Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Mini Theme 2198: Animals Upick 2 [Game Over]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Krazy »

~~~Krazy's Animals Upick 2~~~

• Thirteen players square off in a game with flavor picks from any creature within the animal kingdom!
  • Confirmed single ball 10:3 town:scum
  • 10 day day 1, 8 day dayphases after that, 2 day nights
  • All hydras must sign consistently or make it clear which head is posting and have a single handle associated with their hydra name. While stealth hydras are OK, the handle of which head is posting should still be consistent.
  • Xtoxm and Jingle will be co-moddding and assisting with design.
  • This will be role madness with no vanilla town or mafia goon roles.
  • Alignment will be fully randomized.
  • This is not a bastard game. There will be no mid-game alignment changes. There will be no beloved princess or governor. There will be no mafia traitor. There may be some "theme swing" mechanics including additional scum killing power under certain conditions.
  • The scum faction will have daytalk, discord servers if desired, and factional multitasking.

PLAYERLIST
  1. Superb Subtlety (alisae + jjh)

2. PenguinPower

3. April Ludgate**

4. mastina

5. WhemeStar

6. Raya36

7. TheFuzzylogic99

8. Battle Mage

9. Mad Hatters Tea Party

10. Korina

11. Smoke and Mirrors (Nancy Drew 39 + Pooky)

12. Noraabear*

13. Rathe
[/list]

TheFuzzylogic99 was flipped D1:
Spoiler:
Day 2 Afternoon SniperWelcome to Krazy's Animal upick 2!

You are a border collie, a
Mafia Day 2 Afternoon Sniper

ACTIVE -- Day 2 Afternoon Sniper -- On Day 2, in the AFTERNOON phase (after the first 72 hours), you may target a player with a killing action. If that player dies, they will show as being killed with
blown away by a high caliber rifle

ACTIVE: Factional kill -- Your mafia faction has a kill at night. If you perform this kill, the flavor will be
loved to death

NAR Priority Ranking: Lower # = resolves earlier, i.e. 1 = resolves first, 13 = resolves last. This is ONLY to resolve NAR conflicts (i.e. Sticky Fruit Vendor vs. Rolestopper), otherwise NAR resolves according to conventional NAR standards.
Your NAR Priority Ranking is: 5

Win:
You win when when your faction has reached equal or greater numbers as the town, regardless of if the town still has killing power available.

Game thread here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=86003

Mafia PT here:

Confirm:
Please confirm by responding with your alignment, role name, and favorite animal gif!

Smoke and Mirrors flipped D2:
Spoiler:
Koalawang HostWelcome to Krazy's Animal upick 2!

You are a koala, a
Mafia Koalawang Host

ACTIVE -- Koalawang Host. During each morning (the first 72 hours of the dayphase), you may declare in thread,
LET'S PLAY KOALAWANG!
. This is not a strongman ability. The mod will then announce that a round of Koalawang has begun, and that users may participate in koalawang by submitting gifs of koalas in the main thread. You will then have three actions:
-Declare,
That's Koalawang!
Once this is declared in thread while quoting a gif, the contest will cease. The mod will declare that gif is the winner of Koalawang. Nothing else will happen.
-Ask,
Are you even trying?
The first time this is declared in thread, while quoting the gif in question, you will target the player with a day-voyeur action, which will reveal the types of all day-actions that target the player until the end of the dayphase. This is a targeted action and will fail on ascetic/commuter/if you are roleblocked, etc.
-Declare,
That's no Koalawang!
The first time this is declared in thread, while quoting the gif in question, you will get a temporary PT with the player in question, lasting until the end of the dayphase. This PT will be called "Koalawang #" with the # indicating the dayphase. This is a targeted action and will fail on ascetic/commuter/if you are roleblocked, etc. Declaring no koalawang after the first instance will have no additional effect.

ACTIVE: Factional kill -- Your mafia faction has a kill at night. If you perform this kill, the flavor will be
gently nibbled to death

NAR Priority Ranking: Lower # = resolves earlier, i.e. 1 = resolves first, 13 = resolves last. This is ONLY to resolve NAR conflicts (i.e. Sticky Fruit Vendor vs. Rolestopper), otherwise NAR resolves according to conventional NAR standards.
Your NAR Priority Ranking is: 3

Win:
You win when when your faction has reached equal or greater numbers as the town, regardless of if the town still has killing power available.

Mafia PT here:

Confirm:
Please confirm by responding with your alignment, role name, and favorite animal gif!

mastina died N2:
Spoiler:
Announcing 1-Shot Bulletproof Day and Night BodyguardWelcome to Krazy's Animal upick 2!

You are a Phoenix, a
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof Day and Night Bodyguard

REACTIVE -- Announcing 1-Shot Bulletproof -- You will be reborn the first time you are targeted with a killing action. When you are reborn, the mod will announce in thread:
A PLUME OF FLAMES APPEARS ON THE HORIZON
The mod will also link the following song:

*This will occur if you are targeted by a killing action, day or night, regardless of whether it targets you directly or targets your bodyguard target. Although you have "announcing" in your role name, you will not announce to targets that you target with your bodyguard action that you are bodyguarding them.

Your NAR Priority Ranking is: 7

ACTIVE: Day and Night Bodyguard: You may target a player at night. If that player is targeted with a killing action, you will receive the killing action instead. This protection will persist through the entire following dayphase, and cannot be changed during daybreak.

Win:
You win when the mafia has died.

Confirm:

Mod links: Mathblade's Topic -- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=75213

reminder note: replacement list coding should look like -- NicoRobin:jjh927,Taly:Creature
Deadlist should look like: Titus-2,CheekyTeeky-3,Furret und Woopers-5,Shiro-6,Pink Ball-7,Auro-8
Spoiler: VoteCount Settings
priorVCNumber=0
url=viewtopic.php?f=23&t=86003
playerList=Superb Subtlety{Alisae+jjh},PenguinPower{PP},mastina,April Ludgate{Boon+Flavor Leaf},Whemestar,Raya36,TheFuzzylogic99{TFL},Battle Mage,Mad Hatters Tea Party,Korina,Smoke and Mirrors{Nancy+Pooky},Noraabear,Rathe
replacementList=
moderatorNames=Krazy,Jingle,Xtoxm
dayStartNumbers=0
cleanDay=true
deadline=(expired on 2021-03-07 15:12:30)
deadList=
flavor=Morning begins and noon will hit in (expired on 2021-02-28 15:12:30) Image
voteOverrides=
color=purple
Last edited by Xtoxm on Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 18 times in total.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Krazy »

Scum Stuff

Scum day talk?
Scum have factional daychat and can have a discord server on request
Scum safe claims/safe flavor claims? There are mod-provided sample fakeclaims for at least some of the scum but whether they are "safeclaims" is open to debate. I encourage scum to hand-craft their own fakeclaims using the mod-provided fakeclaims as a starting point. The mod-provided fake-claims should prevent the game from being broken by a day-1 massclaim, beyond that I do not make strong promises on the utility of the mod-provided fakeclaims.
Multitasking? The mafia team is factionally multitasking; they can perform a night action and a kill in the same night.
Multiball? No.

Setup Stuff

Does flavor have an effect? Maybe?
Unique Mechanic? Not sure about Unique, but there's probably going to be some mechanical roles I haven't used in previous games I've modded
Bastard level? This game will have significant swing, roles that you are unlikely to anticipate, and probably some number of red herrings. I do not believe there are any direct moderator lies, mid-game alignment changes, and I will exclude *the specific versions* of some roles listed below.

Post restrictions:
I do not design post restrictions to encourage or reward spamming and spamming is not allowed in this thread. There CAN be post-restrictions, but these will not *significantly* alter an player's ability to post during the dayphase.

Daybreak, Morning, Noon, Afternoon:
Daybreak is the mod posting the start of day information. Morning is the first 72 hours of the game. Noon is the 72 hour mark. Afternoon is the remainder of the dayphase.

Excluded Roles:
There will be no governor or beloved princess. There will be no mechanics whereby the FLIP of the day can suddenly change, no skipping of night phases, and no skipping of dayphases. There will also be no cults and no mid-game alignment changes. Your wincon will not change. There will be no third parties.

Day actions:
Day actions including daykills would not cause the dayphase to end.

Maximum players leaving the game in a single day/night cycle: 5?

Approximate level of swing: could swing hard but think it's not too bad maybe?

Passive abilities note: Most passive abilities are not subject to roleblocks unless otherwise stated.

Flavor:

At daybreak, I may include flavor text (depending on my availability and schedule). Everyone has flavor. This is a theme game. You are not explicitly prohibited from speculating about flavor text, although, to be clear, a lot of the narrative-style information in my flavor reveals will not be based on night action content. Alignment is randomized and not based on flavor.

Flips:

Flips may include kill flavor. While this may suggest the role behind the kill, some killing roles may be able to obscure or change their flavor.

Flips will include the role PM with any "Informed" status content redacted.

The janitor role is not prohibited from this game, likewise certain roles may or may not have janitor-like effects for sections of rolecards.

Hydras and Discord:

I will set up hydra PTs on discord at request.

VCs:

I have used Mathblade's vote counter before and liked it a lot, but using name variations that are not misspellings may cause me delays in updating the vote count. I may for any reason stop using the Mathblade vote counter and switch to conventional vote counting by hand.

I will use the offline version of Mathblade's Vote Counter.
Last edited by Krazy on Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Krazy »

The Boilerplate Rules

important bit
  • Day one will be 10 days, 8 day dayphases after that
  • 48 hour night phase
  • Majority FLIPS
  • 48 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement after prod. Slots that do not confirm role pms in 24 hours may be replaced.
  • Hydras must sign consistently; they can change their handle if desired but should approximately stick to the Hydra Key
  • Jingle and Xtoxm are co-mods

General

1. This game uses sitewide rules: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6470
1a. Do not private message other users about anything having to do with this game in any circumstance even/especially if you are dead/have replaced out/are spectating/etc. If you even think it might be a grey area, it is not a grey area, it is not ok. This includes informal conversations on discord. Do not refer indirectly to game events in this game until the game is complete, including in signatures, signup threads, or anywhere else. Do not refer to statements made in this game in this game in other games.
2. No reference, whatsoever, should be made about other ongoing games. Ever. Not directly, not indirectly, not at all. -- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30908

Respect

1. Be nicer to other people than they are to you. Attack the play not the player.
1a.
Replace outs will only be accepted by Private Message, not in game. If you are replacing out, do not discuss this in thread until it is confirmed with the moderator. Players cannot cancel replacement requests, even if a replacement has not been found. PMing the moderator that you wish or need to replace out will be taken as final. Once you have made that PM, please do not continue to post in the game thread.
Assume good faith for replace-outs. If you replace out, please do not comment directly or indirectly about the game in other sections of the site including the queue and/or your signature. This falls into the broad umbrella of "outside influence."
1b. Please do not ask other players to replace out, discourage them from playing the game, or otherwise create a hostile gaming environment. This is now also a sitewide rule.
Play to win.

2a.
You must read your role pm, and confirm that you understand your role.

2b.
Do not state, whether honest or false, that you have not read your role pm
in-thread. If I somehow forget to send you a role pm or send you multiple role pms, please contact me
by pm
2c. You can claim scum, and you can claim scum with someone else provided that the moderator can reasonably suspect non-malicious motives behind such.
2d. Scum can night kill their teammates, but I must see evidence that such a move is not game-throwing.
2e. Do not say or imply that you have not been reading the thread. If you need time to catch up, you can say this.
Avoid using the plain spoiler (blackout tag). Use spoiler= instead!
This is wrong.

Videos and animated Gifs can be posted in the main thread, but please try to keep it within reason. Do not try to break the site or make the thread unreadable to mobile users.

5. Cryptography and other forms of codes are generally not allowed. Breadcrumbs are generally okay.
Constant off-topic posting will not be tolerated.

Provable randomness is strongly discouraged.
In particular, do not use the dice tag.
8. Hydras -- Hydras must sign posts according to their requested handle, decided day 1 or pre-game. You are welcome to post an ego post on your main. Hydra slips will not result in warnings, although you should not treat your main as your head of the hydra. Personally, I think there is no need to quote hydra slips on the hydra account, although I won't stop you from doing this either.
9. Please try to make the game at least relatively mobile friendly. On that note, please try not to quote large chunks of embedded quote chains for short replies--if you are really just referring to the last thing someone said, just say @playername and then reply rather than quoting a large quote chain for another short reply.

Honor

1. Do not attempt to impersonate the moderator.
Purple is my color, but you may use it as long as you are not attempting to impersonate me with it.
Note I don't actually edit in replies all that often. I also often just write replies using normal text.
2. Do not edit or delete your post if for some reason you have the ability to do so. This includes on any related discord server.
Do not attempt to get the moderator to influence the game.
This rule does not refer to day abilities, if any exist, that are stated in your role PM. Please refrain from asking too many questions of the moderator about roleclaims unless absolutely necessary.
4a. PM me regarding VC related questions; V/LA can be declared in thread.
4b.
Do not discuss any disciplinary actions that the moderator takes in-thread.

4c. If there is a declared day action, you can ask the moderator to confirm that day actions have resolved, rather than waiting only for the next Vote Count. If the day action was fake, or if the day action was real but failed, either way the stated moderator response will be: "All pending day actions have resolved."
Trust tells are prohibited.

5a.
Do not replace out in such a manner as to confirm your alignment.

Do not quote or copy-paste moderator communications and other forms of private communications (exception to this -- scum can post their role pms in the scum pt). -- While you can copy/paste communication from hydra discord servers, you should make sure that the text is converted to plain text, and especially that all embedded hyperlinks to player names are removed. Please do not enable timestamps either.

6a. Post links to anything except the main thread, timestamps, and read statuses should never be referenced in the game thread.
Access list numbers in private topics are also covered by this rule.

6b. You may directly copy-paste
unflavored night action results
(usually in bold) as well as your alignment, flip role, and effective role from your role pm, but
do not directly quote them
6c. Confirmed same-alignment players can quote their role PMs in their private topics (i.e. masons).
6d. Do not quote your hydra PT in the game thread or include embedded links to your hydra PT in the game thread. You can copy and paste text from your hydra PT so long as it is plain text and does not include links to any posts in the hydra PT.
7. No Bah! posts.

Miscellaneous

1. Follow the spirit of the rules.
1a.
Do not attempt to find loopholes in the ruleset.

1b. While the moderator will generally assume good-faith, action can be taken against inadvertent rule breaks if deemed necessary.
All PTs will be released within 24 hours of the game's conclusion.
Players in any thread except the Dead PT may request redactions at any time
before
I release the PT. The dead thread is released immediately on the conclusion of the game.
3. The moderator reserves the right to update this ruleset as necessary.
New items will be underlined
, and
deleted items will be striked through.
(Note: The markup on this line is an example.)

Setup-Specific Rules

Activity and Deadline Rules

1. Day one lasts 10 days, other day phases will last 8 days. Nights last 24 hours.
Nights may be extended if a replacement is needed.
There will be a minimum of 24 hours between the time a replacement is found and when night actions are due.
3. You will be prodded after
48 hours
of inactivity; this does not change on weekends. All prods should be responded to
in-thread unless the thread is locked in which case pm is acceptable.

4. 2 prod dodges are equivalent to a single prod. If you are prodded again from prod-dodging, you may not prod dodge. Prodges must still include some game content: "Krazy is still scum", "Krazy is still town," and "I like this wagon" are good enough for a prodge. While a subjective rule, prod dodges are objectively defined as posts that consist of little or no content related to the game with the sole purpose of avoiding prodding. Minimum content is not defined here as to mitigate abuse, but do realize that this rule is applied as objectively as possible.
V/LAs should generally be announced in-thread, not by pm.
You should also set V/LA in the User CP to make sure I do not forget.
6. If you have
regular weekend V/LA
, it is
your responsibility
to either inform me at the end of
each week
or to remember to set V/LA status.
V/LA players must post at least once every 96 hours.
Excessively long V/LAs (
14 days or longer
) may have stricter requirements imposed on them.
8. I reserve the right to warn and replace players whom I believe are exploiting loopholes in the activity rules. Please note that players are expected to do more than the bare minimum as outlined by these prodding rules. I reserve the right to warn and/or replace players whom I believe are exploiting loopholes in the activity rules, or are otherwise not treating the game as the commitment they signed up for.

Voting, FLIPPING, and Twilight Rules
  1. To vote, use
    Vote: Player
    or VOTE: Player.
  2. To unvote, use
    Unvote: Player
    or UNVOTE: Player.
  3. You do not have to unvote to change votes.
    Furthermore, I will only track the last *valid* vote in your post.
    Vote Conspiracy
    will not change your existing vote.
  4. Player abbreviations are allowed, although it must be *obvious* who your abbreviation refers to -- to the vote counter, preferably. If your vote is not being caught by the vote counter scrubber, I may edit your post.
  5. Hammer occurs when votes equal to half of all living players (rounded down) plus one cast a vote against the same player (or No Flip). All votes after a hammer will not be counted, and the hammered player is the one who will flip. The time following a hammer is Twilight, and all players may continue talking.
  6. No FLIP will occur if deadline is reached without a hammer.
Last edited by Krazy on Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Krazy »

Hydra Key

Superb Subtlety (alisae + jjh)

Smoke and Mirrors (Nancy Drew 39 + Pooky)
In post 12, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:You could also have it as Pooky: Smoke and me: Mirrors. We sign as either those or our mains.
Mod confirmation: Mad Hatters Tea Party and Noraabear are not Hydras

Comods can Ego after this post
Last edited by Krazy on Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
vote conspiracy
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Krazy »

Still waiting one one pick, design and review will take at least 1-2 days after that probably is my guess
vote conspiracy
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Jingle »

This is a Parachute.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Krazy »

Rolecards are out, game will begin with 11/13 confirmations
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:22 am

Post by Krazy »

The sun rises over the animal kingdom. And the Queen is Dead.

QueenWelcome to Krazy's Animal Upick 2. You are a...

Spoiler:

Jingle's Alternate Flavor:
Spoiler:

Xtoxm's Alternate Flavor:
Spoiler:

You are an Orca, a
Self-Aligned Queen

REACTIVE: You die and exit the game when the game begins. You cannot be targeted by any means whatsoever.

Your NAR Priority Ranking is: 0

Win:
You are not a player in this game and cannot win.

Game thread here: viewtopic.php?f=23&p=12621995

Confirm:

The reign of the Queen, the Orca of the depths, has ended... suddenly.

There's only one thing this can mean. A new force has entered the animal kingdom, a new power changing the shape of things in what will already be a frantic struggle for leadership and dominance. Some new force wants to take control... by any means necessary. Will it be survival of the fittest?

Or will it be... survival of the cutest?

There's no way to tell since this is...

A
N
I
M
A
L
S
U
P
I
C
K

Day 1 Begins and will end in (expired on 2021-03-07 15:12:30)

Morning begins and noon will hit in (expired on 2021-02-28 15:12:30)
Last edited by Krazy on Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
vote conspiracy
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:31 am

Post by Korina »

VOTE: Korina

First
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Korina »

@mod v/la weekends as well
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:35 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

ego
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 3, Krazy wrote:Hydra Key

I believe all hydras are signing as themselves:
Superb Subtlety (alisae + jjh)
Smoke and Mirrors (Nancy Drew 39 + Pooky)

Mod confirmation: Mad Hatters Tea Party and Noraabear are not Hydras

Comods can Ego after this post
You could also have it as Pooky: Smoke and me: Mirrors. We sign as either those or our mains.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:37 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Hey, all.

I’m your Inexperience-Challenged (IC) player in this game. As the IC, I have to adhere to specific guidelines as listed in Being a Good IC. In short, my job is to answer any questions you might have about game mechanics and theory; and, in doing so I will never intentionally misguide you.

However, it is important to note that I am also a player in this game, and I do have to play to achieve my win condition (wincon). I have just as much likelihood of being mafia as anybody else here.

Some links you might want to read up on first:
Glossary
Commonly Used Abbreviations
Newbie Guide
A Beginner’s Guide to Being Awesome At Mafia

There are a few key concepts to discuss before we get started to help you better understand the site meta:

Site Meta

Meta is the description of how people on Mafiascum like to play mafia. Things can be different on other online mafia sites, or if you play IRL, so it's good to know what's expected of you on this site. These aren't "rules", per se, but if you don't follow these guidelines it is likely things will go poorly for you on MS. Some examples are...

Random Voting Stage (RVS)

Games on MafiaScum almost always begin with what we call the Random Voting Stage (RVS). At this point in the game, we are in a low information game state (except the mafia, which know everyone’s alignment). As a way to provoke reaction, start a discussion, and try to determine alignment, people will usually vote for non-serious reasons. As the discussion progresses, we will eventually get the game moving and progress out of RVS.

Voting, E-x, and Hammers

E-x is a way to convey how far away a player is away from elimination. For example, you should always announce that you are putting someone at E-1 (1 vote away from an elimination) so that someone doesn’t come along and accidentally vote for that player's elimination. This also prevents Mafia-aligned players from coming along and placing the final vote to eliminate (“hammer”) and claiming ignorance about doing so. You may also see E-2 and E-3 (2 votes away from elimination and 3 votes away from elimination, respectively).

Before you hammer a player, state your intent to hammer (usually done in bold) and ask the player to claim their role. This is done to prevent power roles from being eliminated, and can sometimes get Mafia-aligned players to be caught (via counter claiming). It's best to then allow other players to react and discuss the claim before hammering.

Claiming Your Role

It is almost always best to not claim your role unless you are at E-1 and have been asked to claim as part of an “intent to hammer.” This is because, as a town power role (“PR”), if you out prematurely, you are likely to be night-killed (“NK’d”). As a Vanilla Townie (“VT”), claiming early helps the mafia team narrow down the setup and possible PR candidates. An exception to this would be if a mafia player claimed your role, claiming early to counter the false claim (“CC”) would out the mafia player, and would be a benefit to the town.

Do not fake claim a power role as town!
While it may help you avoid getting eliminated, you might cause a real PR to out themselves by counterclaiming - then the mafia will know who the PR is, and you will probably get eliminated for lying to town. Feel free to fake a claim as scum, though, if you think it would help.

ELo

ELo is the shortened representation of “Eliminate or Lose.” ELo in the Newbie Queue is when there are 3 remaining players, 2 of which are town and 1 is mafia; or when there are 5 remaining players, 3 of which are town and 2 are mafia. It is important in these situations that the town aligned players do not carelessly vote like is done during RVS or early days, as the mafia player(s) can organize and instantly provide the necessary votes to eliminate (“quickhammer”) and win the game.

Conclusion

Mafia is hard!
As town, it can be hard to figure things out, and stressful when people think you're scum.
That's okay!
Just share your thoughts on who you think is scum as they come to you, and don't be afraid to change your mind. As scum, it can be hard to lie convincingly, and stressful when people think you're scum. Don't let that scare you! Try to think of what you would post if you were town, and don't be afraid to "change your mind".

This is a game.
Have fun!
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:38 am

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: mastina
<(") | (")>
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:39 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

ego
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:42 am

WHO IS READY TO HAVE SOME FUN!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

POST YOUR BEST KOALA GIFS LETS HAVE A GIF-OFF
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:42 am

I’m sad I didn’t get to be town dolphin again but this will have to suffice.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:43 am

It's KOALA TIIIIIIMEEEEEEEEE

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

waaaaay too many koala gifs for my liking.

<(") | (")>
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Korina »

Any thoughts on claiming what animals we chose?
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:45 am

In post 13, PenguinPower wrote:
Hey, all.

I’m your Inexperience-Challenged (IC) player in this game. As the IC, I have to adhere to specific guidelines as listed in Being a Good IC. In short, my job is to answer any questions you might have about game mechanics and theory; and, in doing so I will never intentionally misguide you.

However, it is important to note that I am also a player in this game, and I do have to play to achieve my win condition (wincon). I have just as much likelihood of being mafia as anybody else here.

Some links you might want to read up on first:
Glossary
Commonly Used Abbreviations
Newbie Guide
A Beginner’s Guide to Being Awesome At Mafia

There are a few key concepts to discuss before we get started to help you better understand the site meta:

Site Meta

Meta is the description of how people on Mafiascum like to play mafia. Things can be different on other online mafia sites, or if you play IRL, so it's good to know what's expected of you on this site. These aren't "rules", per se, but if you don't follow these guidelines it is likely things will go poorly for you on MS. Some examples are...

Random Voting Stage (RVS)

Games on MafiaScum almost always begin with what we call the Random Voting Stage (RVS). At this point in the game, we are in a low information game state (except the mafia, which know everyone’s alignment). As a way to provoke reaction, start a discussion, and try to determine alignment, people will usually vote for non-serious reasons. As the discussion progresses, we will eventually get the game moving and progress out of RVS.

Voting, E-x, and Hammers

E-x is a way to convey how far away a player is away from elimination. For example, you should always announce that you are putting someone at E-1 (1 vote away from an elimination) so that someone doesn’t come along and accidentally vote for that player's elimination. This also prevents Mafia-aligned players from coming along and placing the final vote to eliminate (“hammer”) and claiming ignorance about doing so. You may also see E-2 and E-3 (2 votes away from elimination and 3 votes away from elimination, respectively).

Before you hammer a player, state your intent to hammer (usually done in bold) and ask the player to claim their role. This is done to prevent power roles from being eliminated, and can sometimes get Mafia-aligned players to be caught (via counter claiming). It's best to then allow other players to react and discuss the claim before hammering.

Claiming Your Role

It is almost always best to not claim your role unless you are at E-1 and have been asked to claim as part of an “intent to hammer.” This is because, as a town power role (“PR”), if you out prematurely, you are likely to be night-killed (“NK’d”). As a Vanilla Townie (“VT”), claiming early helps the mafia team narrow down the setup and possible PR candidates. An exception to this would be if a mafia player claimed your role, claiming early to counter the false claim (“CC”) would out the mafia player, and would be a benefit to the town.

Do not fake claim a power role as town!
While it may help you avoid getting eliminated, you might cause a real PR to out themselves by counterclaiming - then the mafia will know who the PR is, and you will probably get eliminated for lying to town. Feel free to fake a claim as scum, though, if you think it would help.

ELo

ELo is the shortened representation of “Eliminate or Lose.” ELo in the Newbie Queue is when there are 3 remaining players, 2 of which are town and 1 is mafia; or when there are 5 remaining players, 3 of which are town and 2 are mafia. It is important in these situations that the town aligned players do not carelessly vote like is done during RVS or early days, as the mafia player(s) can organize and instantly provide the necessary votes to eliminate (“quickhammer”) and win the game.

Conclusion

Mafia is hard!
As town, it can be hard to figure things out, and stressful when people think you're scum.
That's okay!
Just share your thoughts on who you think is scum as they come to you, and don't be afraid to change your mind. As scum, it can be hard to lie convincingly, and stressful when people think you're scum. Don't let that scare you! Try to think of what you would post if you were town, and don't be afraid to "change your mind".

This is a game.
Have fun!
:lol:

I actually had to check the thread to make sure this wasn’t the newbie queue.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:46 am

In post 20, Korina wrote:Any thoughts on claiming what animals we chose?
Why not?
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:47 am

In post 19, PenguinPower wrote:waaaaay too many koala gifs for my liking.

this is unacceptable pengy
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Korina »

Alright, I got dog, which was my first option.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B