Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Prism »

(And I am no friend of Cabd/notscienc's, or their respective styles)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 497, notscience wrote:Mena you literally make every game toxic when you get suspected.

That’s why catboi boxed you out. Find a different way to play that doesn’t emphasize tearing people down then get all huffy when they give it back.
you think I give a fuck what catboi said or didn't say lmao or the fact that you think I cared particularly/hadn't already realised this game was lost for sure as of D2? like I was posting what I was because I think the way you/cabd/Maria played around marci was genuinely fucking gross.

I stopped posting because this game is and was so aggravating that I was concerned about getting force repped for it and because there was no point in making myself furious for no reason when things were a foregone conclusion. especially with you and cabd being the smug supercilious [deleted] you are when you literally would have lost just as hard if the rand had fallen differently. feel free to cry about how that's not the case though, but if you have the capacity to be honest with yourself then you should be aware that what I'm saying is true.

and again, this is not about me making games toxic when I get suspected (which you'd know if you weren't a lazy [deleted] basing this off one game of meta)
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Bell »

Please be kind to one another.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 498, Prism wrote:The flavor/design of this game was really neat. Dayplay was pretty straightforward even as a halfhearted spectator, kind of glad I skipped out but c'est la vie.

Gamma, I wish you had showed half the drive to learn and improve that marcistar did when you were starting out onsite. The games I rolled scum with you you were significantly worse and blatantly did not care to improve at all. When you lost Binding of Isaac Day 1 while Farkran played the game of his life you blamed others and were equally unapologetic.

To see you beat up on a newer player trying to improve is frankly revolting.
It's not personal towards marci, sorry
I'm just tired of rolling scum in shitty scenarios
even my last two scum wins felt like I had to struggle a significant amount
I just feel like I never get a fully solid team anymore, and the only way to win as scum is to abandon those who aren't keeping up
Also idfk what you mean by not caring to improve. My issues with my scumplay took years to iron out, at least wrt slanking under pressure
btw, who were you this game?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Menalque »

I'm leaving before I leave the [deleted] bits in and get a 2 month site ban for saying what I'd actually like to say. I'm glad we're in postgame now tho, so that both of you (cabd and notsci) can know that I'm being entirely sincere and not playing for advantage with me telling you both exactly what I think of you as a result of this game.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 503, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm just tired of rolling scum in shitty scenarios
just stop trying when you roll scum gamma, it's the currently acceptable trust tell so long as you don't openly admit that's what you do -- just ask bork or bell!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:16 am

Post by catboi »

I can certainly remember joining games and feeling badly out of my depth and like I had no idea what to say. It's not fun. But no one dumped on me for my inexperience or I would have probably wanted to stop trying. Please be supportive of newbies.

Anyway marci you're still great and a lot of fun in game, if you want I can give you some tips on scumming it up
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

i enjoyed picking tarot cards and getting a role i was interested in. unfortunate that it played out the way it did. hope to see you keep trying, marci! this game is hard
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 487, T3 wrote:Shortest Mini Theme Game?
aha, I wish.

No, cupcake mafia was worse. Day 1 Scum elimination, night 1 a scum got shot and the other scum submitted a shot on a bomb. All 3 scum dead before start of day 2.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My issue has little to do with inexperience, it has to do with the fact it feels like there's always a "liability" in every scumteam I am a part of these days
but tbh I'm kinda a mess of frustration
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:21 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 502, Bell wrote:Please be kind to one another.
beefycheese
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 509, Gamma Emerald wrote:My issue has little to do with inexperience, it has to do with the fact it feels like there's always a "liability" in every scumteam I am a part of these days
but tbh I'm kinda a mess of frustration
i've had that happen a lot -- those are the ones where you just have to put the team on your back and carry them kicking and screaming, and yes sometimes it won't work but it's a fun challenge to try
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 510, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 502, Bell wrote:Please be kind to one another.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:37 am

Post by catboi »

Not everyone is good, you're not always going to have a team full of Don Corleones. You gotta make do with what you have. Don't think it's fair to disrespect anyone making a good faith effort. (it's okay to get mad at quitters)

Also, sometimes in this game you just get beat. It happens. I never stood a chance in FL vs Hectic.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

^
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Mena, I personally never thought that you were faking your anger at Cabd/Notscience, but I did think that it made you more likely to be scum.

I count Marci as a friend, and I personally talked her into joining this game, so I was incredibly frustrated to see her immediately hammered out of the game.
---I also lost every ability I had.

So I was frustrated with the way it played out, but you were way angrier. In a way that made more sense to be coming form scum.

A town player would be mad about the way it was handled, but that anger would be tempered by seeing that it did actually flip scum
A scum player would be mad about the way it was handled, but that anger would be amplified by actually losing a partner.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:39 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 488, Ydrasse wrote:also @marci, reading the dead thread, don’t take it too hard if at all, i think you’re a lovely person and i hope we can play again together at some point !
t_t i hope we can play together in the future again too, but like i mentioned in deadthread i dont think ill do well in general. its kinda embarrassing to mention exactly why i think that tho :shifty:
In post 492, notscience wrote:I had fun, but it wasn’t fair to Marci.
its fine i just wish i couldve done more for my team.
In post 494, Gamma Emerald wrote:honestly I'm less mad at cabd and more mad at marcistar for the d1 lim
I s2g people need to learn to play scum better
im sorry
In post 506, catboi wrote:Anyway marci you're still great and a lot of fun in game, if you want I can give you some tips on scumming it up
PLS GIVE ME TIPS
its like cursed or something :roll: ive only rolled scum in games where u and luke are both in :P :P
In post 507, Cephrir wrote:i enjoyed picking tarot cards and getting a role i was interested in. unfortunate that it played out the way it did. hope to see you keep trying, marci! this game is hard
im always gonna keep trying :twisted: :twisted: i cant give up, my endgoal is so iconic i need to be able to destroy everyone one day :P

tbh i had no idea what cards to pick so i just had a friend shuffle their deck and pick 3 random cards and i didnt tell them what it was for :shifty:
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:41 am

Post by unwnd »

The only thing I have to comment on is that I don't agree with conceding. Why not challenge yourself or see how far you can go? Town loves hubris and I wouldn't say it is outright impossible because that would imply an outcome was decided..which it wasn't
Stop
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm p darn confident this wasnt winnable, and i'm nearly as confident that it would have ended day3
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:44 am

Post by unwnd »

I've been informed of further context but

There's always a chance to do something, even if it might not mean a win
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Gamma, I don't think that it is really fair to hold this loss entirely to marci

Yes, Marci froze up Day 1.

But also, Skitter/Mena's play in the neighborhood got clocked as scummy by Cabd

And also, I would say that your play day 2 was the scummiest of any of the members of the scum team -- yes, scummier then Marci's posts that got her elim'ed day 1

Did Marci's inexperience result in the scum team playing a man down - yeah, but the remaining members did not play perfectly either.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 519, unwnd wrote:I've been informed of further context but

There's always a chance to do something, even if it might not mean a win
I dont think anybody else was going to be flipped day2, and after us there was p much no way gamma wasnt going to go next

I dont think there was realistically any other outcome here at that point. It may be unsporting of me but i kinda dont see the point in going through the motions towards a fairly inevitable conclusion that i know nobody on the team actually wanted to go through or would enjoy in any fashion

It was lost, and we all knew it - i was p sufe this was a loss before i made a single post anywhere. But within like three hours into day2 it was p much cemented, and realistically there wasnt much i, or anybody else, could do about it outside of, like, inducing amnesia upon everyone in the game

(As an aside i dont think repping out and making someone else deal with my mess is such a good solution either, which i beliebe is what people suggested scum do in your game up)

Technically it was at that point gamma's decision and not mine, but i was on board with it yesterday before wr got flipped too

If there was a semi-reasonable chance of even making it through thr day, or even of gamma surviving longer, i would have felt differently. But that wasnt the case, so i didnt
Show
Hiatus once more.

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:09 am

Post by unwnd »

Yeah outside of context I'm just playing devil's advocate about it. You don't need to be held prisoner if a very bleak outcome is causing you emotional turmoil. My condolences to both of you or even Gamma if that's true, but I just lament this outcome and feel like I've been seeing it more
Stop
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm not nearly masochistic enuf to force myself to play through what i am >99% sure is a loss

I wouldnt do it otherwise, i'm not really the sort to just give up cuz its hard or cuz i dont like the alignment, and i dont advocate conceding in general. I never have before, and i hopefully never will again

But if it isnf winnable, you're abt to go down like bowling pins, there isnt really anything you can do to change that, and nobody is enjoying it, what's the point exactly?
Show
Hiatus once more.

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:17 am

Post by unwnd »

I have a more holistic viewpoint, where I figure a town merely shrugs and a mod gets a bunch of ideas thrown into the trash early. It's just not something I figure anyone wants, you yourself as well.
Stop

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”