She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2116, mastina wrote:
In post 2112, Jingle wrote:
In post 2106, WhemeStar wrote:Is mafia pt released yet?
It was requested that we keep it redacted.
:(
BM wanted Noraa dead and I was hard opposed and things kind of got a bit uncomfortable at that point but BM and me are 100% good now, right @BM? <3
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2117, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2085, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1891, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:there's no way a closed setup with a scum dayvig is townsided lol
We had a role where actual prizes were expected, which we could obviously never actually deliver on, so making up a fake prize was bound to bite us in the ass, because there’s was no way to actually confirm it.
yeah that's true
In post 2086, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1902, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1899, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1891, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:there's no way a closed setup with a scum dayvig is townsided lol
nah disagree. coz even if the dayvig lives and shoots...clearly once everyone's claimed, the possibility of a scum dayvig isn't going to seem that implausible. it gave us 1 extra kill, and a reasonable fakeclaim, but that's it.
uh you're just wrong here lol
No because you’re completely forgetting how our role basically fucked us because we had to declare a winner but were not given mod confirmable prizes to hand out. Also one shot perma day &night bg is whack but Fuzzy needed to claim dayvig. Also I wanted to selfhammer when Penguin put us at E-1 but BM wanted the day to last as long as possible, so I probably shouldn’t have listened to that. :lol:
lol if the day had ended early i'd just have missed the whole nightphase. which would only have further lowered odds, and dragged everything out. also, general rule of thumb not to self-hammer as scum when your teammates are on wagon.
I should have though because of jjh’s role which wound up sinking you. Plus, the situation for us was hopeless atp anyway.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2118, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2089, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1933, Battle Mage wrote:i couldve not claimed the badger thing, but there was no way to really know exactly what the deal was - maybe not claiming it would've confscumed me.
Had I self-hammered when Penguin had me at E-1, it probably would have helped. Great shot however. I’m glad you didn’t NK Noraa, not that would have actually changed anything.
lol i couldnt really justify NKing noraa when nearly half the town was conftown by Day 3. :lol:
Yeah, it was the best shot you could have possibly made at that point but Mastina’s role was unfortunately way too strong. :/
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2119, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2097, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:In your situation Nancy, I would have fully commited to the self-hammer. Prolonging the day is only going to provide town with additional power and talk time.
they could have self-hammered early, but the early interactions with me were gross, so they needed time to cover that over. My only real ask was don't self-hammer just as I'm about to go on V/LA for the entire nightphase duration :lol:
Yeah but not self-hammering wound up helping jjh and that might have stopped it.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2120, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2093, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1996, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1986, jjh927 wrote:Wow, really? That's actually pretty surprising

Were they that scared of her saying she had a really strong power role?
nah Nancy just really wanted Mastina dead
No but we figured SS was doc’d and we obviously should have killed MHTP but you wanted to whack Noraa who was 0 threat to all of us the entire game but we were unable to convince you of that.
lol Nancy you know that's not true, and that's partly why you don't want to release the PT. I won't say anything further to spare your blushes, but in painting yourself as a genius, please try not to paint me as an even bigger idiot than i actually am... :roll:
Not the PT, discord. Well I have extremely good reasons to 100% know why Noraa kill was 100% suboptimal and you needed to trust me on being 100% right on that but unfortunately I couldn’t convince you. :/
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

Sadly a kill upon myself would have failed, with thanks to Rayas efforts.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2130, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:Sadly a kill upon myself would have failed, with thanks to Rayas efforts.
On Night 1 because she apparently jailed you? Well in that case we were totally fucked straight our of the gate.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2129, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2120, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2093, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1996, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1986, jjh927 wrote:Wow, really? That's actually pretty surprising

Were they that scared of her saying she had a really strong power role?
nah Nancy just really wanted Mastina dead
No but we figured SS was doc’d and we obviously should have killed MHTP but you wanted to whack Noraa who was 0 threat to all of us the entire game but we were unable to convince you of that.
lol Nancy you know that's not true, and that's partly why you don't want to release the PT. I won't say anything further to spare your blushes, but in painting yourself as a genius, please try not to paint me as an even bigger idiot than i actually am... :roll:
Not the PT, discord. Well I have extremely good reasons to 100% know why Noraa kill was 100% suboptimal and you needed to trust me on being 100% right on that but unfortunately I couldn’t convince you. :/
nancy, i literally let you pick the kill. you tried to kill mastina. it failed. :eek: so not only did you not need to convince me, but you were also proven wrong.

objectively, killing noraa would not have been worse with the benefit of hindsight we now have.

and even without that benefit of hindsight, your reasoning was, as I explained several times, not robust. It is very very rare for towns to focus solely on NK WIFOM to determine who they elim. I can only speak to my own experience, but I've played exactly 50 games in the last 14 months, and I think that happened in maybe 2? More often what happens is either:

1. Towns don't bother speculating about why a particular player got killed.
2. Towns speculate about why a player got killed, and then someone points out it's WIFOM and people move on.

If it's something you've come across more frequently, that's fine, but I'd never be basing my NK strategy off it given the stats. And particularly so in the circumstances of this game where we couldn't really afford to make mistakes at night (and in practice, we did nothing but make mistakes).

But the bottom line is, you are entitled to disagree with me, but to completely dismiss my opinion in the manner you did at the time, was not courteous.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I would argue that’s exactly what you did to me though and I was 100% NOT proven wrong wrt to Noraa, quite the contrary in fact. You obviously didn’t die because of her and according to MHTP - the only actually good kill - clearly couldn’t have happened either.

@BM, I would really prefer not to have this discussion with you PUBLICLY. If you want to discuss this with me further, my pm box and discord are always open. :)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

@BM, I apologize if that how what I said made you feel. I get extremely frustrated when I don’t think I’m being listened to but probably could have handled that a lot better.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2134, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@BM, I apologize if that how what I said made you feel that your opinion was dismissed. I get extremely frustrated when I don’t think I’m being listened to but probably could have handled that a lot better.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2125, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
BM wanted Noraa dead and I was hard opposed and things kind of got a bit uncomfortable at that point but BM and me are 100% good now, right @BM? <3
err no that's not exactly what happened. a more accurate account would be:

Pooky and I thought we should kill Noraa
You were desperate to kill Mastina (for fundamentally similar, but weaker, reasons than the case for killing noraa)
You browbeated Pooky and I endlessly to try and convince us Mastina was the optimal kill.
Pooky eventually agreed, I did not.
I said, you will not convince me, but I'm happy for us to go with your opinion.
You were angry I didn't fully agree with you, and spoke to me very disrespectfully - indicating you have a very high opinion of yourself and a low opinion of me.

I think it's a shame now that you can't even be honest about that, but whatever. My reputation on this site will always be of a (at best) mediocre player, and I'm pretty comfortable admitting my weaknesses and failures. And there's nothing wrong with you having a big ego and thinking you're a brilliant player who knows best - for all I know, maybe you are a brilliant player! But in mafia, and in life, you will sometimes be able to learn something even from those beneath yourself - but you need to listen and see that everyone has something valuable to bring to the table.

I don't want any of this to sound like 'holier than thou' BS from me - as I said in the PT, we all had plenty of things to learn from in this game. Perhaps I should have been more assertive; certainly I should have been more engaged. And to be clear, you seem to me like a nice and genuine person at heart, who really invests a lot of emotion in these games - which is great. So no hard feelings on it - what happens in the game, stays in the game.

-BM out-
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2135, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2134, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@BM, I apologize if that how what I said made you feel that your opinion was dismissed. I get extremely frustrated when I don’t think I’m being listened to but probably could have handled that a lot better.
apology accepted - and I'll reciprocate the apology, given you felt I didn't give your ideas enough of a chance. I think it was just 2 people who genuinely had completely different experiences and perspectives - and as I said at the time, we were never going to agree, so we just had to agree to disagree and move forward. We're all good from my perspective.

-now BM out-
Show

Nightkilled - 10

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

BM remember that time I told you you should stick with me and we can go get weapons in the garage but you wandered off in search of booze and got yourself turned into a zombie and then incinerated by a death trap?

good times mate <3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2136, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2125, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
err no that's not exactly what happened. a more accurate account would be:

Pooky and I thought we should kill Noraa
You were desperate to kill Mastina (for fundamentally similar, but weaker, reasons than the case for killing noraa)
You browbeated Pooky and I endlessly to try and convince us Mastina was the optimal kill.
Pooky eventually agreed, I did not.
I said, you will not convince me, but I'm happy for us to go with your opinion.
You were angry I didn't fully agree with you, and spoke to me very disrespectfully - indicating you have a very high opinion of yourself and a low opinion of me.

I think it's a shame now that you can't even be honest about that, but whatever. My reputation on this site will always be of a (at best) mediocre player, and I'm pretty comfortable admitting my weaknesses and failures. And there's nothing wrong with you having a big ego and thinking you're a brilliant player who knows best - for all I know, maybe you are a brilliant player! But in mafia, and in life, you will sometimes be able to learn something even from those beneath yourself - but you need to listen and see that everyone has something valuable to bring to the table.

I don't want any of this to sound like 'holier than thou' BS from me - as I said in the PT, we all had plenty of things to learn from in this game. Perhaps I should have been more assertive; certainly I should have been more engaged. And to be clear, you seem to me like a nice and genuine person at heart, who really invests a lot of emotion in these games - which is great. So no hard feelings on it - what happens in the game, stays in the game.

-BM out-
I would never in a bazillion trillion centuries ever “browbeat” one of my hands down favourite players on this site, not to mention one of the most awesome people I’ve met online or ANYWHERE for that matter and he PRIVATELY did agree with me about Noraa.

It’s also not true the way your painting it that I wasn’t looking at other alternatives than Mastina, because you 100% know I was but perhaps you stopped reading? I was also considering FL because for some reason you thought he was a a watcher or something? Can’t remember? Also Korina? Honestly can’t remember and my reasons for Mastina had at least an actual in game basis because you were never ever on Noraa’s radar the entire game.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I was angry because I understand optics and I thought that a Noraa kill made 0 sense from anyone but you, because unlike Mastina, she wasn’t the counterwagon to scum.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2137, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2135, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
apology accepted - and I'll reciprocate the apology, given you felt I didn't give your ideas enough of a chance. I think it was just 2 people who genuinely had completely different experiences and perspectives - and as I said at the time, we were never going to agree, so we just had to agree to disagree and move forward. We're all good from my perspective.

-now BM out-
I have no ill will towards you and I sincerely hope that’s mutual?

Things got heated after we were all understandably upset about Fuzzy. I honestly didn’t feel you were really taking my arguments seriously but I was probably wrong to take that personally.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2138, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:BM remember that time I told you you should stick with me and we can go get weapons in the garage but you wandered off in search of booze and got yourself turned into a zombie and then incinerated by a death trap?

good times mate <3
PLZ TELL ME MORE About This. :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

In post 2131, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2130, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:Sadly a kill upon myself would have failed, with thanks to Rayas efforts.
On Night 1 because she apparently jailed you? Well in that case we were totally fucked straight our of the gate.
A night 2 attempt, apologies. I believed that is when you meant.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Noraa »

Guys don't fite! No one plays a perfect game and there will ALWAYS be things you can do better in every game. Nothing is ever one person's fault. Either blame everyone or blame no one and then all will be peaceful :mrgreen:
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2143, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:
In post 2131, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
A night 2 attempt, apologies. I believed that is when you meant.
Oh no, I mean had we killed you on N1, we obviously would have lived a lot longer.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2144, Noraa wrote:Guys don't fite! No one plays a perfect game and there will ALWAYS be things you can do better in every game. Nothing is ever one person's fault. Either blame everyone or blame no one and then all will be peaceful :mrgreen:

And this is why Noraa is the bestest! <3
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2124, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:What were we supposed to do about the prizes though? That’s the main reason people began to doubt us.
What I would've done?

Said that it was a side event thing that could net me the use of pretty meh abilities but had no real value to participation past letting people be a potential target for those abilities.

What were you supposed to do?

Whatever you wanted to do. You used your role to a surprising amount of success making people fall over themselves to post a bunch of filler early D1, to the point where deadline rolled around and there hadn't really been a real wagon except on mastina.

From a setup perspective, though, your role is 100% one that could have gone to town with 0 tweaks. It wasn't an inherently towny claim, but it was never intended to be. If a mod only gives scum town looking claims all of the millers and ninja visitors and "YOU HAVE TO COMPLIMENT ME DAMMIT" and Koalawang roles will always be town roles, which is just as bad as having no town looking scum roles in the first place.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2144, Noraa wrote:Guys don't fite! No one plays a perfect game and there will ALWAYS be things you can do better in every game. Nothing is ever one person's fault. Either blame everyone or blame no one and then all will be peaceful
^Goodposting

Now's the time to sit back, relax, and let go of the stress of the game. Also, post koala gifs.
This is a Parachute.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2147, Jingle wrote:
In post 2124, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:What were we supposed to do about the prizes though? That’s the main reason people began to doubt us.
What I would've done?

Said that it was a side event thing that could net me the use of pretty meh abilities but had no real value to participation past letting people be a potential target for those abilities.

What were you supposed to do?

Whatever you wanted to do. You used your role to a surprising amount of success making people fall over themselves to post a bunch of filler early D1, to the point where deadline rolled around and there hadn't really been a real wagon except on mastina.

From a setup perspective, though, your role is 100% one that could have gone to town with 0 tweaks. It wasn't an inherently towny claim, but it was never intended to be. If a mod only gives scum town looking claims all of the millers and ninja visitors and "YOU HAVE TO COMPLIMENT ME DAMMIT" and Koalawang roles will always be town roles, which is just as bad as having no town looking scum roles in the first place.
My point is we should have at least got either viable prize suggestions or at preferably prizes that could be verified. People began suspecting me when I refused to move my vote off of Korina to test it for example.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”