Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5350 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Cabd »

This is the part where we hope somebody won a govern or something.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5351 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Cabd »

Also come on what kind of bullshit game is "scavenger hunt"...

The games were all skill, not luck, based.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #5352 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:29 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 5285, GuyInFreezer wrote:What if challenge reward requires loser faction to cooperate to winning faction>
I guess I'm correct about this then.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5353 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

LOOK FINE I GET IT OKAY?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5354 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Cabd »

Dunn is in the same server, it's not rocket science to control+F the chat logs...
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5355 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Cabd »

If you'd rather have some hopium, you're welcome to believe scum-me knows that town has a govern shot and am playing coy in the hopes that I am rescued.
Show

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5356 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 am

In post 5354, Cabd wrote:Dunn is in the same server, it's not rocket science to control+F the chat logs...
like fuck you I literally said this

don't act like it was so obvious and wasn't considered

i already hate myself stop fuckign shitting on me too

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #5357 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

If we're talking about real hopium, technically there is a night phase which means a challenge.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5358 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Cabd »

Oh yeah that too.
Show

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5359 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:41 am

Post by jjh927 »

VC4.3
PlayerVotesVoters
Cabd3ssbm_Kyouko, GuyInFreezer, Lady Lambdadelta
ssbm_Kyouko1Cabd
Not Voting---

With 4 alive it took 3 to eliminate.

Hell yeah we're gaming now

The day has ended.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5360 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:49 am

Post by jjh927 »

And so it ends. You came from many worlds; the collective boundaries of your experiences and knowledge were near limitless. You could have achieved anything. And to this new world, you brought war. Congratulations on your victory.

Cabd has been eliminated! Cabd was aligned with the
mafia
!

Spoiler: Cabd- Jibril
Hello Cabd! You are Jibril from No Game No Life, aligned with the
mafia
!

As Jibril, you are an Informed [DATA CORRUPTED]

Informed: REDACTED

[DATA CORRUPTED]

You win when the mafia controls at least 50% of the vote during the day phase.

Meta:

No Game No Life is a good anime, but I'm glad it didn't get a second season. Honestly, the first half of the season was good but there's a noticeable drop in quality in the second half. The characters just kinda aren't much beyond their capabilities, so while the premise is fun and there are definitely some well done bits with the games at the beginning, I reckon this is an overrated anime. Jibril as a character slots nicely into this game, as it makes sense that she'd be informed given her obsession with knowledge, and [DATA CORRUPTED].

A wincon has been achieved! The town, consisting of
Titus
ssbm_Kyouko
DrippingGoofball
WhemeStar
ManateeGal
Something_Smart
Lady Lambdadelta
Kate Bishop
Lukewarm
, and
GuyInFreezer
, has won!
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5361 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:54 am

Post by jjh927 »

Thread Links

Isekai Thread
Mafia Thread - Released without redaction
Titus-LLD PT - Titus never got to see this, however the PT did exist
House of Cream's Mom PT - Released with a minor redaction
Gamma Emerald Notes PT
Last edited by jjh927 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5362 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:59 am

Post by jjh927 »

Spoiler: Toogeloo - Sadao Maou
Hello Toogeloo! You are Sadao Maou from Hatarakou Maou Sama, aligned with the
town
!

As Sadou, you are a JOAT, however you begin the game with no abilities.
Whenever a town player dies, you gain 1 point of power from negative emotions, which can be spent at any time to gain 1-shot abilities as below:
-1 point: Neighbouriser
-2 points: Doctor, Roleblocker, Tracker
-3 points: Cop, Bulletproof, Jailkeeper

You cannot multitask.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Meta:

You sure made a lot of picks there, which I appreciate. At any rate, Hatarakou Maou-Sama is an absolutely iconic reverse isekai. Subjectively it's also one where I feel that the main character is the best character, which certainly makes it easier to enjoy the series. I particularly like that this is a show that simultaneously parodies generic fantasy anime and modern life, and does both effectively. Sadao Maou is a pretty cool character to make a role PM out of- I thought it was a neat idea to play off him basically being a normal dude who works at MgRonalds until something bad happens, at which point he can use all sorts of powers but once he does he's back to square one.

Spoiler: ssbm-kyouko – Akatsuki
Hello ssbm-kyouko! You are Akatsuki from Log Horizon, aligned with the
town
!

As Akatsuki, you are a Tracker / Self-Enabled Watcher.
Once per night, you can perform one of the following actions:
Tracker: You may target a player, and you will be informed of any players they targeted during the night.
Self-Enabled Watcher: You may target a player who you have tracked on any previous night, and you will be informed of any players who targeted them during the night. You may only watch each player once during the game.

Meta:

I do like Log Horizon. I don't think it hits any of its genres in a spectacular way, but it does blend them together nicely and I can comfortably say I enjoyed even its weaker arcs. There's also that inspirational speech in season 2 from which I can quote “Because we're gamers, damnit!” and that is very cool. When designing Akatsuki as a mafia role I was considering doing something with her beating up people who say perverted words, but I settled on the more traditional approach and built a role PM based on her skillset as an assassin.

Spoiler: DrippingGoofball – Ainz Ooal Gown
Hello DrippingGoofball! You are Ainz Ooal Gown from Overlord, aligned with the
town
!

As Ainz, you are the titular undead Overlord of Nazarick, and must take the lead and determine how best to approach your new situation as a Dreaming God. You have a variety of goals and plans to set into action, although contrary to popular belief you have not necessarily thought far enough ahead to see quite how they will unfold. Each night, you may select one of the below plans to enact. Each may only be used once.

Dreaming God:
-Momon - (Create a false identity)
-Splat - (Show your strength)
-Sasuga Ainz Sama - (Just as planned)
-Swords of Darkness – (Making friends)

Meta:

I think I rate Overlord too highly, but that's fine. I very much like the anime for what it is, even with the bad CGI. It is easily one of the best examples of an series that has an overpowered protagonist and cast while still managing to take its storyline seriously. There are stakes involved, and being strong isn't just the solution to all problems since it's more about how the strength is wielded than the strength itself. Ainz is the one who is wielding that strength and while he does generally have a pretty good idea of what he's doing, he doesn't see quite as far ahead as his underlings believe- hence the design in a mafia game as a dreaming god.

Spoiler: Dreaming God abilities
-Momon - (Create a false identity) - This will make the user ascetic for the phase. If they would die, instead there will be a 'fake' flip of Momon, who was Pandora's Actor, and the player will not be dead.
-Splat - (Show your strength) - The start of the next day phase will not begin as normal. Instead, all players will be asked to submit a vote via PM for an additional elim before the day starts. The mafia thread will be locked for this.
-Sasuga Ainz Sama - (Just as planned) - The start of the next day phase will not begin as normal. Instead, all players will be asked to submit a vote via PM for who they think the elim will be in this day phase. Any players who choose correctly will get a hood.
-Swords of Darkness – (Making friends) – At the start of the day Ainz will receive a Day X 1-Shot Neighbouriser Combined Recursive Inventor: During day X, you may PM the mod targeting a player to add them to a neighbourhood and simultaneously grant them a usage of this ability. Any player using this ability will add their target to the same topic. If Unwnd is alive, Unwnd will be added to the PT regardless of who is initially targeted.

Spoiler: Whemestar – Shiro
Hello Whemestar! You are Shiro from No Game No Life, aligned with the
town
!

As Shiro, you are an informed rolecop.

Rolecop: Once per night, you may target a player to determine their role.

Informed: Have you ever felt you were born in the wrong world? If you find yourself in an isekai, you might have more fun. . .

Meta:

No Game No Life is a good anime, but I'm glad it didn't get a second season. Honestly, the first half of the season was good but there's a noticeable drop in quality in the second half. The characters just kinda aren't much beyond their capabilities, so while the premise is fun and there are definitely some well done bits with the games at the beginning, I reckon this is an overrated anime. In terms of making a role PM for Shiro, I figured her analytical genius could be represented by a rolecop as it plays to the mechanics angle.

Spoiler: Post-death extra role PM
You find yourself in another world in which you can play games, and have unlocked your true potential. . .

Oracle: If you win an isekai minigame, you may ask the moderator a single yes/no question.

Meta:
I couldn't resist giving Shiro an extra ability post death, considering that the dead thread is in fact an isekai where you play minigames. Good luck!

Spoiler: ManateeGal – Rim
Hello ManateeGal! You are Rim from Meikyuu Black Company aligned with the
town
!

As Rim, you are a Doublevoter / Self Enabled/Compulsive Vigilante.

Doublevoter: You have a second vote, however once the second vote is used in a dayphase it cannot be moved or unvoted. Please use the HURT: tag to signify your second vote.

Self Enabled/Compulsive Vigilante:
-If the target of your second vote is not elimed during the dayphase, then during the night you will kill them.
-If the doublevote is not used during the dayphase, you will kill a random player aligned with the town.
-If the target of your second vote is elimed during the dayphase, you may choose to kill someone during the night. This is not compulsive and you may select the target.

Meta:
Since you asked me to choose for you, I've chosen a character from what I consider the best isekai anime airing this season. That's high praise in a season with this many isekais. Meikyuu Black Company is, in my opinion, the greatest parody of isekais ever produced, and is consistently hilarious. More people should be watching it. Rim as a character was always gonna be a fun role PM to make, since she is very powerful and also a massive liability. Extremely useful to have around if you keep her fed, but unfortunately she is usually hungry. You are welcome to use your power responsibly, but know that Rim never does.

Spoiler: unwnd - Aqua
Hello unwnd! You are Aqua from KonoSuba aligned with the
town
!

As Aqua, you are a 2-shot Doctor and an Undead Magnet.

2-shot Doctor: Once per night, you may target a player to heal them. This will protect them from one killing action that night. You may use this ability twice during the game.

Undead Magnet: You are a magnet for the undead, and abilities originating from the dead may find a way to reach you.

Meta

KonoSuba is very much an iconic isekai. Despite being a parody, and a good one at that, it does also do the main isekai plot quite well. The main cast are all distinct and fun, and I do find that KonoSuba is a good baseline to compare modern isekai series to. Aqua made most sense to me in a mafia role as a doctor, using her healing abilities, but maybe if she hadn't invested so hard in party tricks she'd have more than 2 shots. Aqua's status as a divine being does also attract undead, which I thought would be a nice addition to the role PM.

Spoiler: LLD - Katia
Hello LadyLambdaDelta! You are Katia from Kumo Desu ga, Nanika? aligned with the
town
!

As Katia, you are Informed of the following:
At the start of the game, you are brainwashed. The mafia are informed that they can instruct you to carry out the nightkill instead of any mafia members.
If the mafia use this 3 times, or if the mafia nightkill fails (whether you perform it or not), you will gain a 1-shot dayvig and break free of the brainwashing. The mafia will be informed of the latter, but not the former.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. Don't worry, that doesn't include you.

Meta:

I've only seen the anime for spider, and I think that means I missed quite a lot of the nuance to the tale. Honestly, while watching the anime, I didn't particularly like the future stuff with all the children, and just wanted to see more spider. None of the characters really stood out to me- it's an ensemble cast, but it's impossible to dedicate enough time to different characters when the real focus that gets the most screentime is not in the ensemble cast. I think I understand why you chose Katia for this, but it's easier to reflect story arc than character development in a role PM, so story it is.

Spoiler: KateBishop - Cream the Rabbit
Hello KateBishop! You are Cream the Rabbit (and Cheese I guess- you are a hydra) from Sonic X aligned with the
town
!

As Cream (and Cheese), you are a Reflexive Neighbouriser Conditional 1-shot Vigilante

Reflexive Neighbouriser: Anyone who targets you will be added to a neighbourhood provided that you survive the phase in question.

Conditional 1-shot Vigilante: Once during the game, during the night, you may target a player who has been in your neighbourhood for at least 1 complete phase and kill them- ie if they joined at the end of N1, they could be vigged during N3 at the earliest.

Meta:

Did you pick from Sonic X thinking I wouldn't have seen all of it? It is an okay anime that is watchable, and is both a reverse isekai for the first season and an isekai for the second (worse) season. Cream's main asset is her ability to make friends, so it's easy enough to make that an ability. There is, however, that one time that Cream and Cheese straight up kill their friend Emerl the gizoid after he goes a bit crazy when he comes into contact with a chaos emerald, if you're wondering what's up with the second half of this role PM. RIP Emerl; may you cry oil (or water in the dub?) no more.

Spoiler: Lukewarm - Chobi the Chocobo
Hello Lukewarm! You are Chobi the Chocobo from Final Fantasy Unlimited, aligned with the
town
!

As Chobi, you are a Deadline Guide.

Deadline Guide: While you are alive, the day deadline will be set at 2 weeks. If you are eliminated, the elimination deadline will no longer be clear. Instead of a set 2 week day phase, the deadline will be a randomly selected hour between the 1 week and 2 week mark with equal distribution, and the elimination will be decided on plurality if the deadline is reached. The randomly selected time will not be public knowledge, and votecounts will count down to the 1 week mark at which point the day could end at any hour.

Meta:

Final Fantasy Unlimited is pretty bad, honestly, although some standout moments have occurred. If you'd actually seen this anime, maybe you'd have selected the legendary character Pisto Shaz XI, but alas. There's also the guy who says “SOIL IS MY POWER!” and “The appropriate soil to use against you has been decided!” in every episode. But yeah, your first pick was the chocobo. Chobi's main contribution to the cast in Final Fantasy Unlimited is that he tells everyone when the subway is leaving so they can make it to the next part of wonderland. If Chobi had not been there they probably would have missed the subway. So that ought to explain things.

Spoiler: GuyInFreezer - Chihiro.
Hello GuyInFreezer! You are Chihiro from Spirited Away, aligned with the
town
!

As Chihiro, you are an Isekai Commuter.

Isekai Commuter: Once in the game, during the night, you can commute to another world. You will be untargetable while in the other world, and will return at the end of the following night phase. You will not be present in the main thread during your time in the other world, and your disappearance will be noted.

Meta:

Spirited Away is a classic in every sense of the word. That is the case for a fair amount of Studio Ghibli's work but none moreso than Spirited Away. I can at best hope to capture only a fraction of this wonder in representing Chihiro as a commuter who goes to an isekai, has an adventure, and then comes back. I'm missing a lot of depth here, but I blame my choice in medium of mafia game design as an art form more than myself for that.

Spoiler: Dunnstral- Hakurou.
Hello Dunnstral! You are Hakurou from That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime, aligned with the
mafia
!

As Hakurou, you are a Non-Consecutive Activated Counterattacker.

Non-Consecutive Activated Counterattacker: During the night, you may choose to go on alert. Any killing actions targeting you that night or in the following day will fail, and you will kill anyone attempting to target you with a killing action. You may not use this ability if you used it in the previous night.

Your mafia buddies are Cabd and Marcistar, and you will find the PT here.

You have a factional nightkill as normal and can use this in addition to any other abilities. You are also informed that you may instruct LadyLambdaDelta to carry out the factional nightkill on a given target instead of any mafia members.

Meta:

I do like Tensura on balance; though I recognise that the second half of both seasons is really slow, the first half of both seasons is comparatively very good. I'll admit to also watching the spinoff series, Tensura Nikki, and further admit that the spinoff has probably been more influential on my design of this role than the main series- particularly the running gag with Gobta trying to attack him. That being said, I do like a good cool old swordmaster character like Hakurou, so I'd say this was a good pick.

Spoiler: Cabd- Jibril
Hello Cabd! You are Jibril from No Game No Life, aligned with the
mafia
!

As Jibril, you are an Informed Game Participant.

Informed: You are informed that what would normally be a dead thread is an isekai thread in which players compete in games to win abilities with which they might be able to influence the main thread.

Game Participant: You will be informed of and may anonymously participate in games taking place in the isekai thread. You will lose your ability to participate in games after the first mafia member is killed.

Your mafia buddies are Dunnstral and Marcistar, and you will find the PT here.

You have a factional nightkill as normal and can use this in addition to any other abilities. You are also informed that you may instruct LadyLambdaDelta to carry out the factional nightkill on a given target instead of any mafia members.

Meta:

No Game No Life is a good anime, but I'm glad it didn't get a second season. Honestly, the first half of the season was good but there's a noticeable drop in quality in the second half. The characters just kinda aren't much beyond their capabilities, so while the premise is fun and there are definitely some well done bits with the games at the beginning, I reckon this is an overrated anime. Jibril as a character slots nicely into this game, as it makes sense that she'd be informed given her obsession with knowledge, and this means that even without anyone dying the baddies (read: you) can be baddies in the isekai too.

Spoiler: Marcistar- Rem Galleu
Hello Marcistar! You are Rem Galleu from How not to Summon a Demon Lord, aligned with the
mafia
!

As Rem, you are a Doombringer.

Doombringer: Once during the game, during twilight (the time between when a player has cast the final vote to eliminate a player and the time when the flip is announced), you may PM the mod to activate your ability to allow for a second elimination to occur during the day. The day will resume after the flip with either the same deadline or 3 days, whichever is greater. However, the mafia will be invited to make a prediction as to who the consensus elimination will be. If they guess correctly, they will be able to redirect this elimination as per a Governor ability. This will be made public knowledge. If you are eliminated by vote before this ability can be used, it will be used automatically.

Your mafia buddies are Dunnstral and Cabd, and you will find the PT here.

Meta:

How not to Summon a Demon Lord is, however I look at it, generic isekai trash. I do like isekai trash, even the generic stuff, so that's not to say it's a particularly bad thing. But it is what it is, and it will never be more than that. Rem as a character kind of suffers from being a generic harem girl that doesn't show any exceptional power, but fortunately for me in designing this role PM she does have the soul of a demon king sealed inside of her. This could be a difficult role to play, but I'm sure it'll be fun no matter what.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5363 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:02 am

Post by jjh927 »

Isekai Games:

Night 1: There will be a game ONLY if a town member is elimed, or Marcistar is elimed and a town member is subsequently elimed. In the first scenario, a hidden alt will be provided to cabd in order to play.
1V1 isekai character guess who. It's normal guess who but with a board of isekai characters.
The winner gets a single, non-transferable vote that will remain on a player for all of day 2, which will be listed on the votecount as "Accusation from Beyond"

Night 2: Vote Guessing
All participants are to guess who each living player will be voting at the end of the following day phase. Any players that die won't count for scoring even if someone guessed "not voting" for them. You get 1 point for each correctly guessed voter, and 3 points if you correctly guessed who the elim would be. Whoever has the most points wins.
The winner gets a 150 character crier post to use in N3, however all instances of the 3 most commonly used letters will be replaced with underscores. If there's a tie, all winners will receive the same prize.

Night 3: Scavenger Hunt
Anyone in the isekai thread may request the scavenger hunt item list at any point during the night. It will be sent via PM. The player who returns a completed list in the shortest time since receiving the PM will win. Any incomplete or incorrect items will yield an increasing penalty, starting at 1 minute for the first incorrect answer and doubling for every incorrect answer after that. This will be more of a time trial version than a race in order to account for timezones.

Scavenger hunt list redacted in case anyone wants to try it in postgame.

The winner gains a 1-shot messenger ability that can target any living player at any time. The sender's identity explicitly cannot be moderator confirmed. This message will also be sent to unwnd if alive.

Day 4: A Questionable Haunt
At the start of the day, I will ask all living players a series of questions. Anyone in the isekai thread may choose a living player and guess their answers to each of those questions. Each player may only be selected once.

At the end of the day, any players who got all the questions correct, or failing that the player who got the most answers correct (if players are tied, but did not get all correct, then the player whose selection responded to the quiz first wins) gets a PT with their chosen living player for Night 4 only.

Overlord Meta Vote Guessing
Occurs during the phase caused by the use of 'Sasuga Ainz Sama' (The start of the next day phase will not begin as normal. Instead, all players will be asked to submit a vote via PM for who they think the elim will be in this day phase. Any players who choose correctly will get a hood.)
Players in the isekai are invited to guess which players will guess correctly. The winner gets a 50 character crier ability that posts in the hood created by this ability.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5364 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:10 am

Post by jjh927 »

Night actions:

Spoiler: Night 1
GIF commutes

Whemestar rolecops Lukewarm; returns result
Deadline Guide: While you are alive, the day deadline will be set at 2 weeks. If you are eliminated, the elimination deadline will no longer be clear. Instead of a set 2 week day phase, the deadline will be a randomly selected hour between the 1 week and 2 week mark with equal distribution, and the elimination will be decided on plurality if the deadline is reached. The randomly selected time will not be public knowledge, and votecounts will count down to the 1 week mark at which point the day could end at any hour.

DGB chooses Splat, so daystart is fun

Titus neighbourises LLD

SSBM tracks Dunnstral - Returns result
Dunnstral visited DGB

Accusation from Beyond vote is on ManateeGal

Dunnstral kills DGB

ManateeGal compulsively vigs Titus

Spoiler: Night 2
GIF returns

Whemestar rolecops cabd; gets a really garbage result:
You rolecop Cabd, with the following result:
Informed [DATA CORRUPTED]

Informed: REDACTED
[DATA CORRUPTED]

SSBM Kyouko tracks Kate Bishop- gets result "Kate Bishop did not visit anyone"
Kate Bishop reflexively neighbourises SSBM Kyouko (noting that the way I have worded the PM means it's not targeting)

LLD kills Whemestar

Spoiler: Night 3
SSBM Kyouko tracks Kate Bishop- gets result "Kate Bishop did not visit anyone"

LLD kills Kate Bishop

Dunnstral crier post:
G_F _s ly_ng. 150 ch_r_ct_r d__d cr__r.

N1 pow_r unknown.

N1 g_m_ _s corr_ct but G_F _s not _n d__d thr__d. N2 g_m_ _s cl__m_d by G_F _s m_d_ up.

-T_tus

Spoiler: Lukewarm Message to LLD
From the dead thread - via Luke

I won Game 3 in the dead thread, and my prize was a 1 shot messenger ability (this message). I told the dead thread what I won, and me and notty both wrote messages for you.

----------Message from Notty
this is notty. You left me the worst fucking site skin (sepia) on berserker, you yelled at me and bell for our play in Yggdrasil, I asked you a few months ago about your alters favorite Pokémon and they are as follows-

talonflame Niamh
umbreon aisling
lycanroc rhea
galarian rapidash Rhiannon

Cabd is lying. Dunn was the one who wrote that post. SSBM was in our hood yesterday crumbed in our ISO posts (5024), and us in her (5013). To fact check this, you can also ask her about my comments about when Cabd chose to show up and post. The answer is when you (LLD) showed up.

Giffy is telling the truth. The challenge was not battleship, it was some scavenger hunt bullshit. I also think 5115 from Cabd is a scumslip, as they talked about how Dunn was the one who played Night 1. It wasn’t revealed until after Giffy left the isekai thread.

--------Message from Luke

The last scum is Cabd, he has scum claimed from the pov of the dead chat. Gif told the truth about the nightly games/dead chat. Cabd lied. Plus the message from "Titus" actually came from Dunn, who won game 2 (the guess how people vote on)

Game 3 was actually a game where we had to do a scavenger hunt. It was 40 questions, winner was who ever did it fastest with penalties for incorrect answers -- it was hard, and VERY unfun. I hated it. But, I won it anyways, and I won a 1 shot messenger to a living player, and you just turned into town leader with that hammer test, so it goes to you. It took me like an hour and a half to do. Gamma said that it took him 3 hours x.x
Wheme said that he did it, but did not post his time. idk about Dunn. No town players except for me and wheme were posting anything at all in the dead thread at the time.

Game 4 shouldn't matter, because the game should end, but it has to do with those questions the mod asked in post 5081. Each player gets to pick a living player, then guess how they answer. Each one you get right is a point. We could cheese this game using this message. All you would need to do is PM the mod and say you are skipping questions 1-10, and then answer Final Fantasy Unlimited for question 11. Guarantees a win for me.

Again, Game 4 should not matter at all though, because the game should end right now.

Cabd is the last scum. He has scum claimed by going along with the "Titus"/Dunn message, and lying about the 3rd game.

------------

Okay -- confirming that GIF was in the dead thread.

Dunn asked GiF who he thought the last scum was. Ask Gif how he answered.

Gif said that it was probably me (luke). Ask gif how dunn responded.

Dunn thanked him because now he could guess that gif was going to vote for me (luke). Ask GiF how he responed

Giff said that he was welcome.

Okay. That should confirm that Gif was in the dead thread

-----

Okay, trying to convince you that I am me. Well, I still think your scum read on me was lazy -- but also, we had a chat in the post game of a newbie game (that I was not even in) about why you like to popcorn pr/vt claims in the newbie game setup, you asked me if I wanted to talk to you more about it in discord, and I said no. we should do it in thread so that if I ever tried to lead town into doing it, I could point to that conversation.

idk if that does it, I have never had to do this before

The last scum is Cabd. 100% -- everything about that battle ship game was a lie.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5365 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:36 am

Post by jjh927 »

Okay that should be everything but let me know if there is anything I have not revealed about this game that ought to be.

If you're in one of the currently unopened private topics, please let me know if you want any redactions or not asap- if you were dead and therefore removed from the topic in question, I have readded you so you can look through it.

In terms of setup I am now glad I can reveal a variety of nonsense about the game design. I'll start by saying that this game was art, and that it was not conceived by remotely normal means. I did a lot of the design on paper and took my sweet time typing things up because I kept changing things. The setup is designed in such a way that there aren't a huge number of moving pieces, however any given piece in the game grates together against other pieces. The presence, or the non-presence following its removal, of any role in the game will have a significant effect on how at least one other role in the game functions. It is a gestalt design, conceived by being able to link things together. What took me so long was that I kept changing things on paper to make the links better when I should have been typing up the game.

Another quirk of game design was that I tried to be as removed from everything as possible, which is another reason for the paper design. Kerset was the only real mafiascum based source of inspiration for this game when I popped into the setup thread to feed stuff in. I definitely drew on previous mafia games that I've modded for some things, but did so from memory rather than by looking at the games themselves. This was to get more of an isekai feel- I wanted an abnormal game, rather than thinking primarily within the constraints of already designed roles. This leads on to the final, and most important violation of the assumptions you probably made about this game:

I did no research for any role PMs in this game, aside from watching half of Final Fantasy Unlimited (which I later finished while the game was ongoing. Really not a great anime though). In other words, I have seen every anime I produced a role PM from in this game. This does mean as a result that the flavour is closer to "jjh927's impression of an isekai character based on the anime" than it is "the isekai character", which is kinda why rule 15 existed and why you had that meta section rather than the conventional character flavour stuff where I would give details you already know about the character you picked.

But yeah, that should be that. Feel free to go party or riot or whatever; the game is over now. I thought it was pretty great though
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #5366 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:37 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Haha I did not deserve this
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5367 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:42 am

Post by jjh927 »

If anyone wants to do the scavenger hunt let me know

You will probably need to give yourself a fairly sizable amount of time to do it although the intended length™ was ~1 hour with good google skills or isekai knowledge
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5368 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:54 am

Post by marcistar »

:(
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5369 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:58 am

Can I just say that making a trans female character into an agentless worse than vanilla townie because you couldn't be arsed to do even an instant of research is a really shitty thing to do when you advertise a upick game, when you gave 2 male characters hyper OP overloaded kits?

Like DGB and Toog's male characters got so much power and I got to be a less than worthless after thought.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5370 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5367, jjh927 wrote:If anyone wants to do the scavenger hunt let me know

You will probably need to give yourself a fairly sizable amount of time to do it although the intended length™ was ~1 hour with good google skills or isekai knowledge
I would not wish this experience on my worst enemy x.x
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5371 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:03 am

Post by jjh927 »

That being said I'm going to bed now

For when LLD gets in the thread-
I did not give up on this without trying, however in the end I was not particularly confident in my ability to tastefully tackle gender identity in a mafia role PM, so I gave up on including this aspect of Katia's character. I suspect you probably also wanted more of the light novel characterisation to be reflected in the role PM, however I'd set out on this game to use anime flavour only. One change I did consider was that dying might also clear the brainwashing and make you come back to life immediately without flip, but I think that would have significantly townsided things and my changes at the end were explicitly to move the balance towards scum.

PEdit: Ah, she got in before I posted this
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5372 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Although it might not be so bad, if there are not steaks to it. I felt like me doing food or bad could be the difference in the game (and ik the end, I think me winning was a factor in melo). So it was STRESSFUL. And took over an hour. So it was over an hour of pure stress.

Might not be that way if you're just doing it for shits and giggles
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5373 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Kate Bishop »

GG all! Thanks for the game JJH!

~f
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5374 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Kate Bishop »

Also, we have no redactions for our neighborhood. I know there was a redaction that Kyouko wanted, but there might be other stuff, too.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”