Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2596, LavosCore wrote:Yeah I've learned my lesson around flavour, people will want safeclaim despite the VT PM being there and clear. :P

Also that's 6 preins o.o :D
I think that another issue was 100% of town roles functioning off of mana, and there being no way for the scum team to know that. The simple solution without just telling them would be to give them a role that also functioned on mana.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by mastina »

Subject: [MT2225] The End of Time (Dead/Spec)
LavosCore wrote:Amusingly Cyrus wasn't actually brought back by the mystics either, it was his restless soul that did that and Glenn proving himself worthy of the Masamune was enough to let Cyrus rest.

... just don't take Magus into that scene.
Is it bad that I take Magus to that scene on literally every playthrough? :shifty:
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

I will pre-in too. I enjoyed being scumread by everyone and killed quickly, I'm looking forward to that happening again!
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Marashu »

I guess for transparency, before all the pre-in, as soon as the dead thread was revealed, I sent a pre-in PM.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:22 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 513, Angel Warriors wrote:I admit to that and typically that is what I do. the reason is simply. he doesnt cooperate as town and that frustrates town me. but the last game guillo was in with me, he was scum and let me tell you the difference was drastic. it was like he went from a raging bull to a proper gentleman asking you for a dance. I am telling you the difference is that STARK. guillo as town won't give two shits before slamming your head into the pavement if he dislikes your read on him. what is cooperation? what is town block? none of that exists in his eyes

but scum guillo cares SO MUCH. he will reply extremely calmly to EVERY post you make. he will tell you "no sweetheart im not scum listen to my beautiful voice you know its not me but it might be X or Y. See they look scary bad go go!" he will try so hard to get you off him and in the nicest way in the world. I caught him immediately and was like oh fuck so this is what his scum game looks like. That is why the moment I saw him get angry in this game, I was willing to say with 100% certainty that he is town. I promise that I am not wrong here. Anyone can meta guillo. His scum and town game are NIGHT AND DAY. im not even exaggerating.
@NORAA would you like to dance? :lol:
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 2604, Guillotina wrote:
In post 513, Angel Warriors wrote:I admit to that and typically that is what I do. the reason is simply. he doesnt cooperate as town and that frustrates town me. but the last game guillo was in with me, he was scum and let me tell you the difference was drastic. it was like he went from a raging bull to a proper gentleman asking you for a dance. I am telling you the difference is that STARK. guillo as town won't give two shits before slamming your head into the pavement if he dislikes your read on him. what is cooperation? what is town block? none of that exists in his eyes

but scum guillo cares SO MUCH. he will reply extremely calmly to EVERY post you make. he will tell you "no sweetheart im not scum listen to my beautiful voice you know its not me but it might be X or Y. See they look scary bad go go!" he will try so hard to get you off him and in the nicest way in the world. I caught him immediately and was like oh fuck so this is what his scum game looks like. That is why the moment I saw him get angry in this game, I was willing to say with 100% certainty that he is town. I promise that I am not wrong here. Anyone can meta guillo. His scum and town game are NIGHT AND DAY. im not even exaggerating.
@NORAA would you like to dance? :lol:
Sure lol
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by Noraa »

I want to pre in but I shouldn't. next year's gonna be a monster. I really just shouldn't >.>
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
LavosCore
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:33 am

Post by LavosCore »

Scum PT unlocked, names added to the PM-to-play list :D

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=87273&p=12911088#p12911088
LavosCore
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
LavosCore
Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:34 am

Post by LavosCore »

In post 2601, mastina wrote:Subject: [MT2225] The End of Time (Dead/Spec)
LavosCore wrote:Amusingly Cyrus wasn't actually brought back by the mystics either, it was his restless soul that did that and Glenn proving himself worthy of the Masamune was enough to let Cyrus rest.

... just don't take Magus into that scene.
Is it bad that I take Magus to that scene on literally every playthrough? :shifty:
Also no, you need to witness this xD
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:37 am

Post by House »

In post 2607, LavosCore wrote:Scum PT unlocked, names added to the PM-to-play list :D

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=87273&p=12911088#p12911088
Such a great read. :lol:

The fake Mason claim hurt scum morale, so that's cool. :lol:
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Marashu »

The mafia PT was interesting. Kudos to mastina for sticking it out with the game going the way it was.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Hello
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

@ Robert

I just read the scum chat, and I ended up feeling like I wanted to write a rambley wall that may or may not help you. Both the get better and to enjoy your games more. Let's see how it goes!

Basically, I get the feeling that you approach games with a (getting town read = winning = having fun) mindset. And I think that my biggest piece of advise to you is to throw that mindset in the trash.

Getting town read does not win games. As either alignment. It can help, sometimes, but that is not the game. As scum, your win condition this game was essentially "get 3 miselims before the town gets 3 correct elims." PR stuff can adjust the numbers, but that is the general idea. 3 miselims. That is how you win. You don't have to be town read for that, and you don't need to survive to the end of the game for that. So it is important to keep the end goal in mind.

Being widely town read can actually make that harder. If you are the #1 most town read slot in the game, over time, people are gonna start asking why the scum team never killed you.

I feel like, because you did not have that mindset, it tanked your morale this game. Looking through the scum chat, end of day 1 you seemed more focused on the scum reads on you then the fact that scum won day 1! At the end of day 1, if your mindset is focused on "achieve 3 miselims" then you could have been over the moon at the end of the day. " I got scum read, but we STILL managed to snag a miselim!! 2 more of those and we win!"
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Here is a little anecdote on why being town read is not all that it is cracked up to be. In my first scum game on site, a newbie game, I was the most widely town read player at the end of day 1, and my partner was not town read by anyone in the entire player list. He was not the scummiest scum in most peoples lists, but he was squarely in the poe of every single player. That game there was another player that for ran up day 1, and claimed tracker, so the night kill went somewhere else.

I was a role blocker that game, and decided that since I was so widely town read, that I should multitask. Roleblock the tracker, and be the one who did the night kill hunting for a protective pr somewhere else. Well, it turned out that I was so widely town read that a jailkeeper targeted me to try and save me from the night kill. -- so because I was so widely town read, there was no night kill night 1 AND the claimed tracker got a result... AND that is a mechanical guilty on me :dead: (convoluted guilty, but a guilty none the less. Once the tracker and the jailkeeper claim, in a newbie game they knew the scum team have a role blocker. Since the tracker got a result, that means that the role blocker did not block the claimed tracker. Ie, I was not saved by the jailkeeper. I was stopped by them)

So to recap, because I was town read: there was no night kill. The tracker got a result. And the town got a mechanical guilty result on me might 1.

Yikes.

The wild part though? My partner, who NO ONE town read? He won that game in Elo!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Side note, if you have multiple partners, treat them wildly differently. If partner 1 is in your null reads, and partner 2 is your number 1 strongest town read, then it will be harder to find your last partner after your first one flips. )Compared to camping both in your null reads, or both in your town leans, ECT, ECT
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:55 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Finally, I would say, start setting different goals for yourself, outside of "get town read"

If you live through day 1, CELEBRATE THAT AS A VICTORY. You met that goal.

If after you die, ANY player says "I just looked over Roberts iso, and I think [townie] could be his partner" CELEBRATE THAT AS A VICTORY. you met a new goal.

If after you die, ANY player says " I looked back over Roberts iso, and it really does not look like him and [scum] could be partners" CELEBRATE THAT AS A VICTORY. You met that goal

This can do wonders for upping your morale and motivation!
Robert M Hunter
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Robert M Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by Robert M Hunter »

I will keep that in mind next time, thanks Lukewarm!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2615, Lukewarm wrote:If after you die, ANY player says "I just looked over Roberts iso, and I think [townie] could be his partner" CELEBRATE THAT AS A VICTORY. you met a new goal.
FYI this is what I tend to go for as scum a lot
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:55 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”