he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:34 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Cuz we sucked lol
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:47 pm

Post by Jingle »

If you’re waiting for permission from me for the mod thread tweetie you have it. I always review/backup with the assumption that it’ll be public.

Also someone nom tweetie for paperback, this flavor was amazing.

I really enjoyed watching the game, btw, and am happy for once with the overlap of impressive play all around and truly interesting setup. Usually my favorite setups are plagued by things like page 2 turbo hammers, but this game rocked from start to finish.
This is a Parachute.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by Greeting »

Thanks for the game!
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 1175, SirCakez wrote:Cuz we sucked lol
I feel this so hard.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:40 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

The moderator PT is released -- and with that, I'll go ahead and reveal everything about the setup now !

Nobles -

Duchess Vigil (as played by Dwlee) and Baron Discipline (as played by mc esther) were the highest-ranked cultists in the group (as well as nobility) -- although they ensured their identities and skillsets were kept a tight secret from all but the most trustworthy. These two were the most capable of actively / mechanically making plays to influence the setup, and could discuss with each other on how to use their actions.

Discipline targets a player who is not Nobility in order to bodyguard them each night. If Discipline dies for a player this way, that player is added to the Noble PT and given a title ("Thorn"). They count as Nobility, but are not confirmed as town as the other two were.

Vigil, on night two, targets four players who are not Nobility and is given a random VT (Achromatic) on the list. If there are none or the ability is prevented in some way, Vigil gets No Result and may try again the next night.

In the Loop (other town PRs)

Shroud (as played by Mad Hatters) is the closest member of the cult to the nobles. Shroud knows the twos' identities as nobility (but nothing else about them). In addition, Shroud cannot be targetted by Noble actions (basically cannot be protected). And finally, Shroud has a weak active ability where they could redirect Nobility actions targeting them to someone else.

Murmur (as played by Galron) is more of an outcast but is a very, very good hider and listener. Murmur knows how many nobility there are alive (two) and is updated whenever this number changes. In addition, Murmur targets a player during the day in order to neighbourize them for just the following night. Murmur is told whether or not their target is Nobility as well.

Warden (as played by anahit) is not acquainted with the two nobles but sizes them up easily. Warden knows that the nobility are capable of investigation and protection. Warden's main ability is the box. I'm just going to copy and paste exactly how it works from the actual setup post in the mod PT. (tldr it's an invention that is passed around which sort of investigates and roleblocks at same time)
Spoiler:
- During the first day and any time the Warden has the box, Warden must target a player to pass them the box. At the beginning of the following night, they receive it. The box starts open.
- During night phases, a player holding the box may choose to close it or pass it to another player.
- If they do not close it and instead pass it, their non-factional actions are disabled on that night.
- If they do close it, the player who had the box last is informed that it was closed and then the box is sent back to original owner if they are alive. This also happens when the box is passed to a dead player.

Remnants (scum) -

Scum's nightkill was performed by an invisible third party -- and as such, it didn't take up any of their actions. Scum was not multitasking, however.

Scum knew that the regular power roles knew the nobles' identities, number, and power. As such, it was encouraged to hunt for these players -- but that's only the beginning.

Scum had three regular abilities -- rolecop, secret listen, and role interfere. They let you look at roles, look at informed statuses, and negatively affect town PRs. One could be used by a single Remnant per night, and all had to be used before you could use the same ones again.

Scum had two corrupted abilities -- vanillaize and truecop. These had no restrictions on use -- you could use them every night if you wished, granted you had enough remnants. However, if you target a vanilla townie, the ability is permanently destroyed and that VT is granted a new powerful role.

Finally, when scum died, get to use a free ability while dead before joining the dead PT. The later in the game they die, the better the ability is. (That is what scum knew). The ability was an investigation that got more precise and more useful utility-wise the longer the game went on.

TLDR (NOT TOTALLY ACCURATE BUT GOOD ENOUGH):

Mason Bodyguard -
mc esther

Mason Night Two Modified Cop -
Dwlee99

Informed Townie ["mc esther and Dwlee99 are masons"] -
Mad Hatters Tea Party

Informed Combined Temporary-Neighbourizer Mason Checker ["There are two masons in total"] -
Galron
Informed One-shot Inventor ["The masons can protect and investigate"] -
anahit

Achromatic -
SirCakez

Achromatic -
EdensFlame

Achromatic -
Greeting

Achromatic -
Toogeloo

Achromatic -
Vanderscamp

Remnant of Hue -
PookyTheMagicalBear

Remnant of Hue -
Isis

Remnant of Hue -
Ahri

scum has: rolecop, informed checker+reader, roleblock, vanillaize, truecop
scum knows: the power roles know the masons in some ways
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:44 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

i want to thank u all again for playing!! I am so stoked that i can design setups this and people are willing to give it a try

giant shoutout to Jingle for being around to answer questions and talking with me in the moderator thread -- he didn't have to do that, but i really appreciated the help. also i think all of his contributions while we were designing were spot on and definitely helped reel in the setup.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:58 am

Post by Isis »

Hated the setup tbh, don't want to do some tirade where I am right about how to design games or something but I don't see how the inert setup and definitely not the actual play fostered a fun experience for me.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

My apologies
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Isis »

>_<
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Isis »

The flavor was rly good
"Well, I..."
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I didn't like how the flavour turned out personally
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

getting the entire scum team soft-guiltied at the same time was a p wild experience ngl :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:18 pm

In post 1185, Morning Tweet wrote:I didn't like how the flavour turned out personally
I was really excited to read the rest of the Lavender/Crimson romance/intrigue <3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

yeah, i really miss when it was about that

Idk. I'm not pleased with this one so much. The setup worked itself out pretty much how i wanted it to which is satisfying, but the active mech was lacking and i dont think it was all that fun to *actually play*

The idea was that I wanted the intriguing part of the game to be the day phases where there are two VIPs who just aren't treated the way everyone else is. Like masons, but actually in a way I think could have been fun (I don't really like masons in of themselves because i dont think mafia have enough tools to counter them if they're just in really good players hands)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

With regards to the town power I thought they all played really well actually

the regular PRs diverted scum well. they also used their knowledge to assist the masons without revealing them which I was surprised by (like the Dwlee wagon D1 for example and Flea)

The scum power was too confusing the way i implemented it. You would hate to see how it was when i first designed it hahaha. I wanted scum to have more than average chances of finding strong roles, except they still needed to use dayplay and couldn't randomly fire the abilities wherever they wanted and autosolve by d3. There were safe abilities for slowplay and there were risky ones if you wanted to decimate town quickly (but this would require a bigger day game i think)

however in my implementation of this idea as well as trying to communicate it i think it just ended up being confusing and disengaging to try and deal with
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1186, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:getting the entire scum team soft-guiltied at the same time was a p wild experience ngl :3
This was one of the best parts probably because it was never supposed to happen
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

oh well. I still am grateful for those willing to give these a try!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:29 pm

In post 1190, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1186, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:getting the entire scum team soft-guiltied at the same time was a p wild experience ngl :3
This was one of the best parts probably because it was never supposed to happen
i mean they had 2 flipped tprs already so they should've just said kill all four of these people and game is over cuz why would there be 4 TPRs + 2 Masons in a 13P :<
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:31 pm

In post 1189, Morning Tweet wrote:With regards to the town power I thought they all played really well actually

the regular PRs diverted scum well. they also used their knowledge to assist the masons without revealing them which I was surprised by (like the Dwlee wagon D1 for example and Flea)

The scum power was too confusing the way i implemented it. You would hate to see how it was when i first designed it hahaha. I wanted scum to have more than average chances of finding strong roles, except they still needed to use dayplay and couldn't randomly fire the abilities wherever they wanted and autosolve by d3. There were safe abilities for slowplay and there were risky ones if you wanted to decimate town quickly (but this would require a bigger day game i think)

however in my implementation of this idea as well as trying to communicate it i think it just ended up being confusing and disengaging to try and deal with
I did really like that the scumside was also incentivized to solve for masons so it felt very stimulating to play from the baddie side too :3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

the hueniverse is pleased with this game
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 1187, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I was really excited to read the rest of the Lavender/Crimson romance/intrigue <3
same
In post 1189, Morning Tweet wrote:With regards to the town power I thought they all played really well actually
In post 1192, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i mean they had 2 flipped tprs already so they should've just said kill all four of these people and game is over cuz why would there be 4 TPRs + 2 Masons in a 13P :<
ya im with pooky on this, i thought dwlee and i did, ehhhh, okay. some really good moments (hitting the scumteam, this was basically all dwlee imo), but mostly pretty bad (daft early miselims, botching the guilties).
~
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Oh I meant with regards to how town played with regards to fulfilling their roles!

You (Discipline) saved your partner Vigil

Vigil used their investigative prowess to catch scum (but not all)

Shroud diverted scum away from nobility (Dwlee was dead n1 if not for Mad Hatters IIRC?? Scum thought Dwlee was a mason on the first day because of the wagon) without revealing nobility

murmur and warden (galron/anahit) both took away scum's attention from masons as well especially with their dayplay

I dont know if this was a result of the setup but it was thematic and I enjoyed that part quite a bit!
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

I was quite happy with how this played out Tweetie, truth be told seeing you hosting was the reason I once again donned the Hat of Madness. ;)

I didn't do anything N1 sadly, I had a box.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1197, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:I didn't do anything N1 sadly, I had a box.
This is a Parachute.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:56 am

Post by lilith2013 »