Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Mini Theme 2161: Undertale C Open - Chara's Folly

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Isis »

Uncommon RulesExperienced players are often tempted to skim the rules, so here are the rules most unique to my modding to be most aware of.
  1. You must play to win the game. This is a common rule, but enforcement is uncommon.
  2. "Pretending to break a rule is the same as breaking a rule" is included in Common Rules below, but it is particularly important with this rule. It's allowed to claim you are not fighting to win quite as hard as you did last game, but you cannot claim not to be playing to your win at all, even as a tactic that you believe gets you closer to your win condition.
  3. The above two rules do not constitute a blanket ban on selfvoting or bussing, which often either furthers the wincondition, or in other cases is just a manner of conceding an unwinnable game to the other team.
  4. If you feel totally unable to play to your win condition due to personal conflicts with other players, please request replacement upon realizing this.
  5. This game is using a special rule that relates to hammer testing and quickhammer coordinations. When you make a vote, (this includes special votes, modify as appropriate), you can post,
    in bold
    I and all members of my faction that are known to me and I to them, VOTE: Isis and win the game
    . Do not name any other members of your faction. If you've made a mistake and voting together with all partners would not win you the game, it will be treated simply as a vote. If you haven't made a mistake, then you will perform votes on behalf of your teammates and win the game.
  6. The above rule does not work if you do not have the mechanical information required to know that it would win the game. For example, if you are Masons with a player and one scum remains among five players, you cannot cause your teammate to vote Isis with you. It would only work if you previously investigated Isis as guilty in an open setup. (In practice this rule will usually benefit anti-town groups the most, but it is defined in a neutral way).
  7. Whenever the deadline closes on any town-controlled day decision, unless otherwise specified, the mafia are privately contacted to choose among the town's legal choices instead. **********************
  8. Discuss site/game rule violations with the moderator/listmod, not in the game thread.
  9. VOTE: tags are meaningless this game

Common Rules
  1. All site-wide rules apply. In particular:
    No discussion of ongoing games is allowed
    . Post as though they don't exist, except when mentioning information whitelisted by the site rule: the number of games in which you are alive.
  2. Do not quote your Role PM or any other PMs from the Mod, real or fabricated.
  3. Do not quote private topics. Paraphrase. Do not mention timestamps on posts made in private topics. Remember that true paraphrasing focuses on the message being conveyed and not the linguistic or physical features of the messages - for instance, if Isis used a bulleted list, and that post strikes you as important and makes you think she feels confident she's solved this game, "Isis posted a bulleted list" is a physical feature you shouldn't reference, "Isis has been professory in the private topic" conveys the idea.
  4. You may quote a private topic if it is fully known(everyone alive reading the post is also permitted to view the post in the private topic it came from.)
  5. Do not edit or delete your post, even if you have the ability to do so.
  6. Do not use encrypted text, small text, or otherwise make it hard to see what you are writing.
  7. Do not use cryptography or other complex information hiding. If you hide information in a post, it must be based purely on the English letters in that post, without shifting them to different letters based on any kind of rule, and their significance must be left-to-right.
  8. Do not discuss this game outside this thread or PTs related to this game you have access to.
  9. Do not use provable randomness. Saying you used a random criteria is fine, providing even weak evidence that you did so isn't.
  10. Do not fake mod posts/edits.
  11. Once you are fought or spared, you may not post. No bah posts.
  12. Be civil to other players. Criticize play, not players. As a rule of thumb, negative nouns or profane adjectives that describe a player will start strikes against you; describing actions of a player will not.
  13. No set of rules can be complete. If you think something is wrong, please don't do it. Breaking the spirit of rules is also disallowed. Do not encourage others to break the rules either. If in doubt, please PM me.
  14. Breaching of rules will usually result in a warning initially, but depending on severity, may result in a force-replacement or modkill.
  15. During the course of the game I may add extra rules if necessary. These rule changes will be announced publicly.

Deadlines, Activity, and replacements
  1. Day start. Days will last N+2 days, where N is the number of players alive, but no greater than eleven days. If a setup has town group decisions with an unclear deadline, it will generally follow this formula also.
  2. If this setup is Undertale C Open, the deadline for guessing the mafia to win or lose the game ("pacifist") has two bonus days past this formula.
  3. Nights will last 48 hours. Similar mafia controlled decisions last 48 hours.
  4. Prods will be issued if you do not post for 48 hours.
  5. If you get three or more prods, or fail to respond to a prod by posting in thread within 24 hours (or by PM if at Night), I will begin seeking for a replacement (this means the third prod functions like a notice that you are racing the search for your replacement.)
  6. If you receive a prod and satisfy that prod, you are "on probation" for the next 96 hours after responding to that prod. Meeting criteria for a prod during probation immediately triggers the search for your replacement even if it's your second prod.
  7. The spared PT has specialized activity requirementes.
  8. If you expect to be unable to post for a while, please declare V/LA in thread. Should your V/LA be unreasonably long (>5 days), however, I strongly suggest you request replacement. There's no probation during V/LA
  9. You will still be prodded while on V/LA, but these will not count towards the above three prod limit. An official prod will be sent 24 hours after your V/LA ends if you haven't posted then.
  10. When replacements or prods happen at night, deadlines will be tolled as appropriate to conceal information. If it is possible to conceal information and avoid tolling by forcing the active part of a faction to make decision on behalf of the entire faction, though, the deadline will not be tolled
  11. For replacements, day deadlines are extended by the length of time between the missing player's last post and the first post of the new player. A post that does little more than acknowledge they've replaced into the game isn't counted as that post. Don't exploit this rule.
  12. If you would like to replace out, please PM me. Do not publicly replace out, discuss about wanting to replace out, threaten to replace out, or persuade/dissuade others from replacing out for any reason other than activity. If you think the mods have not noticed an activity issue, you can PM me to take note of it, but I will not credit your -arguments- about whether the activity level is replaceworthy or not (due to bias concerns). You would just be drawing my attention to it.
  13. Once your replacement request is publicized, it is final. You must cease to post. Inquiries about possibly retaining the slot must be conducted by mod PM.

Voting Rules
  1. Use HEAL: or HURT: tags to vote for Spare and Fight respectively. Use HURT: tags to guess the mafia in "pacifist". VOTE: tags are meaningless.
  2. To remove a vote, do not use UNVOTE: . HURT: or HEAL: the moderator, or "nobody" or "no one" if you hate fun.
  3. Abbreviations or misspellings in votes will be accepted as long as it is clear who you are voting for.
  4. A strict majority (more than half) of players is required to spare or fight.
  5. Once majority is achieved, it is final, and the Day will end immediately with further votes and unvotes being invalid.
  6. I will do my best to ensure that each vote count is accurate. Check the vote counts. If I make a grave error I may reset all votes at my discretion.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Isis »

Chara's folly
2 Mafia
1 Mafia Vengeful Chara

9 Town

Each day, players may vote to spare or fight each other. A player who is fought is flipped and killed, a player who is spared is moved to the Spared PT and loses access to the game thread (they can't be targeted by the factional nightkill). Town immediately wins if four town players are spared and no mafia is spared, and mafia immediately wins if two mafia or Chara are spared.
Chara has a bouquet of buttercups. If a townie is fought and there are no spared players, Chara will eat buttercups and die. In the alternative, once two players are spared, Chara will eat buttercups and die. Eating buttercups doesn't trigger Vengeful.
After day four the town gets a "route" bonus based on the number of spared players, and the option to spare vanishes.
  • Four : If town hasn't already won or lost, the town immediately spares another player, then all players in the game thread perish without flipping and the occupants of the Spared PT return to the game thread. Those players vote on one guess of the remaining mafia, and win or lose on its correctness.
  • One to three : The mafia must choose an unspared player to be publicly investigated for each living mafia. Skip night 4. Return spared players to the game thread. If mafia was spared, the mafia immediately wins if two of its players survive the day 5 decision.
  • Zero : The mafia must choose two players to be publicly investigated. If Chara was fought, the mafia must choose everyone. Skip night 4.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Isis »

Replacement Key:
Hectic
Elements -> beeboy
Chara -> Nachomamma8
Prism -> Alisae
PookyTheMagicalBear
catboi
Morning Tweet
Tayl0r Swift
Lavender
redtea -> Sujimichi -> Krazy
Tanner
CantLynchAPuppy

Clarifications:
  • Spared Mafia continue to have access to factional communication.
  • The votecount will maintain one active spare vote and one active fight vote for each player.
  • The mafia do NOT receive pregame role trading opportunities.
  • Spared player become susceptible to factional nightkills again when they return to the game thread.
  • The spared PT will be set to public if if at any point all living players have seen it before.
  • In the four spare route, the town will lose if the additional fifth spared player triggers the "two mafia spared" condition.
Last edited by Isis on Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Nahdia »

we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by Isis »

Confirmations have begun. The game will start when nine players have confirmed. Six players have confirmed.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Isis »

The minimum number of confirmations has been reached
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Isis »

Spare Votecount 1.0
Hectic--------------------------

Elements-----------------------

Chara---------------------------

Prism --------------------------

PookyTheMagicalBear -------

catboi--------------------------

Morning Tweet----------------

Tayl0r Swift -------------------

Lavender ----------------------

redtea --------------------------

Tanner -------------------------

CantLynchAPuppy-------------

Not sparing:
- (12) Hectic, Elements, Chara, Prism, PookyTheMagicalBear, catboi, Morning Tweet, Tayl0r Swift, Lavender, redtea, Tanner, CantLynchAPuppy

Fight Votecount 1.0
Hectic--------------------------

Elements-----------------------

Chara---------------------------

Prism --------------------------

PookyTheMagicalBear -------

catboi--------------------------

Morning Tweet----------------

Tayl0r Swift -------------------

Lavender ----------------------

redtea --------------------------

Tanner -------------------------

CantLynchAPuppy-------------

Not Fighting:
- (12) Hectic, Elements, Chara, Prism, PookyTheMagicalBear, catboi, Morning Tweet, Tayl0r Swift, Lavender, redtea, Tanner, CantLynchAPuppy

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-09-13 23:27:24)
"Well, I..."
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

second HURT: hectic
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Chara »

first.
HEAL: Chara
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by catboi »

ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨„ ø¤º°¨¨°ºL-E-T-S GO!„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤LET'S GO KAWAII !¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤øºL-E-T-S GO!¤¤º°¨ ¨°¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨LET'S GO KAWAII :„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤KEEP THE WAVE GOING •ᴥ•¸„ø¤º

HURT: Prism
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 8, Chara wrote:first.
what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ HEAL: Chara
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Chara »

going great so far.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 11, Chara wrote:going great so far.
are you chara?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Chara »

Chara, yes. but vengeful? no.
i was vengeful Chara the last time Isis ran this series, though.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Isis »

When everyone returned from the costume room, Nahdia snapped their fingers, putting all the lights on out entirely, pitch black. Everyone froze for a moment, startled, but then they heard another snap. When the lights came back on the stage looked like an ancient temple, with carefully chiselled stone pillars reflecting the stagelight and Nahdia standing behind a pillar wearing pitifully tattered robes, pointing their glassy face skywards pleadingly.
"Who shall send us a hero?!?!" they cried. "To save us from.. uh, from.. the spear hurricanes!!" Nahdia rather dramatically pivoted to look at the other monsters on stage, and the spotlight began to pan towards them, offering them the opportunity to add their bit to the story.
"Well, I..."
Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Lavender »

In post 9, catboi wrote:ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨„ ø¤º°¨¨°ºL-E-T-S GO!„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤LET'S GO KAWAII !¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤øºL-E-T-S GO!¤¤º°¨ ¨°¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨LET'S GO KAWAII :„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤KEEP THE WAVE GOING •ᴥ•¸„ø¤º

ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨„ ø¤º°¨¨°ºL-E-T-S GO!„ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤LET'S GO KAWAII !¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤øºL-E-T-S GO!¤¤º°¨ ¨°¤øº¤ø„¸¸ø¤º°¨LET'S GO KAWAII :„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤KEEP THE WAVE GOING •ᴥ•¸„ø¤º

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Chara »

i haven't decided yet what route i'd like to go for. the no mercy run is rather tantalizing. i want to see blood.
but neutral is alright too. i'm sure one is "optimal", but i'm not as interested in that.
Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Lavender »

In post 7, Tayl0r Swift wrote:second HURT: hectic
In post 8, Chara wrote:first.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

pls spare me

i am v innocent

ty

HEAL: Pooky
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Chara »

i reset. it's fine.
Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Lavender »

Ah that post was a mistake Σ(゚д゚lll)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:22 pm

PAGE TOP
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:22 pm

oops i missed
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Lavender »

PAGE TOP
Lavender