Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:41 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

It was accidental that I slipped penguin over Ivan in an earlier post, but figured cats out of the bag now lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1724, StrangeMatter wrote:GGs.

I wish we eliminated Rogue earlier instead of Cakez but eh.
Didn't you hammer him when we were talking about moving to rogue? Lol

But I do really want to know what Cakez role did.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:43 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Actually nah I would've probably still died to Mastina's NK but was worth a shot.

True, I did hammer Cakez but in the end I didn't see much of a choice since Ivan wasn't moving and we didn't have enough support there.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1714, morph the cat wrote:If you successfully deliver a letter to a player, on the same night you can become their puppet master and redirect that player's night action (if they have a targeting action) to the player of your choice. Any other abilities targeting this player, including your own message, will be passed to that third party.

Penguin absolutely called this though.

It messed with me because I double checked that she could not do two abilities on the same night, and the two being the same ability seemed weird. I even considered the flavor of the hawkshot ability, and did not see it. So :/
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I wasn't thinking about the nitty-gritty of the role, just the results. I would have assumed two roles, with the bus driver (as per my spec) as a one-shot add-on thing.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Though if I may can we talk about Penguin's luck with all of the neighborhoods being town only.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

They were the most fun part of this game for sure.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I still think that the balance of the chess game feels off.

Strong willed doc vs strong willed cop is not quite there, but adding in that the strong willed doc was in a game with a poisoner really throws it off.

Unless the results from the cop would have given misleading results with the redirects.

I did consider that when I looked at it, but my own ability came back "you saw Shiro visit mastina last night". With the specifics of my role, I kinda thought the cop would be "Bombay is town" - but I did not follow up on this with the mods
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1730, StrangeMatter wrote:Though if I may can we talk about Penguin's luck with all of the neighborhoods being town only.
Hey, you put as much townie energy out into the universe as I did, it gets reflected back to you!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1730, StrangeMatter wrote:Though if I may can we talk about Penguin's luck with all of the neighborhoods being town only.
Oh absolutely.

I actually did the math in my first hood. It was like a 6% chance. And that was before the last hood, which was also all town.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1716, morph the cat wrote:This means all actions (excluding killing actions) targeting them will affect you as well. I

Does this mean we could have no killed?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by mastina »

For the record;
No redactions needed to the PT especially considering that the redactions will highlight the mod error in my role PM. :P

(I did not receive what the mods used/posted.)

Also I stand by the redirect mechanics being bullshit.

They worked out
in my favor
, but they
shouldn't
have.

Also also I was quite miffed that nobody except jjh was townreading me on play since this was literally the first time in like
four years
I've played this way as scum and I genuinely broke half a dozen towntells of mine this game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1728, Lukewarm wrote:I even considered the flavor of the hawkshot ability, and did not see it. So :/
For the record my role was not suited to Ashe at all imo. It was pretty bullshit.

Ashe does not imply redirection or puppetmastery whatsoever (that's more Lissandra's wheelhouse or LeBlanc's), and hawkshot being a messenger itself makes very little sense.

So I was also quite miffed by that.

I didn't lie about my role (except by omission) and I didn't lie when I said:
Yes, I agree it was not a good fit.

But I wasn't the one who designed it in spite of me disagreeing very harshly with it being a good fit.

This game had, like, five, six players submit League-related subreddits?

Literally all of them had picture-perfect fits imo...
except
for Ashe which imo missed the mark big time ESPECIALLY considering how on the nose the others were.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:12 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1736, mastina wrote:Also also I was quite miffed that nobody except jjh was townreading me on play since this was literally the first time in like four years I've played this way as scum

Lmao

The best part of this is that Ivan literally said "this feels exactly like scum Mastina from 3 years ago"

So for you to have been playing an old style makes that funnier in hindsight
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by mastina »

I know, right???

I was quite miffed at that given that the neighborhoods made the game much much harder to deal with.

I lowkey was beginning to suspect that there was a hidden "can only neighborize town" mechanic to it or even if not, that the town would SPECULATE that was a mechanic (and fuck me over in the process)...
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1735, Lukewarm wrote:Does this mean we could have no killed?
Oh if so then I wouldn't have been confscum either.

That was a concern of mine; the whole game after Shiro attached to me, I knew that if we ever had four players going into night, it'd reveal me as scum a la my (lack of) luck in a previous game I had this happen to me.

Apparently I'd have been fine tho.

All that anxiety for nothing. :P
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by RH9 »

I was spectating this game and am very impressed by mastina's play.
(I had her as my guess for 3rd party but not for scum.)
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:21 pm

Post by RH9 »

And there'll probably be no more spectator comments from me.
(Good job to everybody, though!)
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:26 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1726, Lukewarm wrote:But I do really want to know what Cakez role did.
This was my first thought about what we could do with Cakez' pick
Accidental Renaissance (SirCakez) - beautiful photos that evoke renaissance paintings composition. Not photos staged to mimic a specific painting. More like the scenes, colors and lightings that inspired artists. Suggests their fate is tied to other roles. maybe a table of [this happens] if targeted by x player or y type of role.
After some discussion, what we came up with for the role was an un-self-aware reflexive ability copier. With the exception of a kill, Cakez would gain a 1-shot of any ability that targeted him during the game. We didn't want the role to become a de facto ability cop, which is why we chose to make him un-self-aware.

This role is really the only one that we're not happy with how it worked in practice. The frustration level might not have been so bad if he'd been targeted on night 1 or 2, but that's not how it worked out. I had imagined the end of at least one night being sort of like Christmas morning.

So, apologies, Cakez!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1740, mastina wrote:
In post 1735, Lukewarm wrote:Does this mean we could have no killed?
Oh if so then I wouldn't have been confscum either.

That was a concern of mine; the whole game after Shiro attached to me, I knew that if we ever had four players going into night, it'd reveal me as scum a la my (lack of) luck in a previous game I had this happen to me.

Apparently I'd have been fine tho.

All that anxiety for nothing. :P
There are a lot of things that could have happened if we could have no killed.

For starters, if I had died, T3 would have had to consider you scum and play the game.

If t3 had died, I would have been forced to see you as scum, and get over the "mech clear"

If t3 had saved me, t3 might have town read me for that, and I might have finally considered he might be a doc. (Or, either one of us could have spiralled into paranoia of a no kill).

Obviously it would not have won the game on the spot, with you having pocketed Shiro, but it could have lead to us having more information to solve with.

No killing was the correct play if we had know we could have done it
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Unaware definitely made it frustrating since nobody knows how to activate it and people didn't want to use powerful abilities on Cakez.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1738, Lukewarm wrote:The best part of this is that Ivan literally said "this feels exactly like scum Mastina from 3 years ago"
So for you to have been playing an old style makes that funnier in hindsight
I mean.

Y'all didn't read it because nobody reads my meta history posts even though they will genuinely learn a lot from my play by so much as skimming, but:
In post 1652, mastina wrote:
In post 1646, That Idiot Ivan wrote:and that you hitting all the notes on me you used to back in 2013-2014 is just a coincidence.
Uh you are aware that my meta changes over time, right?

I mean to some extent it's cyclical and even the flowchart is out of date, but like. A lot of the things in there still hold true.

I believe the flowchart notes for instance that my towngames have become a lot more logical?

I might've even included a note on how scumastina is far more of a lurksack these days and town-me is more active.

But like. My townplay these days is the scumplay of old; my scumplay these days is the worst of my towngame of old. (There was an era when town-me was incredibly inactive, prod dodging, producing no content, etc. I remember one mini modded by Jake from State Farm where I literally did nothing, and Antihero's og Chemistry game where I literally did nothing. So there was an era of town-me from about back then when I did literally nothing as town, but that's my scumgame these days.)

If you want a look at what scumastina has been as of late:
This was the first of the modern scumastina.
I then immediately/concurrently to that? Got this game which pretty much killed my will to play scum forever.

Now, I did get vaguely close to a good scumgame, but you can clearly tell that even that's not peak scumastina and obviously not town-me, and it was temporary; I regressed again to my obvscum self quickly.

Case and point, obvscum zero-motivation scumastina.

And it even got worse than that.

Down to this level.

This is genuinely my skill cap as scum, what scumastina is capable of these days.

In contrast,
This is what my town games as of late.
You can really see the huge difference in my play when I am given a town alignment. It really shows strongly in my play that I have received a town role PM in my towngames.

It's genuinely as simple as "if mastina is invested in the game, trying, and posting, with the posts as content rather than prodges and fluff/filler, she's town". There's nuances to it as well; scumastina can't get angry whereas town me can. And town mastina is passionate whereas scumastina's "passion" comes across as exactly what it is, faked stilted and artificial.

But this is never my scumgame.

When I said that everyone should know that this is my towngame.

I meant it.

Because the difference between my towngame and my scumgame is literally night and day. This
cannot
be my scumgame, because I'm literally not capable of doing this as scum. It's literally impossible.

Yes, it was within my skill circa 2013-2014. Peak scumastina era. Nothing was out of my scum range back then; I could genuinely do anything back then as scum and my scumgame was much better than my towngame.

But things change. I just lost my moxie/mojo/whatever you want to call it. Lost my spark. Lost my desire, lost my interest, whatever. For playing scum. So I just...can't play scum.

I should be conftown but I shouldn't
need
to be conftown in order to still be obvtown.
This was accurate. If you click on the links for towngames vs. scumgames it'll become obvious; none of my scumgames in the last few years have shown anything remotely like this.

Granted.

I've been trying for years to get back into form.

But I've for
three years
been
failing
to get back into peak scumastina form and this is genuinely the first time I've ever pulled it off since like...late 2018, early 2019?

So yes, it was me as scum, it just...wasn't a me as scum that I've shown in literally years; the only player recognizing it as "not scumastina from the last three years" was jjh.

And I was genuinely dead serious when I said that T3, SirCakez, and even LLD should've seen me as town here because all of them have seen my towngame in the last three years and my scumgame in the last three years and should have had the lowered expectations of scumastina and accurate reads on a town mastina.

I genuinely, until this game, thought I could never ever have a truly good scumgame ever again. I've never been passionate as scum in the last three years; I've never put as much time into planning as scum in the last three years; I've done nothing but the bare minimum in three years of scumastina.

Nothing is outside of peak-scumastina's scumrange, this game an example, but I've not been able to pull off peak scumastina in over three years.

Now granted. I realize this is still not the ceiling of scumplay and I realize it wasn't a picture-perfect replica of my towngame. I was scum, so I obviously wasn't going to be entirely town in my play. But, given my play
in the last three years
, this was something unprecedented from me, something scumastina hasn't been able to do, something that was something that for the last three years, only has been possible from me as town.

Was still quite miffed that I had to fight this hard for the win tho.

When you are genuinely in a situation where the town has every reason to believe you've been cleared as town (and the only reason you were able to pull that off is due to bullshit that you personally disagree with so the town should have no reason to piece that together thanks to it being bullshit), and then the town
doesn't
clear you?

It legit IS like the town calling a cop-cleared player a Godfather after a scum Godfather has flipped, just with the cop-cleared player happening to also be a godfather so the town doing something that they objectively
shouldn't
, happened to be the right call.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Good job all

Pa I love you

Sorry to anyone I pissed off or offended
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by morph the cat »

The Neighborhood and Mafia PTs and the Spectator/Dead Discord Server have been released: here

If you had a personal PT and would like for it to be released, please let us know!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:02 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Night and Day actions and events are posted here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”