Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Circle Shape »

annoying that that is kind of towny because i was planning on similar

UNVOTE:

enough for a reprieve while i focus attention elsewhere

(i guess scum can work that angle too but maybe not as overt about it)
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Heart Shape »

In post 584, Color Purple wrote:
In post 583, Color Purple wrote:
In post 581, Heart Shape wrote:
In post 518, Color Purple wrote:
In post 512, Color Orange wrote:
In post 257, Color Purple wrote:To be fair, Triangle remaining unpaired does mean that Pentagon or Star will get delayed based on . Diamond is my opinion, the only null read who I'm uncertain about. Red, being a colour, will have to get paired, eventually.
This gets me thinking. Triangle getting left out, at this point, nearly guarantees Red+Pentagon get delayed. Is that something we would ever want?
No. That's another reason why Triangle should get paired.
I forgot I had this tab open. I wanted to ask how a pair gets delayed, when it's just one player.
Delaying Pentagon will delay the whole pair because Red is a Color and Colors are Modifiers which do nothing without a Power to modify.
EBWOP
I thought that you were saying something else, but now that I look at it it makes sense. The left out shape controls the pair who get delayed.
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Heart Shape »

So I guess asking Star who they are leaning to delay should figure into this calculus of who to lim
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Heart Shape »

Unless we no lim, which I'm not a fan of.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 877, Heart Shape wrote:So I guess asking Star who they are leaning to delay should figure into this calculus of who to lim
Why should who Star’s leaning to delay be a factor? Shouldn’t that be a majority consensus? Last I checked, Star wasn’t too keen on Arrow, who I think is town, does that make Arrow a good lim? No obviously.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Arrow Shape »

In post 875, Circle Shape wrote:annoying that that is kind of towny because i was planning on similar

UNVOTE:

enough for a reprieve while i focus attention elsewhere

(i guess scum can work that angle too but maybe not as overt about it)
That's not really townie, both scum and town can procrastinate.
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Heart Shape »

In post 879, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 877, Heart Shape wrote:So I guess asking Star who they are leaning to delay should figure into this calculus of who to lim
Why should who Star’s leaning to delay be a factor? Shouldn’t that be a majority consensus? Last I checked, Star wasn’t too keen on Arrow, who I think is town, does that make Arrow a good lim? No obviously.
Exactly. How Star is going to use the slot is necessary information. They can say "oh it's going to be used for townie reasons" and just use it however they want. So I wanna know how they're going to use it. And this seems like a particularly difficult thing without even knowing what the powers are. So we should be getting our act together preferably well ahead of the deadline. So what I'm saying is, yes it should be a majority consensus, but there are a lot of variables at play that we can't really say "Okay if ___ is limmed then delay the ______ & ______ team." I wanna know who is going to be delayed before we flip someone bc we probably aren't going to have much time in twilight to talk about that.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 881, Heart Shape wrote:
Exactly. How Star is going to use the slot is necessary information. They can say "oh it's going to be used for townie reasons" and just use it however they want. So I wanna know how they're going to use it. And this seems like a particularly difficult thing without even knowing what the powers are. So we should be getting our act together preferably well ahead of the deadline. So what I'm saying is, yes it should be a majority consensus, but there are a lot of variables at play that we can't really say "Okay if ___ is limmed then delay the ______ & ______ team." I wanna know who is going to be delayed before we flip someone bc we probably aren't going to have much time in twilight to talk about that.
I like this post, especially since I’m iffy on Star and I view wanting to essentially hold their feet to the fire as possibly town indicative.
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Heart Shape »

Another thing this does is prevent Star from going off book. If Star agrees to delay the ____ & _____ team, and that team initiates its power, if the power fails, we know Star likely delayed them.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 882, Pentagon Shape wrote:
I like this post, especially since I’m iffy on Star and I view wanting to essentially hold their feet to the fire as possibly town indicative.
I agree with you.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Color Purple »

In post 884, Color Purple wrote:
In post 882, Pentagon Shape wrote:
I agree with you.
On Heart's post.
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Heart Shape »

Color Red#
Color Orange
Color Yellow*
Color Green#
Color Blue
Color Purple
Arrow Shape
Circle Shape
Diamond Shape
Heart Shape
Pentagon Shape
Star Shape*#
Triangle Shape

Color Yellow-Shape Arrow
Color Red-Shape Pentagon
Color Purple-Shape Heart
Color Blue-Shape Circle
Color Green-Shape Diamond
Color Orange-Triangle Shape
Star Shape

Looking at this I don't think there's a s/s team. At least not one that pops out. With that premise, there could be 3 teams with scum in them or 2 teams with scum and Star is scum. Red & Pentagon and Blue & Circle I think may be most likely, with Red being scum in that pairing and Blue in the other. I didn't like Blue's treatment of Diamond, and I've gotten bad vibes from Red both pre- and post-substitution.
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Heart Shape »

I don't have any super strong reads rn is the problem, and without knowing what the powers will be, I have a hard time saying one of those two teams should be delayed. And if we lim within a pair, I guess that team is automatically without a power, right? I think that's the way it works. So I'm not sure how to proceed really. Okay that's wrong. I think because it's a factional power, limming within a pair doesn't take away the factional power of the pair. But if Star is limmed, then the delay goes away for the game if I'm reading this right. I don't know if I like Star with that power, but at least we can leash him.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Color Blue »

In post 886, Heart Shape wrote:With that premise, there could be 3 teams with scum in them or 2 teams with scum and Star is scum. Red & Pentagon and Blue & Circle I think may be most likely, with Red being scum in that pairing and Blue in the other. I didn't like Blue's treatment of Diamond, and I've gotten bad vibes from Red both pre- and post-substitution.

I think it's pretty crazy you think I could be scum with Star given the way the previous Star attacked me.

What exactly did I do to Diamond that you think is scummy?
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Heart Shape »

In post 888, Color Blue wrote:
In post 886, Heart Shape wrote:With that premise, there could be 3 teams with scum in them or 2 teams with scum and Star is scum. Red & Pentagon and Blue & Circle I think may be most likely, with Red being scum in that pairing and Blue in the other. I didn't like Blue's treatment of Diamond, and I've gotten bad vibes from Red both pre- and post-substitution.

I think it's pretty crazy you think I could be scum with Star given the way the previous Star attacked me.

Post doesn't sound like it comes from a genuine place. Although you threw Star in there too, and that one I think is more likely so it could be a foundation for a bus.
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Heart Shape »

In post 888, Color Blue wrote:

And I'm not pairing you with Star necessarily, I'm just operating on a supposition. I'm slightly more confident in your being scum rather than there being just two teams with a scumbo in them.
Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by Heart Shape »

In post 37, Star Shape wrote:Since being unpaired doesn't mean automatic death in this game, I can volunteer to be the lone shape. In this scenario, I'll just keep the Delay holstered so it won't be an issue going forward. I'd prefer to be paired of course, but I think this is the easiest way to deal with this situation and make it a non-issue.
I have Star as null-town, but I think this very first post needs not be forgotten.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 808, Color Yellow wrote:I haven't been able to get caught up like I wanted to, but I did have a dream that green was scum for whatever that's worth.
In post 809, Color Yellow wrote:Checked VC, what's up with Heart?
In post 810, Color Yellow wrote:I've just skimmed a tiny bit, but Purple looks bad to me, calling for a delay on Heart. We established pretty early on that actually using the delay is anti-Town and would essentially be a scumclaim from the lone slot.
In post 811, Color Yellow wrote:Wait Purple's paired with Heart? Asking for the delay makes even less sense then, as either alignment. Just refuse to agree on targets if you're that concerned and Heart isn't yeeted
This is a decent string of posts to return with.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 818, Color Green wrote:I swear to ~Deity~ if one me person asks about the fucking trajectory "issues" when my single focus since replacing in is to murder the shit out of Heart and Red.

Red-1's posting that was IMO manipulative being an alt-slip doesn't mean it was intended as one, so you take it as if it had been posted as red directly, and that was a tug at emotion, is the last line:
In post 150, Toogeloo wrote:The reason I thought Diamond TMI'd was because as far as I know, we don't know what our powers or modifiers are. So when he claimed that Mafia would have a Roleblock, I assumed he was talking about one of their powers and not the delay action (which isn't a Roleblock).

Shortly after, Pentagon states he didn't like Diamond, which is why I considered Pentagon a good spot to pair with.

I haven't really been trying to scum hunt, so much as figure out who would be my ideal partner.
To me this reads as trying to make you (yes you, the person behind the screen) feel sorry for not liking their approach to the game.
The way you expressed your desire to murder Heart initially doesn't make sense to me. Calling for someone to "never make endgame" seems more like you find them not towny but also not a pressing elimination.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Your progression being set aside, I think that's a salient point you should actually address.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 832, Color Blue wrote:
In post 831, Color Red wrote:Alternatively, they weren't satisfied with the gamestate as it was when they replaced in.
This would implicate the unpaired shapes as potential partners, but may not be the case.
I have a hard time believing someone can replace in, decide the game state is bad for their scum team and whip up a fake readslist in 12 minutes.
I think it's implausible but possible. It requires two things I think: a very good briefing in the scum private thread, and a prepared perspective on the game before replacing in. Based on what new Green said about avoiding the Red slot, he clearly displayed the latter.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 836, Pentagon Shape wrote:So I see some slight inconsistencies here. Green has Yellow, Diamond, Star as “could go either way” but later states that they “believe all unpaired folks are town and then wrongly shades red by incorrectly implying his replace out was actually voluntary when it clearly wasn’t.

So I’m torn on this because I dislike both but for different reasons, not really impressed with Star either. Diamond and Yellow are nulls am not currently worried about anyone else.

I’m thinking that it’s probably unusual for scum to right out of the gate try to put such a huge target on their back when it’s safer to not make waves.
I think a problem that only just clicked for me on seeing your post is that Green asserts that essentially, two out of three of the people in his "could go either way pile" are town to him, but never really cares to reconcile what that means for the remainder? Having two people as scum does not a solve make.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 842, Color Blue wrote:
In post 808, Color Yellow wrote:I haven't been able to get caught up like I wanted to, but I did have a dream that green was scum for whatever that's worth.
In post 809, Color Yellow wrote:Checked VC, what's up with Heart?

I do not like these two posts.
I get it somewhat but it depends on what Yellow meant by the second post.
In post 843, Color Green wrote:If it's Yellow-Red-Heart then I believe I am owed a beer.
This reconciles my previous comment a slight amount.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 850, Heart Shape wrote:Oh people are mad because I said not tvs instead of not svs. I meant not obviously not svs. That's pretty clear.

I see a bunch of replace-ins too.
Huh, I feel like this error is a slight stretch.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Color Orange »

In post 871, Heart Shape wrote:Star sounds a lot more townie that their predecessor, but I'm wary of pocket.
An interesting take. I'll be frank that my issues with Star lie pretty squarely in how lacking the new player is in charisma, so if you can provide a fair and objective town case for him I will probably take it to heart (no pun intended).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”