Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Welcome to Mini Theme 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia

Moderator: penguin_alien
Reviewed by: Morning Tweet and Cephrir
Back-Up Mod: Syryana

Game State Information

Spoiler: Not Yet Disappeared (Living Players)
Color Orange played by: Gamma Emerald
Color Yellow**# played by: Radical Rat, replaced by fferyllt
Color Green# played by Marashu, replaced by Cabd
Color Blue played by: PookyTheMagicalBear
Color Purple played by: RH9
Arrow Shape played by: Bell, replaced by Titus, replaced by MathBlade
Diamond Shape played by: Ydrasse
Pentagon Shape played by: Nancy Drew 39
Star Shape*# played by: Roden, replaced by DArby
Triangle Shape* played by: Flea the Magician

* = prodded; # = replaced

Spoiler: Pared Down (Dead Players)
Heart Shape, eliminated Day One, aligned with the
Mafia
and played by: Galron
Circle Shape, killed Night One, aligned with the
Town
and played by: catboi
Color Red, eliminated Day Two, aligned with the
Mafia
and played by: Toogeloo, replaced by MegAzumarill
Color Yellow, eliminated Day Three, aligned with the
Mafia
and played by: fferyllt

Spoiler: Drove the au pair to despair (Modkilled Players)
none, and let's keep it that way

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs:
Town:

Welcome to Role-A-Pair Mafia! You are aligned with the
TOWN

You win when all Mafia-aligned players are removed from the game and at least one town player remains alive.

Mafia:

Welcome to Role-A-Pair Mafia! You are aligned with the
MAFIA

You share an alignment with Player X and Player Y. You may communicate at any time in this PT.

During the Night phase, you and your partners may choose a player to target with your factional kill and decide who will carry out the kill. This information should be submitted in bold in your Mafia PT. I will accept the most recent choice in the PT for both kill target and killer.

You win when you outnumber the Town-aligned players or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Modifier:

You are a Modifier. You will enter a Pairing with a Power player before the start of Phase Two and proceed as per the game rules. Confirm as specified in the game's rule set.

Power:

You are a Power. You will either enter a Pairing with a Modifier player before the start of Phase Two or become the 'odd player out' and proceed as per the game rules. Confirm as specified in the game's rule set.
Last edited by penguin_alien on Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 14 times in total.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Game-specific rules and information:

1) There is one anti-town faction in this game: a three-player Mafia.
2) Players will receive a role PM before the game starts informing them only of their alignment, win condition, and whether they are a Modifier or Power. There are six Modifiers (Colors) and seven Powers (Shapes) in the game. Flavor is random and unrelated to role content. They will receive their account names and passwords at this point.
3)
IMPORTANT: This is an anonymous game. If you post from any account in any game threads aside from the provided alias, you will be force-replaced. If you post using your provided alias in any other thread on site, you will be force-replaced.

3) Day One will have two seven-day Phases. All subsequent days will consist of a single seven-day Day. Phase One will be for pairings to form as follows:
* Players may post in the game thread in bold
PAIR: penguin_alien
at any point during this phase. If two players pair with one another as their most recent choices in the game thread, they will be considered paired and unable to pair with anyone else. Only Modifier-Power pairings will be valid; anything else will not count.
* Any players who are not paired by the end of Phase One will be paired at the scum team's discretion in a special 24 hour phase (Phase One Point Five).
* One Power will be left unpaired at the beginning of Phase Two. This player's Power will be converted into a limited one-time use of a Delayer Implementation. They will choose a Pair before the end of Phase Two whose Power implementation will be Delayed upon submission by one Night for the rest of the game (actions submitted on Night X will resolve on Night X+1 but will still be potentially impacted only by actions made by others on Night X). This will be done via private communication with the mod. If they are eliminated Day One or choose not to use their Power, no Pair will be Delayed.
Phase Two will be a standard day elimination phase.
5) All eliminated or killed players will be flipped with alignment information only. The usernames used to sign up for the game will only be revealed at the end of the game. They will be revealed at that point.
6) Pairing PTs will open at the start of Night One and remain open for the remainder of the game so long as both players are alive. All Night Phases will be two days/48 hours. Each paired player will be sent a PM informing them of their partner's Power or Modifier. The player will not be informed of their own Power or Modifier.
7) There may be duplicates of some Powers and Modifiers in the game.
8) No Powers may self-target. They may target the Modifier in their own pair.
9) All Modifiers will only apply to the Power of the partner. Specifically, Modifiers will not be applied to the factional killing action.
10) In order to submit an action, each member of a Pair must post their target choice in the shared PT. If the most recent target choices from each are not the same at the end of the night phase, no Power will be used.
11) All night actions derived from Powers will be considered to be used by the player in the Pair with the Power, not the player with the Modifier. If either half of a Pair is killed or eliminated, the Power will no longer be active in the game.
12) Confirm receipt of your role PM with your favorite color. Yes, this is annoying, but the rules are weird enough here that I want people reading them before we start.
13) Eliminations will happen via standard mechanics as outlined in the general rules. There is no Loverization between Paired players in this game.
14) All Night actions (Powers and factional) must be submitted via PT.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

General Rules and Information

General Behavioral Expectations:
• All site-wide rules are to be followed. Loophole hunting is not appreciated.
• Personal attacks on any basis are prohibited. Excessive vulgarity will also be stomped upon. When in doubt, err on the side of being civil and respectful.
***If you feel someone has crossed a line into a personal attack, or if you are concerned about another player's mental state, contact the mod immediately. Do not escalate in the game thread. I'm not interested in the gamestate becoming toxic.
• Play to your win condition. Gambits, yes; trying to sabotage your faction, no.
• Do not discuss this game anywhere outside the game thread and designated PTs. Do not discuss ongoing games in any spaces for this game. When in doubt, ask the mod before posting or just don't do it.

Game Play, Voting, Eliminating, and Night Actions:
• Do not quote mod communications anywhere in the thread. That includes role PMs and PM exchanges with the mod.
This is my bolded color
(#FF8000) so do not use it for any purposes, particularly impersonating me.
• If you see errors in the vote count or other administrivia, you may PM me or post in the thread (using the bold tag and '@Mod') requesting a fix.
• Claiming to be an anti-town player sharing an alignment with another living player in the game is a modkillable offense regardless of one's actual alignment or whether the statement was intended to be taken seriously.
• When placing a vote, it is not necessary to unvote first or to put your vote on a new line. However, votes must be submitted in bold like this:
VOTE: penguin_alien
or like this: VOTE: penguin_alien or like this:
VOTE: PA
. I will accept any votes in these formats so long as I can tell the intended target from the abbreviation used. If I think it's a vote, it's a vote.
• Eliminations (or decisions to no-Elim) require a majority of the votes in play.
• No cryptography is permitted. Do not use temporary information (signature, avatar, etc.) to convey game information.
• Discussion may continue in twilight.
• All factional decisions must either be agreed upon by all living members of that faction or be resolved as outlined for that faction. Action control may be proxy'd to another player in your PT by PMing the mod or posting your permission therein.
• Once you are killed, do not post in the game thread. This includes ‘Bah!’ posts.
• Game actions must posted in bold in the appropriate PTs with the exception of any action taken by the Delayer. If you know you will be V/LA during the night phase, you may post a night action choice in your PT in advance.
• There exists the possibility of mod errors or disagreements about mod decisions. Unless overridden by list/site mods, my decisions are final. You may take it up with me post-game should you so choose.

Activity Parameters and Mod Communication:
• Prods will be sent out by PM to players who have not posted within the past 48 hours. Players receiving prods have 24 hours to post before I will start looking for a replacement. If the day ends before you can respond in-thread, you must PM me within the allotted time. Don't prodge; you know what I'm talking about.
• Three prods in one game day phase or four prods overall will result in my replacing you.
• If the site had downtime of more than three hours, time will be added to the relevant deadlines to compensate equal to that lost to the downtime.
• While you are welcome to post about any issues that arise in the thread (use bold to get my attention, please) you may also PM me concerning any problems. Use your best judgment here, and I will endeavor to do the same. Questions may be answered publicly if it is something the full game should know. It is likely questions will be answered with "I will not answer that". This also applies to issues with me or my modding or other players. I do not fix tags or formatting issues in non-mod game posts.
• If you go on V/LA, please PM me.
• Night phases will always run their full allotted time unless all living players PM me or post in a PT that they are ready for the night phase to end.
• Alterations to these rules will be announced in-thread and PMed to all players in the event they become necessary either due to unforeseen circumstances or my own oversights.
• There will be no redactions permitted in any PTs containing more than one player slot.

Violations of these rules will result in a warning for a first offense and a potential forced-replacement or modkill for subsequent offenses depending on circumstances. I reserve the right to skip the warning for particularly willful or egregious violations.

Modkills will happen in a way to punish the player's faction as far as timing and phase progression is concerned. These will only happen after consultations with the listmods. A modkilled player will become a neutral survivor.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Anonymous account information and passwords have been PM'd. Let me know by PM if you didn't receive it or if you're having issues logging into it.

Role PMs should be in the account inboxes. Again, let me know by PM if yours is missing.

Please confirm as specified in your role PM. I will only accept confirmations done correctly.

The game will start in (expired on 2021-11-18 13:13:27) or upon receiving all confirmations, whichever happens later.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Addendum: you may also change the time zone in your anonymous account. I mistakenly thought that was visible information to other forum members. But that's it.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:21 am

Post by penguin_alien »

The game will start in the next eight hours, but possibly not right at the countdown. I need to get to my computer to get it going and finish administrative touches that got interrupted last night by toddler with nightmares, and now there's an eight foot tall ladder in front of my office desk and I don't know when it'll be gone. Yes, it's been one of those days.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:58 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Day One Phase One starts now!

[insert flavor later]

Pairing status:

Pairings: None

UnPaired: Color Red, Color Orange, Color Yellow, Color Green, Color Blue, Color Purple, Arrow Shape, Circle Shape, Diamond Shape, Heart Shape, Pentagon Shape, Star Shape, Triangle Shape

Day One Phase One ends in (expired on 2021-11-25 16:57:53)
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Color Purple »

Hey everybody,

I wish that you all are beginning to settle into this venture.
Words cannot express how excited it is to be able to get to share this journey with you all.
I will be busy on weekdays so I will be mainly be contributing in my free time at home.
I will still be reading the game and attempting to follow along.
And a question to all, what do you think of players who have unusual posting patterns? For example, posting near midnight, writing in an unorderly fashion, you name it.

Hoping for the best and for Fortuna, the semptiternal vanquisher of scum, to be amongst us,
Color Purple
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Color Purple »

Let's get pairing! I will start.
PAIR: Circle Shape
, one of my favourite shapes.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Color Green »

Is it better for us to let town or scum be unpaired? Discuss.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Circle Shape »

finally a theme game based on the best Foo Fighters album

naturally time to post a song off it

Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Color Green »

In post 7, Color Purple wrote: And a question to all, what do you think of players who have unusual posting patterns? For example, posting near midnight, writing in an unorderly fashion, you name it.
What do posting patterns have to do with alignment? Especially in an anonymous game, with anonymous time zones?
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 8, Color Purple wrote:Let's get pairing! I will start.
PAIR: Circle Shape
, one of my favourite shapes.
well thats a surprise

i suppose pairs not being loverized means its not quite as big a deal to pair early

and i think lol-pairing is >rand town

but theres something that makes me hesitate that i cant quite put words to
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 9, Color Green wrote:Is it better for us to let town or scum be unpaired? Discuss.
the delayer power seems to be almost entirely pro-scum

i dont see a town benefit in having it

ideally the unpaired player is the day 1 lim because otherwise youre breaking up a pair and taking a pr out of the game before it has a chance to be used

but ive seen how these games go

and you dont really have control over who pairs with who

if someone pairs with a scummy scumfuck who is obvious that doesnt mean you should lim them because of prs or whatever
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Color Green »

In post 13, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 9, Color Green wrote:Is it better for us to let town or scum be unpaired? Discuss.
the delayer power seems to be almost entirely pro-scum

i dont see a town benefit in having it

ideally the unpaired player is the day 1 lim because otherwise youre breaking up a pair and taking a pr out of the game before it has a chance to be used

but ive seen how these games go

and you dont really have control over who pairs with who

if someone pairs with a scummy scumfuck who is obvious that doesnt mean you should lim them because of prs or whatever
So my reasoning was, if town gets it, they can choose not to trigger it because it's non-compulsive. But if the person who sits out is also the D1 elim, then it's either we lose a townie and we don't have a delayed PR, or we get rid of one scum at the cost of a delayed PR. I can get behind that.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Color Blue »

I have townpings from Circle and mild scumvibes off Purple's entrance.

I am looking for a partner with a great taste in music and also hopefully very active.

Must like long walks and have a great sense of humor.

Also preferably of town alignment because I don't need to be pocketed in a PT that would not be fun.
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Heart Shape »

So if I'm reading this right, to be paired, the other has to reciprocate the pairing, right?
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Heart Shape »

I like long walks, but my sense of humor kek
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Color Blue »

yup both sides have to want to pair!
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Color Red »

In post 13, Circle Shape wrote:if someone pairs with a scummy scumfuck who is obvious that doesnt mean you should lim them because of prs or whatever
It should be noted that partnering with a scummy scumfuck still allows the you to essentially Roleblock the PR since both parties must agree to use the ability.

In regards to pairing, I want to be picky with my partner. As a modifier, I feel it's my right to be so since powers need me and not the other way around.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Color Yellow »

Ideally we would leave scum out of the pairs. Having a delayed PR is bad, but denying scum a PR is worth the tradeoff imo.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 7, Color Purple wrote:And a question to all, what do you think of players who have unusual posting patterns? For example, posting near midnight, writing in an unorderly fashion, you name it.
Picking out midnight posting is very strange to me; we don't know anyone's schedules or timezones, so how would we even judge something like that? Why would it matter even if we could?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Color Orange »

I feel like I'd rather leave a town unpaired because even if delayer is anti-town, I'd rather have it in town's hands. I think a good strategy might be to never use it until 2 scum are dead?
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 7, Color Purple wrote:And a question to all, what do you think of players who have unusual posting patterns? For example, posting near midnight, writing in an unorderly fashion, you name it.
This feels a bit fishy.
Diamond Shape
Diamond Shape
Townie
Diamond Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by Diamond Shape »

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”