jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5375 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:37 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 5369, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Can I just say that making a trans female character into an agentless worse than vanilla townie because you couldn't be arsed to do even an instant of research is a really shitty thing to do when you advertise a upick game, when you gave 2 male characters hyper OP overloaded kits?

Like DGB and Toog's male characters got so much power and I got to be a less than worthless after thought.
I don't think that's a fair assessment. You got a negative utility role but it was not an afterthought. I put more time thinking about what I could do for Katia than for any other role in the game because I did understand that to some extent in picking only Katia you were requesting that I somehow translate a complicated portrayal of gender identity to a mafia role.

Regarding DGB and Toogeloo's roles; I can't really attest as to whether I have any subconscious bias there because if I do it's subconscious and this is highly subjective stuff. That being said, I have checked over the setup again and I do not think I have favoured male characters over female characters in role PM creation.

One thing I do apologise for is the indication that this game could approach lolbalance when I put it in signups, as I think the design here is simply a highly unorthodox but well balanced game where there isn't actually a huge amount of power floating around. With lolbalance you would expect high power creating high swing. You expected as a result of this to receive a powerful role to go with a character that you feel strongly about, however you ended up with negative utility. I understand how that can be jarring and I'm sorry for dashing your expectations in this way.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5376 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I can't help but feel like I'm the reason my team lost, given I was swapped for Pooky in Chromatic Ascension and they won pretty squarely
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5377 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Cabd »

The game changing moment had nothing to do with you, it was the track on Dunn that had stuff fall apart.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5378 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

that wouldn't have happened if I'd not tried so hard to commandeer the night plan tho
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5379 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:59 am

Post by T3 »

btw i replaced out pregame because school was starting and based on the pl i was worried i wouldn't be able to keep up
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5380 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Oh I tried to get knight Chartreuse on Chromatic, also yes @mod could you redact that one area that I marked for redaction? I'll put the post# in the hood
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5381 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

PMed redaction since hood is locked

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5382 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

what are you redacting Kyouko? Nothing game related I hope, something personal right?

cause if it's a game thing redacting it would be kind of bad
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5383 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5376, Gamma Emerald wrote:I can't help but feel like I'm the reason my team lost, given I was swapped for Pooky in Chromatic Ascension and they won pretty squarely
Completely different game
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5384 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Sorry for the replace out. I was a bit in tears that night and having a moment. I could have handled things better.
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5385 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

I'm really sorry the game had so much effect on you, toog. I wish I had pushed harder about your meta. :/
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5386 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

LETS GO WE WON GOOD JOB TEAM

THIS WAS A REALLY FUN GAME THANKS JJH

ps I can’t believe I thought my role gave allugnment I almost threw
Im a dog that quacks
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5387 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah that was a massive error on the mod’s side
ROLE COP NEVER DIRECTLY RETURNS ALIGNMENT. The only alignment revelation involved with rolecop should be implicit by revealing fake claims or finding alignment-limited roles.
<Embrace The Void>

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5388 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

What could my role have done, since I never got to use it?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5389 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Nah, now that it's over, let me clarify what happened.

I was going full shitpost by the time I was exiting the game. I was extremely frustrated at the death tunnel and people just signing off their votes. My wagon had two scum, so I get it. I wanted to expand my shit posting technique, so I created a topic asking about how to post images in general chat.

Pooky made a post there that I completely misinterpreted. I called him out in PMs, but I was offended. In hindsight, I can completely see the other way to read his reply, but in the moment, I only interpreted his comment as an attack on me.

I was in tears, I replaced out of all my commitments, I was in full crash mode. Pooky talked to me afterwards, and I couldn't stop crying, because I felt like I had dragged him through the mud while I was throwing a mental hissy fit.

I think it was just a perfect storm of raw emotion and I had a small breakdown, but honestly, talking with Pooky in PMs helped me more than just walking away. It was still a good idea that I replaced out, and I give Titus all my love and thanks for trying to carry my slot through the rest of the way.

I want to apologize to anyone else I might have offended in the game.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5390 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 5382, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:what are you redacting Kyouko? Nothing game related I hope, something personal right?

One part of my read on Luke. It turned out to be wrong obviously, but I dont want him to try to replicate it intentionally as scum in the future to appear town to me

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5391 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I wasnt going to share it if I couldn't redact it, as I felt my case was solid enough without it.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5392 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:58 pm

In post 5390, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 5382, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:what are you redacting Kyouko? Nothing game related I hope, something personal right?

One part of my read on Luke. It turned out to be wrong obviously, but I dont want him to try to replicate it intentionally as scum in the future to appear town to me
That's not something you should be allowed to redact? Like if it was a game relevant information this time, you can't just remove info from a semi public location.

It's one thing for a scum team not to want a PT release but a neighborhood redaction?

I dunno

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5393 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:59 pm

But you did share it, with the other person in the neighbourhood right

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5394 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 5388, DrippingGoofball wrote:What could my role have done, since I never got to use it?
The mod posted it in the post with all of our roles-

-Momon - (Create a false identity) - This will make the user ascetic for the phase. If they would die, instead there will be a 'fake' flip of Momon, who was Pandora's Actor, and the player will not be dead.
-Splat - (Show your strength) - The start of the next day phase will not begin as normal. Instead, all players will be asked to submit a vote via PM for an additional elim before the day starts. The mafia thread will be locked for this.
-Sasuga Ainz Sama - (Just as planned) - The start of the next day phase will not begin as normal. Instead, all players will be asked to submit a vote via PM for who they think the elim will be in this day phase. Any players who choose correctly will get a hood.
-Swords of Darkness – (Making friends) – At the start of the day Ainz will receive a Day X 1-Shot Neighbouriser Combined Recursive Inventor: During day X, you may PM the mod targeting a player to add them to a neighbourhood and simultaneously grant them a usage of this ability. Any player using this ability will add their target to the same topic. If Unwnd is alive, Unwnd will be added to the PT regardless of who is initially targeted.

The one you used gave us the vote that caught scum super off guard on the awful manatee wagon, so you did succeed!

Good game, you genuinely were my favorite poster day one.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5395 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5394, notscience wrote:-Swords of Darkness – (Making friends) – At the start of the day Ainz will receive a Day X 1-Shot Neighbouriser Combined Recursive Inventor: During day X, you may PM the mod targeting a player to add them to a neighbourhood and simultaneously grant them a usage of this ability. Any player using this ability will add their target to the same topic. If Unwnd is alive, Unwnd will be added to the PT regardless of who is initially targeted.
That was in Radio Buzz as well LMFAO
<Embrace The Void>

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5396 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 5384, Toogeloo wrote:Sorry for the replace out. I was a bit in tears that night and having a moment. I could have handled things better.
Ah, I'm sorry to hear this.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Kate Bishop
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Kate Bishop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5397 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Kate Bishop »

In post 5392, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

That's not something you should be allowed to redact? Like if it was a game relevant information this time, you can't just remove info from a semi public location.

It's one thing for a scum team not to want a PT release but a neighborhood redaction?

I dunno
She asked JJH if it could be redacted before she posted, and she wouldn't have posted it if the answer was no.

I'm of the opinion that PT redactions happen too frequently in MS games and I wish that there was a sitewide standard regarding them.

In this case, since she asked first and was assured she could redact, I don't think it's fair to take her to task about it.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #5398 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:32 pm

In post 5397, Kate Bishop wrote:
In post 5392, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

I dunno
She asked JJH if it could be redacted before she posted, and she wouldn't have posted it if the answer was no.

I'm of the opinion that PT redactions happen too frequently in MS games and I wish that there was a sitewide standard regarding them.

In this case, since she asked first and was assured she could redact, I don't think it's fair to take her to task about it.
I wasn't aware that was a thing she asked for prior to it. Yeah I mean, at that point it's an issue I have with the mod not the player.

Don't mean to lay into anyone, just digging at this.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #5399 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 5376, Gamma Emerald wrote:I can't help but feel like I'm the reason my team lost, given I was swapped for Pooky in Chromatic Ascension and they won pretty squarely
that seems unfair

you played pretty well in this game.

i think cabd is just more op when he gets to play incog
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”