
In post 2912, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2902, Kaname Date wrote:i almost had to believe the claim because i figured it would be tested. and i knew after my N3 death Nancy would be looking for FL relaying a specific private conversation between us, so she'd be able to prove i wasn't in a topic with him. though, FL's ability to wiggle out of a bad situation can't be underestimated.

i protected Haya n1 thinking he might be the kill, and FL because i thought he was a likely kill target if town but also didn't trust him at all. between the two it was obvious that FL was the one to flip. i was trying to bait a kill n3.

credit to Fish and Haya for obvtowning so early they stayed entirely out of the PoE. also thanks to Nancy for townclearing me on D&D interactions. my goal this game was to survive long enough to die on my own and flip a scum, which i did do, even if my reads weren't too great.
<3 I had you as townlock for much of the game, now if only someone could tell me how to read FL . . . :P
biggest things i'd ding him on:

the earlygame, where he expressed a scumread on tris...
but then parlayed this into pressure on
me
for not agreeing with it, rather than pursuing the scumread any further

and

the dichotomy he established on d2 with me/kd as the "not towny" players
, attempting to influence the venge pool and expand it past N_M, who'd be an easy ML to get later and an inconsequential villager to leave alive otherwise

and

let's not forget that i had the correct read on his initially relatively noncommittal stance towards N_M on d2, before he buckled down for the hard defense

not to take away anything from FL's play! the tunnel was well-executed in that it had me reluctant to scumread him, and i think he certainly makes it deeper in the game if i don't out tris
Yeah, it majorly pinged me when he suddenly scumread me for unvoting you and put hard pressure on everyone to lock sr you.

But all of the above basically. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:51 am

Post by lilith2013 »