Mini 2274: Terminator: Salvation Game Over!

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:40 pm

Post by Aisa »

Hey Pooky, I have something for you as promised :3

Spoiler: A small tribute

I will never forget what Pooky did for me. As you will all certainly remember, I made a huge judgment error and decided to click the submit button five times in rapid succession at one point, making me submit the same wall post again... and again... and again. It was the darkest of times. The huge wave of shame I felt as soon as I realised what I had done threatened to annihilate me. In desperation, I sought refuge in the only place I could: Pooky's PMs. I wrote them with a long, impassioned plea and asked if they could possibly, possibly ever consider deleting the duplicates. "sure", they replied, their writing succint and melodious, truly a sign of the gods, their infinite grace and mercy delivering me from my sin. And truly unending their patience was, for they also put up with my multiple other silly questions and requests without so much as a complaint.

When we've been there ten thousand years,
bright shining as the sun,
we've no less days to sing Pooky's praise
than when we've first begun.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:01 pm

Post by Aisa »

I had a lot of fun.

You were all a delight to play with.

Not sure what the consensus on this is, but I really liked the PT mechanism. I believe this is my first completed game of this size, and I liked the fact I was almost immediately dealing with a smaller playerlist. I also really enjoyed reuniting with the other players and finding out what they had been up to.

A few people I feel deserve special shoutouts:
Jingle - for backup modding
Loki - I never gave you credit for this in game, but your writing was what eventually got through my thick skull and convinced me to vote NAHA
Freedom - for being in the unfortunate situation of substituting in and immediately being NK'd
Vivax - substituting in and having to play solo scum is my worst nightmare brrr well played (I know you were not initially solo, but whatever, close enough)

I don't think I ever got access to my notes PT (not a problem at all), so you can do what you want with it Pooky.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:51 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

<3

Thanks Aisa, I enjoyed playing with you too. Yeah when NAHA/Koba backed up your reasoning for sr me, I knew they had to be scum but even before that, I thought that they’re progression on Gamma was really weird.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:55 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

I would have also limmed CSF had I still been alive d2, since they looked the worst at the end of d1.

Had I been in the Present I would have done my damndest to get Toog limmed and had I not, I would have certainly pushed Vivax > RR since after NAHA/CSF flips, I thought he was spewed town.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:28 am

Post by Vivax »

Yeah overall very enjoyable players to be around.

Spoiler:
Vivax - substituting in and having to play solo scum is my worst nightmare brrr well played (I know you were not initially solo, but whatever, close enough)

It was funny as hell to me I have to say (the benefit of not being heavily invested). Getting serious replies from MB to (what seemed to me like) obvious troll accusations made me randomly burst out laughing in everyday situations and friends were wondering what the hell was wrong with me. I guess I can thank Ench and Aisa for not just instant hammering me, and MB eventually realized I was just dropping jokes with a serious face.

Hardest part was figuring out the game mechanics in retrospect. And I guess ejjnami replaced out because they saw the mafia team in the host link or something, at least it looked a bit that way.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:39 am

Post by MathBlade »

I actually didn’t.

I knew it was some kind of something. I thought you maybe were newb scum that didn’t know how to be sussed.

I was legit scared until the flip.

But I am on the spectrum so yeah. I knew something was off and thought you were scum but was paranoid of Johnny.

They were serious because I didn’t realize you were trolling.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Firebringer »

penguinpower was the hero bridge seller we needed but didn't deserve.im sorry for voting you buddy
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1455, MathBlade wrote:I actually didn’t.

I knew it was some kind of something. I thought you maybe were newb scum that didn’t know how to be sussed.

I was legit scared until the flip.

But I am on the spectrum so yeah. I knew something was off and thought you were scum but was paranoid of Johnny.

They were serious because I didn’t realize you were trolling.
It's kind of the hard part of a text based game like forum mafia. The tone is analogous to the frequency of the message you have to get right, and we all project our own assumptions into it depending on the intent we expect from the other player.
If you read my posts pretending I'm something like the Riddler cornered and talking to Batman, you will get the intention behind the posts and why I had so much fun writing them.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

*Thumbs up* Thanks!
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1428, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
Vivax has been eliminated; he was a
Terminator

Congratulations to the Resistance Fighters — Gamma Emerald, Aisa, Radical Rat, Fidget, Mathblade, PenguinPower, JohnnyFarrar, Firebringer, Enchant, Freedom — for winning Mini 2274: Terminator Salvation!

A huge thanks to all the replacements for helping sub in and to Jingle for helping to moderate!

Hope everyone had fun!

This setup was inspired by TENET and Help Isis, Scholarship Student at Noon

Two of my favorite games from the past year. I've been thinking about how to do a time travel, separation, reunion type setup in a way that makes sense flavor wise and is fun to play - I am not sure if this was a lot of "fun" per se but I am glad to see it swung back and forth from favoring one side and then the other.

Originally the town was in a lot of trouble and scumreading all the wrong people in the "future" and had Toogeloo dead to rights in the "present" and somehow both of these swung 180 degrees and turned into a complete townstomp in the "future" while Toogeloo and later Vivax miraculously survived to go very deep.

The restriction on the Mafia Nightkill was that it had to be made on the side with
fewer
mafia, the design was to prevent the possibility of no survivors from the town coming from a timeline so there would always be at least one town player surviving either side.

Dead PT
Future PT
Present PT

Mafia have 24 hours for redactions - msg me if you want any.

I actually enjoyed this more than Squid but I absolutely hated the post cap. Some people just aren’t particularly great at wallposting but at least I won’t get nightmares over parachutes this time. :P

Can’t wait for the scum pt to be released. HYPE :mrgreen:
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:45 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

scum pt released

thanks for the tribute Aisa! :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

Subject: Terminator Salvation: Terminator PT
NotAHecticAlt wrote:
Loki
/ejj/FB are our primary targets atm for a fake scumteam IMO
Thats where I'll be pushing.
That’s hilarious, that you think you could seriously push me. :lol:
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:31 am

Post by Aisa »

Subject: Terminator Salvation: Terminator PT
NotAHecticAlt wrote:
In post 44, Aisa wrote:Last spam and then I promise I will go, I just thought of something. I really like NAHA's takes in this game. I think part of the problem might be that in one of my previous games I nearly got burned by this scum when I thought I mind-melded sooo well with him and now I'm just wary of mind-melding as a sorting tool. But maybe, just maybe, it is time for me to chalk that up to bad luck, let gooo of those reservations and embrace mind-melding once more ✨
<3 i am so sorry
lmao
Safe to say I'm over mind-melding at least for a couple months
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1450, Aisa wrote:snip
Shoulda multiposted this. Would've been hilarious.
This is a Parachute.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:16 am

Post by lilith2013 »