False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3625 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3616, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Has good and accurate reads / Is good at convincing others to their cause / is able to obvtown
Choose one! (You will suck at everything else)
I mean I'm consistently #3 but I switch between 1/2 fairly often and the two are often directly correlated--when I'm accurate I'm not listened to; when I'm listened to I'm not accurate.

(I did my best to weaponize it tho this game. Used the tunnels on town to try and deliberately set up a gamestate where all the scum immediately died. Kinda sad I chose the wrong vote in T3/Datisi in the last day but technically speaking, I achieved the goal I set out to with three consecutive scum eliminations. :shifty: )
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #3626 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That would be an inverse correlation
Also have you attempted to out-meta yourself by re-evaluating when people are going with your reads?
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3627 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3626, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also have you attempted to out-meta yourself by re-evaluating when people are going with your reads?
Oh I do that all the time, just behind the scenes usually. I mention it when it becomes relevant. (I often feel that, even if I am tunneling on town, that is not necessarily a bad thing for the game. I know it sounds like it always would be, but I've got a methodology behind when, where, and why I tunnel. So even if I am aware I am tunneling and being followed and that the person I am tunneling is probably town, I've often reasons for not specifying that/backing out. But it HAS happened before, where I felt the need to back out of the tunnel and explained why. I realize tunneling is incredibly frustrating regardless of the alignment I tunnel on, but I often feel the pros outweigh the cons.)

I have, publicly, stated the reevaluation and accompanying reversal on occasion, but it's something that I only bring up if I feel there is a need to bring it up.

(The way my mind works is insanely complicated. I am always, always thinking about every possible alignment for every player, with every post being made, and thinking about every scumteam possible. Always doubting, always unsure, always without direction. So I bluff, pretend I'm more sure than I am, exaggerate, downplay, try to focus on the things which look more likely given what I know, and so to speak, cut down the workload. It helps my sanity, it helps me stay in games, it helps me always produce useful content, even when I'm wrong, and it's something easy for me to obvtown doing but hard for me to do as scum convincingly. So I try to get the most out of what amounts to me being lazy, cutting corners, and not being fully/truly honest to myself. I never lie, but when I say I'm 95% certain on something, it's probably closer to half that.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3628 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by mastina »

(On that note, since I've been explaining my methodology and how what I post is not nearly all of what goes through my brain, I'm kinda sorta waiting for the day where I'm doing my normal tunnel routine and then someone asks me to humor them and make a post or a few where I am 100% completely honest, true to myself, and lay out all of my thoughts and go into things legitimately as they naturally would be. For a short while, I'd humor them. Wouldn't want to do it longterm tho. This is more or less what you'd have been in for had I been wrong on D3 since I was dead serious with my promise--I CAN in fact, not tunnel in games. All it takes is unleashing my 100% completely honest true to myself play. I just really fucking
hate
doing that longterm because I feel so worthless, directionless, and deadweight when I employ that longterm.)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #3629 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3623, Aristeia wrote:
In post 3607, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3604, Aristeia wrote:when you get attacked as town you become incredibly spammy/obnoxious/mean

when you get attacked as scum you stop talking/sulk/wait for death
He used to be that way but I’m pretty sure he’s changed
I mean when I accused him of being scum this game he immediately ran to a "volume meta-tell/trust-tell defense of himself" and said "scum!him doesn't look at all the same".

Until I see him burn his meta-tell in a scum!game it's more or less a hardtell that he's town.
in Open Draft Mafia he pretty much definitively burned the Belltell
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3630 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3616, NorwegianboyEE wrote:The mafia player rand:

Has good and accurate reads / Is good at convincing others to their cause / is able to obvtown

Choose one! (You will suck at everything else)
I'm just 3 and it makes my scum game super easy to spot. Shoshin hammered this home in a mini theme like 2 years ago and instead of getting better at scum my whole plan was to make my towngame shit and push it as a meta shift.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #3631 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Titus »

I was right on T3.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3632 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 3631, Titus wrote:I was right on T3.
Yeah… it’s not that impressive when your whole deal was that two townies + one mafia totally made sense as an team and voted for the town in the group.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3633 (ISO) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 647, Dwlee99 wrote:Norwee is correctly reading me when if he was scum I think he could have pushed me, T3 seems "sorty" this game.
Tbf my defense of t3 was this :dead:
I prefer they, thanks :)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3634 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Remember when T3 scumslipped and then you yeeted us instead

That was funny
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3635 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Only you believed me :(