jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by jjh927 »

When I'm at my computer next I'll figure out who has lied about boxes as well

I took some notes as I was going along as to who was more trustworthy with box related claims due to context
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:57 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1048, The Bombay wrote:
In post 1046, jjh927 wrote:Bombay, just for what it's worth since you are probably missing the mechanical subtleties here-

LLD and Shiro are conftown from each others' perspectives as a result of Ivan's role. I believe 'parity cop' is just a way of simplifying how the role actually works in practice, and that they have effectively received the result on each other in some way.
I don't think that this is true. They are only confirmed town to one another if Ivan is town.
In post 852, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 851, Rogue wrote:@LLD- is the parity cop confirmed in the hood?
No
They are not confirmed town. I think that LLD is likely town, but she is claiming that she is confirmed. That is not true. Unless Ivan dies, and actually flips parity cop.
At which point I'm shot and killed and then oh look the scum get to say "Well it was the right play" when it was garbage.

The town owes this claim one kill, one vote to try and prove itself, before it gets mutinous.

And I'm not saying you take it from Ivan himself.

But you need to work with Shiro and I, if you are indeed town.

Which I currently have doubts on.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1048, The Bombay wrote:I don't think that this is true. They are only confirmed town to one another if Ivan is town.
Based on the way they have phrased certain things and a particular sentence a while back that I am not quoting, it is near certain that Ivan's role conftowns them firsthand to each other, rather than being reliant on Ivan's second hand explanation of his result.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by The Bombay »

That assumes that all three scum would jump on your Lukewarm wagon. Which seems pretty suicidal for a scum team as a whole. But frankly, I was not thinking about it to the point of there being exactly two wagons. I was at "There are currently 6 wagons, and we can easily consolidate some of that to kill one of my scum reads".

That being said VOTE: SirCakez since that is where jjh said he would go.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:00 pm

Like here's the thing

For me, I've yet to see a Bombay full claim. And yet you speak with the authority on the balance of the game that you should never have.

You have no reason to believe that Ivan is fake, or that your roles can't all exist in one. It's very likely scum has disruption or worse powers in store.

So fuck it, I think we have to masslcaim today. If the ledger of Bombay's argument is on the mechanical improbility of Ivan's role existing, we should massclaim today and settle the mess, yes?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:01 pm

In post 1053, The Bombay wrote:That assumes that all three scum would jump on your Lukewarm wagon. Which seems pretty suicidal for a scum team as a whole. But frankly, I was not thinking about it to the point of there being exactly two wagons. I was at "There are currently 6 wagons, and we can easily consolidate some of that to kill one of my scum reads".

That being said VOTE: SirCakez since that is where jjh said he would go.
Not remotely suicidal with the way you are currently playing.

Cause with how you're playing I'll kill you without a problem, get shot tonight, and then no one will look back and give 2 shits.

You are playing in such a way that if we are both town, loses town the game.

I am telling you you're doing this, and you continue on the path anyway undisturbed.

Which means to me you're scum because town would have fucking taken the pause by now to consider "well shit".

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:03 pm

In post 1052, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1048, The Bombay wrote:I don't think that this is true. They are only confirmed town to one another if Ivan is town.
Based on the way they have phrased certain things and a particular sentence a while back that I am not quoting, it is near certain that Ivan's role conftowns them firsthand to each other, rather than being reliant on Ivan's second hand explanation of his result.
If you believe this, why are you bouncing ideas off Bombay and not Shiro and I?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 1051, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1048, The Bombay wrote:
In post 1046, jjh927 wrote:Bombay, just for what it's worth since you are probably missing the mechanical subtleties here-

LLD and Shiro are conftown from each others' perspectives as a result of Ivan's role. I believe 'parity cop' is just a way of simplifying how the role actually works in practice, and that they have effectively received the result on each other in some way.
I don't think that this is true. They are only confirmed town to one another if Ivan is town.
In post 852, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 851, Rogue wrote:@LLD- is the parity cop confirmed in the hood?
No
They are not confirmed town. I think that LLD is likely town, but she is claiming that she is confirmed. That is not true. Unless Ivan dies, and actually flips parity cop.
At which point I'm shot and killed and then oh look the scum get to say "Well it was the right play" when it was garbage.

The town owes this claim one kill, one vote to try and prove itself, before it gets mutinous.

And I'm not saying you take it from Ivan himself.

But you need to work with Shiro and I, if you are indeed town.

Which I currently have doubts on.
I think you misunderstood the intent of that post. I have mostly abandoned the idea of killing Ivan today, because you are going to fight it tooth and nail. I moved to T3 a while ago to kill my other strongest scumread. But no one wants to join me there. x.x

So now I am compromising down to SirCakez, third strongest scum read.

The point of this post was to say that I think jjh misunderstood how the alignment reveal occurred. He seems to think it is different then I thought. Can you actually clear that up?

Is Shiro mod confirmed town to you directly (and vice versa), or does that hinge on Ivan telling you the truth?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Normally I would love a massclaim that occurs before my death but this time I think I'd regret it

Everything about the boxes is probably best being explained either in my flip or at a time I deem the most useful.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1056, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1052, jjh927 wrote:
If you believe this, why are you bouncing ideas off Bombay and not Shiro and I?
I'm not bouncing ideas here. I'm trying to get Bombay onto the right page so they can work with you, because this is the best way I can see to resolve a perceived tvt
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 1054, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:So fuck it, I think we have to masslcaim today. If the ledger of Bombay's argument is on the mechanical improbility of Ivan's role existing, we should massclaim today and settle the mess, yes?
I don't know that a full massclaim is called for.

As an olive branch, I will partially claim. I am happy to work with you if you are willing to work with me. I just really felt like you were not interested in working with me at all, and was trying to do my best with who would work with me. If we are working together, I guess the kill it Cakez since you said that you leaned town on T3.

We have more then one ability, I would rather not reveal each of them. But what we have access to each night phase is affected by our number of infractions with our posting restriction (up to, and including not being able to fire at all).

Last night, we fired as a watcher. We targeted skitter, but like I said, we were role blocked. This is why I was particularly annoyed at having been role blocked, because we spent a good portion of the night trying to guess the night kill, and got it right, and still did not get the guilty that would have given us.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by The Bombay »

That was also the starting point for Marci's night kill analysis. When we were trying to guess the night kill, we boiled it down to us, Skitter, or Rogue.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:14 pm

I'm gonna need a massclaim. People are sitting on too many secrets and it's not fucking worth it. At this point, Bombay, if you're right baout YOUR read as town on the roles?

Then all the good investigative roles are dead. Right? All the major power is outted already or dead.

So what do we lose from putting it all to light in your eyes?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by The Bombay »

So, we landed what should have been a guilty. Ivan is claiming that he can get 2 innocent results night one (this is probably worse if he did not choose his targets), and his ability cannot be roleblocked. Dwlee would have had a 4th alignment reveal if he was not killed Day 1.

That is 4 alignment reveals on night one. That does not seem balanced.
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by That Idiot Ivan »

In post 1027, The Bombay wrote:
In post 1024, That Idiot Ivan wrote:As I said, Suripoko is capable of using their words any time they choose to. I have no sympathy for this game of Pictionary.

Bombay, might I suggest you stop trying to sing the song of this game when you've only been given a handful of notes?
This feels suspiciously like you are saying that I should not be trying to solve with the information that I have available, which is like, the entire point of this game.
Bombay, you should consider that other people may have more info than you do and that sometimes dumping everything that has happened/occurred to you in the main thread is suboptimal.

If you're town here, why the fuck do you walk into the game thread at the start Day Two going 'I got blocked,' thereby telling everyone, town and scum, that you have a role that expects to return enough information to know if you were blocked? And then confirm for whoever blocked you (if you're town, I would guess it would have been scum blocking you) that they did indeed get their action through to good effect?

P-edit: JFC, why would you claim that if you're town?!? I don't even care about your alignment any more; my brain hurts from the bad choices and logic.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Okay I'm going to regret this when I wake up tomorrow but I think I can explain some of the setup balance variance you're picking up here
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:16 pm

In post 1063, The Bombay wrote:So, we landed what should have been a guilty. Ivan is claiming that he can get 2 innocent results night one (this is probably worse if he did not choose his targets), and his ability cannot be roleblocked. Dwlee would have had a 4th alignment reveal if he was not killed Day 1.

That is 4 alignment reveals on night one. That does not seem balanced.
Then let's all full claim and see, shall we?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:18 pm

In post 1065, jjh927 wrote:Okay I'm going to regret this when I wake up tomorrow but I think I can explain some of the setup balance variance you're picking up here
Kay, I'm gonna need you to full claim or you're eating my Dracon Laser Beam tonight.

I'm tired of this shit, I'm tired of us all playing fucking footsie with roles and dancing around shit.

Claim. Please. For the love of fucking god.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by The Bombay »

I don't know. Mass claiming always scares me, and I prefer to avoid it in general.

I can't tell everyone else what to do though.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I am /r/pikmin, and I am a third party survivor

I can also leave the game early as a winner (the game continues) if I collect all of my ship parts. There are 4 of them. I target 3 people each night, and I got one last night out of (mastina, lld, skitter).
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:20 pm

In post 1069, jjh927 wrote:I am /r/pikmin, and I am a third party survivor

I can also leave the game early as a winner (the game continues) if I collect all of my ship parts. There are 4 of them. I target 3 people each night, and I got one last night out of (mastina, lld, skitter).
Fuck off I'm shooting you anyway lmfaoooooooooooo

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 1064, That Idiot Ivan wrote:JFC, why would you claim that if you're town?!?
Do you not see LLD shouting from the roof tops for me to claim?

This feels like a fake reaction given what is actually happening in the thread.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:21 pm

You probably got a space part from me because I'm space based?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:21 pm

In post 1071, The Bombay wrote:
In post 1064, That Idiot Ivan wrote:JFC, why would you claim that if you're town?!?
Do you not see LLD shouting from the roof tops for me to claim?

This feels like a fake reaction given what is actually happening in the thread.
Speaking of, your turn.

Full claim. At this point just full claim please.

I'll claim right after if you need it I don't care I just need to fucking understand this game and massclaim is the goal.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Basically I just want my parts and then I'll be out of your hair. If I know where they all are I can self resolve

My reads have been my actual thoughts and I haven't been pulling punches, although I did consider it and likely would have with a weaker playerlist

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”