they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2566, Menalque wrote:HOW MANY ALTS DO YOU HAVE ANAHIT

I ONLY JUST FOUND OUT YOU’RE ALSO TRQ
How is she ever going to get banned? The mods wouldn't be able to list all her alts!

I hope hopkirk is taking notes for his MD post called "how to meme without getting banned"
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

what tarkovsky stuff should i watch first? I was thinking of doing the mirror soon. Haven't got around to Stalker/Solaris/Andrei Rublev yet (amazing film to meme about btw) but they're all on the list
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

hey, nobody in this game got modkilled despite five of us quoting our role pms then quickly editing them out of our posts. i like to think my guide helped
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2575, Alisae wrote:btw mena the trash talk was fun
Yea one of the things I like about scum is you can go off without feeling guilty like I would for saying the same things to a townie
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2578, Hopkirk wrote:what tarkovsky stuff should i watch first? I was thinking of doing the mirror soon. Haven't got around to Stalker/Solaris/Andrei Rublev yet (amazing film to meme about btw) but they're all on the list
I saw Solaris first and thought that was a good intro but I would defer to shiki here
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Hopkirk wrote:hey, nobody in this game got modkilled despite five of us quoting our role pms then quickly editing them out of our posts. i like to think my guide helped
Funny thing is, people are gonna think you're just memeing so you can tell everyone what you did and you still won't get caught ;)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Menalque »

Are you three all friends irl or is it just hop and hectic?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 2582, Infinity 324 wrote:
Hopkirk wrote:hey, nobody in this game got modkilled despite five of us quoting our role pms then quickly editing them out of our posts. i like to think my guide helped
it's the perfect crime! Just like killing Lucy Palmer at 5.07pm on the 13th November and making it look like an accidental decapitation.

Funny thing is, people are gonna think you're just memeing so you can tell everyone what you did and you still won't get caught ;)
In post 2583, Menalque wrote:Are you three all friends irl or is it just hop and hectic?
which three?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 2582, Infinity 324 wrote:
it's the perfect crime! Just like killing Lucy Palmer at 5.07pm on the 13th November and making it look like an accidental decapitation.

i know all about perfect crimes and yet i still get quotes messed up sometimes :(
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2568, anahit wrote:
In post 2562, Menalque wrote:trying to find love and connection with each other!
this isn't even what joel is doing like the movie leads him to water and he still doesn't drink it

it's only the version of clementine inside of his head that says she wishes for him to stay not clementine herself

...is it tho? I think the film leaves it slightly ambiguous as to if what’s going on in that respect

Like I think a strong point of spotless mind is that it really doesn’t want to give concrete answers about what exactly is going on and whether this is all science or if there’s a magical/religious side to what’s happening
In post 2571, Ydrasse wrote:i'm glad to all who enjoyed it and that it helped people, truly =)

and yes i agree that it is very touching in theory, and that people are flawed and yet deserve love... but i can still also think in this case joel sucks and needs a lot of self improvement before i think he can have a meaningful relationship with her that won't end the same way! i don't want him to stagnate but neither do i think he's uh, great
I just don’t think Joel sucks that bad or is like a lot worse than clem, I think they’re just flawed in different ways

I also have an optimistic reading of the ending compared to a lot of people I think, so maybe that also bleeds into how I see it? But like I kind of think the film is them doing that work that’s needed to be able to have a healthy relationship — not necessarily a successful one, but at least one without the problems they had
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2584, Hopkirk wrote:which three?
You/shiki/hectic
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Put movie spoilers in spoiler tags please
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Menalque »

I mean on the one hand yes and sorry but on the other hand you have had 17 years to watch it and nothing really spoiler-y has been said so far
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 2587, Menalque wrote:
You/shiki/hectic
I'm not sure i've we've even played together before, don't know her outside of mafiascum.
Me/Hectic do have a fair few irl friends who've used the site. I think it's about eight of us now? One notable mention included someone who I played two games with about three years before we met outside of mafiascum and they thought the name 'Hopkirk' sounded familiar. I then found the games we were in.

I'm going to sleep now before hectic starts making jokes comparing our sleeping patterns. Someone convince Hectic to watch Mullholland DR. while i'm gone
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Menalque wrote:I mean on the one hand yes and sorry but on the other hand you have had 17 years to watch it and nothing really spoiler-y has been said so far
What if I wanna watch it now? But yeah I wasn't sure wrt if things being said were spoiler-y so that's fine
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: ani db it she

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 2578, Hopkirk wrote:what tarkovsky stuff should i watch first? I was thinking of doing the mirror soon. Haven't got around to Stalker/Solaris/Andrei Rublev yet (amazing film to meme about btw) but they're all on the list
are you looking for the post office box answer i've been working on since hectic asked me about films that is far from useful but can be used to build something for one film at a time fairly well or the which order would you watch these four films?

if the latter, my answer would be chronologically, though i'm not sure why you've selected those four specifically, as sacrifice is in a lot of ways the best and is working on a lot of the questions asked by solaris/mirror from another angle
In post 2590, Hopkirk wrote:I'm not sure i've we've even played together before, don't know her outside of mafiascum.
there is a non-zero chance that last silent star did not actually occur, this is true
is there salvation for you when a game is finished?
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 2590, Hopkirk wrote:Someone convince Hectic to watch Mullholland DR. while i'm gone
i like when lynch makes direct reference to maya deren (opening scene of mullholland drive, stairs in inland empire) because it reminds everyone to watch maya deren films so i am very thankful for this
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2590, Hopkirk wrote:
You/shiki/hectic
I'm not sure i've we've even played together before, don't know her outside of mafiascum.
Me/Hectic do have a fair few irl friends who've used the site. I think it's about eight of us now? One notable mention included someone who I played two games with about three years before we met outside of mafiascum and they thought the name 'Hopkirk' sounded familiar. I then found the games we were in.

I'm going to sleep now before hectic starts making jokes comparing our sleeping patterns. Someone convince Hectic to watch Mullholland DR. while i'm gone
Ahh right, gotcha gotcha
In post 2591, Infinity 324 wrote:
Menalque wrote:I mean on the one hand yes and sorry but on the other hand you have had 17 years to watch it and nothing really spoiler-y has been said so far
What if I wanna watch it now? But yeah I wasn't sure wrt if things being said were spoiler-y so that's fine
Well I’m just generally more careful about spoilers for recent films and I feel like after X amount of time has passed if you’re discussing a film publicly then you don’t need to worry too much about spoilers if it’s, say, over 10 years old
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by anahit »

i should post meshes of the afternoon because it is the maya deren film that david lynch is most frequently referencing and it is her most well known but instead i will post very eye of night because it is my favourite even though i have already posted it elsewhere on site on some account in some thread forgotten by time

anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 2594, Menalque wrote:Well I’m just generally more careful about spoilers for recent films and I feel like after X amount of time has passed if you’re discussing a film publicly then you don’t need to worry too much about spoilers if it’s, say, over 10 years old
there are so many films throughout time to point people towards though and it becomes very difficult to share if they aren't able to have an uninformed perspective

like sure eternal sunshine is an older film and hasn't been collectively forgotten so it is more likely that one might encounter it in the wild, but i should still be better about this as i have been very not good about spoilers at times and some things that have been forgotten need more of us to remember
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

stalker unfortunately was a movie that i could not focus on in full and i feel to some degree it was wasted on me, but i'm not inclined to revisit it; the setting/inspirations/etc etc give birth to other things that i enjoy/influence them but like... it was an experience i'm unsure i'll ever replicate to try and glean more from it

also eternal sunshine i think i am also a bit harsher on because i Project or something, oh well! i do think it has a very sweet optimistic ending but eh!!! also sorry if i've spoiled anything. :<
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2590, Hopkirk wrote:
You/shiki/hectic

already done and done, dw dw
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 2597, Ydrasse wrote:stalker unfortunately was a movie that i could not focus on in full and i feel to some degree it was wasted on me, but i'm not inclined to revisit it; the setting/inspirations/etc etc give birth to other things that i enjoy/influence them but like... it was an experience i'm unsure i'll ever replicate to try and glean more from it
stalker is on the weaker side of tarkovsky films to me if not the weakest as it does not stand on its own very well and time has not been particularly kind to it; watching it once is probably the correct number, even if you feel as though you did not get the most out of that viewing, too many other things exist
In post 2597, Ydrasse wrote:also eternal sunshine i think i am also a bit harsher on because i Project or something, oh well! i do think it has a very sweet optimistic ending but eh!!! also sorry if i've spoiled anything. :<
i probably do this as well due to the circumstances of my first encounter with it which is why i rewatched it like i said but i really don't think we are being unfair

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”