Mini Theme 2176: Jake's Grand Idea (Post Game)

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Mini Theme 2176: Jake's Grand Idea (Post Game)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Spoiler: Flavor Text
You've heard the tales of a madman, and supposed prince of the 7th circle, who once held a game of souls, stealing them for his own pleasure. Now, you're back to take the souls which were lost those many years ago..
Gamma Emerald knocks on the entrance to the abandoned house. Nothing, for a few moments, then the doors swing open, a dark tentacle grabs Gamma and swiftly reels them into the darkness. The remaining 13 rush in to find an antique gramophone, which suddenly comes to life.
"Welcome, everyone! I am currently away, so I required one of you brave adventurers to fill in as my Earthly body. Don't worry, you'll see me soon enough. Long ago, 13 souls played a game of mafia, of which only one survived. It was such a tragic loss for the group. I presume you are here to rescue them, yes? Well,just like those 13, I shall be entertained with a game of mafia, played by none other than you! Each of you know what to do, but nothing shall advance until everything is set up. When I arrive, the games will officially begin!"
The gramophone abruptly cuts out. As the explorers look around, they realize there is no way out. Some of the people begin to have sinister thoughts, deadly thoughts, that maybe sending a few souls to Jake will appease him.
We shall see how this plays out...

Hosted by Jake The Wolfie, with backup moderator Gamma Emerald.

Spoiler: Playerlist
  1. TemporalLich
  2. Sirius9121
    MathBlade
  3. Assemblerotws
    Nono
  4. Titus
    Albert B. Rampage
  5. samantha97
  6. Lucky2u
    DrippingGoofball
  7. PenguinPower
  8. ManWithNoName
  9. A Simple Plan
    Galron
  10. DoubtingThomas
  11. PlusJOYED
  12. Starbuck
  13. Tayl0r Swift
    Ircher

Spoiler: Alive
  1. A Simple Plan
    Galron -
    Serial
    Surgeon

2. PlusJOYED -
    Neutral Extremophile Survivor

Spoiler: Dead
  1. Lucky2u
    DrippingGoofball -
    Assassin

2. PenguinPower -
    Alien Arbitrator

3. samantha97 -
    Alien 2-shot Roleblocker

4. Titus
    Albert B. Rampage -
    Town Sweetheart

5. DoubtingThomas -
    Town 1-shot vigilante

6. Tayl0r Swift
    Ircher -
    Alien combiner

7. Assemblerotws
    Nono -
    Mafia Dark Demon

8. TemporalLich -
    Town Dirty Inquisitor

9. Sirius9121
    MathBlade -
    Town Bulletproof Weak Doctor

10. Starbuck -
    Confused Townie

11. ManWithNoName -
    Mafia Froot Vendor

Links
Last edited by Jake The Wolfie on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:38 am, edited 17 times in total.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Rules

Adapted from Plotinus' ruleset.

important bit
  • *All Days are 7 days long. Day 1 is 10 days long.
  • All nights are 2 days long
  • Majority executions.
  • 36 hours (1.5 days) before a prod, 1 day before replacement, weekends are 1 day collectively.
  • Dead players may not post, unless I personally allow it, after reviewing the post the player wishes to make.
  • Don’t be a dick

1. Follow all site rules.

2. Mod colour
    – My mod color is
    orange
    . Do not try to intentionally impersonate me.
  3. Behaviour
    - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself executed if you try it.
  4. Don't talk about ongoing games
    - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread, or any private topics created for this game.
  5. Animated GIFs
    - Keep them inside of
    Spoiler:
    tags.
  6. Text size
    - Anything smaller than small (75) text should not be used. Anything bigger than unaltered text should be used conservatively.
  7. Provable randomness
    - is against the rules, if it decides an action you take. You should not post images/results of random number generator engines, or some other proof of randomness with the purpose of proving that your action was random.
  8. Claiming scum
    - You should only claim yourself to be scum. Claiming yourself as well as other players as being scum on the same team is against the rules.
  9. Cryptography
    - Cryptography is against the rules, however Breadcrumbing is okay.
  10. Confirmation
    You have 3 days to confirm your role and your alignment via PM. The game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  11. Days
    - Day 1 lasts 10 days and other days last 7 days. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements, or if the majority of players make it clear to me that an extension is desired.
  12. Activity
    - You must post at least once every 36 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 1 day to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. Weekends count as 1 collective day, and thus the timer will be half as fast. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
  13. Vacation/Limited Access
    - If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare
    V/LA
    in bold in the thread like this: [
    b]
    @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
    [
    /b]. While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 54 hours (2.25 days). Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content (up to moderator digression) in 5 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced.
  14. Prodging
    - An attempt to reset the prod timer by posting nothing of substance will be rendered ineffective if you have already been prodded. Re-affirming previous stances, such as re-confirming your thoughts of someone being scum, would be an acceptable post to reset the timer.
  15. Quoting
    - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication. Fabricating private information is equally as bad.
  16. Voting
    - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Plotinus or
    Vote: Plotinus
    . Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are not required to move your vote between players. I request that the player's full name be used, however I will allow any trailing numbers to not be included. Type [
    v]Plotinus[
    /v] to vote and [
    uv]Plotinus[
    /uv] to unvote. Any votes for no execution cannot use the word "lynch", but it's not restricted to just "execution"
  17. Execution
    - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to execute somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no execution, the day will end without an execution. At evens, 50% is sufficient for no execution.
  18. Twilight
    - Twilight begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  19. Night
    - Night lasts 2 days. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
  20. Action submissions
    - You may submit actions via PM (if town), PT (if scum), or via notes PT (if requested). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
  21. Replacements
    - If a player is replaced, the deadline for the current phase may be extended by 1 day if the replaced player PMs me requesting for it. If the phase is in the last 24 hours or it is night, this will happen automatically.
  22. Reminders
    - If I don't hear from you about your night actions, I'll PM you 24 hours before the deadline. This doesn't count as a prod. If I still don't hear from you, you will take no action.
  23. Notes PT
    - Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. This thread will be made public immediately after the game. You may draft posts in your notes PT but you may not talk about your notes PT in public. You definitely may not use the notes PT to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
  24. Play to win
    - this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!