Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:39 am

Post by Color Green »

In post 1074, Color Yellow wrote:
In post 671, Color Orange wrote:
In post 574, Heart Shape wrote:I guess with five unpaird there probably is scum in there, but I'm not sure I have a preference as far as who should get the delay. If scum get it, I don't know if that's a terrible thing when we don't know what the powers even are yet.
This feels like town.
I take back my comment about having a similar approach.

Green, did you expect your first post to get such a reaction?
I didn't particularly think anything about it one way or the other. Things needing saying so they got said.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:49 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 699, Color Orange wrote:I’ll be open to your input going forward. I just think sharing a PT would not be fun for me.

I’ll post up some quickly hashed out reads and then sign off for the night.

Colors:

Orange (obviously.)
Purple (actively solving, pretty simple.)
Red (thoughts in certain places feel genuine.)
Green (thought process of the current occupant feels erratic which is bothersome but not actually scummy after thinking about it. Not really a strong impression there otherwise.)
Yellow (seems a bit suspicious solely for pairing and then not bothering to provide any content for the rest of the pairing phase.)
Blue (I don’t recall exactly what I do not like here but I definitely feel like I had tangible enough suspicion here to rank Blue lower than everyone else among the colors.)
I disagree on Blue. I've felt they and Purple are comparable in a lot of ways. Blue seems more experienced and more eccentric, but their desire to have fun playing the game feels +town, and they also feel actively solving. I was delighted with the Blue-Circle pairing. Power couple.

Shapes:
Arrow/Circle (both pretty much have the same general profile of having hood solving mindsets and town-looking reactions to certain things.)
Diamond (I feel like the outburst earlier is a towny exhibition of emotion. It did not seem like there was manipulation involved.)
Triangle (seems invested to some degree at least. Want to see more, for sure.)
Heart (I recall being pinged by something I saw from Heart so he ranks lower than Triangle which is essentially my null point. But I cannot recall what it was without looking back so it’s clearly not strong enough to rank any lower.)
Pentagon (I don’t feel as bad about Pentagon as I did back during the think of our interaction but she still bothers me somewhat.)
Star (the play of the new occupant of this slot feels all over the place, in a way that I feel less charitable towards than what new Green has been doing. But there’s room for that to change and I also should probably factor in the first occupant as well before sending this.)
I agree the new Star feels a little more scattered. My situation is different, but I can sympathize with replacing in at a point where pairing options have drastically narrowed. You don't think a scum player in that position would make wooing you a priority?

Your null line suggests to me that you're careful with townreading. Am I off-base thinking that?
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:30 am

Post by Color Green »

Heart has completely given up just end it.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 708, Color Green wrote:
In post 573, Heart Shape wrote:I admit I didn't read every word but I didn't get much out of ORange v Pentagon
other than the obvious they're not TvS.
This then gets immediately dropped but...

A: How is that "obvious"
B: If you're ruling T-S out somehow, why not do partner analysis to sort between S-S/T-T?

It's a throwaway statement that shows a mindset of not actually caring, and I'm gonna bet that it's because they're T-T but subconsciously Heart avoided closing the door entirely with a committed read.
This is a good catch. When I read the statement I wondered if Heart had said anything later about the other possible alignments.
In post 709, Color Green wrote:Also I lied I have a third scum read but only if red flips red.

In post 19, Color Red wrote:
In post 13, Circle Shape wrote:if someone pairs with a scummy scumfuck who is obvious that doesnt mean you should lim them because of prs or whatever
It should be noted that partnering with a scummy scumfuck still allows the you to essentially Roleblock the PR since both parties must agree to use the ability.

In regards to pairing, I want to be picky with my partner. As a modifier, I feel it's my right to be so since powers need me and not the other way around.
In post 20, Color Yellow wrote:Ideally we would leave scum out of the pairs. Having a delayed PR is bad, but denying scum a PR is worth the tradeoff imo.
In post 21, Color Yellow wrote:
In post 7, Color Purple wrote:And a question to all, what do you think of players who have unusual posting patterns? For example, posting near midnight, writing in an unorderly fashion, you name it.
Picking out midnight posting is very strange to me; we don't know anyone's schedules or timezones, so how would we even judge something like that? Why would it matter even if we could?

"Town walk into a thread with fresh eyes, Scum walk into a thread having already talked amongst themselves" -something like that, Thor, a long time ago.

No quote-introduction-etc to red, but one to purple.
This sort of explains your approach to me when I replaced in. Your antagonism stood out against other players' apathy about waiting for me to get caught up.
In post 723, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 716, Triangle Shape wrote:
In post 645, Star Shape wrote:
In post 320, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 278, Color Purple wrote:And Triangle, don't take this badly. I am not asking you to be like Yellow, but avoid using people's names and avatars as reasons why they are scum.
They’re obviously trolling with that. lol
So here's the thing: I don't trust trolls. They're too much of a liability and if I don't come up with a slot that feels more scum, I would want to push tri anyway

then again I'm only skimming tonight so I don't have anything real yet to produce.
lol omgus cnfrmd.
Now this read may actually be valid since I didn’t particularly care for their interactions with Orange. Star asked to pair with them and then proceeded to antagonize them, which in this setup isn’t town indicative because scum is anti-pairing because then they get to decide that.
Scum motivation to prevent pairings is probably a decent assumption. But, Star's interaction with Orange looked more scattered than tactical to me.
In post 742, Arrow Shape wrote:VOTE: Green
This might be the first major disagreement I have with Arrow.
Color Green wrote:Heart has completely given up just end it.
I'm on the home stretch. If the rest of my catch up is unlikely to be useful to anyone else, I won't be insulted.

Much.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Circle Shape »

New yellow's posts are fine. Enough to quell the ire I had for the first one.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Color Green »

In post 1079, Circle Shape wrote:New yellow's posts are fine. Enough to quell the ire I had for the first one.
I am as pharaoh. My compassion is as stone. It will take more to shake my pings.

It's not actively jumping off the deep end as far as posting goes though.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:12 am

Post by Color Yellow »

Based on the page 31 back and forth between Arrow and Green, I see where Arrow is coming from, though I don't agree that Green lied. Small sigh of relief!

Blue's : I laughed.
In post 779, Star Shape wrote:
In post 580, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 579, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 577, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 575, Circle Shape wrote:what are your actual reads heart

the only opinions i can seem to find from you is that you think purple and arrow are town
I don't have a whole lot yet. I think this preliminary stage isn't necessarily the best way to locktown or lockscum anyone.
i did not ask you to locktown or lockscum anyone

this seems a curious exaggeration on your part
Take it any way you want. Doesn't make my thinking on this any less valid. I don't know how anyone can have anything but tentative positions until we actually know what's what. Right now people, including myself, are developing reads based on what exactly. We don't even really know what's going on yet.
I feel Heart is getting scumread based off playstyle n not content, if that makes sense
Do you think Heart's content to this point is good?
In post 786, Arrow Shape wrote:
In post 777, Star Shape wrote:Arrow feels rather stagnant, if you will?

His reads come across the same since the beginning of the game regarding green, pent, and orange. It doesn't feel like he's evolving that much throughout the game.
I'm not really seeing anything to change my mind on Orange.
And my read of Pentagon has been up and down but I just haven't been commenting on it.
As for Green I'm tunneled, but I'll just get out of soon I hope.
Rather, I probably wanna shoot a reset there.

I'm kind of paranoid about replace ins in general though. You're both better than the previous iterations, but that doesn't make me feel better, it just makes me more suspicious.
Hopefully, I won't be too tiresome to deal with.
I have a feeling our PT is going to be fun!

Orange posts on page 32 diverge from my game impressions at this point.

I wonder how much the time compression is affecting my thoughts about of the lay of the game.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Color Green »

Got any more of them there those darn catch-up posts in your noggin?
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Color Yellow »

I'm still here and reading. The game feels more data dense now that I'm well into the voting discussions. I have about 8 pages to go.

Since you asked, have another post.

With I should stop calling out Circle posts. I haven't read a single one so far that has shaken my initial read. I'll comment if I ever do see something that bothers me.
In post 819, Color Red wrote:I think the problem isn't really trajectory so much as you have very palpable reads that were supposedly made pre-getting your role and then you don't seem to be following them afterward. You are giving the impression you changed some of your reads before your first post.
Wonder why that could be?

VOTE: Green
In post 820, Color Red wrote:I still like the heart wagon but I feel them and green aren't s/s.
Green feels scummier for a few reasons and they are actually active.
Feels a bit like a chainsaw in the wild.

feels like a sincere pushback, but NAI at best.
In post 827, Color Blue wrote:I have trouble believing it's artificial from Green!scum because he pushed at you ~12m after replace in.

IMO that's far too short a time for someone to rep in, see they are scum, then scan the thread for things to attack with.

The belief that you are mafia because of that post should probably have been formed prior to replacing in, making it a belief Green had prior to receiving his role pm....

I guess it's possible he's a very daring scumbag who has no hesitation about getting into it aggressively right off the bat but I don't often see that.

I am wondering do you have any reason to townread Heart? I don't think there was anything in his iso that seemed townie and Circle does make a good case that he does seem to be just coasting with making some very noncommital comments.
I can't remember if I posted it and I'm not going to look back for it, but at some point I thought that your play suggested your scumrange isn't wide enough include the playfulness you exhibited in your spoilered post about shapes thoughts.

Green's play suggests that their scum range probably does include immediate aggression. I don't townread the slot off of that. It's more about targets and effects for me. Also, just a sense of when stances on me personally don't feel like they're from town. That's hard to discern right now due to not much time in the game, so I'm weighing that I've come to a fair amount of our reads coinciding at the point where they posted their pre replace in reads. The similarities of their reads to mine versus the much fewer similarities of Orange's reads list a page or two later shook up my read of Orange a little.
In post 839, Circle Shape wrote:calling it now yellow is the scumbag for this game that people will let coast too long for ?reasons?
I on the other hand don't coast as any alignment.
In post 843, Color Green wrote:If it's Yellow-Red-Heart then I believe I am owed a beer.
No beer for you!

Heart's thoughts on Star, delay, etc on page 34 and 35 don't make me hate them more. But they don't really sway me either. I was a little surprised at Circle's unvote there.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:10 am

Post by Color Green »

In post 1083, Color Yellow wrote:Green's play suggests that their scum range probably does include immediate aggression
Meh. Not really but it's fine to approach it with caution.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Color Yellow »

Am I doing the game a disservice with combined posts? I'm trying not to flood the thread, but I'm getting impatience vibes, especially from Green.

In post 943, Arrow Shape wrote:Blue and Purple have reached escape velocity for me.
Town binned. Well played if scum. May revisit later, but if they keep posting like this, it won't be for awhile.
I feel way ahead of you even though I'm days behind!
In post 944, Arrow Shape wrote:I'm satisfied with 3 probable town reads day 1.
As long as we do a high information lim, I don't really have an issue with killing anybody else.
I don't really like the pushes on green though. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth because of how literal minded player's approaches have been to them.
They entered the game talking about pacing and the game state and they're doing that, shit pushes or not. It's not like this isn't RVS, a bunch of serious rebuttals doesn't really make me feel better.
I vibe the bad taste in mouth. I'm glad we still have points of agreement this far into the game. I would not enjoy a PT with super contentious reads differences.
In post 949, Color Green wrote:
In post 948, Color Orange wrote:
In post 893, Color Orange wrote:The way you expressed your desire to murder Heart initially doesn't make sense to me. Calling for someone to "never make endgame" seems more like you find them not towny but also not a pressing elimination.
Did you ever respond to this, Green?
Answering this in specific detail would be practically main-claiming, but please chalk it up to you misreading my phrasing. "Never make endgame" to me means "murder it and if people won't let me murder it, at least have them agree to not let it to endgame"
FWIW I initially read "never make endgame" as a weaker scumread and I don't think interpreting your post that way is way out of bounds or anything.

Continuing to harp on it without bringing significantly more to the table on why Green's a scumread would bother me. I need to ISO Orange soon.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Color Green »

Impatience? Or just testing?
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 955, Color Orange wrote:
In post 949, Color Green wrote:
In post 948, Color Orange wrote:
In post 893, Color Orange wrote:The way you expressed your desire to murder Heart initially doesn't make sense to me. Calling for someone to "never make endgame" seems more like you find them not towny but also not a pressing elimination.
Did you ever respond to this, Green?
Answering this in specific detail would be practically main-claiming, but please chalk it up to you misreading my phrasing. "Never make endgame" to me means "murder it and if people won't let me murder it, at least have them agree to not let it to endgame"
Okay. That seems to indicate you initially want Red dead first. Why the change? This question is mostly a formality, it shouldn't affect how I perceive you.
VOTE: Yellow
I want to see where this goes.
The irony in light of my last post.

This feels a little different from Red's jump off Heart to Green, though there are some similarities. I saw opinions of my slot sink over the last few pages before this. It has a trial balloon feel, but there's the potential to have changed the momentum.

Instead of calling out Purple's , I'll echo Blue's 962 without the too early in the morning part.
Color Green wrote:Impatience? Or just testing?
A little of both overall. 1082 seemed impatient, though. I've been sitting here reading and writing for the last 5 plus hours. I can't process 40+ pages any faster. I don't intend to stop until I'm done or the thread is locked.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Color Green »

In post 1087, Color Yellow wrote:A little of both overall. 1082 seemed impatient, though. I've been sitting here reading and writing for the last 5 plus hours. I can't process 40+ pages any faster. I don't intend to stop until I'm done or the thread is locked.
Its because Im looking for something specific. I'll tell you one way or another tomorrow.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Color Green »

Well nap time. Cheers for waking up tonthe rest of your catch-up saga.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Color Yellow »

I like Pentagon's string of posts going through Heart's posts on page 39 reading them stand alone. I'm not sure how much I would have liked them in the moment given the overall thread sentiment about Heart. It's due diligence, but maybe overdone. And yet, playstyles and personalities.

Heart's player list in Pentagon's 974 looks like a copypaste of the mod's post. The effort to decipher the *s and #s is sort of a good look, though!

And it all leads up to . I think the level of due diligence fits with their playstyle so far, but this is another thing I want to ISO at some point.
In post 984, Color Green wrote:I very well could be wrong on Yellow, it was jsut a passing thought. Today's not the day to deal with Yellow regardless. Today is the day at which Hearts get broken.
Be still my beating Donovan tune.

Heart's no-lim vote could be anti-spew.
In post 993, Color Purple wrote:
In post 982, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 978, Color Purple wrote:To be fair, let's hope that Yellow says something.
Really have no clue what to make of that slot, hopefully they provide some relevant content.
That's the importance of Yellow posting. It helps us read them better. Hopefully, Yellow returns after the prod.
I'm not the Yellow you were looking for, but I hope I've delivered content you can read!
In post 998, Star Shape wrote:A green flip would be better for info.

I don't see what useful information we'd get out of flipping Heart d1 atp
Can you explain what a Green flip would give you? What is it about a Heart flip that wouldn't provide useful information? (this is a somewhat answered by later posts, but I'd love a response).

I like Arrow and Blue responses to Star's post above on page 41. And I get Circle's vote as well, but I probably wouldn't have voted there.
In post 1010, Color Green wrote:We're at the "pasta" stage of the Heart elimination, folks.

Aka "throw shit to the wall and hope it sticks"
I agree with this, though I think antispew is happening too.
Hence why past-heart and current-heart disagree so visibly about nolim.
Past and present slot inhabitants often disagree both in particulars and in philosophies. This isn't as compelling as your first point.
In post 1012, Circle Shape wrote:I also think circle's response to pressure is looking...bad, but I'm not fully caught up on that yet.
Circle's response? Whose response did you mean? Star? Heart?

I actually like Diamond's .

And I'm caught up to where I joined the game.
Color Green wrote:
In post 1087, Color Yellow wrote:A little of both overall. 1082 seemed impatient, though. I've been sitting here reading and writing for the last 5 plus hours. I can't process 40+ pages any faster. I don't intend to stop until I'm done or the thread is locked.
Its because Im looking for something specific. I'll tell you one way or another tomorrow.
If I haven't hit whatever it is, I guess deal with it as you see fit.

Questions? Comments? Exclamations?
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 1089, Color Green wrote:Well nap time. Cheers for waking up tonthe rest of your catch-up saga.
sadface
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 1090, Color Yellow wrote:Questions? Comments? Exclamations?
This is to everyone.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Color Purple »

Can't wait for Heart to react.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 1092, Color Yellow wrote:
This is to everyone.
Mmmmm. Thoughts on where to look after heart flips, depending on alignment? (I'm assuming heart shutting down means he's scum, but always good to consider contingencies)
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Color Blue »

I do like your catchup Yellow! It is very comprehensive O.o

It kinda feels like the game is just stalled waiting for heart flip?

Maybe everyone is having fun on the holiday weekend. :)
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Color Purple »

quote="In post 1090, Color Yellow"]
In post 978, Color Purple wrote:To be fair, let's hope that Yellow says something.
Really have no clue what to make of that slot, hopefully they provide some relevant content.
That's the importance of Yellow posting. It helps us read them better. Hopefully, Yellow returns after the prod.
I'm not the Yellow you were looking for, but I hope I've delivered content you can read![/quote]
You're doing great. At least I can't find anything scummy about you.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Color Purple »

In post 1096, Color Purple wrote:
In post 1090, Color Yellow wrote:
I'm not the Yellow you were looking for, but I hope I've delivered content you can read!
You're doing great. At least I can't find anything scummy about you.
EBWOP
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 1094, Circle Shape wrote:
This is to everyone.
Mmmmm. Thoughts on where to look after heart flips, depending on alignment? (I'm assuming heart shutting down means he's scum, but always good to consider contingencies)
I'm mostly assuming that, too. I didn't like the content of his last series of posts about 5 pages back. But, there was a fair amount of effort to it.

If they're town, I'll want to rethink Red. It's possible scum-Red would take their side, but the potential downside if Heart's wagon faded was Red looks like the player votes would flow to.

I'd want to look harder at Star and maybe Pentagon.

Where would you want to look?
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 1098, Color Yellow wrote:
In post 1094, Circle Shape wrote:
This is to everyone.
I'm mostly assuming that, too. I didn't like the content of his last series of posts about 5 pages back. But, there was a fair amount of effort to it.

If they're town, I'll want to rethink Red. It's possible scum-Red would take their side, but the potential downside if Heart's wagon faded was Red looks like the player votes would flow to.

I'd want to look harder at Star and maybe Pentagon.

Where would you want to look?
I don't have a good idea, that's why I was asking~

Red probably does look worse but I'd need to reread to be sure.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”